Author Topic: “Wasn’t Built In a Day Part I: The Rebuild.”  (Read 278 times)

Offline Harper Mason

• View Profile
“Wasn’t Built In a Day Part I: The Rebuild.”
« on: March 06, 2024, 08:57:02 PM »
Harpin’ On with Harper, Backstage at Climax Control 386, Long Beach, California
Sunday the 3rd of March 2023, 21:00pm

(on camera, start vlog)

We open on Harper walking down the hallways of the arena that just hosted Climax Control and she has a mildly annoyed look on her face.

”So, I’ve got a thing to address before I get into my next match, people seem to be under the impression that I’m making noise about a rematch with Bobbie because apparently no one pays that much attention to my promos or segments!

Seriously, what part of “wanting to rebuild after I lost to Bobbie” don’t people understand?! What? Is the resemblance to Jessie that strong that people just think that I’m Jessie from Orlando?! Look, I know Bella has the next shot at Bobbie, she more than earned that right in that Blood Bath Brawl Match at My Bloody Valentine, do I wish I were facing Bella instead of Bobbie? Off course, I’m sure Bea will feel the same when she wakes up from being speared through the cage! Do I want to upend the bosses’ plans for my own benefit?

No, absolutely not!”

Harper shakes her head.

”How does that saying go? Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it? I learned from Jessie’s history with title matches, I know better than to pull half of the stunts she pulled when she was wrestling and that’s not even getting into the crazier shit she pulled! #JessieDeservesBetter anyone?” Harper shakes her head before sighing. ”I’m sorry but I spent months trying to establish myself as I young Bombshell who just so happens to be related to Jessie, to have all that ignored in favour of “oh she’s making noise about a title shot” when in reality I was fantasising about how things could’ve turned out if I had beaten Bobbie in that ladder match irritates me to no end! But I do have something to be excited about because next week I’m facing someone I had wanted to face since I signed that SCW Contract.

Hey there Sam, your reputation definitely proceeds you, doesn’t it?”

Harper brushes some hair over her shoulder.

”Multiple Time Champion, Hall of Famer, not only are you almost a mirror of Jessie in some respects, you’re also one of the nicest women in wrestling in general! I mean, they don’t give out titles like “SCW’s Sweetheart” for nothing, right?” Harper sighs as she reaches the parking lot. ”You’re both the kind of opponent that I can learn a lot from but you’re also the key for me to start my rebuilding process, I can’t afford to lose this match Sam because I don’t know where that will leave me when the dust settles!

One thing’s for sure though, it’s gonna be a hell of a match!”

Harper’s hotel room, Long Beach, California
Sunday the 3rd of March 2024, 23:00pm

It’s later that night in Long Beach and Harper is laying on her bed in her hotel room, clearly with a lot on her mind.

”Seriously, do people pay attention to promos and segments in SCW?!” Harper muttered with a frustrated huff as she read the match preview for her upcoming match with Sam Marlowe but Harper’s thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door and she went to answer it. ”Bit late, isn’t it?” Harper asked Josh when she saw her manager and he shook his head.

“I’ll keep this brief because I was getting ready for bed when I saw your tweet to Bella and the separate tweet.” Josh explained and Harper nodded before she stepped out of her hotel room. “You seemed pretty angry Harper.”

”Less angry and more frustrated, and I just know that Bella’s going to ignore everything I said and just continue with the “Harper’s trying to jump the que” bullshit that SCW started with that match preview.” Harper responded with a frustrated grunt as she folded her arms. ”I mean, it’s not like I said on twitter, Climax Control and at My Bloody Valentine before the match itself that I planned to go on a rebuild spree in the event that I lost but sure, take me fantasizing about how my first title match in SCW could’ve turned out completely out of context!”

“I get why you’re frustrated but channel that towards your match with Sam.” Josh advised Harper and she folded her arms with an annoyed huff. “I know you’re excited to wrestle Sam for the first time.”

”Well, yeah, she was one of my favourite wrestlers back when I was first starting out as a wrestling fan and I think our styles will mesh well together.” Harper sighed as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”And like Mercedes she’s one of Jessie’s oldest rivals, unlike Mercedes Sam is a total sweetheart as opposed to a complete bitch so I doubt we’ll see a repeat of my first match with Mercedees next Sunday.”

“No doubt about that, I’ve known Sam for years, only person I’ve ever seen her mad at is Veronica Taylor and that was years ago.” Josh responded with a nod and Harper grinned in response. “At the very least we should be getting some news about Jessie’s baby soon.”

”She said that she plans to have a gender reveal party soon, Keira doesn’t think it’s a good idea but then again she thought me seeking religious guidance after my parents were murdered last year was a bad idea.” Harper responded as she shook her head. ”Anyway, Jessie said something to me last week about planning the party for next week, I take it you’ll be there?”

“Off course.” Josh responded before he let out a yawn. “Anyway, I’m off to bed, try to sleep off the anger before we fly back to Vegas tomorrow, okay Harp.”

”Sure, good night.” Harper responded before returning to her hotel room and closing the door.

Harpin’ on with Harper, Harper’s loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 4th of March 2024, 18:00pm

(on camera, start vlog)

We open today’s vlog on Harper looking thoughtful in her loft.

”You know it’s funny but over the past few weeks I’ve come to the realization that so far my SCW Career has been something of clip show of Jessie’s, hasn’t it?” Harper asked as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”I’m not counting my debut match in that because, well, Jane’s been gone from the company for months and she joined right after me, but aside from that? Think about it, or better yet, look at some of the women I’ve faced since I signed that contract last year, Mercedes Vargas, Crystal Zdunich, Bea Barnhart and now Sam Marlowe! All women I’ve seen do battle with my cousin over the years! Now, I’m still waiting for another crack at Bea because there’s no way in hell I’m letting one loss to Bea Barnhart hang over my head for the rest of my SCW Career but I’m not really sure what to make of it.

And then we get to the bullshit that SCW’s Match Preview said about me and I’m wondering one thing, does SCW Higher Ups just view me as a younger Jessie with dirty blonde hair?”

Harper shakes her head.

”Never mind the fact that I’m taller, more athletic and wrestle a completely different style to Jessie’s, the fact that I’m related to her means I’m just Jessie 2.0, am I right?!” Harper lets out a frustrated sigh. ”I’ve been telling everyone who’d listen that I’m nothing like Jessie personality wise but the moment I briefly daydream about what could’ve happened if I had won the Roulette Title four weeks ago, suddenly I’m making noise about a title shot? God, I’d hate to see the aneurisms they’d get if a wrestler mentioned a title in literally any other fucking context!

Let me spell it out for you, I have no intention of upending Bella’s upcoming title shot, she earned that by going through hell and I’m not just talking about wrestling Crystal Zdunich twice in the span of two shows! I said it before and I’ll say it again until I’m blue in the fucking face: yes I would love a return match with Bobbie, no I don’t want to take any shortcuts, I’m going to earn it the old fashioned way, much in the same way that I earned it the first time around.

Well that or I get randomly selected as Bobbie’s challenger on a random episode of Climax Control and things just progress from there but let’s be honest, that’s a very slim chance! But you know what could increase the chances of that happening?

Beating Sam Marlowe this Sunday.”

Harper lets out a deep breath.

”Let’s be real for a minute here, if I want that return match with Bobbie that the higher ups THINK I’m making noise about, I need to win matches and Sam just happens to be in my way on Subday night! Sam’s credentials as a wrestler speak for themselves off course and she’s one of the sweetest women on the roster, but with Ben pre-occupied with this whole Alexander Raven and Luna Pasilno thing what exactly is there left for Sam to do? Aside from wrestle Luna at a later date because that seems like an inevitability, doesn’t it? Maybe it’s time we faced the fact about Sam being booked against little old me.

Sam needs this win just as much as I do, think about it, this is the first time she’s wrestled a singles match all year, every other match has been a tag team match with Sam in some capacity and hell, in her last two matches she drew one match thanks to a time limit draw and lost the other due to Ravenfearence.

Me? At the moment I’ve got one win and three losses in 2024, I lost the literal first match of the year to Crystal, beat Bella, wrestled Tempest to prove a point and off course, the loss to Bobbie is my most recent match.

We both need this win Sam, and I’ve beaten women with a lot more experience than me before, you? You’ll be no different.”

(end vlog)

Jessie’s gender reveal party, Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 5th of March 2024, 18:30pm

Jessie’s gender reveal party for her baby is in full swing as Harper arrives and sees Jessie, who has a very noticeable baby bump by this point, waiting for her in the kitchen.

”Bet you’d never thought you’d do something like this huh Jess?” Harper greeted her cousin as she hung up her jacket and Jessie grinned,. ”Be honest, who’s idea was it?”

”Shane just wanted an excuse to cook for a bunch of people again, it was Jake that suggested the whole Gender Reveal thing.” Jessie explained as she brushed some hair over her shoulder and Harper nodded. ”I’m going to be tweeting about it later for those who couldn’t make it, though to be fair only Carter expressed interest and last I checked he’s still dealing with his bronchitis.”

”Yeah, sucks that Carter came down with that right before the Mixed Tag Title Match, though I’m pretty sure he’d have to beat off Miles to attend this party!” Harper immediately regretted her choice of words when she saw the amusement on Jessie’s face and facepalmed with a blush. ”I really, really, really should’ve worded that a LOT better!”

”Somehow I doubt they’ll complain! Anyway, everyone else, Titan included, is in the backyard, I’ll be out there soon for the gender reveal.” Jessie informed Harper and she nodded before heading outside where tables and chairs had been set up, two things came up to greet her, one was Jessie’s rescue dog Titan who was happy to see Harper, the other was Harper’s partner in crime.

”Hey Harp! Glad you could make it.” Cassie greeted her before leading Harper to where she was sitting. ”So how long did it take you to pick an appropriate shirt?”

”You’re that worried about recreating that Raised by Owls video?” Harper teased Cassie and she shook her head. ”I don’t really have any offensive metal shirts back home, even if I did I’d think twice about wearing a Dying Fetus shirt to an event like this, or Infant Annihilator, or Butchered at Birth, or Aborted, or Decrepit Birth or I’m giving some old lady a heart attack aren’t I?”

”If you were then I would’ve cut you off by laughing my ass off, still not as funny as wearing that Cradle of Filth shirt to church though.” Cassie responded with a laugh and Harper shook her head. ”So, any speculation about Jessie’s kid?”

”Not really, I’m just here for the company.” Harper shrugged her shoulders before patting Titan on the head. ”Besides, that’s assuming her baby doesn’t turn out trans or intersex or something like that.”

”True enough, and that won’t be for a while yet anyway.” Cassie responded before Shane brought over some food for the girls. ”You excited Shane?”

“Nervous and excited, it’ll be my first kid after all.” Shane responded as he showed the girls what was on offer. ”Chicken, burger, hot dog, take your pick before Titan gets any ideas.”

”I’ll take a burger for now.” Harper decided and Shane loaded a burger onto her plate. ”What about you Cass?”

”I’ll take a burger as well.” Cassie responded and Shane gave her a burger before leaving to head back to the BBQ grill. ”Bet you’re glad to have a break from what SCW’s said about you at least.”

”Can we not talk about that? I’ve ranted enough about that crap as it is, I just want to have a good time and enjoy some good food.” Harper protested and Cassie conceded before they started enjoying their burgers which were as good as they remembered, soon afterwards Jessie stepped out for the reveal.

”Attention everyone! The time has come.” Jessie announced as Jake came out with one pink balloon and one blue balloon. ”The balloon I pop will represent what gender my child will be, assuming they don’t turn to be trans off course, are you ready?”

A drumroll rounded from Jake’s phone and everyone watched on as Jessie held the pin ready to pop either balloon, once the drum roll ended Jessie popped the pink balloon, confirming that her baby was a girl.

Harpin’ On With Harper, Harper’s Loft, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 6th of March 2024, 18:00pm

(on camera, start promo/vlog)

For her final vlog of the week Harper is looking pretty relaxed.

”I definitely have a lot on my mind this week, not least of which is the whole Roulette Title situation but well, I’ve ranted about that until the cows came home.” Harper admitted as she flipped some hair over her shoulder. ”But that’s enough about Mercedes getting her thousandth title shot in this week’s main event! Yes I know she tied the poll with Seleana but the joke was too good to pass up, let’s talk some more about Sam, shall we?”

Let’s.

”Just to recap the points I brought up on my last vlogs, you’re exactly the kind of wrestler who I can learn a lot from wrestling and we both need this win when you look at the broader picture.” Harper stated as she leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed. ”But we both know what this match will boil down too, who wants it more? The upstart rookie who just had her first taste of championship gold in SCW or the respected veteran who’s held more titles than I care to count? If you ask me and I know my opinion will be biased, it’s me!”

It's that simple.

”I have more to prove and my whole career in front of me, Sam has been wrestling since I was in my mid-teens at least and some would say that her career is winding down.” Harper stated as she leaned back further in her chair. ”I don’t want to name names but I think their initials are LP, but either way Sam? I am looking forward to this match because I know we’ll put on a banger, but more importantly? I know I can win this!”

And with that Harper decided to wrap things up.

”I know actions speak a lot louder than words in this business and I’ll let my actions in my match against you do the talking for me Sam!” Harper added as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”And on Sunday, those actions will lead me to my second win of the year because the world needs a new hero and her name is “The Slaytanic Avenger” Harper Mason, see you in the ring at Wasn’t Built In a Day Part I: The Rebuild Sam!”

Harper turned off her webcam as the scene fades.