Author Topic: “Same Old Song And Dance, only with a fancy new collar!”  (Read 843 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Same Old Song And Dance, only with a fancy new collar!”
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:05:58 AM »
Caleb’s first match as the new Internet Champion played out a lot like the first one, with Kris Ryans picking up the win over the younger opponent but Caleb was, as ever, undaunted by the setback and this week at Climax Control 314 he was facing an old enemy of his, the new SCW Roulette Champion Bill Barnhart! Much like Climax Control 313’s Main Event between Bombshell Roulette Champion Krystal Wolfe and Bombshell Internet Champion Andrea Hernandez neither man’s title was on the line, only their pride! Can Caleb bounce back from the loss to Kris?

Caleb’s hotel room, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Monday the 11th of October 2021, 18:00pm

I know what you’re thinking and no, I’m not commenting on the dog costume beyond “I thought it would be a funny idea” and Krystal’s reaction was perfect so yeah, no further comment on that.

Speaking of dogs, I’ve got an old dog that I’ll be facing yet again this Sunday night, you got it folks it’s Bill Barnhart only now “Old Fart” Barnhart has a singles title to his name! And unlike the time where he and his wife finally won the Mixed Tag Titles, he’s held it longer than two weeks! Granted that is mostly because he’s yet to have his first defence but I do have a prediction for when Bill’s first defence happens.

Remember how long my first two Internet Title Reigns were? Yeah, I don’t see Bill’s reign lasting beyond the first defence either!

“Caleb, when you said “bring Lemmy’s lead and back-up collar to Climax Control” I thought you had something else in mind entirely.” Katie commented as she shook her head in disbelief and I grinned in response as we talked over Zoom, Katie was back in Las Vegas for the week getting her training done with the others. “Something that would’ve been far to hot for TV I might add! But no, you went and brought a dog costume.”

“Tricky part was finding one that was less fursuit and more cute Halloween costume.” I admitted with a laugh and Katie shook her head. “After that? It was keeping a straight face as I barked.”

“Caleb, you’re the Internet Champion, the last guy who held that title is the current World Champ, at least TRY to have some dignity!” Katie responded with an exasperated sigh before our Labrador Lemmy poked his nose in. “But that is a good segway into your next match as champ admittedly, you know, since your facing Bill again!”

“At least there’s an actual story here beyond the whole “Caleb and Bill put on good matches”, namely that Bill finally won his first singles title!” I pointed out as Katie patted Lemmy on the hard. “There is part of me that wants to be happy for the guy, but I know from personal experience that holding a title is never easy in SCW.”

“Yeah, Krystal seems to be the one bucking that trend right now, even after that loss to Andrea she’ll be up to 147 days as champ by Climax Control 314.” Katie nodded in agreement after doing the math in her head. “Speaking off, our favourite Aussie is pissed at herself for letting Andrea get the better of her, but that much really could’ve gone either way, and she’s worried about what Char will do next to get to her.”

“After Char choked out Azurine with Krystal’s finisher? I don’t blame her!” I nodded in agreement before thinking for a minute. “What’s Gabriel’s stance on that?”

“Obviously, the only people who know what Char has planned next are Char and her entourage, but Gabriel has warned the Go Gym Graduates to watch out for her.” Katie responded before pausing. “Except Tempest and Fenris but, well, if those two DON’T go without saying I don’t know who does.”

“Fenris would probably just glare at her until Char decides to try it on something else, Tempest would just slam Char and Kiara through a wall and use Mr. Chalmers as a back scratcher.” I responded semi-jokingly, but it was still enough to get a good laugh out of Katie. “Or should that be Super Nintendo Chalmers?”

“I know right? His title might be Mr. Chalmers but in a roster that probably grew up watching The Simpsons? He had to know the jokes were coming!” Katie laughed before letting out a deep breath. “Now I’m wondering about the bullying he got growing up.”

“I doubt that’s the case, I can’t find an age anywhere for him but he’s gotta be in his late forties/early fifties at most, I’d bet the only animation on TV when he was growing up was Scooby Doo and the like.” I pointed out and Katie nodded in agreement after thinking for a second. “And don’t get me wrong, I like Scooby Doo but man, the animation in the original series has not aged well.”

“Maybe but there were some creepy monsters, The Creeper anyone?” Katie pointed out and I nodded with a grin on my face. “I’d better get going, I think Lemmy wants some food, have you eaten yet?”

“Ate dinner before the Zoom Call, but I did run into Krystal and her niece in the lobby.” I responded and Katie grinned when she heard that. “And yes, her niece is as cute as they say.”

“Krystal’s been trying to get Gabriel to let her bring Rachel to the Go Gym whilst she trains but so far? He hasn’t budged.” Katie shrugged her shoulders in response. “I kinda get why but her niece will have to socialize at some point.”

“Katie, Krystal was the creative driving force behind the presidential press conference seg, she’ll find a way to make it work.” I pointed out and Katie grinned in response before we went to end the Skype call, and after a quick blown kiss we ended the Skype call.

Caleb’s hotel room, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Thursday the 14th of October 2021, 18:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go again.

“Stop me if you’ve heard this before, oh look, Bill Barnhart and Caleb Storms aren’t doing anything right now, let’s put them in a match together even though Old Fart Barnhart only has one win over me compared to four wins for my side! Really, the only difference this time is that in my last encounter with Bill, I won the Internet Championship and the only reason I didn’t pin him was because Malachi was also in the match! And since then? Bill won the Roulette Title after it was vacated by our now current World Champion!”

Talk about a downgrade.

“Look, I know they needed bodies for that Triple Threat Match especially since it was in Atlanta and SCW may as well be a second home for people from Atlanta but I’m just saying, I doubt Bill would’ve walked out the Roulette Champion if his competition was anyone other than Miles Kasey or Lincoln “Mr. Mediocre” Daniels and going from Alex Jones as Roulette Champion to Bill Barnhart from Roulette Champion is like going from eating a Fillet Mignon prepared by and cooked at one of Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants to eating a McDonalds Hamburger!”

And now I’m hungry!

“Bill, your reign may have just started but people are already taking bets on how long it’ll actually last, at least with me they waited until after Brother David Shepherd was named the Number One Contender to my title last week but you? You just won it and people are already counting down the days until the end of the reign of “Old Fart” Bill Barnhart, what does that say about you? Actually, scratch that, I don’t even have to use that as an example, just look at your Mixed Tag Team Title Reign!”

Yep.

“Now granted, Austin James Mercer and Tempest only got this shot because it was Alicia Lukas’s turn to be Queen for a Day, that couldn’t be more obvious! But I’d argue that Queen Alicia only hastened the demise of your Mixed Tag Team Title reign by booking that match and that it wouldn’t have lasted that long without her help, hell the argument could be made that you would’ve been lucky to make it to the next Supercard as champion but my point stands, winning titles is basically your kryptonite Bill!”

It’s that simple!

“And I guess that makes me Lex Luther holding the green glowing rock above you! Let’s go back to your one and only win against me Bill because if history has taught us anything about that one match in hindsight, it’s that your one win over me was a fluke! I beat you several times since then and at least twice on my way to championship gold! Either winning it or challenging for it! And whilst you finally won a title last week, I’m here to ensure that your reign gets off to the worst possible start.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!

“After all Bill, we’ve been here before and it’s the same old song and dance only with a fancy new collar for both of us! The Internet Title for me, and the Roulette Title for you! Not to mention the fact that we both won our respective titles after they were vacated, me after winning a tournament and you after winning a Triple Threat Match but I guess we’ll soon find out who wanted it more because there’s a storm brewing and unless you brace yourself Bill, you and your Roulette Title Reign will be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your Internet Champion!”

I went to get something to eat as the scene fades.
user posted image