Author Topic: “Sun, Sea, and openers!”  (Read 430 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Sun, Sea, and openers!”
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »
 It was the fourth Climax Control of the year and already a lot of unexpected stuff was happening, Sam Marlowe’s long reign as Bombshell Roulette Champion didn’t even make it past the first week of the year as she would lose it to Candy in the first Main Event of the year, Bobbie Dahl would overcome Keira Fisher, Sam Marlowe and Andrea Hernandez to challenge Roxi Johnson for the SCW World Bombshell Championship at My Bloody Valentine in a few weeks’ time putting Andrea on the injured list in the process and the year was just beginning, but what of Caleb Storms?

His year was off to a rocky start as he suffered his first loss against Travis Levitt at the first show of the year but this week he had a chance to bounce back as he was taking on Maddox Ayers in this week’s opening match, Maddox was a Florida native (from Orlando so not quite a hometown show) who had made his debut on the first show of the year against fellow debutee Link Rexx in their debut match which Maddox won, and whilst Link has competed twice since then (and lost both times) the same couldn’t be said for Maddox but now he was back in action and looking to continue his winning ways, can Caleb pick up his first win in 2020?

Gatorz Bar and Grill, Port Charlotte, Florida
Friday the 24th of January 2020, 18:00pm

We knew we were going to run into this problem eventually with Lemmy.

No, it’s not going for a pee/poo on the boss’s doors at Climax Control, we always make sure that he does his business outside the arena before we bring him in and if he needs to go again Katie will take him outside, the problem was finding a place to eat out that allowed pets.

And as it turned out, there’s a whole website dedicated to identifying dog friendly restaurants in a given area called bringfido.com, we actually discovered it during the second week of the year but because I wasn’t in action for two weeks straight I couldn’t plug the website until today and Gatorz Bar and Grill was highly recommended.

We haven’t even sat down yet, and I can already see why.

But more on that in a sec, as mentioned I’m finally being booked in another match following my loss to Travis Levitt at the first show of the year and it’s the opening match of the night that sees me against Maddox Ayers, one of two male superstars who debuted at the first show of the year, the other being Link Rexx who can’t seem to win to save his life, as opposed to Maddox who has been undefeated since his debut but that won’t last.

“Hi there, welcome to Gatorz Bar and Grill.” The barmaid greeted us as we approached the bar, I had Lemmy’s lead in my hand and the little pup was happily sniffing around the bar. “Can I get your order?”

“Yeah, we’d like a menu please.” Katie responded before she walked over to Lemmy and picked hm up. “Also, this place was recommended as a dog friendly restaurant?”

“That it is!” The barmaid responded before patting Lemmy’s head. “How old is he?”

“Five months, we got Lemmy here from a shelter.” I explained and the barmaid grinned as Lemmy licked her hand. “So, we take a menu from here?”

“Sure.” The barmaid nodded as she passed us a menu each, Katie put down Lemmy and after stroking him she took the menu. “I’ll have someone bring a water bowl for Lemmy, do you want some drinks in the meantime?”

“Soda for me, I’m driving.” I responded and the barmaid nodded before she started getting a glass ready.

“Same, well, aside from the driving part, don’t feel like drinking alcohol today.” Katie responded and the barmaid nodded before she started pouring our drinks, I passed the lead to Katie and she quickly got the idea before she led Lemmy to a table that was in between two adult and much larger dogs, a German Shepherd and a Old English Sheepdog respectively, whilst I paid for and brought over the drinks.

It hadn’t taken the two adult dogs long to take notice of Lemmy as she was hanging out with the German Shepard by the time I came to the table. “I see it didn’t take long for Lemmy to make friends.” I commented as I passed Katie her drink and sat down next to her, the Shepherd’s owner wasn’t paying attention as the much larger (and older though the Alsatian was clearly a young dog) dog played with Lemmy, the Old English Sheepdog seemed to be regarding Lemmy with suspicion on the other hand.

“Well, we know he’s good with other dogs from other interactions with dogs.” Katie pointed out before we looked at our menus, by the time we had decided on a double bacon burger each I felt a cold nose pressing against my leg and looked down realizing that the German Shephard was sniffing ,my leg. “He doesn’t bite, right?” Katie asked once she saw the dog and the owner looked up.

“I wouldn’t be bringing him here if Max did bite.” The owner assured us, and I stroked Max a couple of times whilst Lemmy went over to the Old English Sheepdog. “You kids new in town?”

“Yes and no.” I responded as the Old English Sheepdog warmed up to Lemmy. “We’re here with the SCW crew for Climax Control on Sunday.”

“Oh, you’re Caleb Storms? My son watches SCW all the time, got him the tickets for this Sunday’s show for his birthday.” The German Shepherd’s owner responded and I grinned, after a few seconds the inevitable autograph request for his son came and I happily signed it as the barmaid brought Lemmy’s water bowl over and took our orders, after a few minutes our food arrived and naturally we had the undivided attention of all three dogs for the length of the meal, but no matter how adorable Lemmy was he wasn’t getting human food.

“I’m stepping out to do my promo Katie.” I told her once I finished and she nodded before I headed out of the bar to get my promo done.

“2020 didn’t get off to the best start but if Jessie can bounce back from her first loss of the year so can I, albeit with not nearly as many weapons involved and without me getting attacked from behind after the match, or at least I hope so because in this week’s opening match I’m taking on Maddox Ayers in singles competition, whose Maddox Ayers? Well for one thing he’s yet to lose a match in SCW and his first match was against Link Rexx, who’s had the exact opposite so far in his SCW career.”

So yeah, his career’s not off to a bad start.

“But here’s the thing Maddox, no one stays undefeated forever and if you don’t believe me, just ask Fenris who managed to go a whole year without being defeated, we’ll just ignore what I tweeted after his first loss because that was easily one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made in my career but more to the point, I’m not about to deny that you are a talented guy Maddox because I did watch your debut match against Rexx on the way to the arena but at the same time I have a loss to bounce back from.”

And I’ll do it against you.

“This Sunday is the fourth Climax Control of the year and with the reinstatement of the Internet Championships being announced last week I have one thing on my mind, win my match against you and gain some momentum heading into My Bloody Valentine III should I be announced as one of the challengers for the Men’s Internet Championship match but until then I just have to focus on winning my first match of 2020.”

It’s that simple.

“I’m not saying that it’s guaranteed that I’ll be selected but from where I stand? I think a win here would certainly put me in contention for that belt or one of the other championships in SCW, either way I’m focused on getting the win this week and as far as I’m concerned it’s going to take a lot more than an impressive newcomer to SCW to stop me from winning my first match of 2020, as for what’ll happen after that? Who knows?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This week it’s Sun, Sea and Openers as me and Maddox Ayers go one on one in this week’s opening match and whilst I’m sure that Maddox is a good guy and a talented wrestler, I’ve been in SCW for a lot longer and I’ll show that experience this Sunday because Maddox had better brace himself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms as I get ready for whatever’s coming next!”

I went back into the bar as the scene fades.
user posted image