Author Topic: “Well, I can’t say I saw this coming!”  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Well, I can’t say I saw this coming!”
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:30:47 PM »
 Caleb lost the Roulette Rules match to Bill Barnhart despite the stipulation (a Rock and Metal Street Fight) arguably being in his favor but his performance in that match and impressed Mark Ward enough to put him in a Fatal Four Way Match at High Stakes pitting him against Jake Raab, newcomer Stephan Callaway and a mystery fourth opponent who, presumably, would be announced this week on Climax Control, however Caleb might not make it to the match and not for injury related reasons.

This week on Climax Control Caleb was challenging Culture Shock for the Mixed Tag Team Titles alongside Jessie Salco who had been a thorn in the side of Christina Rose as of late, throw in the fact that both Jessie and Caleb hadn’t had the best of luck as of late and this could be a major turnaround for both metalheads but Culture Shock were not going to make things easy for them, can Jessie and Caleb win? And what would the win mean for the High Stakes card?

Myett’s, Tortola
Friday the 20th of September 2019, 18:00pm

Note to self, next time a pub advertises local bands, check to see what kind of local bands they mean!

Following the meeting we had with Jessie at D Best yesterday we agreed to meet up again on Saturday for training and match strategizing but I can’t help but feel just a little bit uncomfortable with Jessie’s recent actions towards Christina Rose so I’m doing my best to keep my distance from her until we meet up to train and, obviously, compete for the Mixed Tag Team Titles on Sunday night against Culture Shock but until then I’m happy to stay away from her.

And yes, I know how difficult that’ll be should we actually beat Culture Shock for the titles!

And at the back of my mind, I can’t help but wonder what that win will mean for the High Stakes Card and the matches that Mark announced for the show last week that feature me and Jessie, Jessie will probably get her match against Christina in the new year especially if we lose the titles at High Stakes but the only thing I had going was my match against Bill Barnhart and that lasted all of two weeks into the Supercard Cycle.

Also, if the Rock and Metal Street Fight wasn’t added to the wheel specifically for me and Jessie, I’m eating my entire album collection!

“So, you had any second thoughts about the team up with Jessie?” Katie asked me, breaking my train of thought in the process just as the local band finished their set, not exactly the kind of music I like but the atmosphere in the pub is decent at least. “And yes, before you point out the obvious, you didn’t choose to team up with Jessie.”

“Well, you’d think we’d be a dream team, being a pair of high flying metalheads and all.” I responded as I shook my head before taking a sip of my drink, nonalcoholic because I’m the designated driver tonight and I’m in no hurry to try conducting a promo whilst drunk off my ass! “But as I said, Jessie’s recent actions towards Christina Rose have my troubled, almost like that Disturbed Tom meme, not just the attacks but the fact that she helped Diamond ruin her life just for a payday.”

“True, and from what I hear, Amy feels the same way and we both know that she isn’t a big fan of Christina to begin with.” Katie nodded in agreement as the local band walked past us and went straight to the bar, presumably having loaded their equipment into the van already, brings me back to the days where I was in a local metal band. “But to bring this back to the present, how will this effect the match on Sunday?”

“That’s a great question.” I responded with a sigh as I ran my free hand through my hair. “I’m hoping I can set the issues aside and win but that leads to an even bigger question, what will the win over Culture Shock mean for High Stakes.”

“Well, if Culture Shock get their rematch in that scenario, that answers that question.” Katie pointed out before I took a sip from my drink. “But I know what you mean, Mark announced two matches for you and Jessie for High Stakes last week.”

“Let’s face it, Jessie vs. Christina was bound to happen eventually, if not at High Stakes then probably the New Year.” I responded with a shrug before frowning. “But if we lose the titles back to Culture Shock in that scenario you just mentioned, it’ll leave me high and dry.”

“Well, the good news is, the worst case scenario would be being booked in a random match for the first Supercard of 2020, assuming that High Stakes is the last Supercard of the year.” Katie responded and I nodded in agreement. “Best case, it’ll be a number one contenders match, probably for the Roulette Title, but that’s just guess work based on how Mark and Christian typically plan things out for a Supercard.”

“Let’s hope your guess work doesn’t get me in trouble with the bosses, I might get put in an Iron Man Match against Fenris if that happens.” I responded with a nervous grin before another local band took to the stage, we didn’t have much desire to stick around so I motioned to Katie to see if she wanted to leave and she nodded without hesitation. “You okay with waiting in the car whilst I do my promo?” I asked once we were outside and Katie glanced up at me.

“Sure, send me a text once your done and I’ll bring the rental car around, I didn’t have as much to drink as I thought I would so I should be fine.” Katie responded before she went off to the carpark and I found a nice quiet spot to do my promo.

“Well, I can’t say I saw this coming! After my loss to Bill Barnhart last week I figured it would be a few weeks before I competed for a title but low and behold, just one week after the loss I’m not only competing again but I’m teaming with Jessie Salco to challenge Culture Shock for the Mixed Tag Team Titles! You already heard Jessie’s comments about the match yesterday and it’s only right that I make my voice heard as well!”

Starting with Jack.

“Jack, you are an amateur wrestler turned professional and you’ve already had some success, that said, your about to become the latest in a long line of one defense wonders, don’t feel to bad because it’s happened to me too! Long story short, me and Jessie are ending the reign of Culture Shock before it can get off the ground and worrying about what’ll mean for High Stakes later and once we win the titles, we’ll worry about those consequences later.”

And as for Emmie.

“I won’t go into as much detail as Jessie did yesterday about Emmie Ward, from what I’ve seen, she’s done just fine on her own merits without the help of Mark Ward but that won’t help her against Jessie for one big reason, Jessie’s experience edge over Emmie and say what you will about, well, everything Jessie related since she won the Internet Title from Mercedes Vargas but especially her recent actions against Christina Rose but she is a hell of a wrestler and an eleven year veteran, meaning that Emmie will struggle to keep up with her once the bell rings!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Are the consequences for us winning this match will have for High Stakes in the back of my mind? Absolutely but right now? Me and Jessie are focused on the present and that present involves the dethroning of Culture Shock as the Mixed Tag Team Champions, but they had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms and “The Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco!”

I sent Katie a text as the scene fades.
user posted image