Author Topic: “Putting the old dog down!”  (Read 425 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Putting the old dog down!”
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:42:35 PM »
 (Mark Ward was used with Mark’s permission)

The first Climax Control of the Paradise Lost Tour featured many twists and turns up to and including a brutal attack by Jessie Salco on Christina Rose, Jessie’s reasons have yet to be revealed as she has been using twitter to taunt Christina instead but that’s not all that happened on Climax Control as the Number One Contender for the Roulette Championship Bill Barnhart issued an open challenge to anyone on the roster who competed in the Men’s Ultimate X Match at Summer XXXTreme.

That challenge was answered by the youngest wrestler in that group Caleb Storms who laid out his request clear as day, Roulette Rules, next week on Climax Control and Bill’s challenge for the Roulette Championship would not be on the line, can Caleb win? And if so, what would that mean for the Roulette Title Match at High Stakes VIII?

Backstage at Climax Control, Aruba
Sunday the 8th of September 2019, 21:00pm

It’s been a wild night, but things will get even wilder next week.

By now you’ve seen what has happened so far, Jessie’s attack on Christina, the matches and everything else in between up too and including me accepting Bill’s challenge, well now I’m waiting outside Mark’s office so I can make my challenge to Bill official for next week’s Climax Control, tell you the truth it almost feels like I’m waiting outside the principal’s office to be disciplined for something I did wrong, mostly because the build up for last year’s Summer XXXTreme is still fresh in my mind.

Still, some good might come out of this.

The door opened and Mark ushered me in, Katie opted to remain outside, and I entered his office whilst Mark sat behind the desk.

“You can’t seem to resist trying to mess with my plans, eh Caleb?” Mark sighed as he put his feet up on the desk. “Or I would say that if you didn’t ask for Bill’s Number One Contendership to be on the line.”

“Like I said, he earned it, even if I didn’t get around to watching the Roulette Title Match until after the segment.” I responded as I shook my head before folding my arms. “Other than that, you okay with my requests?”

“Sure, why not have two Roulette Rules Matches on the same show?” Mark shrugged his shoulders and I grinned in response. “Won’t be the Main Event, have a different match in mind for that one, but it will be the second to last match on the card.”

“Got it.” I nodded in response and Mark smirked. “Anything else I need to know?”

“Just that this match won’t have an effect on my plans for the Roulette Title at High Stakes, those would’ve been changed if Kedron had won tonight but obviously, he didn’t.” Mark added and my mind went back to the theme park tour from last year. “And I might have considered putting you in it if he had since, as you pointed out, you do have a win over Kedron.”

“Right, right, also, how well did your plans go for last year’s Summer XXXTreme?” I asked and Mark’s mood quickly soured. “About as well as Jake Raab’s World Title Reign?”

“About as well as a fart in the bathtub, but your comparison works as well.” Mark responded as he took his feet off the desk and leaned forward. “What’s your point Caleb?”

“My point is, plans an change.” I responded before Mark leaned back.

“But mine don’t, and if you want to change my plans, win a title.” Mark responded before getting some paperwork out. “Now if you excuse me, I have to figure out how much Christina’s, Crystal’s, whatever her name is, hospital bills translate to American dollars.” Mark added and I took that as my cue to leave the office.

“So, your heads still attached to your body.” Katie greeted me once I closed the door behind me and walked up to my wife. “I’m guessing the talk went better than expected.”

“Pretty much, I did get a snide comment in about last year’s Summer XXXTreme but that’s about as bad as it got.” I responded with a shrug before I kissed my wife. “Only way the plans could’ve changed is if Kedron didn’t make me look like an idiot tonight and lose to Teddy in the Roulette Title Match, but I digress.”

“In your defense, you were preoccupied with that one map on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.” Katie pointed out as she motioned to the Nintendo Switch in my pocket. “If I had known that you were planning to reference it, I would’ve told you but we both lost track of time tonight.”

“At least I didn’t miss the main event, that will be a show stealer for sure.” I responded with a nod and Katie grinned before we returned to the area where we had been watching the show, when it reached the last commercial break before the main event, I excused myself so I could do my promo.

“As of late, it seems I can’t escape Roulette Rules Matches but at least I requested my next match be a Roulette Rules Match because why not leave everything to chance? Next week I’m taking on “Bulldog” Bill Barnhart in singles action and as I already stated this match will be contested under Roulette Rules because that’s one of the stipulations that I asked for, the other? That Bill’s Roulette Title Opportunity won’t be on the line.”

Some might call me stupid I call myself honest.

“I mean, you’d think I’d be all over a title opportunity after my long and lopsided war against Fenris earlier this year but as I said, Bill earned the opportunity and if I’m going to get another shot at gold, I’d rather earn it the old fashioned way which is kinda ironic when you look at the age difference between me and Bill Barnhart and whilst Bill might favor a slower, more technical style, there’s one question on everyone’s mind, can he keep up with me?”

Take a wild guess.

“I might be a high flyer but after I got the fear of god put in me by Fenris earlier this year I have been training in MMA so if Bill thinks that he can beat me by taking me to the ground, well, he’s going to find out the hard way that I’m just as good at submissions as I am in the air and when he feels me calling in the air next Sunday night it’ll be too late to stop the metal storm from winning this match and moving on to bigger things.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Bill might be the Bulldog but he’s also old as fuck and you know what we do with old dogs? We put them down, I’m not saying that I’ll be trying to kill Bill in the ring, but this match will make people realize that Bill is not as nimble as he used to be and that it’s high time that we need to talk about putting the old dog down! In the meantime, Bill had better brace himself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I went back to my wife as the scene fades.
user posted image