Author Topic: Really? Him?  (Read 461 times)

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Really? Him?
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:34:25 PM »

Scene One-The sins of the father…
Off Camera  
New York, New York  
2 Years Ago

Alex stood with his arms folded looking over the gym. Various students, local rookies and some who traveled further all to be apart of “wolfs lair”. They moved in the ring hitting the ropes hitting the mat and some of them sat watching others as well as warming up on the various machines and gear around the large building. A smile came across Alex's face, they all wore black t-shirts with the gym logo, they all worked themselves hard and listened to his advice. It allowed him to work out but to give his knowledge to others.  

After a few moments, he turned with a grin seeing Sonja walk in with a smile. Her long blonde hair flowing down her shoulders, a smile on her face as her hand seemed to drift and stay on the small baby bump forming. She moved up next to Alex looking over the students, trainees, and advanced trainers. She sighs happily and grabs Alex’s hand squeezing lightly. “They’re coming along nicely love.” Her voice was soft and content, her touch showed love and compassion. She enjoyed having Alex home, even more, so away from the hardcore styled matches he had been forced to compete in lately.  

Alex gave a small nod as Sonja sighed deeply and turned to him, her eyes staring up as she seemed to make a conscious effort to look adorable. Alex raised an eyebrow looking down at her before smirking. “What have you done?” Sonja smiled and shrugged before getting close kissing his lips softly. “Sonja….” She looked down and gave a small shrug before turning to look at the entrance, there standing in the doorway was Austin James Mercer. Son of Christian Mercer. Alex sighed and rolled his eyes shaking his head.  

Sonja squeezed his hand again and pulled Alex’s face to his with another small smile. “Why?” She leaned in close whispering. “He’s back working, he requested to come train here and Christian called me.” Alex groaned and looked over at Austin again giving him a small nod before pointing to the ring, he looked at Sonja and shook his head before turning and taking her to the small office in the corner closing the door behind him. “Problem love?”

Alex ground his teeth together and ran a hand through his hair. “Since when do we do favors for Christian Mercer?” Sonja rolled her eyes and stepped back folding her arms over her chest. “I’m doing a favor for him and you’re doing one for me…” He sighed again and looked up at the ceiling throwing his arms in the air. Sonja smirked and shook her head lightly. “Stop acting like you’re not going to just do as I ask Alex.” He turned his head to her slowly and shook his head with a laugh. “Ask?...no you’re telling me…”

“Yeah same thing, look the kid is talented, his father is an investor and without Chris, we wouldn’t have got it up and running. He has never asked to change anything at all, he has had our backs this whole time and...Elena asked too…” Alex’s head hung down as he moved his hands over his forehead to his pressure points on the side of his head. “Alex, it’s not a major thing….he’ll work hard, he won’t want preferential treatment…”

She leaned up kissing his cheek, Alex gave her another nod and wrapped an arm over her shoulder. “You’re lucky I love you….”  

Scene Two-Sibling Rivalry
Off Camera  
Dallas Texas  
10 Years Ago

“Come on kid”. Alex laughed and moved to the side as his younger brother went for a double leg but slid across the canvas. Alex smirked as Dylan slammed his fist on the mat. At 15 Dylan was bigger than a lot of his friends but still smaller than Alex. He was athletic and wanted to try his hand at wrestling. They had got permission from their mother. After much begging from Dylan and Kind words from Charlie, now 18 and Alex. now 22 convinced her to let Alex train Dylan at a local gym.  

Alex moved around Dylan and as Dylan again ducked down he grabbed a leg, this time Alex quickly bent down wrapping his arms around his baby brothers midsection squeezing before lifting Dylan up and slamming him down. Alex then spun around Dylan's back and took him around and over, locking in a rear naked choke. Dylan struggled and moved, he tilted his chin and grabbed Alex’s arm pulling back and away from his neck turning around to gain the upper hand. Charlie looked up with a proud grin at ringside nodding at Dylan.  

“Not bad….” Alex laughed as Dylan smiled not realizing Alex had wrist control. He looked down to late. Alex turned his hips pulling Dylan around wrapping his arm and his legs straightening into an armbar pushing his younger brother down. Alex straightened his back and pushed up. Dylan screamed in pain. “Tap DJ….” There was nothing Alex rolled his eyes and pulled harder causing Dylan again to cry out. “TAP DYLAN” Charlie screamed and slammed her hand on the mat.  

“No….” Dylan yelled and Alex sighed pulling once more cracking his elbow before letting go, Dylan yelled in pain again and stayed on his knees holding his arm as Alex rolled over his shoulder to his feet, he paced back and forth shaking his head. “If this was a match I would have fucking taken your arm off DJ…” Dylan smirked and gave him a small nod before sitting back looking over at Charlie who just sighed deeply. “I ain’t a quitter Alex.” Alex stopped mid step. Charlie rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, Alex turned and slapped his brother across the face. “Don’t be an idiot. Do you know what pride gets you in this?. Broken bones and time off…”

He scoffs and throws his arms in the air as Dylan slowly wiped the blood from his lip. “There isn’t shame in knowing you got beat by someone better. You learn, take it in and never make the same mistake again.” Dylan nods slowly and slides from the ring, Alex turns to Charlie and slides through the ropes with a deep sigh. Alex looks at his phone as Charlie keeps an eye on their baby brother scowling as a few of his “friends” approach  

“We need to do something about that…” Alex made a grunting noise and looked up for a moment putting his phone away, “They’re just his friends Charlie….I’m not dad I can’t tell him who he can and can’t see…” He looked back at the screen, Charlie grabbed Alex by the face turning his head towards the entrance just in time for Alex to see it, Dylan shaking a friends hand and a small bag being passed between them.  

“Yeah...we have to do something about that...and soon…”

Scene Three-Really? Him?
On Camera
New York, New York
Present Day

”You have got to be kidding me…”

Alex paces back and forth, his head shaking side to side as he looks around.

”Look, I get I can’t face top-flight competition all the time, I understand we have a large roster here and everyone is jockeying for position. But why am I facing a guy so disinterested in SCW that he seems to only turn up for his matches, put in minimal effort and walk away?. Why am I facing a man who has had the entire world handed to him, and still finds fault and complains?”

“The truth is I should be facing guys like Vinnie and Fenris, Ty West and Griffin Hawkins. Hell even Caleb Storms and Lachlan Kane, but instead I’m in a match with Travis Levitt. You know. In the beginning, when he first signed his name on a contract to come here Travis was rather impressive. He came in and put in effort, he tries hard in every match and because of that SCW believes they had a star.”

They took him and his pale, pasty white girlfriend and gave them mixed tag shots…”

“They failed.”

“They then gave Travis a Roulette title shot and that weird flakey ass wannabe St John Cross basically handed the title to him. The first time Travis had a challenge, he rolled over and Griffin made him his bitch, taking the Roulette title and making it mean something. An accomplishment Travis never got to do. Cause he’s one of those people that just doesn’t have the balls to put it all on the line. I already beat Travis once, I already stomped his head into the match and in Tuscon Arizona, I plan on doing it again.”

Alex growls and shakes his head.

”And why not Travis?. Why don’t you actually care? You think this is easy Travis? That everything should be handed to you? The XWO title was handed to you, a shot at Lachlan and Sierra was handed to you, the SCW roulette title was HANDED to you. And because of that you just became lazy. Hell even Pandora saw it, she saw how lazy you are and decided to go find another man in Chris Matthews and you, like a flaming dipshit, let it happen…”

“But against me Travis, you won’t get anything handed to you.”

“Against me Travis, nothing is easy…”

“I am one of the best professional wrestlers in SCW and in the world. I turn up, week in and week out to ply my trade and remind everyone just how good I am. I watch and help my friends, my students prepare for their world title matches while also performing in the ring at a higher level than most will ever reach and the scary part is, right now. I’m moving at half speed. I’m sitting back and winning my matches but not pushing myself for title shots, and I could, I could go to Griffin and challenge him, I could challenge Austin…”

“But I haven’t….and I won’t…”

Alex smirks.

“No, instead I will just enjoy being a part of all of this, sure alot of people look at me as the elder statesman, the old man of Wolfslair. But I’m still in my 30’s, I’m still young...and I will have my time...I will have my titles and accolades….but until then Travis….I’ll be happy beating people like you…”