Author Topic: “WHY?!”  (Read 401 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“WHY?!”
« on: June 07, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »
 As if Caleb’s upcoming rematch against Fenris couldn’t get any worse for the young metalhead, Christian went and tricked him into agreeing to make the match a Lion’s Den Match by asking Caleb what the last type of match he would want to face Fenris in would be, the only good news for Caleb? It was going to be their last match against each other! To help Caleb prepare for the match (provided he doesn’t flee the country) the bosses have booked him in a one on one match against Jake Raab on this week’s Climax Control, can Caleb survive?

UCity Church, Tuscon, Arizona
Friday the 7th of June 2019, 11:00am

And thus, begins the longest month of my entire life.

I had a sneaking feeling that I was going to be in the same ring as Fenris again after the Fatal Four Way Match at London Brawling II, what I didn’t expect was Christian tricking me into accepting a match type that not only negates most of my high flying moves but gives Fenris a massive advantage because of his MMA Background but that’s exactly what happened last week on Climax Control, Christian tricked me unto agreeing to a Lion’s Den Match against Fenris.

And therefore, I’m at a church for the first time in my life, I need a damn miracle!

Before anyone asks, yes, I know what a Lions Den Match is, as I said when I first signed with the company two years ago, I’ve been binge watching old episodes of Climax Control and old PPVs and right now, I’m up to Mayhem in Morocco, why is that important?

Steve Ramone vs. Gabriel in the Lions Den Match, need I say more?

And that brings me to my match this week on Climax Control as to help prepare me for the match, the powers that be have booked me against Jake Raab, a guy who also has MMA experience and took Fenris to the limit the last time they faced off against each other, to put it simply, I need a miracle if I’m going to win this match and my match at Into the Void.

I swear, if I was any younger, my parents would sue Christian for child endangerment!

“Caleb, can we go yet?” Katie whispered to me as she was feeling more than a little uncomfortable wearing her Destruction Curse the Gods shirt, anyone who’s seen her wear it will know why but then again, I did neglect to tell her that we were going to a church. “Even if it was a Sunday Service, we still stand out due to our shirts.”

“I know.” I whispered to Katie as I prayed away. “We’ll be done soon, I promise, starting to get pins and needles in my arms from all this praying.” I added and Katie shook her head.

“That’s beside the point, I know your terrified of facing Fenris in the lion’s den, but it won’t be that bad.” Katie responded and I looked at her as if she had grown a second head that was speaking in a Jamaican Accent for some reason. “You have been watching the match between Steve and Gabriel in preparation after all.”

“Which doesn’t exactly help when both Steve and Gabriel are veterans with a lot more experience than me!” I responded before shaking my head. “I need a damn miracle, because at this rate? The only way I can win against Fenris is if he accidentally knocks himself out during the match!”

“And this isn’t exactly Fenris’s first Lions Den Match either, so yeah, I’m starting to see your point.” Katie conceded and I resumed praying. “What about your match against Jake on Sunday.”

“You mean the guy who took Fenris to the limit in his last successful defense of the World Title?” I asked and Katie nodded. “That’s another match I need a miracle for, at least things can’t get any worse.”

“Do you really want to jinx that?” Katie asked with a grin and I turned to her. “Knowing Christian, he’ll find a way to make things worse for you.”

“And let’s end that conversation there before we give him ideas.” I responded before feeling that I had done enough praying for one day and stood up, did I feel like religion had changed me? Nope, desperate times call for desperate measures and whether it’ll work or not will have to wait until Into the Void. “You want to wait for me in the car whilst I do my promo?”

“In a church?” Katie asked with a uncertain look on her face and I nodded. “Just watch what you say, otherwise you’ll be struck by lightning or something.”

“Knowing my recent luck? That’d be an improvement.” I responded getting a laugh out of Katie before she left the church, I got into position before I got started on my promo.

“I have one thing to say about my upcoming match against Fenris at Into the Void VIII in the Lions Den.” I started before clearing my throat. “WHY?!” I asked with desperation in my voice. “Yes, I know Christian tricked me into agreeing to the stipulation but that doesn’t mean I have to like it! In fact, I’d say that the exact opposite was in effect! And to top it all off, a guy who took Fenris to the limit is my opponent this week to help me prepare, I’m going to need a lot more than Jake Raab to prepare for this match!”

God, I hope I didn’t just give Christian ideas.

“As for Jake, my question isn’t whether I’ll win this match, my question is whether I’ll survive this and the Lion’s Den Match in a few weeks’ time! And to be honest? I don’t think I have a good chance of surviving this or the other match at all because I don’t know if you noticed but I don’t have any MMA experience and based on my first match with Fenris, I don’t think I’d do well if I did make the jump to MMA for whatever reason!”

If nothing else, I’d be a YouTube sensation for all the wrong reasons.

“That said, my plan for this match and the Fenris rematch is simple: survive and live to wrestle another day, winning either of those match is pretty much a secondary objective at this point and if you ask me, things can’t get any worse as the clock ticks down to Into the Void VIII but if Christian does find a way to make things worse, I’m fleeing the country at the first opportunity I get! But until then, I have two matches to survive and that’s all that matters to me right now!”

Notice that I said survive.

“To put it bluntly, I’m being realistic about my chances against Jake this Sunday and Fenris in a couple of weeks’ time, I don’t see myself winning either of these matches unless two miracles in a row happen and even then, I don’t have my hopes up, hell, I didn’t have my hopes up before Fenris’s match against Malachi last Sunday and I don’t think I need to remind you of how that match ended! And to think, I wouldn’t be in this situation if it weren’t for that tweet I made back in April!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“There’s a reason I’m doing this promo in a church, I need a miracle! One for my match against Fenris at Into the Void VIII and one for my match against Jake Raab this Sunday! My only takeaway? Just the fact that I have a slight chance of surviving these matches because a metal storms about to, hopefully, blow Fenris and Jake Raab away but more likely “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms will be lucky to survive these matches!”

I left the church as the scene fades.
user posted image