Author Topic: “Oh thank god!”  (Read 335 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Oh thank god!”
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:07:03 PM »
 Caleb wasn’t in action last week but it seemed that his biggest fear heading into Blast from the Past was averted as Fenris’s year long Title Reign and undefeated streak was ended last week on Climax Control when Austin James Mercer after Mercer pinned Fenris following the Legacy Bomb, the win sent shockwaves through SCW and Caleb was quick to express his relief of Twitter but that quickly backfired when Fenris announced that he would forfeit his rematch for the title to get a rematch with Caleb.

That would have to wait however, this week on Climax Control the Blast from the Past Tournament was continuing to see who would join the teams of Amy Santino and Senor Vinnie, Blade Alexander and Alicia Lukas, Travis Levitt and Valentina and Kale Smith and Brittany Williams in round two of the tournament and as luck would have it, Caleb’s team with Roxi Johnson was among the competing teams as they were taking on former World Bombshell Champion Dani Weston and SCU Wrestler Stewart Mason, Caleb made it to the second round in last year’s tournament but will this be the second time lucky?

Backstage at Climax Control, Dublin, Ireland
Sunday the 24th of March 2019, 11:00pm

I don’t think I’ve ever felt more relieved.

We have literally just watched the end of the match between Fenris and Austin James Mercer, more specifically when Austin pinned Fenris to break his undefeated streak and end his title reign, in fact I’m so relieved that I quickly put out a tweet exclaimed “OH THANK GOD” without really thinking off the consequences for such a tweet before I put my phone away, that relief was quickly set aside when I saw the look Katie was giving me after checking her phone.

“Caleb, I know you are worried about facing Fenris again.” Katie commented as she gave me a look that just screamed “what the hell Caleb”. “But you realize that Fenris is going to see that tweet at some point, right? I mean, he’s still recovering from the title match but once he wakes up? Well, let’s just hope that we can leave for Belfast early enough so that Fenris doesn’t catch you.” Katie added and I winced realizing that she was right.

“Well, let’s just hope that nothing comes of that.” I responded before getting my phone out again and seeing that Christian had basically replied with the same message that Katie had for me and then Fenris confirmed my worst fears, he was willing to give up his rematch for a rematch with me, wait, when was my rematch when I lost the Roulette Title?! “Open Mouth, Insert Foot!”

“Fenris saw the tweet?” Katie asked and I nodded with a grim look on my face. “Well, look on the Brightside, at least he won’t challenge you to a Lion’s Den Match!”

“Don’t give him ideas!” I responded before next week’s card was handed over to us by a stage hand, Katie took it and then passed it to me so I could read it. “I would say that it looks like me and Roxi are opening things but its not like this week’s card was reflective of how the matches were placed on it.” I commented and Katie leaned over for a better look.

“Either way, Dani Weston is a tough first round opponent, especially since she was the World Bombshell Champion only recently, as for Stewart? I’m not familiar enough with SCU to really judge his work.” Katie commented and I nodded in agreement before we stood up to make our way to the parking lot so we could drive back to the hotel, get a good night’s sleep and then head off to Belfast which, according to Google Maps, would take us an hour and forty eight minutes by car. “Think you’ll get through to the second round again?”

“I hope so, I don’t want to be responsible for both members of Team Hero failing to go through to the second round.” I responded with a shrug as we started to head towards the parking lot. “I mean, this week’s show featured some shocking eliminations as well.”

“Maybe but who knows? Maybe next week’s show will be as predictable as the day is long.” Katie suggested, and I had to admit, that was a real possibility, then again if this week’s Main Event proved anything it’s that anything can happen in wrestling. “Well, aside from St. John’s Cross’s first defense of the Roulette Title, I don’t think he’ll want to lose it so soon after winning it back.”

“I didn’t want to lose the Roulette Title as soon as I did and, well, we all know what happened there and in the following weeks.” I pointed out the memory of the Theme Park Tour from the year before still fresh in my mind as we approached the parking lot. “You want to go get the car ready whilst I do my promo?” I offered Katie and she turned to me.

“Whatever works best for you, but I suggest you be quick about it just in case Fenris is still around.” Katie responded and I nodded in agreement before she went off to get the car, now that I was alone, I sat on the bumper of an unoccupied car as I got ready to do my promo.

“I have never been more relieved at the result of a Main Event more than I have tonight, to the point where I actually stopped myself from saying “Oh Thank God!” out loud but now I realize that by tweeting it instead, I’ve potentially shot myself in the foot! That said, the champion might be different, but the Blast from the Past Tournament remains unchanged as I team up with Team Hero’s Roxi Johnson to take on former World Bombshell Champion Dani Weston and SCU Wrestler Stewart Mason in my first Blast from the Past Match.”

And hopefully not my last!

“This week saw one member of Team Hero get eliminated already by Amy Santino and Senor Vinnie, but I hope that Roxi can use her veteran instincts to pick up where Keira left off and advance us to the next round by beating Dani! In fact, I seem to have great luck with partners as this year I team up with a member of the legendary Team Hero and last year I had Sam Marlowe as a partner! Hopefully this year me and Roxi make it past round two as Roxi puts away the young upstart!”

As said by a young upstart, yes, I have noticed the irony.

“Stewart Mason remains the wild card in this match for me as he is the only wrestler in this match who I’m unfamiliar with! And yeah, I know I can go watch SCU to get more info on him but I’ve been busy binge watching old SCW episodes since I joined the company, anyway Stewart I’m sure you’ll put up a great fight against me but I have one goal in mind, especially now that Fenris has lost the title and that’s make it past the second round of Blast from the Past and your not stopping me from achieving that goal.”

“Err, Caleb.” Katie chimed in after just pulling out the car breaking my concentration. “Isn’t that Christian’s car that your sitting on?” Katie asked and once I realized she was right I quickly hopped off and headed into our rent-a-car before letting the cameraman in so I could continue my promo as Katie drove off.

“Dani, Stewart, most people would call you two a rough draw for the first round but if anything, you got the rough draw because you’re facing a member of Team Hero and a guy who has all the tools necessary to make it to the big time and we’ll prove that next Sunday on Climax Control where we’ll beat you and move onto the second round, as for what awaits us afterwards? Who knows but there’s one thing I do know, Keira will be the only member of Team Hero eliminated in the first round if I have anything to say about it!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This may be my second Blast from the Past but I’m confident that I can go all the way to the finals with the legendary Roxi Johnson as my partner! Dani and Stewart may be great wrestlers but how can I go wrong with one of the greatest of all time as my partner? I can’t, it’s that simple because Dani and Stewart had better brace themselves because there’s a superpowered storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by the team of Roxi Johnson and “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

We drove off (and as luck would have it, the cameraman needed a lift to the hotel anyway) as the scene fades.
user posted image