Author Topic: “New year, new beginnings.”  (Read 342 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“New year, new beginnings.”
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
 The New Year had been off to a rocky start for Caleb with a loss in the male Golden Briefcase match at Inception III which was ultimately won by Senor Vinnie, however the first Climax Control of February gave him a chance to turn his fortunes around as he was going one on one with fellow Golden Briefcase Match participant Joshua Acquin in this week’s opening match, can Caleb kick off his first Climax Control of the year with a win?

Local café, Carson City, Nevada
Friday the 1st of February 2019. 12:00pm

It’s the New Year people! And no, I’m not going to say that “New Year, New Me” stuff, technically we’re into the second month of the year so unless you’ve made a New Year Resolution that was year round, we’re past that point.

Speaking of resolutions, my resolution to win a title and hold it for the rest of the year still stands and whilst the Golden Briefcase match at Inception III was a speedbump on the road to that goal, I’m not letting that slow me down and a win over Joshua Acquin this Sunday on Climax Control will be my ticket to doing just that! Me and Joshua were both in the Golden Briefcase Match at Inception IIII that was ultimately won by Senor Vinnie who will inevitably get his ass kicked by Fenris again when he cashes in the Briefcase but until then I’ve got a match to win and stock to build.

And against Joshua Acquin? It’ll be a piece of cake!

Me and Katie are on our morning run in preparation for the match on Sunday when we decided to stop at a local café for lunch, and as luck would have it, we stopped for a break right outside a café so yeah, that helped.

It’s almost like it was fate, or a coincidence, take your pick.

“Can’t believe it’s February already.” Katie commented as we sat down at a table and made ourselves comfortable “Feels just like yesterday that it was January.”

“Ha, ha, very funny.” I responded as I rolled my eyes before grabbing a menu and passing one to Katie. “I swear, your jokes are as bad as Christian’s jokes whenever a member of the roster has done something to piss him off but not to the extent that Seleana did before the holidays, that said, I can’t help but wonder what Christian has in store for Seleana should Crystal fail to get the job done?” I added before making my choice.

“I think at that point, Christian will just drop all pretenses and just try to have her killed.” Katie responded with a shrug as she made her choice. “And to think, this thing started over a broken nose! You’d think with the number of times he made life hell for Seleana that she had repeatedly run over his puppy with a steamroller.”

“I think it’s less to do with that and more to do with the fact that she embarrassed him on National TV and Mark hired her back literally a week afterwards.” I responded and Katie raised an eyebrow. “Don’t look at me like that! We both know that Christian and Mark are the wrestling world’s version of Tom and Jerry.”

“I think the real question is, which one’s Tom and which one’s Jerry?” Katie asked and I went to answer but the question stumped me, fortunately the waitress came over to take our orders inadvertently breaking the awkward silence in the process as we placed our orders. “But enough about Christian’s obsession with Seleana, you ready for the match against Acquin on Sunday?”

“Ready to kick of the new year the right way you mean?” I asked and Katie shrugged her shoulders in response. “The Golden Briefcase match was a speedbump but I’m still going full speed ahead with my plan for 2019 and Josh will be the first victim on my road to a yearlong title run.”

“Let’s just hope that Senor Vinnie doesn’t decide to screw with your plans.” Katie responded and I nodded in agreement, about twenty minutes later the waitress came over with our food which was typical café food, good but not really anything to write home about either and it was still enough to fill us up and reenergize ourselves for the rest of the run. “How much time is left on the run?” Katie asked and I checked the time on my watch.

“About half an hour before we agreed to head back to the hotel.” I responded before checking our planned route via the app. “Yeah, if we just follow that route, we should be back at the hotel by one o’clock at the latest.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Katie nodded in agreement before I left some money for the food and a bit extra as a tip for the waitress. “You mind if I go on ahead for you to do your promo?”

“Sounds good to me.” I nodded before we stood up and went to leave the café, after we arranged a meeting point Katie went on ahead and I made a start on my promo.

“Much as I don’t like using old clichés, new year, new beginnings! I mean sure, my plans for 2019 hit a snag when I lost the Golden Briefcase Match at Inception III but it’s not about how you start, it’s about how you finish and this week I’m facing fellow Golden Briefcase competitor Joshua Acquin in the opening match of this week’s Climax Control from right here in Carson City, Nevada! And unfortunately for Acquin, they’ll be no gold in his future when I’m done with him.”

I said before I started running after Katie, it was somewhat amusing to see the cameraman try to keep up with my running speed, but I didn’t let that distract me.

“Josh, we’ve both had our ups and downs in SCW since our debuts and really, the only difference between us in that regard is what year we debuted for the company! Other than that, we’ve had similar success with titles but all that will go out the window at this week’s Climax Control where I’ll pin your shoulders to the matt for the one, two, three! You might try to slow me down and ground me but that won’t help you in the end!”

Because I need this win.

“As I stated in my New Year’s Resolution, I want to be a champion by the time the year ends and the only way I can get close to a title again is to start winning matches and guess what Josh? You are first on my list of opponents I must beat so that I can get that far! And whilst I am weary of Senor Vinnie trying to screw with my plans, he’s not my concern right now, for all we know he’s going to cash in the briefcase on Fenris for another shot that’ll just end the same way as his last shot did but until he does, who knows what he’ll do? But I do know what I’ll do and that’s win this match!”

Simple as that.

“Josh, you’ve been around longer than me but you haven’t achieved the same success that many, younger competitors have in the ring and this Sunday will continue that trend when I kick your as all over Carson City, Nevada, I kinda wish that it was a Street Fight because then I’d be able to literally kick your ass all over the city without worrying about being counted out but as the old saying goes, beggars can’t be choosers.”
And with that I decided to wrap things up as I could see Katie up ahead.

“This match may just be another Climax Control opener to most people but to me it’s something more than that as I move forward in my quest to end the year as champion, I at least know that Joshua won’t go down without a fight but in the end, only one metalhead will win and your looking at him but in the meantime Joshua had better brace himself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I caught up with Katie as the scene fades.
user posted image