Author Topic: “Non-title, no problem!”  (Read 291 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Non-title, no problem!”
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »
 Caleb wasn’t in action last week but he made his voice heard declaring that his New Years Resolution for 2019 was to hold a title for a whole year, regardless of which title it ended up being, these where obviously lofty aspirations for the twenty one year old but he had his mind made up, declaring that he would take it easy for the rest of 2018 unless the bosses said otherwise but in the meantime Caleb had his next SCW match to worry about.

And if taking it easy was on Caleb’s agenda, well that was going out the window this week as Caleb was in a Triple Threat Match against the current Honor Wrestling Champion Austin James Mercer and longtime SCW mainstay who was considering retirement soon “The Freight Train of Pain” Casey Williams, out of the three Caleb had the least experience but that has never stopped Caleb before, can Caleb win the match?

Local card shop, Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Friday the 30th of November 2018, 21:00pm

How did Katie talk me into this?

If you’re talking about the match on Sunday, since when did Katie have the power to book matches in SCW? No I’m talking about my predicament at the moment as I am taking part in a local Magic the Gathering draft in Lake Tahoe using the most recent pack Guilds of Ravnica, yeah I don’t know what this is about but hey, the cards look cool and Katie, who has played Magic before, has run me through the basics.

And I thought the rules for Yu-Gi-Oh where confusing.

Well at last on Sunday I’ll be doing something I know and something that I know I can do well, namely wrestle! And remember what I said last week about taking things easy for the rest of 2018? Ha-ha, no, just one week after I said that the bosses booked me against Austin James Mercer and Casey Williams in a Triple Threat Non-Title match, that’s right, I’m up against the current Honor Wrestling Champion in what might be his last match as Honor Wrestling Champion and a seven footer whose career might be winding down but he’s still a seven footer.

So much for taking things easy!

“Okay, I tap one red and one white mana to bring out Legion Guildmage.” I made my move against a far more experienced opponent, Katie had helped me make my deck choice by pointing out that White/Red decks were often aggressive, and I figured that it fit considering that I’m a wrestler and all. “So, unless you counter it, it’s your go?”

“Don’t have the mana to counter it.” The opponent shrugged before he untapped his mana and drew a card, once he saw it he played it immediately and I knew the moment I saw it that this wasn’t going to be a good night for me. “Command the Storm, deals five damage to target creature, I target your Guildmage and swing for game.”

“Yeah, good game.” I responded sheepishly as I shook the opponent’s hand, there has been three rounds and I’ve lost all my matches 2-0, Katie on the other hand has been a lot more successful than me having already finished her last game. “Good thing I’m not as bad at wrestling as I am at Magic.”

“Hey, at least you tried, and your brain didn’t melt too much from all the info you had to process.” Katie responded with a grin and I shook my head. “Besides, I thought it was going to be a Battlebond event instead of a Draft, but I misread the date on the Facebook event.”

“Didn’t you say that Battlebond is basically tag team magic?” I asked, and Katie nodded in response, I let out a sigh as my opponent took the result up to the counter. “Probably would’ve done better in that too be honest, I spent most of my first two games completely lost.”

“Yeah well, when I said, “make a red/white deck” I didn’t mean “use every red/white card you draft whilst still keeping it within the forty card limit.”, things have to have a common theme in these games.” Katie pointed out and I shook my head. “I still say you should take this up, it would be a good break from all the working out you do for your wrestling matches at least.”

“Yeah but at least I know I’m good at wrestling.” I responded before the guy behind the counter, I think his name was Gary or something, called out for the results and we went up to the counter, predictably I ended up dead last whilst Katie finished third just behind the last guy who beat me who came in second overall, once that was done we made our way out of the shop and Katie grabbed the car keys, “You go get the car, I’ve got a promo to do.”

“Sure, just don’t take as long as your first match did.” Katie responded before walking off and I shook my head before finding a quiet spot and getting ready to do my promo.

“Well, so much for taking things easy for the rest of the year! This week I’m taking on the current Honor Wrestling Champion Austin James Mercer and “The Freight Train of Pain” Casey Williams in a Triple Threat Non-Title Match but as far as I’m concerned, non-title, no problem, because that just means that Austin’s guard will be down and he’ll be prone to more mistakes and when you throw in me and Casey Williams into the match, well mistakes are things that he can’t afford.”

And I’m starting with Austin.

“I never got to face you in Honor Wrestling Austin, but one thing is for certain, if I pin you and the bosses decide to put us in a one on one match, we’ll get to see just how that would play out! But until then I’m focusing on this match and how I’m pretty much the underdog in this match being both the smallest guy and the guy with the least amount of experience in the match but hey, who knows? This may end up being like one of those sports movies where the underdog wins in the end!”

Next up is Casey.

“At least if I do win this match, I’ll avenge my elimination from the Warrior’s Brawl at Casey’s hands by beating him in that ring! Casey might be big and strong, but anyone could see that he’s slowing down, and he was already slow to begin with! At the end of the night I don’t see Casey winning the match because it’ll either be Austin or me who pins him, either way Casey will be the deciding factor in this match and not in the way that he hopes!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Christmas is a little under a month away but if I pin the Honor Wrestling champion it’ll be Christmas come early for me! I know Casey won’t make things easy for me but at the end of the day the underdog will come out on top, in the meantime Austin and Casey had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I walked off to find Katie as the scene fades.
user posted image