Author Topic: “One way or another!”  (Read 284 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“One way or another!”
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:25:24 PM »
 Caleb surprised everyone last week where he beat Connor Murphy to advance to the second round of the Gold Rush Tournament but he didn’t have to wait long to find out who his next opponent was as he was taking on someone who made his SCW debut in the Gold Rush Tournament, namely Senor Vinnie, SCW’s first Mexican Wrestler and a guy who beat Joshua “Christian Underwood’s favorite punching bag” Acquin to advance to the second round, Vinnie was impressive in his debut match but Caleb was focused on rebuilding his stock as a wrestler in SCW in the lead up to High Stakes VII and making it past round two of the Gold Rush Tournament would go a long way to doing that but can he win?

Local gym, Tempe, Arizona
Friday the 19th of October 2018, 11:00am

What did I say about Murphy’s Law and how it would affect Connor Murphy in our match? Well, that was just the beginning.

It didn’t take long for my second round match to get announced and it’s against a newcomer this time around, this week in the second round of the Gold Rush Tournament I’m taking on Mexican sensation Senor Vinnie who made his debut in the opening round of the tournament beating Joshua Acquin during the week where I was challenging Ben Jordan for the Roulette Championship in the Main Event, he won his match and I lost mine (obviously since I’m pretty sure holding a title disqualifies me from the tournament)/

This week however? The roles will be reversed, I will win the match and Senor Vinnie will suffer his first loss in SCW and after that? Well, he and Connor can take solace in the fact that they lost to the eventual winner of the Gold Rush Tournament.

Beating Fenris is another matter entirely.

I’ll go into more detail about Senor Vinnie later but that doesn’t mean I’m not concentrating on beating him, in fact that’s why I’m at this local gym, I’m trying to be as prepared for this match and the other matches in the tournament as possible so I’ve been spending most of my time working out at this gym, if it weren’t for the fact that Katie comes with me to these gym trips you could almost accuse me of spending more time at the gym then I do with my wife.

But at least if I was doing that, she’d understand due to the nature of this sport and all.

“Caleb are we ever going to do something other than work out for your matches on this tour?” Katie asked as she finished her session on the weight machine and swung her legs over to face me, whilst she was on the weight machine I had been working out with the hand weights right next to her. “I know these Gold Rush Tournament Matches are important and all, but we’ve barely had time for anything else since the tournament got announced.”

“You say that like having rock hard abs is a bad thing.” I pointed out and Katie grinned in response knowing that I was right. “Besides, I will be mixing things up once we’re done here, planning to head over to the swimming pool for an hour or two.”

“Now we’re talking.” Katie nodded in approval before we swapped exercise equipment and I set the weight to my limit. “And I’m not just talking about how hot you look in a pair of swimming trunks, for once, swimming is the best form of exercise.”

“I know, and if SCW would invest in some water proof cameras I would’ve brought the camera crew with us.” I pointed out as I continued to do my reps and Katie worked away at the hand weight. “Though I doubt any male viewer would complain about seeing you in swim wear.”

“I think they’d rather see me naked.” Katie joked getting a laugh out of me in the process. “Unfortunately for them, there’s only one man who gets to see me naked and I’m looking at him!”

“Unless there’s an old sweaty guy right behind me, I’m guessing your talking about me?” I asked, and Katie looked over my shoulder making me slightly nervous in the process, thankfully my nerves were quelled when she shook her head and I finished on the weight machine. “Where you able to find anything on Senor Vinnie?”

“Well, he got his promo up earlier, but I know you prefer to watch those when the cameras aren’t watching.” Katie responded as she checked her Gmail app on her iPhone. “Apparently he calls himself the Mariachi of wrestling, though despite that he’s a brutal, hardcore fighter, yeah I don’t know how that’s supposed to work either.” Katie admitted with a shrug. “Aside from that, you already know about his win over Joshua Acquin two weeks ago and he’s a newcomer to wrestling in general and not just SCW.”

“I know wrestling tends to attract the attention of former dancers, had no idea that also extended to washed up musicians.,” I responded as I stood up getting another laugh out of Katie. “I’ll go do my promo then we’ll head to the pool?”

“Sure.” Katie nodded in response before picking up where she left off whilst I went over to a quieter spot to get my promo done.

“There are three things that are preventing me from making a racist joke at Senor Vinnie’s expense, 1: too obvious, especially when you look at who got voted to become the president two years ago, 2: I’m better than that and 3: after what happened to Jessie Salco after she did something similar I’m not going to risk it but yeah, in case you haven’t figured it out, I’m facing Senor Vinnie in our second round Gold Rush Tournament.”

This shouldn’t be hard.

“I know you fancy yourself as the greatest mariachi artist ever but I don’t know enough about the genre to tell who’s bad and who isn’t and I’m wondering how the hell wrestling seems like a logical next step, in fact I’m pretty sure that Vinnie is hiding the real reason, everyone knows he was crap and they couldn’t kick him out quicker  so he decided to try wrestling! Just to get the obvious out of the way, somehow landed a job at SCW and you’ve already won your first match.”

Get ready for another first for Vinnie.

“There will be two firsts in the match Vinnie, first time a metalhead has wrestled a washed up mariachi singer and the first loss for Senor Vinnie and from here? Things can only go up as I continue to climb the ladder.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Vinnie, as far as I see it, your just another rookie who won’t last a year in SCW but one way or another, I’m advancing to the next round! It’s as simple as that but in the meantime you had better brace yourself Senor Vinnie because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I went to find my wife as the scene fades.
user posted image