Author Topic: “Stairway to my first title!”  (Read 281 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Stairway to my first title!”
« on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
 Unfortunately Caleb and Sam were knocked out in the second round of the Blast from the Past Tournament by Fenris and Courtney Pierce but now Caleb had a chance to bounce back in a big way as on the same show Kris Ryans vacated the Roulette Championship so he could focus his attention on the World Championship, it didn’t take Christian long to announce a match for the recently vacated title either as a six man ladder match was quickly announced for the following week’s Climax Control and Caleb was taking part in it, his opponents?

Chris Crippler, Quinton Cross, the man he pinned to make it through to the second round in the first place Nick Steen and Ty West, the four young wrestlers (and one old wrestler) were all vying to become the first Roulette Champion of the new era but can Caleb bounce back from his loss in the second round and win the SCW Roulette Championship?

Local music store, Sparks, Nevada
Friday the 27th of April 2018, 17:00pm

What can I say? There’s only so many gyms, restaurants and metal bars that I can go to before I start repeating myself.

Last week my team was knocked out of the Blast from the Past Tournament by Fenris and Courtney Pierce when Courtney pinned Sam putting the rookie team through to the semi-finals and whilst Sam was the one who cost the team the match, I can’t help but feel partially responsible for it because, as I had pointed out last week, I had wrestled in two matches last weekend that took place in opposite sides of the country, Nashville, Tennessee for Honor Wrestling and Primm, Nevada for SCW.

Yeah, I won the match for Honor Wrestling and secured my place in the Warrior’s Brawl for the Legacy Championship at Turmoil, but I feel that even with the ridiculous amounts of caffeine that I was drinking before the match the jet lag affected my performance big time and we couldn’t perform to our usual standard. However, whilst I can sit here and make excuses all day long I must look to the future and I’m not talking about the Legacy Championship Match.

Saving that one for Monday.

No, I’m talking about the Ladder Match for the vacant SCW Roulette Championship between me, Chris Crippler, Joshua Acquin, Nick “why am I getting a title shot when I’ve yet to win my first match in SCW” Steen, Quintin “wanted for first degree murder of the English Language” Cross and “Pretty” Ty West and as I pointed out on Twitter, out of the Blast from the Past Participants in the match I’m the only one who made it past round one, hell I was the one who knocked Nick out in round one!

Yes, I know Chris technically won the match, but he got replaced by Wyatt so I’m not counting him, what I’m saying is that since I am the only one who made it past round two it obviously means that I have gold in my future!

If you have a better explanation, then I’d like to hear it!

“Man, I’ve got so many CDs to choose from that I can’t decide what to get!” I commented to Katie I went through the metal section of the local music store that we had stumbled upon earlier in the week and decided to check out once we got a break from working out for the match which ended up being today so yeah. “Good thing both of my checks cleared last week.”

“Yeah and you didn’t get any sleep that night because you drank so much red bull and coffee.” Katie responded as I picked up what looked like a new album. “Still surprised that you didn’t spend all of Monday in the bathroom, one things for sure and that’s that you are not doing that again!”

“Do I need to remind you that Honor and SCW booked me for those shows? Hell, with Honor’s next PPV happening next week I might end up in yet another double-booked weekend.” I pointed out with a shrug before grabbing some albums from bands I recognized, Crisix, Pripjat and Ingested, alongside some albums from artists that I didn’t recognize. “Hopefully they’ll realize that they forgot to book Jessie for two weeks in a row and give me a break!”

“Are you sure it’s a matter of them forgetting? Or is it that Jessie accused them of conspiring against her because she’s the only one with the balls to put her name out there for title shots.” Katie responded, and I shook my head before going over to the counter and paying for the CDs by card, once they were paid for and bagged I started making my way out of the shop with Katie in tow. “So, what now? You got a shitload of CDs and you still have to do your promo.”

“If you don’t mind I was thinking about doing me trash talk in the car whilst you drove.” I responded, and Katie shrugged her shoulders in response before we hopped in our car with me in the back, I put the bag of CDs in the backseat next to me before the cameraman hopped in and Katie drove off back towards the hotel, as we drove off I turned to the camera ready to do my promo.

“I could sit here and make excuses for why my team lost to Fenris and Courtney Pierce last week, but I won’t because I’m looking towards the future and the future is looking bright, bright gold in fact as this week I’m one of six challengers for the vacant SCW Roulette Championship and I’m in my element as this is a ladder match, my opponents? Nick Steen, Quintin Cross, “Pretty” Ty West, Joshua Acquin and Chris Crippler!”

What do four of these guys have in common with me?

“In case you haven’t noticed, Chris, Nick, Quintin and Josh competed alongside me in the Blast from the Past Tournament, but the main difference is all those guys got knocked out in round one whilst I got knocked out in round two! Chris is the only exception to the rule because his team won the match, but he got replaced by the male half of the team they eliminated but my point still stands, I’m the only one who made it to round two of the Blast from the Past Tournament but where does this leave you guys?”

You’ll find out right now as I’m starting with Nick.

“People say Jessie gets underserved title shots, yet she’s been in the company longer than most of the current Bombshell Roster yet here we are with a guy with zero wins to his name getting a title shot! Yes Nick, I am talking about you and whilst you did prove me wrong in our Blast from the Past Match you still lost! And when it came time to face Ty West you lost again and what do the bosses do? Put you in a title match off course! But as long as I’m in the match this will be the closest you’ll get to a title shot!”

Next up is Quintin!

“The only thing worse than Nick’s SCW win/loss record is Quintin’s butchery of the English Language via Twitter! Seriously did this idiot ever go to school because I bet a blind chimpanzee could spell better than he can, and I haven’t seen him wrestle much but looking at his performance in round one and reading his tweets doesn’t really paint a flattering picture of him heading into this match! And whilst he continues to brutally murder the English Language I’ll be climbing the ladder and winning my first SCW title!”

Next up is Josh.

“Joshua Acquin AKA the only former Roulette Champion in this match! Some would say that that makes him the favorite to win but let’s not forget that he wasn’t seen or heard from during the couple of months where SCW was on hiatus and when he finally does return he’s got more ring rust on him than I have metal CDs and it’ll be that weakness that sees me though to the SCW Roulette Championship! Simple as that! Next guy on the chopping block.”

Next up is Chris.

“And now we reach the final first round eliminated wrestler in Chris Crippler who put on a great match at Full Circle but when he returned for the reboot, well we all saw what happened! Chris’s team won the match, but Chris got replaced by Wyatt, if that doesn’t indicate that you now that your wrestling career is dying down then I don’t know what will and I’ll further prove my point this Sunday when I win the SCW Roulette Championship!”

Finally, is Ty!

“Ty, you weren’t in the Blast from the Past Tournament but I did see your debut match and there’s several things that make me think “yeah, this guy’s not worth my time” but this week your pretty face will but put through the ringer as you compete in the Ladder match and as I said before there’s only one way I’m leaving Sparks Nevada on Sundae and that’s with the SCW Roulette Championship having won the match fair and square!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“It’s not a stairway to heaven, it’s a stairway to my first post-PWU title and I’ll be riding that train until I win that title! Quintin, Nick, Ty, Chris, Josh and Ty had better watch out if they think I’ll be easy on you because otherwise their in for a hell of a reality check and they had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing because otherwise, they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next Roulette Champion!”

Katie continued to drive as the scene fades.
user posted image