Author Topic: “Round two, fight!”  (Read 263 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Round two, fight!”
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:45:11 PM »
 Caleb’s team won the first round Blast from the Past Match after Caleb pinned Nick Steen following the Painkiller, but Caleb and Sam wouldn’t have to wait long for their second-round match as that had been scheduled for Climax Control 202, their opponents? Two newcomers to SCW in the form of Fenris and Courtney Pierce, Fenris was the first ever SCW superstar (and maybe wrestler period) to emigrate from Iceland and was a former MMA Competitor before making the jump to wrestling whilst Courtney was a complete newbie with ties to SCW veterans Kris Ryans and Mikah, can Caleb and Sam go through to the next round?

Local Gym, Primm, Nevada
Friday the 20th of April 2018, 11:00am

Insert your obligatory 4/20 joke here.

Yeah I realize what day it is and even if I did smoke weed (which I don’t, closest thing to drugs I get is alcohol) I wouldn’t make any jokes about blowing smoke up my opponent’s asses in the second round Blast from the Past Match, for one thing the match is on Sunday, two days after 4/20 so any jokes I could make about it would be immediately dated by the time Climax Control did roll around so yeah, just because it’s 4/20 doesn’t mean I’ll be making any easy jokes.

And I just realized that in 2020, 4/20 will be on a Sunday, meaning that there’s a chance that a future Climax Control could take place on 4/20, note to future self, avoid Scott Oliver like the plague on that day! Even more so than usual!

Anyway, back on topic! Last week I set out to do exactly what I said I would do in my promo by pinning Nick Steen to advance to the second round of the Blast from the Past Tournament and this week I’m facing significantly tougher competition in the form of Fenris and Courtney Pierce in my second ever Blast from the Past Match, on one hand Fenris and Courtney, like Nick, are both newcomers to SCW going up against a veteran team of me and Sam (well, veteran in relative terms when it comes to me anyway).

So, what’s the difference? Fenris is a well built, former MMA fighter! I mean yeah, the fact that he’s originally from Iceland is kind of cool (no pun intended) but he’s basically everything Nick Steen wasn’t! As for Courtney, well she was the one who secured the win for her team over Quintin Cross and Otaki by making Otaki tap and looked impressive doing it so there’s a chance that she’ll give Sam a run for her money on Sunday.

And as for me? I’m just hoping the fact that I’ll be wrestling two tag team matches in one weekend won’t affect my performance in the second! In fact, that’s pretty much why me and Katie are at a local gym, so I can work on my stamina which is something I’ll need this weekend.

“You know, I could’ve sworn I said something to the effect off “working for two companies at the same time would come back to bite you in the ass” last week Caleb.” Katie commented with a grin as she watched me run on the treadmill which was currently at a fast pace. “Did you listen? No, and here you are wrestling two major back to back matches for Honor Wrestling and SCW! Don’t say I didn’t tell you so when you collapse into our bed on Sunday!”

“Katie, I no we finally got around to setting a wedding date on Wednesday night and all.” I responded before boosting up the speed a bit. “But we’re not even married yet and your nagging me like a wife would!”

“Only nagging because I care babe.” Katie sighed before taking a sip from her water bottle. “And on that note, when am I getting a chance on that treadmill? You’ve been hogging it all morning!”

“Soon as I’m done.” I responded before boosting the speed up to it’s maximum and kicking up my own pace a bit. “Besides, there are other treadmills you could use!”

“Yeah but then I wouldn’t get to nag you.” Katie responded, and I shook my head, sometimes I wonder why I started dating that woman in the first place and this is one of those times. “Besides, the Blast from the Past Match won’t be that hard on you due to the rules of the tournament, as soon as either Sam or Courtney tag out you’ll have to take five on the apron.”

“Yes Katie, I know SCW’s rules for mixed tags! Hell, I took part in one before SCW went on hiatus!” I responded before stopping the treadmill and hopping off, Katie hopped on the treadmill and set it to the lowest setting, so she could tackle it at her own pace. “What’s left of my stamina workout anyway?”

“Well, you’ve done the rowing machines, a few laps around the pool and you just finished on the treadmill, I think we can call it a day once I’m done.” Katie responded after thinking for a moment and then grinned. “And if all this stamina training improves your performance in the bedroom, I won’t complain!”

“And I’m not even going to humor that comment with a comeback.” I responded as I rolled my eyes before wiping my sweaty forehead with a towel. “Anyway, I’m off to do my promo if that’s the case, want to meet up outside the changing rooms?”

“I thought you were going to say, “in the changing rooms” for a second there.” Katie joked, and I had to admit, that made me laugh. “Sure, just wait for me outside once your done.” Katie added, and I nodded before heading to the male changing room, I headed straight to my locker where I was keeping my day clothes in a duffel bag and once I unlocked and opened it I set the bag down next to me on the bench before getting ready to do my promo.

“Sorry ladies but Katie’s the only one who’s ever going to see me naked if I can help it.” I joked as I sat down on the bench. “I’ll admit, last week Nick did a lot better than I thought he would but, in the end, I still secured the win for my team but this week I’m facing a potentially bigger challenge in the form of former MMA fighter Fenris whilst Sam takes on Courtney Pierce in the Quarter Finals for this year’s Blast from the Past!”

Didn’t even know Iceland had a wrestling scene, let alone an MMA scene.

“Fenris, I’ve never seen you or any of your countrymen wrestle before but from what I saw of the opening match last week, you impressed me, but anyone could hand a joker like Quintin, let’s see how you do against me! Aside from us being from different parts of the world Fenris you and I are a lot alike, we’re both young, handsome, long haired, hungry competitors looking to make their mark in their first Blast from the Past Match, but I want it that much more and that will secure my team the win!”

Next up is Courtney!

“Next up on the chopping block is the other Bombshell who made their debut last week Courtney Pierce, all I’m going to say is that making Otaki tap out is one thing but making Sam Marlowe tap out? I’ve seen Sam’s title matches and I saw her fly head first into the security barrier thanks to a suicide dive, bust herself open and still manage to retain the title in that match and I’m not even getting into her performance in the Three Stages of Hell Match at Full Circle! What I’m basically saying is that if you think you can make Sam tap the same way you made Otaki tap then all I can say is good luck, you’ll need it!”

It’s that simple.

“Me and Sam both want the same thing for different reasons, Sam wants to be the one to dethrone whoever’s still the World Bombshell Champion and I just want my first title match, regardless of the fact that it’ll be for the World Title and we’re not going to let two rookies, as impressive as they are, defeat us in the quarter finals of this tournament, I’m sure Fenris and Courtney will have a bright future in the wrestling business but that bright future stops at the Blast from the Past Tournament!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“If anything, you guys should take the fact that I’m wrestling in two tag team matches this weekend with a sigh of relief but it won’t help you because by the time our match rolls around I’ll be well rested and ready, even if I do get jet lag from the flight from Nashville to Primm but in the meantime you had better brace yourselves because there’s a storm brewing otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms and Sam Marlowe!”

I started getting my clothes out as the scene fades.
user posted image