Author Topic: "A Preview of things to come!"  (Read 294 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
"A Preview of things to come!"
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:39:48 PM »
 (Sam Marlowe was used with Sam’s permission and Amy was used with Jenny’s permission)

Jessie had done it! She had beaten Veronica Taylor to advance to the Six Pack Challenge match for the World Bombshell Championship at Summer XXXTreme IV, sure she won with a little assistance from Christina Bentley but she made it clear in an interview last week that she couldn’t care less how she won her chance at gold as long as she won the World Bombshell Championship and considering that this year’s Summer XXXTreme will mark the fourth year anniversary of her Supercard debut this was a huge night for her.

However that was a few weeks away and this week Jessie found herself in the latest match putting the competitors in the Six Pack Challenge against each other as she was teaming up with Sam Marlowe to take on Mercedes Vargas and Keira Fisher, this match, officially speaking, had no bearing on the Six Pack Challenge Match but it went without saying that whichever team walked out with the win in this match would have a lot of momentum going forward and with Mikah having beaten the reigning champion Crystal Millar the week before the match seemed like it was any woman’s game but can Jessie’s team win?

Jessie’s backyard, Las Vegas, Nevada
4th of July 2016, 18:00pm

Normally I’d be excited as all hell for the fourth of July and why shouldn’t I? Shane’s an awesome cook and he has pretty much taken over BBQ duty from Jake in the years since we’ve started dating and, well, Jake’s a former army guy so he usually has his old friends from the army over and that usually means a good time as they are all good guys.

This year however? I have other things on my mind, like my upcoming World Bombshell Championship match at Summer XXXTreme and contrary to popular belief this isn’t my first shot at the Bombshell Championship, remember a little show called Sunday Night Seduction? The first, and to date only, all Bombshell Climax Control? Yeah I know, that was three years ago but that’s not important, what is important was that I challenged Roxi Johnson, the Bombshell Champ at the time, for the Bombshell Championship in what ended up being a lingerie match which I lost.

Yeah I know, challenging for the title in a lingerie match isn’t exactly the most dignified thing to put on a wrestler’s résumé’ but the point still stands, the fact that I was challenging the wife of one of my fellow challengers and one of my opponents on this week’s Climax Control is purely coincidental.

Speaking of the tag match between me and Sam Marlowe and Mercedes and Keira Fisher, you are probably wondering what my reaction to the match was at Climax Control, well funny you should ask that.

*flashback*

I was sitting in the same area that I was when Ms. Rocky Mountains interviewed me earlier in the night and the match between Jamie Dean and Ben Jordan and The Elders was well underway at that time, I was watching it on my laptop whilst taking a sip from my coke when I noticed a familiar face approaching me.

“Mind if I join you?” Sam Marlowe asked and I shrugged in response before she pulled up a chair at the table I was sat at and sat down. “Thanks, I’m sure you’ve noticed that Ben is busy at the moment and, well, I needed to get away from my sister for a bit.”

“I know that feeling.” I groaned as I thought back to when my sister Katie accidentally revealed my past drug addiction in my first ever SCW promo, yeah that was a great start to my career. “I’d almost ask about hanging out with Rage but after his confrontation with Steve earlier……...”

“Well I did go to his locker room but the security guards were under orders to not let anyone in or out, guess Christian didn’t want another brawl.” Sam shrugged her shoulders as she took a sip from the water bottle she had with her. “Changing the subject, so, congrats on finally getting a World Bombshell Title Match!”

“Thanks but it isn’t my first shot at that title.” I responded and Sam raised an eyebrow as she took another sip. “Back in 2013 SCW held a Bombshell Exclusive Climax Control called Sunday Night Seduction and each match had a different stipulation based in a spin of the roulette wheel, I challenged Roxi Johnson in the Main Event for the World Bombshell Championship in what ended up being a lingerie match.” I added and Sam nearly spat out her drink.

“Seriously?!” Sam asked with a laugh and I nodded. “I’m guessing Roxi retained otherwise you’d be a Grand Slam Champ by now.”

“Yeah, she did.” I responded with an annoyed sigh as I watched the match on the laptop. “I gave her a run for her money but in the end Roxi’s experience paid off, I’m hoping that the second time will be the charm.”

“And I’m hoping that the third time will be the charm for me.” Sam responded with a grin as the match drew to a close. “I guess all that’s left to say is let the best Bombshell win.”

“Oh don’t worry, I will!” I responded with a grin as I accepted her handshake and Sam returned the grin, I heard the bell ring and turned back to my laptop. “Speaking of champions, Team BJ just retained the tag titles.” I added and Sam leaned over to get a better look at the screen.

“I still can’t believe Ben went along with that name.” Sam responded before standing up. “Well, it’s been a blast but I’m off to greet Ben and congratulate him, by the way Ben’s holding a 4th July Party at his Cuba Home, are you coming?”

“Love to but me and the boys are having our own party, Shane’s manning the grill so at least they’ll be some good tasting food.” I responded with a grin and Sam nodded in understanding as a stage hand approached us and gave us the card for next week’s show, I read through it and my eyes nearly bulged out of my skull when I saw the third match on the card. “Sam……...”

“Yeah, I see it too.” Sam said as she turned around with a big grin on her face. “Us against Mercedes and Keira, that’ll be one hell of a match.”

“Definitely, we might not be the Metal and Punk Connection but I have the feeling that we’ll kick ass all the same!” I responded with a grin and Sam said nothing else before she went off to greet Ben, the Climax Control feed on my laptop had just cut off and I started packing up my laptop. “Guess I’d better go find the boys before security throws me out.” I muttered to myself as I packed up my laptop, slung my laptop bag over my shoulder and walked off.

*present day*

I read the rest of the card on the way back from the show but to be blunt the only other match that interested me was the Night Club Brawl between Amy and Veronica mostly because I knew that Veronica was going to get massacred in that match, I mean yeah I’ll watch the Internet Title match between Rage and Marcus Reaves just for Steve’s commentary which I’m sure will be hilariously unfunny.

But enough about that contradiction, it’s party time!

“So, you put out the invite on Twitter earlier, right?” Jake asked as he sorted through all the American metal albums we had in the house, it had everything from 80s Metallica to modern bands like Warbringer, Lamb of God, Havok, Revocation and Vektor and as much as Shane tried to argue in favor of including European bands in the mix he eventually agreed that we should stick to American bands since it was the 4th of July and all. “Anyone respond to it?”

“Amy and Joey are coming around but that’s it, my guess is that the rest of the SCW roster is over at Ben’s party.” I responded before turning to Shane who was checking on the ribs that he had been cooking over a fourteen-hour period in the smoker. “How’s the meats looking?”

“Steaks, chicken and pork chops are marinating by the grill and the ribs and looking really tender.” Shane responded before he started wrapping the ribs in foil for the final half hour of cook time. “For the steaks and chicken I’m using my own marinade but for the Pork Chops I’m using a marinade recipe from JR’s Cook Book, Piledriver Pork Chops.”

“Couldn’t resist using a wrestling themed recipe, huh?” I asked with a grin and Shane shrugged his shoulders. “And the sides?”

“The test run on the Bacon Onion Rings are in the fryer right now, I had my doubts when you suggested the idea to me but after I watched that BBQ Pit Boys video I had to try them.” Shane responded as he pointed to the deep fry pan. “Fries will go in next after which I’ll put the others I prepared earlier into the fryer.” Shane added as Jake started playing the Lamb of God Album Sacrament. “Walk with Me in Hell, seems kinda appropriate for today’s weather.”

“Tell me about it!” I responded with a grin before I heard the doorbell. “I’ll go get that, I think it’s Amy.”

“That or the neighbors have started their complaints early this year.” Shane responded as he rolled his eyes. “We never complain about the fireworks scaring the neighborhood pets half to death and triggering PTSD in war veterans like Jake but play some actual music out in the daylight and they come in droves to complain! I swear if this wasn’t rented accommodation we’d have been evicted two fourth of Julys ago!”

“Well, I wouldn’t exactly be the only homeless veteran in America, that’s for certain.” Jake responded as he rolled his eyes and whilst they continued chatting I went back in the house to answer the door and sure enough Amy and Joey where waiting for me on the other side.

“Hey guys! Glad you could make it!” I greeted them with a grin as I slapped hands with Amy before letting her in and did likewise with Joey. “The party’s out back, you probably heard Lamb of God being blasted out as you pulled up!”

“How’d you guess?” Amy asked with a grin before I led them to the garden where we had several benches set up, one friendly greeting from the boys later and Amy sat with me whilst Joey sat next to Jake. “Looks like you’re expecting more visitors.”

“You mean aside from the noise complaints?” I joked getting a laugh out of Amy. “Seriously though, when I suggested inviting some of my friends from SCW around Jake suggested that we get some extra benches just in case but I guess the rest of the roster is at Ben’s party.”

“That and The Angel Clan are probably back in their home countries.” Amy pointed out and I nodded in agreement. “So Shane, what have you got on the grill.”

“I’ve got two racks of ribs in the smoker, several Rib-Eye, Fillet and Sirloin Steaks on the grill alongside some chicken and some pork chops.” Shane responded as he looked up from the grill briefly. “And that reminds me, hands up who wants steak?” Shane asked and we all put our hands up. “Okay, Jake I know you like your steaks medium and Jessie I know you like your steaks medium rare, what about you Amy?”

“I’ll go with Medium Rare as well.” Amy responded and Shane nodded in response before turning to Joey.

“Medium well for me, thanks.” Joey responded and Shane nodded.

“Got it.” Shane responded as he checked on the sides. “Okay, Amy, Joey, if you guys want a drink they are kept in the fridge in the kitchen.”

“Thanks, I think I might grab myself one.” Amy thanked him before she walked off with Joey in toe, Shane checked the supply of beer that he was using for the beer batter and looked up.

“Crap, I knew I should’ve gotten some more Trooper Beer!” Shane cussed under his breath as he watched over the cooking meat. “As much as I’d love to go down the shops I’d rather not have the first steaks of the day get overcooked!”

“Super Jake to the rescue!” Jake called out once he checked his wallet. “I have enough money for at least one crate of beer and some other stuff.”

“Great, get at least six bottles of Trooper Beer and one crate for regular drinking.” Shane instructed him and Jake nodded. “And this is more of a later in the week thing but if you could get some more seasoning from the corner store that’ll be great!”

“Any specific seasoning aside from salt and pepper?” Jake asked and Shane showed him the list, Jake nodded when he understood what Shane wanted before turning to me. “Anything you want Jess?”

“I’m fine thanks, I might see if I can get Amy to add an album to the list whilst your gone.” I responded with a grin and Jake nodded before he left the house and drove off, the corner store Shane mentioned wasn’t that far away from our house but according to him they did good quality fresh food so that was always a plus. “Hey Shane, is there anything I can help with?” I asked and Shane checked his list quickly.

“Glad you asked, forgot to get the salad ready for the chicken.” Shane responded as he looked up. “I left some instructions next to the ingredients in case that came up, shouldn’t take you long.”

“Salad for a BBQ?” I asked with a bemused look on my face as Shane checked on his homemade bourbon BBQ sauce for the ribs.

“Jake’s idea to introduce some healthiness.” Shane shrugged his shoulders and I shook my head before heading into the kitchen, I overheard Amy and Joey talking to each other as they watched Shane work hard at the BBQ and after a few minutes I joined in and got Amy to pick out an album namely the new Fates Warning Album Theories of Flight but after that I got to work on the salad and Jake returned with the alcohol and some other stuff.

“So, what’s this I hear about you suggesting a salad for a BBQ?” I asked as I finished dressing the salad and plated it up, Jake looked up from the fridge and shrugged.

“What’s wrong with a little healthy eating? Besides those Bacon Onion Rings are a heart attack waiting to happen.” Jake responded as he started loading up the alcohol intentionally leaving out the Trooper Bottles so that he could take them to Shane. “Then again so are most of the BBQ Pit Boys’ recipes.”

“It’s Southern Comfort Food, what the fuck do you expect?” I teased him with a grin on my face, “And besides, no one goes to a BBQ looking to get healthy, never mind the fact that it’s on the 4th of July!”

“And Americans wonder why there’s an obesity problem.” Jake muttered under his breath before shaking his head. “Well, I guess we’d better head back out with the stuff.” Jake said as he held up the Trooper Beer Bottles.

“Say no more!” I responded before following my brother out carrying several plates worth of salad with me and putting them down where Shane pointed me too, soon afterwards the food came starting with the steaks followed by the ribs, chicken and pork and we pretty much devoured it all. “Shane’s still the undefeated master of the BBQ!” I said with a grin as I leaned back feeling stuffed from all the food I just ate.

“Well undefeated until someone challenges me to a cook off!” Shane responded as he turned off the BBQ and the Smoker. “Seriously though, it’s a shame that Veronica didn’t accept the invite because she could definitely use some meat on those bones!”

“I’ll drink to that!” Amy responded with a grin as Jake changed the CD to Vektor’s Terminal Redux album. “But I somehow doubt that Jessie’s complaining about Veronica not being here.”

“If I was you’d have free reign to search for the real me somewhere in the Nevada desert!” I responded with a grin getting a laugh out of the others, after a few minutes passed I decided to head back into the house to see if I could find any other metal CDs by American bands since we had just reached the end of the list we had put together but then again the songs on Terminal Redux where really long in general so it’s not like I didn’t have time to myself which only meant one thing, promo time!

“You know, it wasn’t until I beat Veronica two weeks ago that it hit me that it was coming up to my fourth year anniversary on the SCW roster, not only that but this year’s Summer XXXTreme will also mark the fourth year anniversary of my SCW debut and whilst I’ve long since forgotten about the women I against in my debut match there is one thing I haven’t forgotten, I have a real chance of winning the World Bombshell Championship on the fourth anniversary of my SCW debut and I’m not letting it go to waste!”

And this match will help me with that!

“But that is in a few weeks’ time, this week I’ve got a chance to gain some momentum heading into the match as I’m teaming with Sam Marlowe to take on Keira Fisher and Mercedes Vargas! Now I know that the card preview said that it’s a Lethal Lottery Tag Team Match but come on, four of the six Bombshells competing in the Six Pack Challenge Match just happen to be in a tag team match just a few weeks before that match? You don’t need to by Alex Jones to smell a conspiracy in this match!”

But that’s not important, first up is Mercedes.

“So we meet again Mercedes, remind me again, how did our last match end? That’s right, me pinning your shoulders to the matt for the three count to win the Bombshell Internet Championship for the first time in my career! Granted my reign was short and full of controversy but at least my reign survived past the first defense but your reign? I was your first defense and you blew it! Then again your used to screwing the pooch when it comes to big title defenses aren’t you?”

You know what I’m talking about.

“That’s right, your World Bombshell Title reign briefly joined the ranks of the shortest Bombshell Title reigns before my partner Sam broke the record when she lost it to Crystal, no offense Sam, granted I know a fair bit about short title reigns myself especially when it comes to the World Bombshell Tag Titles with Amy Marshall but I bounced back stronger than before, can you say the same Mercedes? Guess not if your track record is anything to go by! This week’s and the Six Pack Challenge will be a repeat of the last time we were in the same ring together with me pinning your shoulders to the matt for the three count!”

Next up is Keira!

“Now we go from someone with a terrible title track record to someone who actually has had success, namely Keira and to be honest Keira I was surprised that you were able to beat Roxi to earn your spot in the match because I had always pegged Roxi as the superior member of Team Hero, I’m not saying that you aren’t both great athletes but come on! I know for a fact that I’m not the only one who thought that heading into your latest match up with Roxi and yet, you won!”

I said before doing a mock clap.

“Like I said earlier, there’s plenty of conspiracy theories flying around about whether or not Roxi threw the match so that you’d have your shot at the World Bombshell Championship whilst Roxi could go after Kate Steele and the Roulette Title but right now they are just that, theories, but I know a little something for a fact that will prove important for this match and the Six Pack Challenge, can you handle the pressure? Don’t forget, I fought your wife for the Bombshell Championship before and whilst that was in a Lingerie Match I still gave her a run for her money, I may have lost but that was three years ago and since then I’ve proven that I can handle the pressure, can you? I didn’t think so, enjoy crashing and burning in this match and the Six Pack Challenge.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This match has dream match written all over it, two of the best high flyers on the Bombshell Roster in me and Sam Marlowe taking on two veterans in Keira Fisher and Mercedes Vargas but let’s be honest, is anyone in this match really 100% focused on this match? No, off course not, this is just a momentum builder for the winning team as we get closer to Summer XXXTreme IV and whilst I do have plenty to say about that match I’m saving that for the Supercard period, until then get used to the site of me emerging victorious! This is the Heavy Metal Angel Jessie Salco signing off, soon to be your World Bombshell Champion as I’ll soon prove in this tag match!”

I went back out to the garden as the scene fades.