Author Topic: "Two Sides To Every Story!”  (Read 969 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
"Two Sides To Every Story!”
« on: April 11, 2023, 08:34:08 PM »
Ariana and Oliver had done it! They had advanced past their first-round opponents Sam Marlowe and Teddy Warren after Ariana pinned Sam, controversy aside (as Oliver had a hand in ensuring that Sam wouldn’t pin Ariana without getting disqualified) this was a big moment for the young team, especially for Ariana who was still in the early stages of her wrestling career! However their second-round opponents would prove to be a completely different beast.

Why? Because their opponents in the second round were the All-Star team of J2H and Devona! Ariana and Devona knew each other well as they had both trained at the Go Gym and J2H was a legend in his own right going up against a relative rookie in SCW! However upsets have happened before in the Blast from the Past Tournament and this match could be no exception! Can Ariana and Oliver make it to the Semi-Finals?

Ariana’s hotel room, Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland
Tuesday the 11th of April 2023. 14:00pm

They said that we wouldn’t get this far, but last I checked? Sam and Teddy were sent packing in round one.

Look, I’m not saying I approve of Oliver’s tactics in securing our spot in the second round, I wanted to earn that spot fair and square but I’ll just point out that Oliver putting Sam’s boot on the ropes to force a rope break isn’t against the rules! Unsportsmanlike conduct? Yeah, but this isn’t the first time something like this has happened in the Blast from the Past Tournament and if the bosses truly had a problem with it, they would’ve made a rule against it years ago.

Also, here’s a hot take for you, those who are complaining about Sam getting “screwed over” are more upset that a Hall of Famer got outwrestled by a young up and comer!

However I couldn’t dwell on the tag match between me and Oliver and Sam and Teddy forever, there was plenty of other things to be worried about! Krystal’s expulsion from the Saviours may have sent her further off the deep end, Carter is still on the injured list thanks to Austin’s frequent attacks on him and oh yeah! My Blast from the Past Second Round Match is promising to be the toughest matchup of either me or Oliver’s careers.

Why? Because our Quarter Finals opponents are J2H and Devona.

Off course J2H was quick to dismiss us as any real threat, this is the same guy who treats the early years of SCW as the fed’s golden years and dismisses the hard-working wrestlers of the current generation as lazy at best even though he can only really be bothered to work a few nights a year when the regular members of the roster work their butts off for the remainder of the year! But even with that in mind? SCW’s intergender rules meant that I wouldn’t be wrestling J2H, that task would fall to Oliver leaving me with Devona.

Devona was a name I knew very well because she was another Go Gym Graduate, she was the one who ended Mikah’s legendary Bombshell Internet Title reign back in 2017 and then? She disappeared, only emerging years later to return for this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament! I remember watching her matches on Climax Control at the time thinking that she was a potential World Bombshell Champion.

Well, this tournament gives her the chance to fulfil that potential and let’s be honest, J2H and Devona are the odds-on favourites to win the whole tournament, but upsets have happened in the tournament! Former World Champions have been eliminated in the early stages, either by outside interference or their partners not holding up their end of the bargain, who knows? Maybe another Blast from the Past Miracle will happen this week?

Me and Francisco have been in Grantown-on-Spey since yesterday afternoon and to be honest? It seems like a nice enough town, locals are friendly enough and I’ve even met a couple of fans who know me just as much for the YouTube channel as they know me for, well, my wrestling career! Off course the village itself wasn’t the focus of the mystery, I guess it just happened to be the closest location to the actual mystery location.

Plus I get the sneaking suspicion that Mark put his foot down on Christian’s suggestion that they host the show atop the mountain peak!

”Okay, what kitchen hacks can I showcase in the new Recipe 4 Disaster Shorts series.” I muttered to myself as I looked over my last of kitchen hacks, basically shortcuts that could be used to get around some of the trickier/more tedious cooking methods! Nine times out of ten they didn’t work/it was just easier to use traditional cooking methods which is why I tested these methods with the food team. ”Definitely bot the one where I used a wine glass to roll out pasta, that one almost caused Carter’s nan to have a hernia!”

”To be fair? You did use an expensive wine glass for that.” Francisco pointed out as he returned from the bathroom and I glanced up at him with a grin. ”Which is also why we haven’t talked about the Ice Cream Sundae incident!”

”that was the best Ice Cream Sundae ever and you know it!” I asserted and Francisco shook his head in response. ”And I’m sure she’ll understand!”

”Babe, you used a $40 wine glass for an Ice Cream Sundae, you should count yourself lucky that she didn’t chase you down the street!” Francisco pointed out and I said nothing in response as I looked over the list. ”Are you sure there’s nothing to do in town?”

”I looked, most of the food places in the town are pubs, I’m already in talks with one pub to host my promo for the J2H/Devona match there.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded. ”Other than that? There’s a couple of gift shops, some nearby woods that are famous for red squirrels apparently, a distillery, a soccer club, a golf club or two, in short? This might be the most boring location SCW has ever booked!”

”What about the mountain? You know, the place this week’s mystery is centred around?” Francisco asked after thinking for a minute and I shook my head. ”Really? I heard Jessie ventured out there for her promo against Luna.”

”She did! And according to her, the mountain is part of a nature reserve, there’s not really much to do down that way.” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded as he got the idea. ”She ended up using a nearby mountain pass for her promo location, because she didn’t’ exactly have the equipment to make the trip up the mountain to see if this “Big Grey Man” is actually up there.” I added before thinking for a minute. ”Huh, I’m surprised that none of the local pubs have taken the name “big grey man”.”

”I’d comment on that but I’m not sure about the naming conventions for English pubs.” Francisco responded with a shrug as he sat down on the bad. ”And Scottish pubs don’t seem to be much better.”

”I guess so, you know what? Let’s go check out those woods.” I decided before I grabbed my jacket and motioned to the door. ”It’s better than being cooped up here all day at least.”

”Can’t argue with that.” Francisco nodded in agreement before we left the hotel to go explore the woods.

Anagach Woods, Grantown on Spey, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Tuesday the 11th of April 2023, 15:00pm

I’ll say this match, I know I complained about how boring Grantown on Spey is but the area surrounding the town is actually pretty nice! Even if it took me a few tries to enter the name of these woods into the rental car’s satnav.

Autocorrect, that’s all I’m saying.

But yeah, me and Francisco have been exploring the local woods for close to an hour now (can’t tell you the exact time because I forgot my charger and my iPhone is dead) and it was a good time for me to clear my head, especially heading into my second Blast from the Past Match on Sunday.

”We’re lucky that I brought my charger and spare cable.” Francisco commented after I handed over my phone to him for charging and I shook my head, I had no real excuse but the desire to head out was so sudden that I didn’t really have enough time to grab either my charger cable or my charger. ”Otherwise we’d be in trouble if we had a medical emergency.”

”Yeah I know, but I’ll make sure to bring it if we go out again before the end of the week.” I responded with a nod as I looked around the woods, there were some wildlife around but nothing that could realistically pose a threat to either me or Francisco. ”Never thought I’d miss the city life but at least there’s stuff to do in a city, especially one like Las Vegas.”

”Eh, it’s a sleepy little town in the Scottish Highlands, the locals are probably used to it by now.” Francisco responded with a shrug and I had to admit, he was probably right, the SCW crew was probably the most tourists this town had seen in, well, ever really. ”Wonder how long it took Christian to sell Mark on hosting a show here, let alone one as important as the midway point of the cycle.”

”Not just the show but the Blast from the Past Quarter Finals as well, that tournament’s been a corner stone of the early half of the New Year in SCW since it’s creation!” I pointed out and Francisco nodded in agreement, as we ventured deeper into the woods I could’ve sworn I saw a young woman looking at us from across the way out of the corner of my eye but when I turned to investigate? No one was there. ”Did you see her Franky?”

”See who?” Francisco asked as he looked up from his phone after taking a picture of the scenery and I pointed in the direction that I thought I saw the young woman in. ”I only see one woman and she’s standing right next to me Ari.” Francisco added and whilst that did confuse me, I did decide to have a little fun with it.

”Good to know that we won’t have to take you to Specsavers anytime soon.” I teased him with a playful slap on the arm and Francisco chuckled at my joke. ”But seriously, I thought I saw a woman staring at us over there but either my imagination’s playing tricks on me or my family’s history of mental health issues is creeping up on me again.”

”I don’t mean to alarm you but Jessie told me something similar happened when she checked out the mountain’s surrounding area yesterday.” Francisco responded and I gave my fiancé a curious look. ”She said that a fan who had travelled from Edinburgh for the show approached Jessie when she was hanging out at a loch but left without asking for an autograph despite clearly being a fan of hers, and that the woman left no footprints or any indication that she was there.”

”That is weird.” I responded with a thoughtful look on my face as I turned to Francisco. ”Did Jessie describe this person? I didn’t get a good look at the woman who was supposedly watching us, but maybe they are related?”

”Couldn’t hurt I guess, Jessie described her as an attractive young woman, probably not that much older than you, black hair in a ponytail, blue eyes, Scottish accent.” Francisco responded after thinking back for a bit but my glimpse of our watcher was too brief to determine if it was the same person and I shook my head. ”Maybe it’s time we headed back, you can make your final arrangements with the pub and plan out your promo at least.”

”Not arguing with that, besides I want to get my phone on charge at the hotel ASAP so let’s go.” I nodded in response before we turned around and want back the way we came to where we had parked the rental, whatever I had seen back there seemed content to leave us alone once we were out of the woods but one thing was certain, I needed to confer with Jessie about a possible ghost sighting.

And here I thought the only mysteries on this tour would be supplied by the locations SCW had chosen for the shows.

The Craig Bar, Grantown on Spey, Scotland
Tuesday the 11th of April 2023, 17:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go.

”That’s right SCW universe, I am filming my promo right here in the Craig Bar in Grantown on Spey!” I announced to the camera (controlled by Francisco) who subsequently panned the camera around to the cheering (and mostly drunk) bar patrons. ”It’s a unique setting for a promo that’s about what promises to be the toughest match of my SCW career! I knew the Quarter Finals of the Blast from the Past Tournament weren’t going to be easy, but me and Oliver against J2H and Devona? That’s on a whole different level!”

“What are you so scared about anyway?” One of the patrons asked and I turned to him as he sat at the bar closest to me. “You’ll tango with this Devona bird and your partner will take on that J2H arsehole!”

”Not the exact wording I would’ve used but you hit the nail on the head! Under SCW’s intergender rules, and yes I checked with Oliver, he knows not to push our luck in the Quarter Finals, I’ll be taking on Devona and he’ll be taking on J2H, but even without the intergender rules? I’d be in for a tough matchup!” I added before I pointed to the pictures of J2H and Devona. ”Calling J2H a little bit arrogant is like calling Krystal Wolfe’s recent actions a little bit reprehensible but he is a multiple time champion and a Hall of Famer, heck, he’s the only guy who’s held the top belt over a combined four-hundred-day period, say what you will about certain comments he’s made about the current roster or his choice of games, seriously, who still plays Angry Birds? But he can back it up in the ring.”

A good question.

”And then we have Devona, who like me, graduated from the Go Gym.” I stated before pointing to Devona’s picture. ”Devona isn’t as decorated as J2H, but she can hold her own in the ring, I have to contend with the woman who ended Mikah’s Bombshell Internet Title reign, there’s no two ways around how tough this match will be for me and Oliver.” I stated as I moved the pointer to the pictures of me and Oliver. ”I’m a former champion in my own right, both in SCU and SCW, Oliver is still new to the business but questionable tactics aside? He is a heck of a talent!”

“Aye, I saw how he handled himself against Teddy Warren in your last match.” One of the other patrons nodded as she leaned forward. “But how do you plan to win the match?”

”Same way io approach every match, go in there and give it everything I’ve got.” I responded as I moved the pointer to my own picture. ”Now, I’ll be the first to admit that that approach has had its ups and downs since I signed that SCW contract last April but when it’s worked out in my favour? It’s been nothing but a massive success for me! It’s time I addressed J2H and Devona directly guys and well, I think this match is a perfect demonstration of how there’s two sides to every story.” I added as I rested my pointer over my shoulders. ”Want me to explain why?”

The crowd cheered in response and well, I think that’s a good sign.

”I’m going to start with J2H, whilst Oliver will be the one who’ll deal with him directly, I feel it’s important to start with him.” I explained to the crowd as I pointed to J2H’s picture and they cheered in response. ”J2H, James Huntington Hawkes the II, no matter what name you used, you were definitely a memorable name on the SCW cards of yesteryear! And if you ask me J2H, you are a cautionary tale of letting success go to your head.”

Why?

”Because after you achieved everything you set out to do, you left, only showing up when you felt like it, or as you often put it, “to save SCW’s ratings” see, I don’t see it that way at all, you  gave up because you were scared of the modern SCW roster passing you by.” I added a I moved the pointer to a small selection of thee modern SCW talent. ”After all James, your last attempt at winning a title didn’t go your way didn’t it? You tried to end the Mixed Tag Title reign of Austin James Mercer and Tempest alongside Crystal Caldwell, but that didn’t work out! And now your back for the Blast from the Past Tournament, expecting to just breeze on through to the Finals because you are so great!”

Nope.

”That’s where your wrong because Oliver is very eager to cut that dream off at the Quarter Finals!” I added as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”I’m not going to dwell on this further because frankly? The only way I’m going to attack you James is if I suddenly feel like getting my team disqualified but know this James, you and Devona represent the SCW of yesteryear whilst me and Oliver represent the future, and if you ask me? The future is bright!”

And now for Devona!

”And now we’ve come to the opponent that I can legally attack, Devona!” I added as I moved the pointer to the picture of Devona. ”I’m not gonna lie! A potential match against Devona is something I’ve had in the back of my mind since I enrolled at the Go Gym in 2018, and now that I’m getting that chance in the form of this tag team match Devona? I’ll admit? I’m a bit nervus heading into it, especially after your kind words following Krystal’s betrayal! But make no mistake Devona, there’s one big dream of mine that I can only fulfil by winning this tournament and I’m not about to let a fellow Go Gym Graduate get in my way of that dream!”

Not at all.

”Don’t get me wrong Devona, I respect the hell out of you as a competitor and a person, but you should know all too well that in a tournament like this? Friendship goes out the window because we all want that prize at the end of the rainbow!” I added as I moved the pointer to the pictures of the World Bombshell and World Heavyweight Championship. ”Sure, other titles will be on the line as the tournament progresses but even Jack Washington knows that the Internet Title isn’t the end goal of the tournament! As two women competing in this thing? Our sights are set firmly on the World Bombshell Title and trust me, I’m not letting anything get in the way of my dream!” I said as I moved the pointer to myself and then to the World Bombshell Title. ”Not even you and J2H!”

Surprised.

”I’m well aware of my reputation, as the perky, happy go lucky Bombshell with a YouTube Channel dedicated to some of the worst recipes imaginable, not to mention a girl who’s way to nice for the wrestling business! But beneath all of that? I am a fierce competitor in the ring, just look at each of my Roulette Title defences, no matter what they threw at me I went the extra mile to retain! It got to the point that the bosses had to create an open invitational match just to get the gold off me! Devona. You know the Go Gym’s training regimen as well as I do, you know Gabriel wouldn’t have turned me lose on the wrestling world three years ago if he didn’t think I was ready!” I added as I folded my arms. ”And I’ve proven him right ten times over, this match won’t be any different Devona, don’t let James tell you otherwise!”

Can it be done?

”There’s no way around this, me and Oliver are the underdogs in this match, but upsets have happened in the Blast from the Past Tournament before and I don’t see why an upset couldn’t happen again!” I said as I rested the pointer over my shoulder. ”Sure, J2H is probably laughing at the idea of him not getting to the semi-finals, but how does the old saying go? Pride comes before the fall? Maybe you should teach him that one before it costs you Devona!”

It’s that simple.

”I’m not going to pretend that is won’t be the toughest match of my SCW career and the same goes for Oliver, we know what’s at stake and we know the calibre of opponents we face!” I stated as I pointed to the picture of me and Oliver and then to J2H and Devona. ”But we also know that we have what it takes to win this whole tournament, the Go/JC Connection worked before in that regard when Fenris and Courtney Pierce won the 2018 Tournament and we are out to repeat history! J2H and Devona will just prove to be two of the toughest roadblocks we’ve faced to date!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”This is what I meant by “two sides to every story”, on one side we have two returning veterans looking to add another title to their legacies, heck if you ask J2H? He had the tournament won the moment he signed up!” I said as I pointed to the match on the board. ”But on the other side you have two young, hungry competitors out to make their name at the expense of the old timers and frankly? I think it’s high time that J2H got a taste of the humble pie! Either way? They will both bask in the glow of the Greek Angel’s Light! I’ll see you guys on Sunday!”

I turned off the camera as the scene fades.