Author Topic: Teddy Bear Massacre  (Read 290 times)

Offline Matheson

• View Profile
    • Drexel Matheson
Teddy Bear Massacre
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »

\'user

Title:
Build-a-Bear Experience

St David's Dewi Sant Cardiff
15 St. Davids Way
Cardiff
CF10 2DP

Ever since the announcement of the next Climax Control show in Cardiff, Drexel Matheson had been wondering how he had been added into the Heavyweight Championship squabble between Sean Jackson and Gabriel Stevens, teaming with the multi-time World Champion to face off against the most iconic tag team in Sin City Wrestling history.
Sinful Obsession
Matheson had left Climax Control in a crimson mess, SCW medical staff and the arena doctor suggesting for him to get checked over at a local general hospital, he ignored their suggestions and fixed his own wounds with a shop bought staple gun. Upon reading that Gavin Stephens may not be returning to an SCW ring any time soon thanks to his match, then hearing that he’ll be main eventing a second show in a row in a tag team scenario, Matheson cannot get his head around how he’d been put in such a position but one he is going to thrive upon.

Gabriel Stevens went throughout 2014 undefeated and was capped off by winning the SCW Championship earlier this year. Despayre dominated the tag team division since beating Lucian Frost and Joshua Acquin early in 2014, holding the titles with his friend Big B in many classic battles to retain the titles, until being defeated the very night Gabriel rose to Heavyweight glory. Together they formed Sinful Obsession and held many championships together, from the Asylum Wrestling Alliance Tag Team titles until they got stripped to raising up to the world status with the National Wrestling Alliance when they stood tall with the World Tag Team Championships, they held the SCW Tag Team titles for a record setting time before losing the titles without being pinned. They reunite on this tour to face one of the most decorated wrestlers in the wrestler world today, Sean Jackson, and a man who hasn’t had any acclaimed status in any wrestling promotion but growing a reputation as being an extremely violent man. Drexel Matheson.

Matheson has grown a fascination on Despayre upon learning he’d be in a match with him, watching old matches in AWA, NWA and SCW to see the evolution of a mentally challenging man, seeing how he befriending unlikely people in Big B & Delia Darling to how seeked comfort in a cuddly teddy bear named Angel.
Angel
The iconic child’s soft toy in the shape of a bear, the comfort that settles the mind of Despayre, the bear that means so much to such acclaimed wrestler fascinated Matheson. Having wondered into the local shopping precinct in Cardiff, Wales to see a store named ‘Build-a-Bear Workshop’, Matheson walked past young couples and family’s to stand near the entrance of the store, glancing up at the store logo and in the actual shop itself to see hundreds of teddy’s perched on slate wall shelves and multiple costumes available for them. Matheson steps through the threshold and picks up a beloved Disney character, squeezing the soft toy in his hands as he glances around the store, dropping the toy back into the basket he’d just picked it up from. A young girl stands behind the counter and smiles towards Matheson.

“Hello” says the soft voiced women behind the counter “Welcome to Build-A-Bear Workshop” Matheson nods his head but doesn’t speak. “Do you need any help?”

“I need understanding” Drexel says as he just looks at all the teddy bears on the wall. “How such a toy has such an impact on a young mind” Drexel looks at the women, who looks slightly puzzled, he shoots her a smile “Call it research”

“It’s a security blanket, sir, be it a little blanket, a muslin cloth or a teddy bear” the women replies without hesitation “Once you’ve got that security blanket you never let go, if you mislay it or it gets lost, there is no replacement for it no matter how hard you try” She puts down her labels onto the shop counter “The most horrific trauma in life is being born and those first few years of a child’s life. You leave the surroundings of the mother’s womb, you having to adjust to the life on the outside world, bright lights and different sounds and faces, then the teeth come through and it’s horrific being a young baby” She looks serious at Matheson “Once a child can objectify that security blanket These objects have magical powers. They ease away any kind of stress. They inspire confidence and security in all situations.” her warm smile reappears “And a child never leaves the house without it because holding it, smelling it and rubbing it brings immediate comfort. These objects help a child deal with absence, fear, separation and to discover how to calm themselves.” She nods as she speaks “In other words, helping them to grow up and learn to be self-sufficient and confident. Cleaning it breaks the infant’s bond with the comforter and the young child becomes helpless, no longer able to navigate the eternal problem of separation. It’s not that a baby thinks that the teddy bear replaces Mum, but they can get almost as much satisfaction from it.”

Matheson is slightly taken back by the shop women’s words, powerful with meaning, understanding the importance of a young teddy bear is to a child. But this is Despayre. A grown man with mental disability thanks to an unfortunate accident and being essentially abandoned by his mother. The only family he knows is the ones of the Seven Deadly Sins, the manager who guided him in this profession in Synn, the brother he never had in Gabriel and external friends he’d possible consider family in Delia and Big B Jones.

“The teddy was a bridge between parents and the world. The child could hang on to it and feel  comforted.” The shop women continues “One reason for the power of the teddy is that a child chooses it for themselves so it takes on a distinct personality.” Matheson immediately thinks of how he treats Angel. “It’s not just a comforter but a little friend. Never should a child be stigmatised for their battered teddy or scrap of muslin. After all, adults leaving home for the first time or starting a new job often take their teddy with them. The challenges of separation and the consolations of a comforter aren’t confined to little ones!” She laughs

“So the comforting nature of..” Matheson walks over to the wall and pulls a teddy bear off the shelf “…this can be comforting but also taking a personality in the mind of the beholder?” Questioning what the women says.

“Exactly” she begins but Matheson interrupts.

“So if he is mentally not all there, for instance, mental and emotional well-being is challenged on a daily basis. Then the bear is it’s comfort and growing a personality keeps him in a state of tranquillity” Matheson tries to understand as he walks over to the shelf and places the bear back. “Do you reckon if a person, for example, has a teddy bear and it’s his life. Eats, sleeps and lives with this bear, that he’d have a connection to all these bears?”

Matheson walks away from the women as he picks up random teddy’s and lifting it up to his face, staring at the eyes of the bears, squeezing the bears as he places them back and stands near the entrance once again. The women watches him with eagle eyes, Matheson steps out of the store and picks up a black bag near the side of the store, stepping back in and unzipping the bag on the floor. Pulling out a chainsaw to the women’s disbelief, letting out a high pitch scream as she presses the alarm, families and children run out of the store as he pulls the cord on the chainsaw to get it started. Drexel presses the blade against the nearest teddy bear before running it along the wall, stuffing flying everywhere, the outer bear shooting off in different directions, buttons and labels flying off as he decimates the entire Teddy Bear’s that where on the wall. Matheson switches the chainsaw off and chucks it onto the bag, grabbing the cricket bat covered in barbed wire, glass shards and tacts and smiling. Grabbing teddy bears from the baskets and using them as if they were balls, picking the odd bear up and running its face against the bat as stuffing pops out of the ripped seams. Matheson sits down on the stuffing filled floor and picks up half ripped teddy bears and holding stuffing in his hand.

“I’ve struggled to understand the importance of Angel, and even thou the kind women tried to explain the comforting side of teddy bears, I don’t see how it does this to you Despayre. I’ve watched you when you’ve lost Angel and your whole world crumbles, but it’s just a teddy bear and your puppet master you consider a father, Synn, should really tell you that Angel isn’t real and the ‘beware the stare’ cannot help you when you’re going to be in the ring with someone like myself. I mean look, Despayre, just LOOK” He drops the items in hand, picking the stuffing up in both hands and throwing it up into the air, some of it landing in Matheson’s curly hair as he repeats this process a few times before picking up a couple of Teddy Bear ‘carcasses’. “Is Synn going to allow Angel to be ringside when we face each other in the main event, Despayre, will your so-called ‘father’ allow the security bear to be in arms reach of this sick, twisted bastard who will have great pleasure in making your bear BLEED like these fallen brethren! Look Despayre at this bear who has half a face, this one hasn’t got a body just a head with stuffing pulled from beneath, the brutality of this teddy bear massacre surely must make you realise that Angel isn’t safe, right?”

The security team for the shopping precinct arrive with police in close proximity, Matheson kneels down on the stuffing and places his hands behind his head, they step in as the police arrest Matheson and read him his rights. Matheson doesn’t say a word as he’s forced onto his feet and marched through the shopping center, out of the front door to the awaiting police car that’s flashing it’s blue lights, The police officer presses down on the head of Drexel as he sits in the back seat of the car before the car roars off down the road towards Cardiff Police Station.

\'user

Why is that bear better than you!

Matheson shakes his head as he paces back and forth inside of the small cell at Cardiff Police Investigation center, the voices inside of his head have the tendency to rear its ugly head at the most inappropriate of times, glancing up to see the small dome in the corner of the room that conceals a security camera. The last thing Matheson needs is for him to be shouting at himself.

<right>You murdered all of his brothers! Angel will want retribution!</right>

He doesn’t speak out but just shakes his head, perching himself on the edge of the ‘bed’, running his fingers through his curled hair before flicking his head back. Staring at the white bricks and begins to count them, trying to drown the voice as best as he can, looking determined as he counts but the voice drowns out his own thoughts.

<right>Synn will tell Despayre and he’ll out show you in the violence department! He Is like a pocket rocket!</right>

“No he won’t” Matheson says through gritted teeth “I’ll destroy Despayre and Angel”

<right>While you focus on the mentally disabled man, the magician will strike, destroying Jackson and you in the process. YOU’RE WEAK!</right>

Matheson shakes his head viciously, closing his eyes as he places his hands onto his forehead, muttering words of comfort under his breath before slamming the back of his head into the wall.

<right>You are a man of double standards! Perhaps you need an angel in your life you HYPOCRITE!</right>

Matheson gets up and presses his hands against the wall, breathing heavily as he glares at the bricks, trying not to let the voices overcome him.

<right>Sean Jackson and Drexel Matheson will not defeat the undefeated! BORN A LOSER AND DIE A LOSER!</right>

In one swoop he cracks his forehead into the brick wall, opening the cut up from the match he had with Gavin Stephens, the door lock turns as police come rushing in to contain Drexel.

M E A N W H I L E

Standing behind the police constable that is monitoring the detainees is Detective Inspector Rhys Gwynn, he watches Matheson pace around the cell before he sits down, Rhys studies him before witnessing him slamming the back of his head against the wall.

”Cachi!” Rhys Gwynn says in his native Welsh tongue. “better send some in there” Matheson gets up and places his hands against the wall “NOW CONSTABLE!” Matheson slams his forehead against the wall as blood begins to trickle from his head. Rhys cannot believe what he’s just seen. “ Ffwl”

Detective Inspector Rhys Gwynn steps out of the monitor room and heads over to the cells, seeing the police medic placing steri strips on Matheson, Gwynn walks over to the Sargent and pulls him to one side.

“Take Mister Matheson to interview room 12 once the medic has finished” Rhys Gwynn says firmly “He’s banged to rights but I want to have to do things by the books”

The Sargent nods as Rhys Gwynn heads off through the double doors, around the corner and unlocks Interview Room 12, switching the light on and pulling out a cassette tape to place in the old style tape recorder and placing a file he’d been clutching onto throughout this ordeal on the desk. Moments later a couple of constables walk Drexel into the room and handcuff him to the table, they leave leaving Matheson flicking his head back to see the Detective Inspector, Rhys presses the play and record button down to start the tape to record.

“Interview taking place on Monday the 2nd February at 20:28PM. Detective Inspector Rhys Gwynn present to questions one Drexel Matheson on case number CF28706, vandalism, destruction of property and public endangerment.” Rhys turns his head and clears his throat with a couple of light coughs “Mister Matheson, you were arrested on site for the destruction of the Build-a-Bear warehouse in St. David's Shopping Centre. We’ve got video evidence showing you took a chainsaw and a lethal weapon to teddy bears, can you please explain to me why you’d do such a thing?” Rhys opens his file up and slides stills from the in store camera footage in front of Drexel. “This is a children’s store and you destroyed it, why?”

<right>You idiot! Grab his head and slam it into the table!</right>

“Shut up” Matheson says under his breath.

“Excuse me?” the Detective Inspector questions “What was that?”

<right>SHUT UP! That’s what he said… SHUT UP! Grab his tie and choke that IDIOT OUT!</right>

“I...I…I’ve not been feeling myself recently” Matheson begins to lie. “I’m a professional wrestler and my recent match was a weapons match, of sorts, and I think I need to be medically checked over as I’ve not been myself.” Drexel touches his forehead where his head was split open. “I’m not sure how I got these wounds but the medic said I hit my head on the wall, I don’t remember that, I think I’m suffering some sort of black outs… “ Drexel looks dead into the detective’s eyes. He knew the Detective Inspector didn’t believe him as his top lip curled up in anger, Matheson smirks and leans back in his chair, Rhys slides the photos back into his file.

“Interview temporarily suspended at 20:32pm!” Rhys Gwynn gets up and heads out of the interview room, slamming the door behind him intentionally, he walks along the corridor and through the doors that leads to the reception area. “Officer Jones, can you get a hold of legal representatives at an American based wrestling promotion, Sin City Wrestling”

“You wanting tickets, DI Gwynn?” Officer Jones jokes but Rhys doesn’t look impressed.

“Can you do as I’ve asked please, I want to cover all basis with my suspect, he’s just come up with a completely fabricated story but I want to make sure it sticks. I don’t want that Twllt Din walking free through a technicality!”

C O U P L E  OF  D A Y S  L A T E R

“Cachau bant!” Detective Inspector Rhys Gwynn steps out of the courtroom and heads into the toilets, shouts that out as loud as possible, grabbing the bin and throwing it across the room in pure anger.

Drexel Matheson heads out of the same courtroom in Cardiff Crown Court, near the Motorpoint arena a free man, exploiting the mental health issues that was supported by Matheson’s refusal of medical treatment after Climax Control. Matheson was issued with a hefty fine and made to pay Build-A-Bear Workshop a large amount of money back through destruction of stock, however Matheson was spared Jail time to the annoyance of Rhys Gwynn as he heads out of the court house and steps down the old stairs to the street below.

\'user

After the conclusion of spending several days in her majesty’s police service, to be fined heavily and paying compensation to the build-a-bear franchise for a while, Matheson heads to the Sport Wales National Centre where he sees the production lorries hired by SCW during this leg of the tour. Matheson heads into the Sports Wales complete and heads around the different halls, doing some training in the studio for several hours, Matheson then makes his way into the main hall where Sin City Wrestling have hired for this Sunday night for Climax Control. Some of the couches and staff are in discussion with SCW ring technicians and officials about this coming Sunday; Matheson sits in the padded seating near courtside wearing his normal attire. Cut-off Jeans, black boots with white socks and a black ‘Sinful Obsession’ t-shirt underneath his traditional leather jacket, a local supermarkets trolley is parked next to Matheson which is filled with weapons. Matheson’s long hair draped over his face as he begins to talk.

”I’m curious as to whom I have to speak to when it comes to Despayre, do I speak to thy father or thy brother, figuratively off course as neither one of you are bounded by blood. It’s a shame off course that Despayre has suffered many years of trauma, from the accident that cost him his ‘perfect’ upbringing, destroyed in a mere second of time when he had that motor vehicle accident. A mother’s neglect, a son’s mind gone, the life and times of Joshua are now simplicity and security with the help of that poor little bear…Angel.” Matheson pulls his hair out of his face to look ahead with a sadistic look on his face. ”…I hope you show Despayre my visit to the toy shop, how I mutilated countless bears, making them bleed Despayre until they stopped talking once and for all. You wouldn’t want poor Angel to suffer the same wrath as them, do you? Synn, you may be a man of the congregation of the Seven Deadly Sins, you may have given Joshua a new life within this industry and found something he has craved for so long, a home. But he’ll be in the ring with someone who enjoys as much violence as him, who acts upon it accordingly whilst adapting to the surroundings, destroying and making people bleed as the fans question their own humanity and close their eyes through the brutal assaults that I am capable off. You’ve got to ask yourself the question of WHAT IF I get my hands on Angel?”

Matheson pulls a bit of string from around his neck, something round appears underneath his ‘Sinful Obsession t-shirt, he pulls it up until a ripped teddy bear head appears as he lets go of the string and holds onto the teddy bears head.

”I know I’m not the first to throw insults to Angel, I’m sure as hell won’t be the last, but Synn you’ve got to ask yourself ‘if I get my hands on that bear, what will Joshua be like’. You’ve managed to keep him tranquil in a surrounding that suits you best, in a scenario that suits him in his child like mind of his, take away the security blanket of Angel and you’ve got yourself a loose cannon. A child filled with fear, anguish and a feeling of loss. Something Despayre and Gabriel aren’t accustomed to, are they, loss. You’ve said it yourself that as a unit they’ve been unbeaten for many years, proving how good of a unit they actually are, but with all good things have to come to an end at some point. That old cliché of ‘Everything that goes up MUST come down’ well Sinful Obsession will feel that point of loss, will feel the cold harshness of defeat, Matheson and Jackson will be the ones to end the reign and show the entire wrestling world that Gabriel and Despayre can be beaten!” Drexel lifts the bears head up to eye level ”Especially if Synn, Gabriel or even Despayre himself doesn’t keep their eyes on Angel, beware of the stare of Drexel Matheson, one second is all it takes to grab Angels arm, three seconds is all it’ll take to behead and unstuff him. Five seconds is when you see a mentally unstable man become an emotional wreck! It’s hard to fathom what might be if that happens, isn’t it, especially for a father who wants to look out for his youngling. Papa bear will do anything to defend his cubs. Are you prepared for Climax Control, Synn? Are you prepared for the great Teddy Bear Massacre!

Drexel kisses the head of the bear and allows it to fall onto his chest, reaching over to the trolley to pull it closer to him, many items are obvious to the naked eye but other weapons are concealed within object like the metal trash can.

”The man who graced 2014 in many different scenarios last year, getting into the head of Odette Ryder before the revelations unfolded, battling Steve Ramone and Christian Underwood to name just a few that have fallen to your hands, most recently the man who’s partnering me at Climax Control and Drake Green. You are pretty much on one of the hottest streaks in this profession. You deserve to be called the Sin City Wrestling Champion, unlike others who won a tournament and win the belt in his second match like Simon Jones, having men like Kevin Carter win the chance to become champion, then swapping the title back and forth after each month. No, Gabriel, you deserve to be the champion and you could possible reign supreme for many months to follow… maybe.” Matheson pulls out a cheese grater from the trash can, slumping back into his seat, Matheson places the blades against his forehead and runs it quickly across his head to make it bleed. Matheson chucks the grater back into the trolley before grabbing the staple gun, pressing it down and shooting it onto the cut on the forehead, Drexel laughs after the final shot as he places that into the trolley. ”We’ve seen many good men capture the SCW Championship too and have lost it when they’ve been on top of their game, Nick  Jones, Spike Staggs and to a lesser extent Giani Di Luca. I know Sean Jackson wants to replicate what you have done, become a two time heavyweight champion, but you’re going to be in the ring with someone who’s thirst for blood isn’t as creepy as Sephiroth Du Lac, someone who may not be at his physical best but knows how to brutalise a man by any means necessary! Do I want to propel myself into the Heavyweight Championship scene, off course I do, but I’m enjoying making people bleed and hurt and as everyone saw last week with one of ‘the rejects’ I have placed him on the shelf for a fair while. Let’s see if Gabriel and Despayre of ready to make that same sacrifice”

Matheson pulls out the trash can and empties the contents on the floor. Road Signs, fire extinguisher, lead pipes, a bag filled with welsh coal, pieces of wood, a red kid’s pull cart, a nail gun and other bric-a-brac. Matheson takes the cricket bat out and sits back down, placing that down on his lap, he glances down at the floor and back at the trolley before staring ahead with a look of satisfaction on his face.

”If Angel is destroyed, Gabriel, will you be the typical ‘big brother’ and destroy me for what I’ve done to your simple minded ‘bro’, or will you look at the bigger picture and realise that yes Despayre is hurting but I’ve got the Heavyweight Championship to think about. Where does your priorities lie, Gabriel? Shall we see this Sunday at Climax Control. The only team to have a so-called ‘victory’ against you in SCW is Blood Omen, Kain and Frost, despite them pinning Young Lions for your SCW Tag Team Championships. You may think you’re unbeaten and do the Mercedes Vargas technicalities to proclaim yourself to be better than you actually are, you will struggle to hide that fact when I beat your team in the middle of the ring, destroying the legacy you’ve created over the four or five year period, making sure the names synonymous to the downfall of Sinful Obsession is Matheson & Jackson!“ Matheson repeats the surname of Jackson. ”A man who’s desire is for the SCW Championship, a man who wants to defeat Gabriel.. or should I say a man who NEEDS to defeat Gabriel, someone Gabriel has said he’ll get his opportunity for the championship at Blaze of Glory. I wish you well for that match, Sean, but my objective is to brutalise and win against Despayre and Gabriel! Gabriel says to not trust you as you’ll stab me in the back, which is possibly true but If you stab me in the back, you’ll damn well feel the effects of that as I ram this cricket bat down your throat! Just a fair warning just in case you thought about doing that!“

Matheson notices some of the staff pointing in his direction, looking at the weapons scattered on the floor, Drexel nods his head as he places the bat into the trolley and leans forward in the chair.

”If people didn’t believe Matheson doesn’t deserve to be in the main event for the second week running, well you better check the match out from last week and this, Matheson will be leaving in a pool of my own blood again but after I’ve made Gabriel, Despayre, Angel and Synn bleed for their troubles. I’m going to end Sinful Obsessions reign once and for all and Synn, make sure Joshua hugs Angel and gives him plenty of kisses, because after Sunday night he may only have pieces of stuffing left to hold!“

Matheson bends down and picks up some of the weapons, dumping them into the trolley as he pushes it down the aisle way, staff watch as he wheels it across the polished basketball court and through the doors into the main building. Drexel makes his way out of the centre and head off towards his hotel room, preparing himself for one of the biggest hurdles in his SCW career, defeating the reigning SCW Champion and Tag Team Division legend in Despayre.

\'user
Build-A-Bear Workshop Endorses Drexel Matheson
>