Author Topic: One more time  (Read 332 times)

Offline Gabriel

• View Profile
    • Gabriel
One more time
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »
 Oh let's be very current, shall we? What has been buzzing round the Internet wrestling community this week that's caused a bit of a stir?

Flashbacks...

Everyone and their friends have an opinion on them, but the general consensuses is they're good if they're done right, or if they have relevance to current things. But opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them and some are just shittier than others.

Why am I going on about this?

Well, there's a flashback coming.... why? Well, I'm teaming with Despayre again for the first time in a long time. There's a lot of history between me and the man I consider my little brother. There's a lot that we've done over the years that all this rush of new people don't know about.... the ones who could be bothered to stick around for more than two weeks before needing that "break" that everyone has to take eventually. The people who stuck around, they could be here for the long haul, so they'll need to know some history.

That's the reasoning covered. Now for the relevance.

I'm teaming with Despy, enough said on that.

The point of it all? To prove that we're too much for out opponents to handle, and to stick two fingers up to any of those trolls in the Internet wrestling community. No one likes a troll, but people just keep feeding them.

Anyway, this one should be informative and not full of filler like a Fallen promo, it won't have a flashback to how my last match went, just to add a minute to the time, like an Amy Marshall promo and I promise you I won't be having a discussion about shit heavy metal music like a certain Mr Ramone.

This is a flashback, done right....

London, England - April 30th 2012.

A very relevant date. One day after London Brawling, the first SCW supercard to be held in the UK, The Royal Albert Hall in London, England. One day after Sinful Obsession started their long run as SCW Tag Team champions.

Yawning loudly as I sit in a car, driven by Synn. Rage sits in the passenger seat, a face like thunder as his folds his arms over his thick chest. I sit in the back seat, looking across as Angel placed in a seatbelt in between Despayre and I. Despayre looks out of the window, watching the scenery pass us by as I turn my head down to my lap, looking down with a smile at the SCW Tag Team championship belt on my lap. I run my fingers across the shiny gold, as Synn slows for a traffic light, looking in the rear view mirror and catching a glimpse of me looking at the title belt.

"You earned that." He says, causing me to look up.

"Eh?" I reply, snapping out of my daze.

"The title belt." He starts "You earned that."

Despayre turns his head towards me, looking down at his very own title belt on his lap.

"I can see my face in it." He adds to the conversation.

"Would you three shut up!" Rage snaps, turning his head around to look at us.

My eyes move towards Rage, staring him back in the eyes.

"Just cause you never got the job done in the main event, don't take it out on us." I fire back "Do I need to start hash tagging #GetRageLaid again to try and put a smile on your face?"

Rage mumbles under his breath and turns away from me.

"Look." I start "It's not the first title belt that I've won, not the first tag belt I've had sitting on my lap, and you can argue that the Heavyweight title belt should mean more, but it doesn't."

Rage turns his head back, cranking his neck around the head rest of the car and looking towards me.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He grumbles "The heavyweight championship is why people get in to this business."

"Swear jar!" Despayre yells out.

Rage grits his teeth and reaches in to his pocket, pulling out a note and throwing it in Despayre's direction. Despayre gathers the note in his hand and places it under the seatbelt covering Angel.

"Well, I was the first to sign up for SCW." I reminisce "I was the one who was the first to step through the door and I was the first to write my name in history and win the SCW Heavyweight title, but that never felt right. Winning the SCW Tag Team Titles, in my home city, in front of my fellow Brits, with my little brother, means a shit load more to me."

Rage shakes his head as we move closer to the airport.

"You're talking shit again magic man." Rage informs me.

"Swear jar!" Despayre repeats.

"I never got any change from the note I just gave you!" Rage grumbles.

He spins around, folding his arms across his chest, staring back out of the window in front.

"I commend your words Gabriel." Synn says "It's not every day you can win a title with someone close to you for a company that is going somewhere, on their first ever tour."

Despayre turns his head to me with a wide grin on his back.

"We're tag team champions! We're tag team champions!" Despayre repeats.

Rage rolls his eyes.

"Blah, Blah, Blah!" He says with menace.

"This is gonna be a long flight." Synn adds

Despayre continues to repeat We're the tag team champions over and over as we have a flash forward.

A flash forward in a flash back? Is that even possible? Is that legal? Is that.... normal

15 hours later, yet 9 hours back... time difference and all...

The back garden of Synn and Despayre's Vegas home is seen as music blasts through the large patio area. The sun beams down on a glistening blue pool as smoke from a BBQ fills the air. Synn is seen standing behind a grill, an apron on as burgers sizzle in front of him. Fantasia and Shane Boswell are see sitting poolside on sun loungers, their feet up and bodies relax. Rage sits alone at a table, his hands wrapped around a beer bottle, his usual look of displeasure over his face.

He never did like losing to Nick Jones the night before. Having said that, he looks like that when he used to win too.

Despayre sits on a patch of grass, his SCW Tag Team title across his lap, Angel in front of him, facing him, the two seemingly discussing last night's adventures. I walk out from inside the house, my title belt over my shoulder as I walk out the door and watching it sparkle in the sun.

"A successful night." I say with an air of confidence

Rage turns his head towards me, looking at me with a scowl on his face. I bite my lower lip at look towards him.

"Sorry about that my hair challenged friend." I reply "Didn't mean..."

Believe it or not new people, and new fans, Rage used to be very, very bald. He wasn't always a peanut head...

Rage turns away as I walk towards Synn, watching him flip a burger.

"So where do we go from here?" I ask Synn.

"Well, you eat, you drink, you celebrate winning the titles." He says with a smirk.

"I meant career wise." I ask "I mean we just took down the legend that is Jordan Williams and the monster in Casey Williams. Now what? Where's the next challenge?"

Synn rolls his shoulders back.

"Why worry about it?" He asks "We have a couple weeks off now that the tour is done, so relax about it and not worry."

Synn reaches in to a cooler behind him, picking out a beer and placing it in my hands.

"Go, relax" he orders.

I shrug my shoulders looking around at where to go. To the couple that could start banging at any time? To the angry bald man who just lost a heavyweight title fight? Or two the man sitting explaining to a teddy bear how good it is to be a champion.

Where do you think I went?

I move towards Despayre, his eyes looking up as I approach. I sit down next to Angel, in between the two and look at them both in turn.

"Hey Gabriel!" He says excitedly.

"Hey buddy" I start "How ya doing?"

"I'm good, I'm better than good because we're the tag team champions!" He says with a toothy grin.

"Yeah we are." I reply "It's the best damn title I've ever won."

"Pft!" Despayre pushes the air past his lips "You've won the heavyweight title and it was bigger than this."

Despayre looks at Angel.

"Ya-ha it is!" Despayre tells Angel "There's so much more leather because it's the heavyweight title. It needs to be able to fit around big giant people like Casey Williams."

I break in to a smile as I pop the cap off the bottle and take a drink from the wet bottle.

"Ok, it's bigger in size." I agree with Despayre "But not the best I've ever won. This is the best I've ever won."

I tap the gold plate on the front of the title

"Why?" Despayre asks me as scratches his head.

"Because I got to win this with family." I reply, resting my hand on Despayre's shoulder "No matter what happens in SCW, or where we end up, this one means a lot to me. Got to win it with my brother..."

And there is the relevance to the flashback.... family, to live and die for, to fight to the death with. This flashback was brought to you to show you that we're not a fly by night, stuck together team like our opponents...

Let's go to modern day for some focus, shall we?

Ok, so that should show you regardless of how times have changed, Despayre and I was always a strong team and I expect that when we get in that ring on Sunday, things will go as smoothly as they ever did.

Relevant enough for you keyboard warriors?

Good. So let's focus on a couple of opponents who would love to piss on our return parade. Sean Jackson and Drexel Matheson.

Where to start, where to start?

I think we'll start with you Matheson, mostly because out of our two opponents that are trying to piss on our parade, you are the one who stands out to me at the moment. Not for what you've done to earn this spot against the SCW World Heavyweight champion, although someday I expect you might just do that, but because of last week.

That was fucking brutal! That was insane!

That was one of the sickest, most twisted things I have seen in SCW in a long time, and to that, if I was wearing a hat, I would take it off just for you, because you deserve all the credit in the world for that match, you deserve all the accolades that are coming to you, and you deserve all the good things that have been said about you, but I see one little flaw in putting yourself through that hell. I see the flaw that one week after that insanity, you're up against two men that have proved their worth in SCW as a legit tag team. You're teaming with a man who only does what his wife allows him to do, you've never teamed with him before and after last week, your body must be a broken down mess. You have to do everything within limitations, while trying to keep an eye on your own back to make sure that Sean Jackson doesn't plunge a knife between your shoulder blades.

Think you can do that while wincing with every movement?

I bet you saw this one and didn't know if you was loved or hated by the SCW top staff. I mean on one hand, they've given you a main event spot against the top guy in the company, a man who leads the way. That must make you feel loved, right? That must give you that warm fuzzy feeling of being loved and wanted in SCW to the point they've pushed you above all others for this prestigious spot. On the other hand though, they've taken a man who was beaten up to high hell last week, give him seven days to patch up those cuts, ice down those swellings, and thrown you to the lions for all the world to see. They've given you no major recovery time and put you in a match you simply can't win, because you're too broken to compete.

Are they trying to show you deserve this spot? Or are they trying to prove that you're not tough enough to handle this spotlight so they can drop you back in to mid card and just use you as a man to get beat on week in and week out to bleed for their pleasure?

You need to ask yourself why you're actually in this match Matheson. You need to figure out what they demand from you. Surely there was healthier options than you to be in that spot, people who have been around for a lot longer than you, people who didn't leave chunks of flesh in Belfast.

We both know that people with your style don't last long, career ending injury is always just around the corner for you, maybe that's their thinking. Get as much out of this man while we still can before he gets himself injured and out of the wrestling biz.

I respect the style, and in another life, another time, we could actually be friends Matheson, but come Sunday, I will be helping you on your way to the retirement home, I will be helping you on the way to a brand new profession. A man who had a war a week ago against the SCW World Heavyweight champion... only one way this is gonna go.

And now you Sean Jackson.

So many words have been said, so many actions have been taken against you. The missiles have fired across no man's land and they're smashing in to your bases.

I worked something out about you Sean. Hit me like a bolt out of the blue over the last week. We see you on the show every week, talking about something or other, and all credit to you when a lot of other people are too lazy to appear when they're not booked, but everything you seem to do has one running theme. Every interview is with that little stoner man in the back. Three interviewers, two with a lot more to look at than Scott Oliver will ever have and you hang with the man who's favorite colour is green.

Why?

Than it hit me, it hit me when your wife made it on to our screens. Man, it all made sense. It all made sense that Sean Jackson isn't allowed to be around any other woman, because Sean Jackson is under the thumb.

Bluntly put, Sean Jackson is a bitch.

What? Did I just say that? I can hear the oooooooooo's and aaaaaaaaahhhhh's already for that comment, but that's the truth, isn't it Sean?

You're more worried about keeping her happy, than living up to your full potential and pushing the limits further than you have. You could have but the old ball and chain won't let ya, will she? This is what will push me though this match. Just knowing the doubt in your mind about if you're gonna get slapped for doing something wrong.

This ladies and gentlemen, is a man who wants to be your world champion once more. This is the man who wants to lead Sin City Wrestling when he can't even keep his wife in check. He had the balls to take shots at my wife, while his wife was pulling his strings like a puppeteer! Letting her on the screen to show how controlled you really are, has ruined any credibility you ever claimed to have.

This is gonna be easier than I ever expected. Especially now I've laid out that challenge to you Sean. Have you ha a little think about that because I'm expecting an answer before I get in that ring with you on Sunday. I expect you to get those balls out of your wife's purse, march it down to the ring and accept my challenge. Come on Sean, be a part of the greatest story ever told...

... If Mrs J lets you of course.

You can sit there and say I never pinned you, that I stole your title and that Drake did the job for me, but on Sunday Sean, I will put that myth to rest by pinning you in the ring. I will make sure that you will never use that line again and if your old lady let's you step up to me one on one, deep in your mind, you will know that I can and will pin you at any time I want to.

Face it Sean, on Sunday, the Mental Rapist loses his ability to get inside my mind for good. After Sunday, the scores of us meeting, will be great reading...

The Mind Fuck two, the Mental Rapist nil....

That's the long and short of it Sean, I'll be in your head more than you'll ever be in mine. I'll be playing games inside your mind and not the other way around, I'll be your puppet master and you will stick to your usual role as a nearly man bitch.

Harsh?

Nope, just reality.

You two are not on the same page and I doubt you ever will be, you will never be able to match up to two men who have more than enough history together to go though you two without even breaking a sweat. Many teams tried to beat us and pretty much every team failed. Our history speak for itself and I know what a big win this would be for you two, but I'm gonna tell you straight up...

You will NOT piss on our reunion. You will not even come close to pissing on our reunion, so to save yourselves some disappointment, do not try and set your heart on winning this things cause it will not happen.

Never! No! Not a chance!

This is our night, our night to show the fans what they've been missing, our night to remind them who the greatest team to ever step in an SCW ring, is. Sinful Obsession's one night only return will not be destroyed by an injured man and a man under the thumb.

We will win.

And there's nothing that either of you two can do. We will walk out of here with heads held high and looking like this team never split. You two might as well accept that now, come out with ya hands up and admit that we are the better team, that we are the ones who will always be a cut above anyone to ever walk in the tag team division and that I am by far a much better SCW World Heavyweight champion than Sean Jackson can either dream of being.

I lead this place, I set the standards and I will not go below those standards. On Sunday, I bring everything I have, everything I could possibly bring to prove to you all that I deserve this title and I deserve to be exactly where I am. This is where I fight till I can't fight no more to show that I am no fluke, that I am the best SCW has to offer and I will do just that.

There's nothing left to say.

Sean Jackson, Drexel Matheson, don't get too excited or set your heart on a win in this one, because it's simply not gonna happen. You will not rain on our parade...

... May God have mercy on your soul...

... Cause I will not...
>

MARRIED TO ODETTE STEVENS
FIRST EVER SCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
FORMER SCW TAG TEAM CHAMPION
FORMER NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION
@SCWGabriel
#WhatsInYourHead>