Author Topic: “Second Chance!”  (Read 661 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Second Chance!”
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:05:42 AM »
Caleb lost the Internet Title to Agostino Romano at Inception IV after a competitive match, but Caleb wasted no time in issuing a challenge for a rematch to Agostino for the Internet Championship, a desire that was only strengthened when Agostino was knocked out in round one of this year’s Blast from the Past Tournament, now the challenge has been set and a rematch from Inception IV had been booked for this week’s Climax Control serving as the semi-main event, can Caleb win back his title?

Backstage at Inception IV, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 31st of January 2021, 18:00pm

Well, that was a bust.

J2H’s prediction wound up coming true, I lost the title in my first defence to Agostino Romano after a hard fought battle but now that I was back in the backstage area getting freshened up after the Internet Title Match there was one thing on my mind: a rematch.

I wasn’t going to go down the same path I did when I lost the Roulette Title back in 2018, I learned my lesson that summer, no. instead I was going to challenge him for the title at the next Climax Control, it was only a question of if the bosses would let me go ahead with it.

After I had gotten changed into my day clothes, I saw Katie waiting for me as she sat in a chair, she wasn’t the only Go Gym trainee in attendance as Caitlin, Adrienne, Josh and Kaiden had been invited to the show as well but Katie was the only one there who was familiar to SCW fans.

“I was just getting used to having a locker room to ourselves as well.” Katie sighed as she turned to me, there was still ten matches left in the card, so we weren’t going anywhere for a while yet. “So, any plans for the next Supercard cycle or are you just winging it?”

“I have plans.” I responded and Katie gave me a curious look. “I may have lost the title to Agostino tonight, but I’m not done with him or the title.”

“You’re going after a rematch?” Katie asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded in response. “Caleb, we both know that the rematch clause isn’t a thing in this company, both because of the Roulette Title saga of 2018 and the fact that you double checked your new contract with the company to be sure, how do you plan on getting it?”

“Well for starters, I’ll be using the angle that I want to earn it legitimately.” I commented as I leaned against the wall and Katie blinked a couple of times. “And I’ll be issuing a challenge for said title at the beginning of the cycle, don’t know if I’ll specifically name the next PPV or not but it’s worth a shot in my estimation.”

“You’ve actually put some thought into this.” Katie chuckled to herself before shaking her head. “Just one problem, Agostino’s in the Blast from the Past Tournament and there’s precedent for defending champions putting their titles on the line during the tournament, hell that happened twice during last year’s tournament finals included! Do you have a plan b in case Agostino loses the title during the tournament?”

“I haven’t thought that far ahead yet, besides, I’ve been in two tournaments and I know how stiff the competition can be.” I responded as I shook my head and Katie nodded as she got the idea. “They’ve never made the champions defend their titles in the first round, with any luck Agostino won’t be the first and maybe he’ll get the boot in the first round.”

“He’s teaming with Mercedes Vargas, that’s not going to be an easy team to beat.” Katie pointed out and I nodded in agreement. “Then again, I can’t really think of any easy teams to beat in this year’s tournament, guess the only thing we can do is sit and wait.” Katie added before motioning to the TV which was playing the show. “May as well take advantage of our last few hours in this locker room, right?” Katie asked with a grin and I sat down next to her.

Backstage at Climax Control 292, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 21st of February 2021, 19:00pm

I issued the challenge the week before but after getting no answer I figured that Agostino was busy focussing on the tournament, so I settled for watching his match.

Katie was right about one thing he and Mercedes were a tough team to beat but they had the bad luck of being drawn against an equally tough team in Coby Quik and Candy and it was a close match ended when Agostino was pinned by Coby, as I walked away from the monitor Katie caught up with me.

“Well, you were right about Agostino Nostradamus.” Katie joked once she caught up with me and I turned to her with a grin on my face. “Coincidentally, do you know next week’s State Lottery Numbers?”

“Let’s not go too crazy with the predictions, Coby and Candy would’ve been a tough draw for anyone else this week.” I pointed out and Katie nodded in agreement before I made my way to the cafeteria. “And that’s another week gone with him not answering my challenge, maybe he was preoccupied with the tournament?”

“Maybe but if he doesn’t make an announcement tonight then maybe you should go out and call him out next week, provided he doesn’t have a defence scheduled off course.” Katie suggested and I nodded in agreement as we made ourselves comfy. “And do you have a back-up plan in case the bosses have someone else lined up?”

“Again, I’ll see what happens.” I shrugged my shoulders in response and Katie shook her head before she went off to get some food for us.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 1st of March 2021. 18:00pm

How has it been two months since Inception IV already?! Oh, right, Inception IV was on the last day of January and February’s the shortest month of the year.

Regardless, I got my wish! Agostino finally saw my challenge for the Internet Title and readily accepted it and the bosses were all too eager to make it official for this week’s Climax Control as the Semi-Main Event, why semi? Because the bosses want the last three shows before the Supercard to be headlined by a World Title Defence.

Still, that hasn’t shifted my focus one bit, my focus is still on the Internet Title and winning it back from Agostino this Sunday but right now? I have a hungry Labrador to feed.

“Caleb, I’m home!” Katie called out after returning from her first training session of the week/month at the Go Gym and it takes a lot to divert a Labrador’s attention away from food, his mistress coming home from a long day of training being one of those things. “Hey Lemmy, you miss me?”

“Miss you enough that he’s forgotten about his food.” I joked after I poured out his food and left it in his bowl and went over to greet my wife. “How was training?”

“Training wise, it was good, atmosphere on the other hand?” Katie asked before frowning as Lemmy remembered about his food and ran off. “The session opened with Gabriel and Odette chewing out Team Go in front of everyone for their actions on the last episode of Underground, don’t think I’ve ever seen them that angry and it was on exasperated when Carter tried being sassy with Gabriel.” Katie added and I winced, I’ve only met Gabriel a few times, but I knew that sounded like a recipe for disaster and I’m not talking about Ariana’s YouTube channel. “The rest of the day proceeded as normal but Team Go were far from their usual selves.”

“Really?” I asked with a curious look as I folded my arms. “In what way?”

“Carter was just unhappy throughout the rest of the day, Ariana? She looked like someone had just repeatedly run over her puppy, shot it just as many times, molested the corpse and made her watch.” Katie responded plainly before seeing the look I was giving her. “I knew using Cannibal Corpse as my workout music was a bad idea.”

“That sounds less like Cannibal Corpse and more like a comedy grindcore band.” I deadpanned and Katie shook her head in response. “And not in the same vein as Raised by Owls.”

“I was about to say, that seems a bit too gruesome for Raised by Owls.” Katie chuckled in response before she went into the living room and I joined her on the couch. “Adrienne and Caitlin say hi, by the way.”

“Tell them I said hi back.” I requested and Katie nodded to indicate that she’d do that. “Did Team Go ever give a reason?”

“They tried but Gabriel and Odette cut them off, saying that there was no excuse for leaving their partners out to dry like that.” Katie responded as she shook her head, and I couldn’t help but agree with them to be honest. “That being said, as training was winding down for the day Team Go were called into their office, I don’t know the details, but I think they talked it out with their trainers because they left in higher spirits than they spent the entire day in.”

“That’s good to know at least, Team Go are good kids with bright futures in wrestling.” I nodded in approval before Lemmy joined us in the living room. “Speaking of futures, I have my second Internet Title reign to look forward too.”

“Assuming that you beat Agostino on Sunday off course.” Katie nodded as she stroked Lemmy before he plopped down at our feet. “And if you do beat him then you’ve got whatever the bosses had planned for the title at Blaze of Glory.”

“If I do beat him, I’ll probably have a tie breaker match against Agostino at the PPV.” I pointed out and Katie nodded as she got the idea. “After that? I don’t know, need to survive the PPV first.”

“And as you’ve always said, the first defence of a new champion is a tough hurdle to get passed.” Katie nodded before she turned on the TV.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 1st of March 2021. 21:00pm

*promo time*

Things had settled down in the household since Katie returned from her day of training but that wasn’t going to stop me from conducting my promo.

“I’ll be the first to admit that Inception IV didn’t go as planned and Agostino dethroned me as the Internet Champion, however after weeks of being told that I was a fake champion because of how I became a champion I realised that there was only one true way that I could shut up the haters and that was to win the title legitimately! Hence my challenge for a rematch against Agostino was issued at the beginning of the cycle and this week, just two weeks shy of Blaze of Glory, that title opportunity is within my grasp.”

This should be good.

“Here’s the thing Agostino, you are a great wrestler but over the past few weeks I’ve noticed a similar pattern emerging to when I held the title, you went several weeks without defending that title, now granted I had the Christmas Break to bulk up my reign’s length but you? You were more focussed on the Blast from the Past Tournament than your Internet Championship! Now I’ve been in two Blast from the Past Tournaments and I am a two time quarter finalist so I know how tough those tournaments can be but at the same time, I can’t look past the other similarity!”

Can you guess what it is?

“You and I both lost our first matches as champions! Now granted, the comparison isn’t perfect by any means because my match was a champion vs. champion match against Kris Ryans that served as the Main Event of the first Climax Control of the year and as I’ve already mentioned, you lost your first round Blast from the Past Tournament Match! Now maybe I could’ve looked past it if Mercedes had taken the pin from Candy, but I can’t, because you were the one pinned by Coby!”

And that’s not an easy thing to overlook.

Now I think there’s two factors acting against Coby getting his shot at you instead of me, the fact that he’s still one half of the Mixed Tag Champs and the fact that he’s still in the tournament but the fact that Coby could be setting his sights on your title soon will likely play heavily on your mind! That said, I think he’s going to have to wait a bit longer for one reason, the fact that I am walking out of this Sunday’s Climax Control your new SCW Internet Champion!”

After that?

“I’m not sure what will come after this Sunday’s match to be honest, if I win, will the bosses book a tie breaker match between us for Blaze of Glory? If you win, well I think they will move you onto someone else and stick me in a random match on the card but that’s not important, what is important is that I’m coming for my title and this Sunday I will be winning it back after a hard fought contest between us! And hopefully unlike last week’s Main Event, it won’t come down to the literal last second!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“This rematch is my second chance, and it is two months in the making and I’m not leaving Climax Control without the Internet Championship! Agostino you are a great wrestler don’t get me wrong but this Sunday you will lose the title to me after one hell of a match because you had better brace yourself as there is a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next SCW Internet Champion!”

I went upstairs to do some gaming as the scene fades.
user posted image