Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 444 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
Finally!
« on: July 26, 2019, 11:14:51 PM »
 To say that Climax Control episode two hundred forty two was eventful for Bobbie would be a bit of an understatement. Not only was she forced to go through therapy she claims she does not need, but following that lengthy therapy session, she had quite a breakthrough and still isn’t sure how to process it.

Following the end of the session, Hot Stuff had finally unlocked the office door, allowing both Bobbie and Despayre, a.k.a Mister Self-Help, to leave. Artie was waiting outside the door for her, sitting in a chair and looking down at his phone when she stepped out of the office, her mood completely changed. Artie jumps up from the chair and looks at, but she avoids eye-contact.

”Finally. That was a long session. How did it go?”

”Huh? Oh. Fine. It went fine.”

Bobbie’s reply is shorter and much quieter than normal, striking curiosity in Artie. He scratches his head for a second, trying to think of what to say.

”Oookay...Do you feel better at least?”

Bobbie’s head then shoots up and for the first time ever, she actually looks angry with Artie. This takes him by surprise, again.

”No I don’t feel better! They forced that crap on me and it didn’t help one bit! I didn’t need therapy before but I do now!!”

”Umm. Ok. Do you...want to talk about it? Totally not therapy like, either. Just between...best friends?”

Bobbie thinks for a moment, genuinely considering taking the opportunity to tell Artie about her revelation. In the end, she decides against it, perhaps because she doesn’t fully understand it herself yet.

”No. I’ll be fine. It’s no big deal. Can we just get out of here. I’m sure you want to get back to your girlfriend anyway.”

She almost spits venom when she puts emphasis on the words “your girlfriend” and Artie pretends not to notice.

”Oh. Ok then. By the way, they gave me the list of matches for next week. I think you’ll be excited about your match.”

Artie takes the sheet of paper out of his pocket and holds it out to her. She snatches it out of his hand and quickly scans it for her name. When she sees it, her eyes light up immediately.

”Sammie Marlowe?! For a shot at Mercedes Vargas the week after?! HOT DAMN ARTIE THIS IS FANTASTIC!”

”I thought so, too. You could actually get a title shot in a couple weeks!”

In a brief moment of over excitement, Bobbie pulls Artie in for a bear hug! She squeezes him but not too tight and jumps up and down, startling her best friend in the process. Once she puts him back down, he stands there, eyes blinking at her.

”You...hugged me. And you didn’t squeeze the air out of me.”

Bobbie thinks for a moment, not realizing that she had been a little gentler with him. When she does, she feels her cheeks start to flush and she quickly waves it off as nothing.

”Of course I didn’t squeeze the air outta ya, Artie! You’re my bestie! I’m not gonna hurt ya! I’m just so excited to finally be given an opportunity to get at the Roulette title!!!”

”I know...It was just that...Nevermind. Forget I said anything.”

Just then, Artie’s phone starts ringing in his pocket. He takes it out and the look on his face is a giveaway that Ronnie is calling him. Bobbie’s face quickly sours.

”Better answer that. Wouldn’t want to make Twinkle Tits think you’re ignoring her!”

Bobbie growls and mumbles under her breath as she walks away. Artie stands there looking confused for a moment until he answers the phone and follows in the direction Bobbie went.

The following day, Bobbie and Artie have both returned home to Illinois for a few days before the next Climax Control in Las Vegas. Bobbie and her mother are just walking through the door after going out for lunch at their favorite local diner. Bobbie’s face is glum and she’s much quieter than usual, setting off some red flags with her mother. Her mother drops her keys on the end table and quickly breaks the silence.

”Alright Roberta Jean. You tell me what’s bothering you right now. You barely spoke a word at lunch, nor did you even finish your meal. Spill it. Now.”

Bobbie refuses to turn around and face her mother, instead sauntering her way into their front living room.

”It’s nothing, Ma. Just have a bit of an upset stomach today. I’ll be fine.”

Mrs. Dahl leans against the doorway and folds her arms across her chest. She watches as Bobbie plops down on the sofa and looks for the remote.

”I don’t believe that. You can’t fool me, Bobbie. Talk to me.”

Mrs. Dahl walks over and joins Bobbie on the sofa, waiting for her to say what’s on her mind, but it doesn’t happen. And she thinks she knows why.

”Is this about Artie?”

Bobbie’s head quickly lifts.

”It is, isn’t?”

”What makes you think that?!”

Mrs. Dahl grins and chuckles.

”Because you’re my daughter and I’ve watched you spend the better part of twenty years with him. And up until he started dating Ronnie, you were in a good mood every single day.”

”She’s all wrong for him, Ma, and no one wants to believe me! How am I supposed to pretend to be happy when I know she’s no good?!”

Mrs. Dahl places a hand on Bobbie’s shoulder, trying to reassure her.

”Sometimes we have to just let them figure that out for themselves, honey. And other times you’ve gotta open your damn mouth and tell the person you love how you feel!”

She then smacks Bobbie on the back of her head, shocking Bobbie in the process! Bobbie rubs her head, staring at her mother with wide eyes.

”Ow! What the hell?! Who the hell said anything about me loving Artie?!”

”I did! I’m not stupid, Bobbie! And neither is anyone else! You might have tried passing Artie off as gay for as long as I can remember, but we both know you knew he wasn’t. You love that boy and you’re too afraid to say it.”

Bobbie shakes her head.

”Nope. I don’t love Artie. Not the way you think I do, anyway!”

”That’s a bunch of bologna and you know it. If you didn’t love him like that, why would you be doing everything in your power for him to be around you everyday? Taking him to your wrestling shows? Getting him a contract to be your valet? Come on, Bobbie. Just admit it, and do something about it already. No daughter of mine is just gonna sit back and not fight for the guy she wants to be with!”

Bobbie arches her eyebrow, but she doesn’t say a word for a few moments. Just as she is about to, however, the doorbell rings and Mrs. Dahl holds up her index finger, telling her to hold that thought. Bobbie stays where she is and listens as her mother greets the guest at the front door.

”Oh. Hello, Ronnie. What brings you here?”

Bobbie jumps up from the sofa and runs to the door. She and Ronnie quickly make eye-contact, neither pleased to see the other.

”I was hoping to speak to Bobbie alone for a few minutes.”

Mrs. Dahl turns around ready to ask Bobbie if that would be okay, but Bobbie brushes past her, and steps outside to join Ronnie. Mrs. Dahl takes that as a cue to give them a few moments to speak in private. Once the door closes and Bobbie and Ronnie step a few feet away, Ronnie gets straight to the point.

”You need to find a way to get Artie out of that valet contract. And get it done this weekend.”

”And what makes you think I would do that? Why should I take orders from you?!”

Ronnie smiles and lets out an annoyed laugh.

”Because the way you got him to sign that stupid contract was bullshit and you know it! You had someone threaten him, yet you claim to be his best friend. If you don’t get him out of that contract, trust me when I say I’ll find someone who can. I have legal connections, Bobbie.”

”Spent some time in the slammer, have ya? Let Butch Boo Boo go down on ya a few times?”

Bobbie now grins, and Ronnie glares at her with a look that could kill.

”Now isn’t the time for your stupid jokes, Bobbie. I know what this is all about. I heard about that little therapy session of yours.”

”Have you ever heard of doctor patient confidentiality?! You’re such a nosey little—“

”Oh, please! Even I know you’re not that stupid! That company you work for aired that shit for everyone to see! And that therapist hardly falls under the legal obligations to keep it all private. Especially not when it’s some random kid pretending to be a therapist.”

Bobbie is ready to explode at this point. She wants nothing more than to tackle Ronnie to the ground and choke the life out of her, but she restrains herself knowing her mother is secretly watching from the front window.

”Look, I don’t give a crap what you say or threaten to do, I’m not getting Artie out of that contract. Whether you think so or not, he enjoys being there to support me and he’s excited for me to finally be getting a push for a title. Sorry you can’t seem to understand that.”

”You really are the most selfish person I’ve ever met. All you can think about is yourself! Too bad you’ll never amount to anything as a wrestler. You might be on some winning streak, but it’s all luck honey. You’ll never get anywhere.”

Ronnie smirks, proud of herself for her harsh words towards Bobbie. Bobbie’s response comes without hesitation.

”That coming from the hillbilly bitch that works at Walmart. Care to find out just how lucky my wrestling skills are? I’ll take your ass down right here and now, honey.”

Ronnie prepares to defend herself if needed and she shakes her head.

”Girl, you really have Artie fooled. Too bad for you, that won’t last much longer.”

”We’ll see about that, won’t we? By the way, have fun without having any contact with Artie when he and I are on the cruise. I heard cell reception is a bitch so you can’t blow up his phone all day like the controlling hag you are.”

Ronnie laughs.

”We’ll see. This isn’t over, Bobbie. Not by a long shot.”

Ronnie then turns and walks back to her car without another word. She and Bobbie engage in one final staredown before she speeds off down the street and Bobbie heads back inside, satisfied.

”Wooooohooooooo! All my hard work is finally paying off! I’m on a hot streak! Can’t nobody stop me now! I’m on a roll like butter baby, and I’m only going further from here!

Poor Trinity Jones. I musta scared her something good because she didn’t say a single word against me a couple weeks ago! Not that I really expected her to anyway. She seems like one of those people that shows up when it’s convenient and just collects the paycheck to have it.

Not me!

I work my butt off! Well, not literally because I can assure you my ass is still perfectly round and robust! But I put in the effort and it’s finally getting me somewhere! Two years ago if you had asked me or anyone if they ever saw me going for any title in SCW, you probably would have been laughed in your face! Out of five matches, I only won once and that’s not exactly good stats! Just ask the resident SCW Statician, she’ll tell ya!

Now though? Now I’ve got a chance to earn a match against the roulette champ NEXT WEEK! If I want a shot at Mercedes Vargas, and getting redemption against her, too, all I gotta do is beat Samantha Marlowe! Easy enough, right?

Wrong! I can’t say this chickie will be easy to beat because she’s most certainly not! She’s the former roulette champ! Hell she’s even a former World Bombshell Champ! Beating her would be HUGE! Beating her would be AMAZING!

It will be! Because I fully intend to beat her.

Sammykins, I’ve got nothing against you sweetie. I’m not gonna sit here and try and drag you down and say you stand no chance against me, because I’m not that stupid! You’ve accomplished great things and will accomplish even more, but think of it this way...even if ya lose to me, you still get your guaranteed return shot for the Roulette Championship! Me, my shot ain’t so guaranteed!

I’m on a hot streak, Sammy. I’m not about to let my undefeated streak end, and I intend to have it lead all the way to the Roulette Championship! Then afterwards, you can cash in your rematch and face me after I beat Mercedes!

How does that sound?

I’ve got so much more to prove, Sammy! You see, people LIKE you. They respect you and they believe in you! Not that I give a rat’s behind, but people still doubt me. They always will simply because I’m overweight and I’m not your typical in shape Bombshell! Well, if there is one thing I love, it’s shutting down haters and nay-sayers and I’m gonna do that one more time against you!

I’m gonna fight like hell, Sammy. I’m gonna fight harder against you than anyone else so far, because that’s how bad I want that shot against Mercedes. I never used to care about wins or losses, or even getting a title shot but now that it’s within my reach? I WANT IT!

And I GOTTA HAVE IT! And I’ll do whatever it takes to get it!

Don’t worry though, I’m not gonna embarrass you or anything! Normally I’d get kick out of having fun at my oppomemts expense, but I won’t do that to you. At least, not on purpose! I can’t be held accountable for my actions when I get on a roll and let the energy guide my next move, and don’t think I’m gonna give up easy, either!

I’ve got everything to lose, Sammy which means to beat me...you’re gonna have to knock me the heck out! Because I’m not going to tap out! I’m not
Going to submit or accept defeat!

You’ve been around for a while, Sammy. Longer than I have and even before my first go around. But I’m not the same Bombshell I was back then. I’ve learned more. I’ve grown as a person. And I may have packed on a pound or two. Maybe. I don’t know.

I feel like I’m rambling now. I’m just SO EXCITED because I never thought I’d get this opportunity but I did! And I can’t disappoint! I WON’T disappoint.
I’m more determined now than I ever was before and you know what that means, Sammy?

It means that doesn’t bode well for you! I might have my work cut out for me, but you’ve got even more work cut out for you! Time is ticking, Sammy! Not long to go now!!

Good luck! See ya Sunday!!”

>