Author Topic: Asterisk the 36th: Is That All There Is?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 36th: Is That All There Is?
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »
  Blog: Una serie de eventos desafortunado the 31st: Causa y efecto XIII: reacción/A Series of Unfortunate Events the 31st: Cause & Effect XIII: Reaction
semana de 16 de Octobre del 23 de Octobre de 2 0 1 6

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

That's how it goes, right? Nine times out of ten, we try to change our problems when we face them, but they aren't always so cut and dry. Some might even say the problem could be you. A couple of weeks ago, I was in a rough patch and it seemed things just go worse. Losing at Blaze of Glory...Jessie Salco getting the better of me again and again...The one opportunity I had worked for finally winning the World Bombshell Championship turned out to be a complete sham. For lack of a better word, it was a downward spiral in my career. Yet a couple of weeks ago, I found that maybe the problem was me all along. One win turned into two. A title match turned into another, and even though I came up short in my last two title matches, it sure didn't put a crack in my resolve.

Violent Conduct has come and gone. The fallout show three weeks ago was light, but aside from the retirements of Casey and Roxi, I'm sorry I couldn't be there in Tucson, altough I really wanted to. Though, I don't think I needed to be there. Because when I learned that I was getting another shot at the World Bombshell Championship the next week, I needed time to focus on the holder of that title. Anyone who has followed my career knows that Crystal Millar and I have been friends, enemies and frienimies and we don't go out of our way to like each other. You could say it's SCW's version of the Lions-Packers rivalry. OK, so we haven't exactly fought for over 86 years, but it seems like we've been facing each other every year without fail.  With some 40-plus matches over eight companies, most people still find it mind-blowing that we're still going at it since 2009.

Crystal Millar, the woman who has made it her personal mission to make sure all eyes were on her no matter if she showed up – or disappeared for a few weeks. Neither of us is afraid to say what we think and we're always ready to compete. We met for the seventh time at CC 161. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be lucky or not, but I never needed luck to begin with. I fought with everything that I had in the main event, but no matter what I tried to do, Crystal had an answer and she seemed to always be one step ahead of me. One more win to hang over my head....one more reason to taunt why she “helped me”  beat Samantha to win my first World Bombshell Championship....one more reason why she continue to claim she's the best in the division.

One more reason why I can't let that match be the end of my dream of pursuing the World Bombshell Championship.

I've got plans to become World Bombshell Champion again, and if I have to get through her to do so in this non-title rematch, then I have absolutely no problem doing just that. No matter how many times we face each other, no matter the name of the promotion, I'll be ready to face Crystal. I have yet to beat her in SCW, but I have a feeling that her luck will be running out.

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad XXXV: corte de papel/Moment of Clarity XXXV: Paper cut
19 de octobre de 2 0 1 6 ♦ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

[The frustrations of losing a tough match, especially for a championship, is universal. Given that title opportunities aren't handed out to just anybody, only a talented few will ever so often find themselves in this spot. For the sixth time this year, another golden opportunity for Mercedes Vargas turned into a wasted opportunity as was the case yet again at Climax Control last Sunday in Tucson, Arizona.]

“I could sit here and give you stock answers, but that isn't going to make this loss any better. I tried my best, just wasn't good enough.”

[On a ride through rush hour traffic, Mercedes merges onto a crowded street of Los Angeles' I-405. It's a cool night as she drives her Porsche Cabriolet at a steady speed, keeping a space of several car lengths in front of her.]

“I guess I'm snakebitten when it comes to title matches this year. I can't get under, over, around or through it. Sunday was my best chance to close the deal and I couldn't do it. I had Samantha right where I wanted her for the pin and that superkick from Melody came out of nowhere. I'm a veteran, I should know better than to know what's going on around me. Stupid mistakes like that can kill you, and that's why I'm no longer undefeated at Violent Conduct or holding the Bombshell Internet Championship or why I'm not holding the World Bombshell Championship. I did everything humanly possible against Crystal, but I walked out empty-handed. Go figure.”

[That phrase aptly describes what has been a strange 2016. Sunday was the sixth title match for Mercedes this year. Along with Jessie Salco and Samantha Marlowe, she has wrestle a title match at every supercard this year. Barring injury or a non championship match at High Stakes, it would be unprecedented for a Bombshell to compete in a title match during a given year, especially for Vargas. She once wrestled in 15 consecutive supercard title matches across a two-year span from Summer XXXtreme II on August 18, 2013 though High Stakes IV on October 18, 2015. It's been five months since she last walked out with gold – the night of her tarnished World Bombshell Championship win against Samantha Marlowe on May 15. The night still haunts Mercedes until this day.]

“No, I haven't gotten over it, and I don't think I ever will, especially two weeks ago. It doesn't help that Crystal keeps bringing it up. You say the same thing over and over, eventually you're going to believe it.”

[As she nears an exit, two drivers on his left merge smoothly into the lane in front of her and exit just as soon as they arrived. Meanwhile, the car behind her is just a few feet away. Asked what it's like to have never beaten Crystal since they both came to SCW, Vargas just shook her head.]

“It's frustrating. To know that we're up to eight matches now and she's already beaten me three times in singles...It's just frustrating. I'm facing Crystal again this weekend, and I won't be surprised to hear a few grumbles and gripes my way because our match is later in the night. But I didn't ask for this match because of them, I did this because I don't think, I KNOW I can beat Crystal Millar in an SCW ring. Mikah beat her, Samantha beat her. I want to prove to the world that I can beat Crystal, regardless if it's a title match or not. Contrary to popular belief, she doesn't have my number. I mean that with so much emphasis.”

[As Mercedes approaches a left-hand exit into downtown Los Angeles, she says a little prayer. Looking back, the center lane is backed up as a few cars struggle to cross over to the exit. Sunday, Mercedes hopes to snap her own traffic jam of defeats to her Latina rival in Sacramento in what will be her second trip to California's state capital in her career and first since 2009.]

“Well, I am excited to come to Sacramento. It's one of my favorite towns and the crowd was so amazing last time, and it's been a very long time. In what has been a long rivalry between Crystal and I, this will be a short trip, and I won't be taking this five-and-half hour trip without a win.”

[Mercedes pulls up in front of Rick's Tavern, her favorite hangout. As she heads to her regular booth, she exchange pleasantries with a waiter then managed to get her usual front row table. After she orders, she begins filling in answers of a crossword from a copy of the New York Times. Vargas used to be on Twitter frequently, but has been very quiet over the last couple of months. Many wonder why she stops tweeting about wins and losses these days. She attributes her vow of silence to a sports quote: When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less. She fills in a clue in her crossword before looking up and attempts to give a more diplomatic response.]

“I used to tweet every minute of every day, but I've started to scale back on using Twitter to focus more on my matches and I think it's done wonders for me. Most of what I want to say to an opponent, I save it for promo or the ring. 140 words just aren't doing it for me. Depending on who you are, Twitter can be your best friend or your worst enemy. I haven't completely gone zero dark thirty, so to speak, I still hype the upcoming show or supercard. I'm just finding better ways to use my time.”

[Time is something she will have plenty of until Climax Control returns on October 30th. Vargas is on pins and needles waiting for the Halloween show and her match that night.]

“The suspense is killing me. You have no idea. I don't even care if I'm in a dark match or the opening match, I just want to get a back a win and build momentum for High Stakes. If I had to wait another week to get on the card, well, that's okay too. I just really want to wrestle.”

[Her tone shifts from friendly and chatty to slightly more serious. She stops nodding and smiling.]

“2016 has not been a great year for me, but I'm going to make the best of these last few months and end the year on a positive note.”

~ ~ ~

Blog: Una serie de eventos desafortunado the 32nd: Causa y efecto VII: oportunidad llama/A Series of Unfortunate Events the 32nd: Cause & Effect VII: Opportunity Knocks
semana del 23 al 29 de octobre de 2 0 1 6

Opportunity knocks but once, and always at the least opportune moment.

Funny that, because I've had nothing but opportunities come my way in 2016, and I've lost most of them in SCW. In some strange version of Groundhog Day, I wake up to find my name on a card vying for a championship match that even I find myself asking if I'm deserving. Not long after, the answer comes with me staring up at the arena lights or tapping out. Not exactly the way I pictured it. And if a picture is worth a thousand words, it's difficult to drown out the noise from people who heckle me after every loss.

So here I am. I've lost my opportunity to once again hold title gold on two occasions. I was choosen to headline Climax Control, a position where I've been more than any Bombshell in history and where I've had much success. My chance to regain the World Bombshell Championship ended up the same way it did when I lost it – empty-handed. And now, after Climax Control 162, after another title loss, after my first main event loss on Climax Control in more than two years, I'm not sure quite where I'm headed. I've been known by a lot of names. World Bombshell Champion. Grand Slam Champion. Future Hall of Famer. But on Sunday, I've been tagged with a new name: choke artist.

Am I going to stand here saying I deserve another title shot? No. Do I think SCW should choose me to face Crystal Milllar again? No. But if another opportunity comes my way, am I going to accept it? You're damn right I am.

When I first came to Sin City Wrestling, I already had an impressive resume behind me, but never did I think that I was too good for the roster. I was told that I wasn't going to amount to much and I was past my prime. When I look back at my career and everything I've accomplished in my three years, it really makes me think. I'm the only eight-time champion in SCW history. The funny think about that is, I won every one of my titles after the age of 30. Isn't that crazy?

If age is nothing but a number, than I'm living proof that I can beat the odds. And believe me, I've had to overcome some tough odds to get to where I am today. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Sunday, I have a match that I personally asked for with Crystal Millar. There's no love lost between us and we always seem to take our rivalry to new heights, as was the case two weeks ago in the main event. This weekend just may top that because I'm willing to do anything and everything to earn my first win over Crystal in SCW.    I'm in a slump, there's no hiding that, and my statline has gone  STAT – critical – 0-for-7- and it doesn't help that she's beaten me in every one-on-one match we've had. Can I catch a break?

Right, so asking Christian for this match probably won't make me popular with any of the Bombshells this weekend, though Crystal sure didn't seem to mind – as long as she didn't have to defend her title again. Fine with me, because that just motivates me even more to beat her and challenge her for the title again.

I've been told I'm too stubborn for my own good. I think that's a good trait to have and its never lead me wrong before, why stop now? I'm done caring what people think or say. I'm taking this opportunity for what it's worth: beating Crystal is only the first step to becoming World Bombshell Champion again.

After all opportunity knocks, but it doesn't beg.

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad XXVII: ¿Eso es lo único que hay?/Moment of Clarity XXVI: Is That All There Is?
24 de octobre de 2016 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[Mercedes has failed. Again.

This made her miserable beyond belief. It has been more than two years since she lasted suffered a main event loss on Climax Control. Not since she lost to Necra Octavian Kane had she come on the losing end. The difference is, she lost to Kane in a ladder match and the Bombshell Roulette Championship; Crystal Millar beat her decisively to retain the World Bombshell Championship.

It's been a little more than a week since the heartbreaking setback, but this wound wouldn't heal as quickly. Not to her fiercest rival for the most prestigious and coveted prize in the Bombshells Division. It's been hinted at that Jessie Salco may be next in line for a title shot, though while the Metal and Punk Connection member has also had Mercedes' number lately, Mercedes could very well get in front of the line if she could beat Crystal. And that was a big IF, if past results were anything to count for.

The scene opens as Mercedes is sat in the middle of her living room apartment with a calm, peaceful expression on her face while meditation music plays in the background. The camera pulls back to show her in a yoga pose with her eyes closed. Her cousin, Carmen, sits next to her in the same position.
]

[[Climax Control was only days away and even though there were no stakes involved, that was never the case when it came to me and Crystal. I needed time to clear my head after my recent match. I've found that yoga helped with that, and Carmen decided to join me.]]

Carmen: Can I ask you a question?

Mercedes: Depends.

Carmen: Have you ever thought of what you were going to do after wrestling?

Mercedes: I plead The Fifth.

Carmen: Merce, come on. Most people your age are thinking about or already married.

Mercedes: I don't know. I value my freedom and peace of mind. saves on the psychiatry bills. Is that so wrong?

[[I open my eyes and look back at Carmen waiting for a challenge. She doesn't break her concentration..]]

Mercedes: Are you married?

Carmen: No, but we're not talking about me.

[[I look down to see Carmen's hand, an engagement ring is on her finger.]]

Mercedes: No, I think we should. You, my only cousin, is about to be married, and it surprised me to hear the news. When were you going to tell me?

Carmen: You're too busy being a world traveling wrestler, remember? The news would go out of one ear and out the other.

Mercedes: I resent that! I'm an active listener.

Carmen: Selective listener would be more like it, but who's paying attention?

[[I roll my eyes and settle into another pose.]]

Carmen: Come on, Merce. When's the last time you've been on a blind date?

Mercedes: Blind dates are like the lottery. The odds are so stacked against you. Your lucky if you ever hit the jackpot.

Carmen: It's not luck, you're just selling yourself short again. What happened to Ethan? Weren't you two an item a few months ago?

Mercedes: He work days when I work nights. It was was like walking a tightrope keeping it going. The whole East Coast/West Coast thing just wasn't working out, so we agreed to end it. We're old friends. We can spend an afternooon – me at my crossword, he at his insurance job – and still be happy.

Carmen: Well, at least you're still on the market, right?

Mercedes: I refuse to be compared like a piece of meat, thank you. I read somewhere that being in relationships for the sake of having a relationship is linked to insomnia, depression and low self worth. I think I have high standards. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.  

Carmen: No such thing as making the same mistake twice. The second time, it's not a mistake, it's a choice.

[[Carmen opens her eyes for the first time, and turns to me.]]

Carmen: Back to the original question, though. I asked have you really thought about what you're going to do after your career is over? And no sarcasm this time. Just answer.

[[I straighten my legs out in front of me, then slightly bend my knees, resting my elbow on my knee and her chin on my hands.]]

Mercedes: Aw, well...

[[I never really gave much thought to what I would do after my wrestling career, but Carmen sure didn't make the decision any easier. I thought about doing standup.]]

[Cut to Mercedes standing in front of a room in a nightclub as she's into her act giving her next setup into a microphone.Mercedes looks out towards the audience. It's Open Mic night at the Improv.]

Mercedes: We Latinos have a special word. We like using the word, “stupid.” A lot. I mean, it can be used as a noun. 'You are stupid.' Or an adjective. 'Why are you being so stupid?' Preferably, I like using it as an verb. 'Stupid is as stupid does....stupid.

[She laughs vigorously, but one else joins in. The mic feeds back..]

Mercedes: Tough crowd.

[Mercedes walks towards the orphaned black bar stool, takes up the water bottle and takes a small sip of water before being booed off the stage. She protests as she is pulled off the stage.

[[I thought about doing late night.]]

[Cut to a talk show set. Mercedes sat behind a desk as a backdrop of the New York City skyline at night can be seen. She points to the crowd, smiling as she nods her head. The house band fades to a wild round of applause.]

Mercedes: Didn’t we have a wonderful show tonight, ladies and gentlemen?

[Cheers and applause.]

Mercedes: Before the break, we had my brother on and he told me about what happened to his camera in Manhattan hours before she got here from Los Angeles. Apparently, I forgot to mention to him that when you come to New York, there are a lot of things that you’ll never see again. Like your camera.

[Collective groan from the audience.]

[She picks up a set of index card and begins shuffling them.]

Mercedes:All right. It’s time for everyone’s favourite segment...

[Title card flash across the screen.]

Audience: STUPID PET TRICKS!

[[I even thought about being a rapper.]]

[We see Mercedes in a music video styled in Mean Girls gear as she starts rapping while walking down the streets of New York City.

Mercedes:
When people see us coming, they dodge for cover.
One dirty look in our direction and they're asking for trouble.
SCDub may book the matches but we run the show.
I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

Misty gave her manifesto and said it herself.
Her CAREER...IS...DONE! Might as well have been placed on the shelf.
If you're thinking that the same fate isn't waiting for you,
I have no problems making room there for you too.

You don't have to be a scientist or a professor
It was easy getting rid of Liz, Holly, and Tessa.
One's a traitor, one's a softie, one couldn't deal with the pressure.
Weather forecast predictions, we don't like the fair weather.[/color]

[[They all looked like good options right now. I shake my head solemnly.]]

Mercedes: I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Carmen:  OK, but you should know that bridges don't last forever.

[Fade.]

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad XXVIII: ¿Eso es lo único que hay? The Second/Moment of Clarity XXVII: Is That All There Is? The Second
24 de octobre de 2016 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[Scene opens in a dark and smoky bar with various memorabilia on every wall, and the jukebox playing.]

Janet the Makeup Lady: Hey, I got your IM. Everything OK?

[Mercedes sighs, burying her face in her hands.]

Mercedes: Just peachy.

Janet the Makeup Lady: What's wrong?

Mercedes: I had a very interesting conversation with my cousin today.

Janet the Makeup Lady: Really now?

Mercedes: We were talking about our lives and well she thinks I shouldn't be wrestling forever.

Janet the Makeup Lady: So, then you asked yourselves, "Isn't there something more to life?"

Mercedes: Everybody I know is getting married or having kids or both. Here I am just trying to get another championship.

Janet the Makeup Lady: Some people enjoy living single. There's nothing wrong with it.

[Mercedes looks glum, barely looking up. Peggy Lee is playing on the jukebox. Mercedes listens intently.]

Mercedes: What song is this?

Janet the Makeup Lady: “Is That All There Is?” by Peggy Lee. It's about unfulfilled dreams and being unsatisfied in life.

[Mercedes nods and smiles. Janet is given another drink by the bartender.]

Janet the Makeup Lady: You're lucky. Peggy lived a troubled life.

Mercedes: I've had all these successes in my career and I'm always looking forward to the next one. No matter what I do, I guess I can never be satisfied with being content.

Janet the Makeup Lady: Hmm.

Mercedes: I'm going to win another title, that's great. But is that all there is?

[Fade.]

~ ~ ~

Momento de claridad XXVIII: no puedo parar, no paro/Moment of Clarity XXVIII: Can't Stop, Won't Stop
28 de octobre de 2016 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC]

[We open to footage of busy streets and sidewalks in LA. Above midday traffic, we find Mercedes amongst the commute of people with a microphone in hand, standing next to a diehard LA Kings fan.]n

Mercedes: I’m on the streets of LA right and I’m going to be asking real people what they think about my match this Sunday night on Climax Control against the one and only Crystal Millar. Are you ready, Scott?

[She moves the microphone away from her lips and hovered over his.]

Random Stranger # 1: I'm ready, Merce.

[A random stranger, who the camera zooms in on, suddenly walks up to them and speaks into the microphone.]

Random Stranger # 2: KICK CRYSTAL’S ASS ON SUNDAY, MERCEDES! YEAH!

[No sooner had he gone, Mercedes and Scott have bemused looks on their faces.]

Mercedes: Here we go.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...

[Near people crowded around a hot dog stand, Mercedes searches for her next interview. She runs up to a thirty-something jogger walking her dog.]

Mercedes: Excuse me, ma'am? Ma'am!

Random Stranger # 3:: Hey, I know you!

Mercedes: You do?

Random Stranger # 3: Yeah, you’re Mercedes Vargas, from Sin City Wrestling.

Mercedes: Thaaat's me! (points to herself) If a jogger runs at the speed of sound, can he still hear his iPod?  

Random Stranger # 3: That's a good question. Have it ever been done before?

Mercedes: If so, I don't think we'd be talking about it. So, you do know about the match this Sunday, right?

Random Stranger # 3: Oh, yeah. You and, uh, the movie star.

Mercedes: Crystal Millar?

Random Stranger # 3: That’s the one. 

Mercedes: Did you know she owns her own movie studio?

Random Stranger # 3: Umm…

Mercedes: Have you seen any of her movies?

Random Stranger # 3: If I did, I probably forgot what tthey were called.

Mercedes: That's okay, they're usually not in theaters long enough anyway, but what do I know? I’m just an illegal immigrant.

Random Stranger # 3: Really now?

Mercedes: And we’re off.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

[The camera cuts to subway entrance near the Financial District . Onlookers helplessly stare as Mercedes walks up to people.]

Mercedes: Do you think global warming is a hoax from the Chinese?

Random Stranger # 4: I don’t believe that for a second.

Mercedes: Thank you. (To a passenger just getting off a train)So, Crystal Millar or Mercedes Vargas Sunday night on Climax Control?

Random Stranger # 5: Wait, what? 

Mercedes: The weekly episodic show for Sin City Wrestling?

Random Stranger # 5: Oh, you talking about that wrestling match? I don't watch that fake stuff.

[Random stranger # 5 walks off as Mercedes reacts in disbelief and surprise.]

Mercedes: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMN IT!

A FEW HOURS LATER...

Mercedes: That went well.

[We return back to where we find Mercedes walking along Venice Beach. Cloudy and blustery, the weather was perfect for wearing jeans and her Mercedes SCW t-shirt, available now at the SCW Shop.]

Mercedes: Summer is over and we're four weeks into Fall. For one, we all know summers in LA can be hot, hot, hot, especially with temperatures in the triple digits in some areas. Once we hit late September, the weather here is perfect. For me, it was time to turn the page after Violent Conduct and I thought I was ready to bounce back from my loss two weeks ago  Funny thing is, my first match of the month was another title match. I'm not sure how I got another title match just after losing at the last supercard, but, hey, I'm not complaining. You might say I've been waiting for that match for a long time. And, yeah, Crystal beat me. I'll give her that one. She did it, she beat me, you she. But can she do it again?

[Everyone loves a good rivalry, and this rivalry has lasted longer than SCW has been as a company. A small smile crosses her face as Mercedes rubs her hands expectantly.]

Mercedes: For the most part, Crystal and I go way back. When we were babies in the nursery, Crystal wet her diaper and Baby Mercedes called out Baby Crystal on it, which led to a rattle face-off, which I won. When I was a little Argentine Assassin and she was a little Silver Screen Queen, we read the same books. Only, my mom read me the words; Crystal just looked at the little pictures. We really go back for a long time. And nowe we meet again.

[Mercedes smirks.]

Mercedes: The night before Halloween seems like a fitting night for another match, wouldn't you say, Chrissie? Call it an October surprise, sweetheart, because this weekend your name is next to mine on the card. That we were in the main event? That was great. That we're facing each other again. Oh, you KNOW I'm looking forward to the weekend. And I hope you are too.  Though I could be wrong. I heard you blew up when you found out you had to defend your championship. You're too good to defend your title on Climax Control and I bet you thought you were going to get another six-week vacation as the days of your reign continued. Boy, were you wrong on that one, huh?

You know what else you're wrong about? Thinking that you weren't going to get what was coming to you. Remember when I said good things come to those who wait? Well, the waiting is over. What goes around, comes around. Karma comes when you least expect it, but you won't need to look over your shoulder because karma will be staring you right in the face. Karma is coming to get you. Karma is me. And Sunday was a bad time for you to have the World Bombshell Championship on the line.

[Pauses.]

Mercedes: I happened to watch the fallout show and for someone who claims to be the life of the party, I would have expected more people showing up to your championship celebration - you know, A-list celebrities, movie stars, the President, your husband, or even your daughter - than just Despayre and a teddy bear. After Violent Conduct, I was watching and waiting and wondering if you were going to defend that title at all before High Stakes. Oh, and that doctor's note? When was the last time you seen a  doctor's note for indigestion? Might I suggest this?

[Holds up a bottle of Pepto-Bismol.]

Mercedes: I know you don't like this match because we both know that you can't beat me, and you're not even going to try. You're going to take the easy way out. The bad news is, there is no easy way out of this one, Crystal. I'm sure SCW officials are going try everything in their power to make sure what happened in our first two singles matches won't happen again. Yeah, I lost at the supercard and I lost two weeks ago, but don't think for a second mistake that my passion is gone. My passion has been replaced by anger, vengeance and redemption. You look at me and maybe you see another easy win. I want you to keep thinking that, Crystal. Deep down you know, you KNOW, that you  always needed extra people involved in the match because you can't win against me one on one. Yeah, I know your husband was there, but it must be tough trying to focus on the match and him trying to keep his hands to himself.

]Mr. Millar, for his sake, did everything possible not to get involved in the match. When it comes to facing Crystal Millar these days, it's good to have an extra pair of eyes and ears. Sunday, it was Drew Patton who kept tabs on Crystal's husband."]

Mercedes: It's true that we both had to start at the bottom to get to where we are today in SCW, but you wouldn't know what passion and pain and sacrifice means. The one moment in my career where I could finally say I earned my way to become world champion was a hollow victory. Losing at Into the Void just made it worse. Crystal, think for one second anything and everything I did just to keep that title. Now imagine what I'll do to get it back. It sure didn't end at CC 161. Because as long as you hold that title, this thing between us is never over. As long as there is breath in my body, this will never be over. So you can forget about Melody Grace and Mikah and Evie Baang. I'm not done with you, Crystal, and neither are the fans.

[She stops, chews her lower lip.]

Mercedes: The fans who witnessed history when we put on a five-star match unlike any other. But this isn't about how we tore down the house in Prescott Valley, Arizona, this isn't about representing our home countries, this isn't about you winning your fourth main event ever since you got here, it's not even so much about me getting that title opportunity, though, like my first opportunity, I wasn't meant to. This is personal, Crystal, because that's what you've made it.

[Mercedes narrows her eyebrows, looking back into the camera, her voice showing a large amount of anger.]

Mercedes: You bring out the worst in people, whether you're running your mouth in the ring or trying to bait someone on Twitter. Some can't handle it, others can. Like Christian Underwood. Sunday, Crystal, you know you'll bring out my best, but you'll also bring out the worst. The last person who got on my bad side never recovered after I beat her at My Bloody Valentine. You might know her as Alexis Edwards. In the months since then Lex changed her ways. You, though?

[She shakes her head firmly.]

Mercedes: Not so much. This whole nice act, like you, is fake. It's an act, just like you. I mean, you would know something about that, right? Acting? It's what you do. No one can name a single blockbuster movie you've ever starred in or a time you've ever won  an Oscar, but you've made a living off of it. It doesn't matter if you hide behind a luchadore mask, what your married name is, how many times you change your hair color or your entrance music, you'll always be the same Crystal I've known for seven years. The woman who will befriend anyone and step on toes to get things done. The woman who is nothing more but a bitch in sheep's clothing. I know this because I've seen it and I've had to put up with it.  Without sugar, you don't have a cake. Without me, there wouldn't be “spice” in Ebony & Spice 2.0. If it wasn't for me, you never would have won that tournament and become tag team champion in another company. I did all the work while you got all the glory. When Delia and I left the Mean Girls, you didn't befriend us just because you felt sorry for us, you did it to leech off our popularity. When Celeste and Natalie started a revolt in SCW, you road their coattails just to get the spotlight.

[A pause is met as Mercedes shakes her head and breathes a small sigh before looking back at the camera.]

Mercedes: For months you've tried to tell anyone who would listen why they shouldn't be champion. You'll probably tell me why I don't deserve this return match just like our title match. Something you should know, though. When people tell me I can't have something, it makes me want it even more. I was in the main event not because of you, but in spite of you. I live for moments like these. The pressure is on and I've never been more ready to meet it head on. It won't be long now before I make my mark and take my place in history.  When people say I'm a threat to any title the world over, it's not just heresay. So you can sit in your ivory tower and belittle my losses, mock my record and spit on my title reign and accomplishments, but you can never question my place as one of the top stars in this company!

You had to scratch and claw and cheat, take opportunities and had to do what needed to be done to get to the top, but you're still not there. You're the World Bombshell Champion, it means you're at the top right now and I'm way below you, I'm not blind to that, but you've got a long way to go if you want to leave a legacy.

[Mercedes turns away from the camera for a moment, pausing to compose herself. She runs her fingers through her hair, then looks back into the lense.]

Mercedes: What drives you to success isn't the fans, or even your own fans, because you couldn't care less about them. What scares you and keep you up at night is a fear of fading away. Being irrelevant. Forgotten. Un don nadie. Before the lights came on, before the cameras were rolling, before the closeups were taken, before the championships, records, and accomplishments were won, there was a girl, a Boniqua, who didn't even know her own father, never graduated from high school and had to settle for a GED. Bottom line, you forgot where you came from, Crystal, and you give Latinas everywhere a bad name.

[She opens her arms wide in defiance.]

Mercedes: So come on, Crystal. Tell your adoring public what you're going to do to beat me, tell them, and then tell them what you told them. And if you do, and if they take your words as gospel, come look for me. I'll be waiting for you in the ring, waiting for you to come on down. You bring your belt...bring Jonathan....bring everything...that...you...have. I don't care how many times you've knocked me down, I get back up and I always get back up. Just because this is a non-title, don't think I'll be holding anything back. I'm leaving Climax Control with my hand raised in victory and be one step closer to righting the wrongs you made five months ago. The moment Christian booked this match should have told you that your days are numbered, the writing is on the wall and your time is up. Set your clocks back one hour, because Millar Time is over. Great taste, less filling? I'll let you be the judge.  

[She makes a running motion.]

Mercedes: I've had to wait nine months to get another one-on-one match with you two weeks ago. I get my hands on you again. And when I do – and I will – I'm going to kick your ass and finish the job. So, I hope your husband brings his camera phone and takes a good picture. It will last longer. What I do to you will last longer too because you won't be leaving with just a broken fingernail. Don't take it as a threat, don't take it as a warning, take it as your immediate future. After Sunday, you're going to have a need for a real doctor's note because unlike your unfortunate stomach discomfort from Tex-Mex, this loss isn't going to go down easy.

[She makes a running motion.]

Mercedes: Crystal, you may be good, you may even be great, but you're not  the only eight-time overall champion in SCW history. There will be a ninth championship added to my collection, and it will be coming at your expense. You thought you were going to get another six-week vacation, didn't you?

[She shakes her head in disappointment.]

Mercedes: Just goes to show, you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'll see you at Climax Control.

[Fade]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:41:33 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)