Author Topic: Fight 'Em Til You Can't  (Read 133 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Fight 'Em Til You Can't
« on: March 08, 2024, 11:39:08 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, March 8, 2024
Living Room
Hilton/Zdunich/Caldwell Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
8:17 AM  PST

Thirteen-year-old Aurora Zdunich was confused. The young girl tended to ask questions quite often and now she had more to ask. On this occasion, as in many times previous, she walks into the living room to find her mother, Seleana Zdunich as the adult woman sits on the couch checking things on her phone.

Aurora Zdunich: Mommy?

Looking up from her phone as she sits on the couch, Seleana nods to her daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?

Aurora sits down next to her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: Why don’t you work in the same places as Mommy Christina and Mommy Alex?

Seleana shrugs as if it’s nothing serious.

Seleana Zdunich: I have before.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: But… you don’t now?

Seleana shrugs sight;y.

Seleana Zdunich: I do, but we cannot be a team in SCW currently.

Aurora frowns confusion.

Aurora Zdunich: Why not?

Seleana sighs slightly, the sadness evident in her eyes even as she tries to hide it.

Z: Because SCW does not utilize tag teams of the same gender on a regular basis and do not allow them to challenge for championships at all anymore.

Again, Aurora frowns in confusion.

Aurora Zdunich: Why?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. The company was structured that way when I was brought in and I did not ask because it was not my business to question their practices. Christina wanted me there so I was brought in and allowed employment following the closure of Ladies All-Star Wrestling. Christina seemed pleased enough with that at the time that the Hollywood Angels were not spoken of again for several years.

Nodding, Aurora cocks her head interrogatively.

Aurora Zdunich: What about the other ones?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: One of them, they do not work there, the other I am just a manager for Christina.

Aurora just stares at her.

Aurora Zdunich: Why not both?

Seleana Zdunich: Alexandra usually has somebody else managing and we have never discussed me taking their position.

Aurora frowns yet again.

Aurora Zdunich: Do you want to?

Seleana sits back on the couch, seemingly taken aback by the question.

Seleana Zdunich: Manage Alexandra?

Aurora nods and Seleana shrugs. 

Seleana Zdunich: I do not think about such things. I never wanted to manage but then Christina asked me to so I did. We have discussed being a team called the Hollywood Angels many times. She even promised me we would be years ago but we have not yet. The opportunity has not arisen since L.A.W. ceased operations.

She sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: I would love to team with either of them but I do not think either of them wants to. They do not like tag teams as much as they like standing on their own two feet. Alexandra is reestablishing herself again and Christina has never needed my help to do so.

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: You’re all badasses, Mommy!

Seleana can’t help but smile at her daughter’s enthusiasm.

Seleana Zdunich: You like watching us, ja?

She nods.

Aurora Zdunich: I can’t wait to see you all in your next matches!

She pauses.

Aurora Zdunich: But I ave one more question.

Selena nods to her encouragingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?  What is it?

Aurora looks her mother dead in the eyes.

Aurora Zdunich: Why do you say “Välkommen till djungeln” when you talk to the camera?

Seleana smiles slightly, shrugging her shoulders as if the answer is simple and obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: Because I am called the cat and I play with a lioness for fun.

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: That phrase is Swedish, right?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Aurora continues to focus on her mother, hanging on every word.

Aurora Zdunich: What does it mean?

Seleana smiles at her daughter’s curiosity.

Seleana Zdunich: Welcome to the jungle. It works with me playing with Sarabi, ja?

Aurora smiles, nodding her agreement.

Aurora Zdunich: Sarabi is pretty.

Seleana smiles back at her daughter, nodding her agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: She is, ja.

Aurora embraces her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: So are you, Mommy!

Seleana hugs her back tightly.

Seleana Zdunich: You are beautiful as well, Little One.

Aurora smiles as she clings to her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: I love you, Mommy.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig också!

On-Camera

Friday, March 8, 2024
Driveway
Hilton/Zdunich/Caldwell Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
10:01 AM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the driveway as she waits to get into her car and head off to the airport for her weekend bookings.

Seleana Zdunich: Here we come, main event, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: The SCW Internet Championship against Tempest and Mercedes Vargas and I know some will say we do not deserve this because there was no match to declare anyone a contender but it was publicly voted on. Mercedes and I split the vote so we were both given the opportunity.

Looking down at her feet, she nods to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: I have battle both of them before.

A small smile crosses her face though no actual joy seems to really be behind it.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes is a woman that some call hasbeen. They think she is no longer capable of the accolades she has already accumulated.

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Those people are either lying to themselves or are simply too stupid to recognize that Mercedes has lost none of her potency. Now she simply has experience to add to her talent and abilities. Her skills are as they were despite what Juliana DiMaria likes to say of people like Mercedes.

Again, Seleana shakes her head in disgust.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes now has a target on her that people like Julianna simply cannot understand, ja?

She nods, a look of anger bordering on obsessive hatred crossing over her entire being.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes has been so good for so long that every opponent takes facing her an opportunity that they must take hold of like no other. They act as if it is a championship to be won in and of itself. The fact that Mercedes still wins more often than not is a testament to her skills, her tenacity and her ability to adapt to the changing challenges and difficulties she faces as the book on her gets longer and deeper. Many have read this book and yet still she ads new chapters that some do not see coming.

She places a hand against her chest, patting herself lightly.

Seleana Zdunich: I take facing Mercedes as both a serious challenge and a badge of honor. There is nothing easy about it and I know that whether I win or lose I will feel it after. There is no denying this.

Her hand falls away but her gaze remains steadfast.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes is a tough competitor to test myself against.

Her hand slashes through the shot as if brushing off any thought to the contrary.

Seleana Zdunich: She makes all of us have to step up just to escape injury, much less wish to escape with a victory.

A small smirk momentarily washes over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Julianna wishes she could say the same for herself.

She shakes her head again, disgust evident all over her face as she does so.

Seleana Zdunich: And that brings us to the defending champion, Tempest.

She stops right where she is and looks directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Tempest is a primordial force…

A nod reinforces the point.

Seleana Zdunich: She is THE force.  That irresistible force looks to smash us against the Immovable Object and leave no doubt in any minds that she is the champion she was always meant to be.

Seleana nods grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: That has always been who she is.

She nods in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: What she is.

Her right fist lands against her left palm.

Seleana Zdunich: She is a beast of a champion that will always be a threat to smash anyone that steps in front of her and this time, there are two of us to step in front of her. Mercedes and I will step up to her and we will show that we will not be bullied. If Tempest defeats us, she will be showing the world that she is the best they should write songs about.

Going quiet, Seleana cocks her head slightly to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: I am ready for this challenge. I am ready for this fight. I have never won this championship and I will fight hard as for it because I know I have to.

She nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: I have to fight just to survive and I know Mercedes and Tempest will do the same. We will fight until we can fight no more and then we will force ourselves to fight some more because if we do not, we will not be able to live with ourselves anymore.

She nods and points to herself in the chest.

Seleana Zdunich: I will fight to show the lion can overcome whatever the fox and the crocodile can do! You wish to come at me?

She nods fiercely.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln!