Author Topic: I'm Rubber, You're Glue  (Read 902 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
I'm Rubber, You're Glue
« on: October 15, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
I’m Rubber
Chicago, IL

“A train?” Becca Larkin’s voice rings out down the hall, like he just caught her by complete surprise.

He had just finished working a match for PWS: Apex where he came up short to Cleo Phillips and that United Title. Instead of dreading over that, he fist bumped the young lady before he greeted a smiling Becca just on the other side of the entrance to the lockerroom area from the gorilla position.

“What’s wrong with a train? I used to take them all the time when I was back home, it’s the only way to really travel.” he said, wiping his head head down with a towel that she had handed him, “Besides, it’s right in Philadelphia, and honestly it’ll be kinda nice to keep my feet on the ground for the first time in a while.”

“You have a point,” she says with a smirk.

He leans down and whispers in her ear, “And it’s fall, the sight from the window should be amazing.”

Shoving him away, laughing she says, “OK, ok stop....you’ve convinced me. Traveling by train sounds perfect.”

“Good.” he leans in and kisses her cheek, “I’m gonna shower and we’ll head back to the hotel.”

He turns but Becca grabs him by the arm, stopping him in mid stride, “Are you okay?”

Miles gives her a confused look, “Hmm?”

Nervously, she shifts on her feet, running and twisting her hair in her hands, “I mean, you had your hopes set on the United Title and before that was the Roulette...and well...”

“I lost the match, love. Cleo got me tonight. Bill played dirty and got me a couple weeks ago, but don’t think that I won’t keep trying,” Miles says with a smirk, but you could tell something was bugging him, “I’ll bounce back. I always do.”

“Okay.”

“Okay. I’ll be 15 minutes tops.”

And with that he pulls away from her, leaving her to her own devices. There was so much going on, last thing he wanted to do was scare this poor girl. He slowed his steps passing the trainers room, on the other side was Malachi with Bella, he was attacked by the woman that he almost proposed to. It’s why he told Becca to stay close....he wasn’t taking chances.

Psycho ex’s.

Why was he feeling bad about the entire situation?

He almost stopped. He would have taken every curse that Mal would have thrown his way, and he deserved it. They were all back in hell because of that witch.

But couldn’t focus on her, he had his own problems and he wasn’t going to step back.

Time to fucking go foward. He’s hit the bottom, time to bounce like he was a super rubber ball.

He just blew out a big breath of air, turned and decided to let them handle it. “They know my number.”

He’d punch a wall later...

You’re Glue
Philadelphia, PA

The trip was as nice as promised, minus one idiot that found themselves stranded in New Jersey.

“PLEASE tell me you got all of that?” he said when he noticed Becca was recording this idiot making a big damn deal about having to wear a mask.

“And have already sold it to all the major news outlets.”

He looked at her so proudly. He must have done something right in a previous life somewhere to find someone that was pretty much as big of a shit starter as he was. When she found out that he protected her, he got a full on earful in a very colorful diatribe and while she was small, she was ready to battle.

But now, they are in Philly.

Redemption began Sunday and his match against Alex Rush.

“Haven’t we been here before?” he said, with a laugh. He was by the river, leaning against the railing.

“I gotta say, I’ll give Bill credit. How he won was extremely creative. You’d think it’d be embarrassing for me but honestly, that further shut Wank up and that is a victory AND I avoided being fined by the FCC for accidental nudity.” Miles makes that opps face before he shrugs, “Though I would have gladly handed that bill over to the asshole that created the situation. You see, I was pretty determined to keep myself away from the Roulette Title...now it feels like I just need to punch home the fact that someday, somehow...that fucking belt is gonna be mine.”

“Unfortunately for you Alex, that means we get to do this again. Last time we did this was in that Internet Tournament and I gave you props then and I will give you props now. You are all kinds of entertaining, mate. You have a flair for the dramatic and that is something that impresses me man. BUT, where did that competitive spirit go that you had in SCU?”

“Someday I’m sure we will get that answer but man you were a MULTI-TIME CHAMP! And now, you’re a sideshow. I’m noticing something....they’re trying to do the same thing to me.”

“No matter where I go, somehow I turn into this sideshow attraction. It happened to me in PWS and it’s happening to me here. I’m not a dancing monkey here for your amusement. I actually have plans for the future and one of them is not to worry about some bloody fucking RHINO, CHRISTIAN! OH AND FUCK YOUR PIRAHNAS!”

He drops his head into his hands and laughs almost in spite of himself, “Sweet Christ, I have attempted to truly make this whole situation better over and over and instead I am getting increasingly frustrated. So I’m going to take it out on Alex. HASHTAG Sorry...Not Sorry. Not one bit.”

His blue green eyes shine even through the darkness, “I am going to beat every talking head you set in front of me until I get to cave Bill’s big bulbous head in and take what is rightfully MINE. And I am not sorry about that one bit. You’re gonna find out just how serious I can really be.”

And with that he pushes up off the railing and just walks away.