Author Topic: Wishes and Convictions  (Read 661 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Wishes and Convictions
« on: October 01, 2021, 11:55:26 PM »
Make A Wish
August 10th
New York, NY

He really shouldn’t have opened his door, but the annoying knocking fairy came at 9am and refused to go away. He didn’t want to open the door, he just got back in the wee hours of the morning, he had JUST fallen asleep on the couch of his apartment. But the knocks kept coming and he reluctantly opened his door to Bella, who came over with a small box in her hands and 2 large coffees in the other. She ushered them in, sitting them on the couch,Miles grumbling the whole way and she turned to him with a bright smile on her face.

Close your eyes.

Bells, this is stupid...I just wanna go back to slee-

Glaring at him, she cuts him off, “I SAID, close. Your. eyes. Numbskull.

Miles' jaw just drops and in a mock shock, “NUMBSKULL! I have never ever been called that...

Rolling her eyes, she states, “Maybe not to your face, now shut up and close your eyes!

Miles sighs and closes his eyes as he hears the strike of a match. “Okay...open em.” When he does, he sees Bella holding up one lit candle sitting on top of a cupcake and a small smile on her face. “Make a wish.

Flabbergasted by her small gesture, he’s not sure what to make of it, “Bells, what is this?

Well, I felt bad because you once again spent your birthday by yourself, so I figured I’d make it up to you. Now, blow you your damn candle before you end up with wax all over it and can’t eat it.

He just shakes his head, a small tear forming in his eye. She is just so sweet to him, even though she had no right to be. But he smiled softly and just simply said, “You’re impossible.

And you are wasting a perfectly good wish! Hurry up!

Miles just shakes his head and takes the cupcake from her, “Fine, but only because I don’t let a perfectly good cupcake go to waste.” He lifts it up, studies the flame for a moment and in the back of his head he does make a wish, before he closes his eyes and...

Was it that moment? Was her gift what brought Becca to me?

Whatchu thinkin’ about?

Wish Granted
September 29th

Miles opened his eyes to see the gorgeous Becca Larkin laying on her side, the light blue sheet of the bed covering all the salacious curves that just a few moments ago he proceeded to worship at her command. He glanced side-eyed at her, finding her staring a hole through him, if she could. Miles was positive she had some sort of superpower. Since he met her a month ago, this woman has proceeded to wow him at every turn.

The moment he asked her for a dinner date that night, she showed up at his door with her oversized bag that housed her laptop. She had attempted to show him her coding work that she was putting into this mobile game, after they enjoyed the dinner he had picked up from an establishment that was recommended to him by Bella. A quaint little spot called Angelos. Becca and Miles found themselves on the couch, Becca talking endlessly about how one wrong code could corrupt the entire game. He leaned in, trying to make sense of the gibberish computer coding that might as well have been Chinese. Next thing he knew he was just staring at her as she rambled on and on. Finally, she took a breath long enough to notice that he hadn’t even been looking at the screen but at her.

How do you even-

And he didn’t even complete his sentence before she basically jumped on him. The rest is pretty explanatory. This is a family show afterall....

But to now, he smirked at her which brought her hand up to poke at that one dimple which brought an even wider smile to his face. He laughs, swiping her hand away, “Sorry, I was just thinking back to my birthday.

Didn’t you tell me it was all pathetic, and you spent it all alone?

He shrugs, “For the most part yeah, of course I’m used to it but there was something special. I just got back from wherever the hell I was, and a friend brought over this giant cupcake and basically they lit a candle and made me make a wish. I didn’t think much of it at the time but just...

Becca’s eyes get large for a moment and covers her face, almost embarrassed, “Oh GOD, don’t get mushy on me now, Abs. Please.

He looks almost insulted but can’t help but laugh at the moment, “I wasn’t gonna go there!

She just gives him that look like she knows he’s completely full of shit, “Oh yeah sure!

I’m serious. I was feeling really low.” he says as she settles back down onto the bed. Miles just sighs heavily and runs his hand through his hair, placing it behind him, “Even though I beat Shane that weekend, I just hadn’t been sure of what or where I was going. There was that Internet Title Tourney, where once again I was just short of making it to the finals and the guy that beat me is now the champ. I was so beyond pissed off at myself too.

Well, I mean, it was right around then we met.

She reaches out to his free hand and begins to play with it, “It was. You seem to be a bit of a lucky charm, Ms. Larkin.

Oh Mr. Kasey, you flatter me.” she leans up and gives him a sweet kiss. They enjoy the moment before she settles back down and he takes a deep breath.

Either way, despite the fact that I came up short against Caleb, my focus seems to be well a little bit more laser focused. I was all over the map. Suddenly, this weekend though I am staring down the barrel of not just ONE but TWO title shots. I have had to put up with so much uncertainty and suddenly it’s like everything is coming together.

But...

Miles brings his hand up, “I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch, love.

Ok good. And by the way, if you think you are going to Atlanta without me, you are out of your mind.” she says before curling into him and yawning. Miles notices and chuckles a bit, “What’s so funny?

He teasingly looks at her, with that boyish smirk crossing his face, “I could have sworn you were telling me earlier that you had full intention of going back to work after...

Oh, I’m just gonna...close my eyes for just a moment...” she lets out a big yawn, “Need energy.

Amused, he places a kiss on the top of her head, “For what?

Laughing softly, she whispers, “Round 2.

That catches Miles off guard and his eyes grow wide but he looks down and sees that she has fallen asleep. He carefully slides down, scooping her up and before he knows it, sleep captures him.

GIMMIE DAT PEACH!
Present Day
Atlanta, GA

You about done fucking around, Milo?

It is not every day that the man that was FORCED to give up the Roulette Championship, is your own personal cheerleader, but when the SCW World Heavyweight Champ, Alex Jones looked dead at him and told him to bring the Roulette Championship BACK to Wolfslair....well who the fuck was he to deny the boss?

All Miles could do was look at him and shake his sweat soaked head an emphatic yes, after he got run through the proverbial ringer in a workout. Alex slapped him on the shoulder, and the King of the Wolves leaned in close and whispered loud enough with an almost growl in his voice, “Get it.

Miles watched as he walked away to leave him, on his knees, catching his breath, he sat there trying to get his brain to tell his body that it was okay to move. Finally he groaned and finally willed his legs to get out from under him and sit on his world renowned ass, and he was able to lean against the ropes.

The work he put into it all, the blood, sweat, tears and piranha scars all now for a chance of every pair of eyes on him....especially his Wolfslair mates.

I’m sure a lot of people out there are expecting me to crack under this immense amount of pressure that I have put myself under. But I can promise you that this is a whole new outlook.” he sits in silence for a moment, before he inhales deeply, “At Violent Conduct, when I took on Agostino, I was a bit...well...irritated. I let myself get put into this corner. I had failed to capture a chance for the Internet Title and I had to come bursting out of it like I was a man with a purpose. What that purpose was, I didn’t know...until now.

I sat after my match and watched a man that is my mentor, accept a challenge and dominate in one of the main events and he became a double champion. Mac paid the ultimate price and Alex...he proved why he is one of the best in SCW. So when the “powers that be” granted me a match for a chance to gain that one 10 pounds of gold that has eluded me since I have stepped through the doors of Sin City Wrestling.

He pulls himself to a vertical base and smirks before pacing around the mat, “But I am not alone, you see in this match we have GEORGIA’S OWN, Bill Barnhart AND Lincoln Daniels. Bill, I have to admit, you were pretty amazing in that Internet Championship Tournament but man you and Malachi just pretty much laid into each other and you basically handed Caleb that championship on a plate. You let that temper get the better of you and you found yourself on the short end of the stick. I don’t know, man, that feels very oddly familiar. Your obsessive need to be this alpha male when in fact you just find yourself a beta. Mind you, I’ve struggled like hell myself, but how many times are you gonna ride your wife’s coattails in the Mixed Tag Division or get into bitch fights with Malachi before you realize what your shortcomings are?

Then he stops and realizes something, “AS FOR LINCOLN DANIEL! MAN, you had such an amazing start. Then...nothing. It was like you fell off the face of the earth there for a while. I was floored! JULY! Where the hell have you been hiding? And to come in and simply because you are a hometown boy, you are swept into this match, like nothing has happened.” he shrugs and leans into the corner, “Either way man, welcome back but you picked a hell of time to make your grand return. See, gentleman, Bill and Lincoln, you have got to realize now that this division is looking to step into a whole new venture. It begs for a new leader who is thirsty...who is BLOODThirsty. Are EITHER of you truly ready for what this division really needs? My whole Goddamn LEGACY in this company has LED to this very moment. Just a moment, a true opportunity to showcase exactly what I am capable of.

And I’m not saying that neither of you are capable of the same thing but even you have to admit, there is something different in this wind. The tides have changed, and there is a whole new world to discover. How DEEP are either of your convictions to just how far you have to go to truly lead the Roulette Division to where it needs to go? I will stand and watch that wheel SPIN and land on all of our demise....the only difference is....I KNOW how far I’m willing to go.

Miles steps up and his blue green eyes shine with a very dangerous gleam and the smile grows wider with an almost hint of a fang, “Are you?