Author Topic: Endeavor XXXII  (Read 649 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXXII
« on: October 01, 2021, 11:59:06 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 26 de septiembre al 3 octubre de 2021

Apparently, the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Amy Santino probably thinks that my days in Sin City Underground were numbered after her lucky title defense and Andrea Hernandez is probably telling anyone who will listen about her grand victory over me to capture the Bombshell Internet Championship and let me just say, it's probably for the best that this happened.

Did it help change anyone’s opinion that Amy Santino is now a threat in SCU or as GRIME Champion? It should as beating me is a pretty big deal. But chances are probably not. And I get Andrea was trying to get attention but did it ever get occur to her that no one was actually paying attention? Most people who watch political ads either change the channel or find something else to do. Still, that didn’t stop Andrea to throw party, after party, after party.

Unfortunately for Andrea,
#MercedesisNOToverparty. I headlined the card for the first Climax Control after Violent Conduct. Where’s Andrea? Didn’t even get a mention. To be honest, I'm starting to think that’s better for all of us because I like her more the less I see her. Unfortunately, Andrea just couldn’t resist showing up in Orlando last week and doing her usual schict which is getting really old really fast, but that’s just me.

But back to that main event. It didn’t go my way last week, Roxi and Crystal somehow are co-winners and now the World Bombshell Championship match at High Stakes is now a triple threat. Amber already beat Roxi and Crystal multiple times. Now she gets to beat them at the same time. It’s not the fact that Amber can’t hold her own, she’s already up to six defenses as it is and it’s about to be lucky number seven this weekend against Jessie Salco, who she already beat before at the go-home show before Violent Conduct. It’s more so the fact that Amber might lose her title without being involved simply because Roxi and Crystal can’t even beat each other. I almost feel bad for Big Red, but she probably won’t need my sympathy. Truth be told, I think she’s going enjoy her eighth defense and tying Alicia’s record for most defenses.

I knew coming in last week that I had my work cut out for me against three women who are all after the same thing: redemption. Or getting another chance to get beat by Amber Ryan. Same difference. It goes without saying: Alicia, Roxi, and Crystal had a lot more to lose than I did last week. If I lost, I still have my legacy, the record books and other things that define me. If either of them lost? Maybe they’ll have a good cry, dust themselves off and get back into the title hunt.

Anyway, I better get used to the fact that I'm not going to get any sleep this weekend, because apparently, I got a match this weekend against someone I haven’t crossed paths with in awhile. That I saw Dani Weston’s name next to mine is one thing, but getting in the ring with her is something else. So am I worried about this match? The better question is should I be. Honestly, I didn't think I would even have a match this weekend, but as it turns out, that is indeed the case.

SCW has changed dramatically since I first joined and now at my age, I no longer have time on my side. I'm a veteran now and the oldest active competitor within the women’s division. I've also been all around the world, a veteran of many tours in Japan and Europe and Canada. I've been mostly successful everywhere I've gone, including here in Sin City Wrestling.

I’ve been called many things in my career, some not so pleasant. But one thing I am not is a shrinking violet. Alicia knows. It’s why she gets angry all the time whenever my name is at the tip of her tongue. Christina knows. Of every opponents she's ever faced, I'm the only one who lives rent free in her head. It didn’t matter if I underestimated her, she underestimated me and thought I was going to roll over, but I was more than happy to change her mind. Roxi knows. She’s said as much on many occasions that I love to talk, which, let’s be honest, I can talk a good game, but I’ve been known to back it up.

I have the desire, the drive, the determination, but it'll take more than that to walk out Sunday with a win. I’m going to need a little luck and a whole lot of talent to keep up with Dani because our last meeting saw her get the best of me. Doesn't mean I'm going to be intimidated by what she’s possibly going to say about me no matter what she or anyone else think about me and my career and what I have or haven’t done lately. I’m not going to get psyched out by whatever they have to say about my character.   

Dani and I were both chosen to compete in the Bombshell Internet Championship tournament and while I got further in the tournament than she did, I’m not going to kick a person while they’re down. Andrea Hernandez is undefeated for a reason, the fact that we both lost to her is something we have in common. Dani is already three matches into her in-ring return and things haven’t gone swimmingly for her either. She didn’t walk out a winner at Violent Conduct, but then again when you’re teaming with someone you can’t stand plus you’re facing Team Hero, that’s just a recipe for disaster. No matter what anyone tells you, it hurts to lose. I did everything possible not to lose, but I walked out of my title matches empty handed. Dani did everything possible to walk out of Violent Conduct in her match and she couldn't do it. It should have been enough. It wasn't. That's all it is.

So, here we are. Dani Weston versus Mercedes Vargas Part Three. I won one, she won one. Somehow, you know there was going to be a trilogy. Usually after the first match, fans want to see a rematch. Naturally, the loser of the first match gets their revenge, fans wants to see a rubber match. I’m not saying this will be anything Ali-Frazier but I’m almost sure Dani and I will give the people want they want and give them a great match, no matter where we end up on the card. Lots of people are predicting a victory for Dani. All the signs pointing to her victory are all there. I guess because I haven't been winning lately, I should start worrying, right? But if I’m supposed to be rattled by any of this, I’m not giving anything away. Successful people rebound when their back is against the wall, against tough opponents, without so much as a single hope that they'll stand a fighting chance. Sunday will be one of these times. Dani may be a former World Bombshell Champion, but I’m a two-time champion, a Grand Slam Champion, the most-decorated talent in SCW, and an Hall of Famer. I think that means she’s going to have a fight on her hands.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

Ricardo: Come on, Mercy. Stay focus. Let's run that scene again. From the top.

Irma walks up with a traditional wooden slate clapperboard.

Irma: Halloween scene, take 2

She uses a clapperboard and claps it in front of Mercedes' face, who is seemingly annoyed.

Mercedes runs through the scene again, with minimum problems. They go over the scene until there's an errant pause and Mercedes suddenly looks up in the sky and says she forgot her lines. As soon as Mercedes said this, Ricardo calls it a day and everyone mostly is to themselves. Other members of the film crew are just about ready to leave after a six hour day of filming. Hugo is chatting up with the camera crew. Mercedes is joined by Irma and Tomas, sporting an Mexican national team hat in support of the team's run in the Rugby World Cup.

Ricardo: So, Disney World, huh?

Mercedes: Yup. The Most Magical Place on Earth.

Irma: You don’t sound thrilled to be there.

Mercedes: Maybe because Disney World is overrated?

The conversation with Ricardo and Irma continues. Small talk just wasn’t going to cut it today and Mercedes just wasn’t in a great mood. Ricardo looks nonplussed as he shakes his head in puzzlement and walks up to her.

Irma: Overrated?

Mercedes: I had to go in late September, and you know how hot it gets in Florida. Plus I was hoping it wouldn’t be too crowded at that time of year, at least that what I read online, but it really was crowded that time of year. A 90-minute wait to ride Space Mountain? Thank you, next.

Tomas: Aw, sorry you had a bad experience, Mercy, but at least you have a lifetime of memories.

Mercedes: By lifetime of memories, my only reaction of leaving Disney World is good bye and good riddance. Especially after I lost my match contenders match that night. I couldn’t have been more embarrassed.

Ricardo: Yeah, but wasn’t that your second visit ever to Disney World? You went there three years ago.

Irma: I think it’s probably just the jetlag kicking in. Florida to California isn’t exactly a stop at the grocery store.

Mercedes: It's not over yet. I've got another back-to-back set this weekend.

Irma: Oh yeah? Where are you going this time?

Mercedes: Atlanta, can you believe it?

(Mercedes sighs while shaking her head dismissively, but then turn to Tomas staring at her kindly, slightly, bemused smile.

Tomas: The Braves are in the playoffs. Can I get tickets?

Mercedes: I'll see what I can do.

Irma: So, is anyone else hungry? I'm hungry.

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

The sun shone brilliantly as Mercedes Vargas, hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, is standing in front of the Paul Smith wall, the famous big pink wall where people post photos and selfies. With last week’s show in Orlando, there was no doubt that it was going to be tough to top what was a wild main event. Of course, there was this weekend. And what a difference a weekend makes. Whether it helped or hurt Mercedes was the ultimate question, but the chance for a little redemption was all on her mind as the upcoming Climax Control was not too far away. Mercedes steadies the recorder before she pulls back her hand and smiles at the camera.

“You don't get to accomplish the things I've done in my career just by settling, you don't get to be a 13-time champion across SCW and SCU by being complacent. I'm not going to settle, I'm not going to be complacent, and I sure as hell am not planning on an early vacation this Sunday. Just because people out there want to harp on my recent setbacks isn't going to change the outcome Sunday night.

Removing her sunglasses completely and placing hangs them from her t-shirt. Mercedes runs a hand through her hair as she eases up in her chair. It was time for straight talk with Dani and she wasn't planning on holding anything back.

“Yeah, Dani, I know this is a huge opportunity for both of us and the stakes have never been higher, but I'm still playing with the same deck. I came close to winning that title off of Andrea, I came close to making it to ending Amy’s reign, but close just isn't good enough. I'm putting my cards on the table and I'm going all in.”

“The way I see it, your shoulders are still getting pinned to the mat or, at the very least, you're going to be made to tap, tap, tap.”

She pushes a stray lock of brown hair back behind her ear with one perfectly manicured fingernail..

“If Dani wasn't already a success story and an inspiration to millions of little girls everywhere, her match Sunday does highlight a positive message they can all learn from: if you follow your dreams, you can accomplish anything. Well, Sunday, Dani, I’m going to have to crush your dreams silence all those fans who came up just to see you lose to me again. Sorry, that’s just how it’s going to be.”

There's a thin line between conviction and stubbornness, and the latter have been associated with Mercedes, more often than not.

“Mucho antes de que ella supiera y mucho después de que lo recuerde.”
"Long before she knew and long after she'll remember.”

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

The scene fades on Mercedes flashing a smile and waving back at the camera before we fade to black.

***Fade***
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:52:08 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)