Author Topic: The House That J2H Built  (Read 381 times)

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
The House That J2H Built
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »
  It's been a while but why not.

The city of Los Angeles, California can be seen on December 1st, first day of a new month, first day for countless opportunities to be capitalised on during the upcoming thirty one days. Most look forward to Christmas at this time, a lot of people dread it but regardless, the world keeps turning for some and festive thoughts are far from the mind of some. The camera pulls backwards, showing the high angled shot from an office building, looking down on the city, before turning around and focusing on a gold ring on the finger of a man, a certain finger next to a little finger on a left hand. The ring shines bright in the light as the camera focuses on it, before moving up his arm, covered by a suit jacket. It moves more central to see a crisp white shirt, unbuttoned up at top, with red braces either side before making a last move towards the man's face to show him as J2H. The camera pans out to see the office J2H is standing in. A big wooden desk, covered with a computer, a coffee mug and a picture of J2H and Melody Grace, J2H in a suit and bow tie, Melody in a white, classy flowing wedding dress. The camera turns around to show four video screens in front of J2H, one with a middle aged man on the screen, the others with a logo reading "J2H investments".

J2H walks around the desk and sit on the front of it, looking on the screen.

J2H: I take two weeks away, just the two and I come back and shit ain't done.

His tone indicates an anger in his firmness as he crosses his arm.

J2H: All you had to do was keep an eye on the prices and buy at the price I told you there and I come back here John and I look in to it to see it hit those prices not once, not twice, but three times. You can't run an investment company when you don't invest in a fucking thing!

Ah, life has changed for the former SCW World Champion, wrestling had disappeared from his life to be replaced with the high pressured, high powered world of investments. That business degree he got at a very young age, finally getting some use.

J2H: With people like you, I can't run a business, I can't invest in anything because people like you are tying my hands. Get off my screen before your ass ends up in the unemployment line.

J2H reaches down on to the desk for a clicker and picks it up, pressing the button on it, cutting off the connection with the luckily still employed John. J2H walks around the desk and sits down placing his elbows on the desk in front of him and rubbing the sides of his head with his fingers.  

J2H: Give an idiot a chance, hope to god he improves but nope, he's still an idiot.

A familiar voice can be heard moving through the office.

Voice: It's funny, because that's what I thought about you when you came to work for me.

J2H blinks, his mind focusing on the familiar, yet unheard of voice for a while. He takes a deep breath as the voice seeps in to his mind, placing itself in his head. Slowly, J2H lifts his head to look up, looking on the screens in front of him to see Christian Underwood's face on one of them.

J2H: Did you hack my system or something to get your face in my office.

Christian smiles on the screen.

Christian: No idiot, I called your secretary and told her I needed to speak to you immediately and that you were expecting me and she put me straight through.

J2H slowly shakes his head.

J2H: Lot of people won't have jobs this Christmas the way this shit is going. I wish I could say this was a pleasure or something Christian, but I'm not in the habit of lying.

Christian: Funny, I was gonna say the same thing to you.

A smirk comes from the face of the SCW co-owner, causing the former SCW employee to sigh.

J2H: Well, it's been fun but I got stuff to do.

Christian: As do I, and that's why I'm here talking to you, because I have some business to discuss with you, James.  

J2H looks at the screen, his head tilted as a feeling of curiousness rushes through his body as he bites his lower lip.

J2H: Oh do we?

Christian: I wouldn't waste my time sitting in front of a camera if I didn't.

J2H waves his hand, urging Christian to talk.

J2H: Well, what is it?

Christian: Climax Control two hundred is coming up, James. It's on the seventeenth of this months and I'm putting together a couple of big matches, survivor series matches with legends. I've been talking to so many legends and getting them to agree, so far Nick Jones and Jordan Williams are in.

J2H: Those guys are still alive? Good for them.

J2H rolls his eyes.

Christian: Well we want you to be a part of the match too. Longest serving SCW World champion would really add something to the match.

J2H: Christian, do you know what I do these days?

Christian: Over compensate by having a big fancy office and your own logo?

J2H: No. I get up on a Monday to Friday and I kiss my wife.

Christian: Oh, is it public knowledge now that your married? Can we ignore those confidentially thing you got us all to sign?

J2H: No, it's only been two weeks, we'll tell the world when we're ready to. Good thing about being out of the spotlight a bit, no clever cameraman wants to follow me around to get a shot of this.

J2H points to the wedding ring on his finger.

J2H: Anyway, what I was about to say. I get up, I kiss my wife. I come to this place right here where I look at things to invest in, businesses that are struggling and put money in to them and turn them around. Melody works on her business, the fashion stuff, the make up stuff, anything else she feels like working on, she does and she knocks it out of the park. At five O clock, I turn this thing off and I go home, to where I'm greeted by my wife, a duck and a very large bald man, and not always in that order. I sit down, I have dinner and I speak to Melody about work, how her days been, you see, I'm getting the hang of this husband thing and you know what happens at six O clock?

Christian: She sings you a lullaby and puts you to bed?

J2H: I see your humor hasn't improved. No, we don't talk about work no more, we do what we want to do, what makes us happy. A movie on the sofa, a night out, a night under the stars in the hot tub, a game of pool in my pub in my house, whatever we want because we switch off from work. We couldn't do that while we wrestled. We couldn't be normal, live a normal life. When we wasn't working, we was still working, trying to sell your company on people. Now I don't have to do that, we're pretty damn happy.

J2H stands up and walks around the desk, sitting on the edge.

J2H: Call me up around about Climax Control two fifty, or three hundred and I'll consider it then.

A thoughtful look crosses over Christian's face, his mind clearly racing.

Christian: There's not gonna be a two fifty or a three hundred James. Two hundred is our last ever Climax Control. After that, one huge supercard next year and we're done.

The feeling of surprise runs through J2H's body as he stares blankly at the screen, not expecting to hear this news.

J2H: Tour of Australia one step too far for ya, or did you blow half the budget in Starbucks while Mark spent the other half in a strip club? Need to loan a couple of bucks there buddy? Because I do own an investment place and to be honest, I've made so much money doing it, I could give my family back every cent they ever gave me and still have a whole lot of money. Being as I know you, I'll even make the loan interest free.

Christian shakes his head firmly.

Christian: Not about the money. In honesty, we still have money to keep going for years to come but Mark says his motivation got stolen a while ago, and I can't do it without him so we're going out on a high. We're not slowing down and this is why I want you back in the ring for one last match at Climax Control 200.

J2H bites his lip as he thinks about the offer before him. He knew in his heart that he owned SCW a great debt. They took a chance on a seventeen year old kid with a dream of becoming a wrestler and at the time, had no skills to work towards that. He knew he learned on the job and they'd been patient with him, eventually paying off to allow him to become one of the best wrestlers ever to grace a ring. He didn't need wrestling anymore, yet he owned it a lot for what it did for him, what SCW did for him. Without SCW, he wouldn't have met his wife, he wouldn't have become so well known that people were knocking down his door for them to make money with them, he wouldn't have some kind of celebrity status. He'd just be that spoilt rich kid, with the moniker of The Brat Prince hanging around his neck.

J2H: I'll consider it. I won't say yes, I won't say no, but I will consider it and get back to you soon.

J2H picks up the clicker from the desk and quickly hits it, cutting Christmas off the screen and returns to his desk, sitting behind it and letting his mind wander. He never did think he'd ever consider getting back in the ring again, part of him hated the wrestling business again, or more to the point, certain people in it, certain people he'd always had a hate for, people he wished he'd never come in contact with, but without it, life would have been different, very, very different.

J2H: Me? Back in a ring again?

The thought made him go cold, yet a shot of excitement jumped through his body at the thought of being in front of a crowd again with that winning feeling, it was like a drug.

J2H: I dunno.

He looks down at his wrist, at the expensive watch on his left arm and stands up. He walks towards the door of the office as the camera focuses on the time on the clock on the wall, showing the time as five O clock. He quickly opens the door and walks out as the camera cuts elsewhere.

The Huntington-Hawkes residence.

J2H stands outside the front door of his house, just looking at the hard wood in front of him, covered with a Christmas reef, and flashing lights around the door frame. He looks to his right to see a blow up snowman.

J2H: That wasn't here when I left today....

Today had been an interesting day at work, unexpected in may ways. He reaches for the handle and pushes the door open and steps inside. Within seconds of his arrival, the sound of little feet on hardwood floor can be heard moving towards him. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, before opening them and looking towards the floor where he sees Dexter the duck running towards him.

J2H: You're worse than a dog that meets his master at the door.

Dexter: QUACK!

J2H: You'd think you'd learn a new word by now.

J2H breathes deeply as he looks down at Dexter.

J2H: Where's your mother?

He runs his hand over his head, looking away.

J2H: Can't believe I just said that to a duck and expected him to answer with something more than quack.

Dexter turns around and waddles towards a door at the end of the hall, looking back to see if he's being followed. J2H stops as he looks around the hallway, decorated in bright colors, tinsel hanging from picture frames, Merry Christmas banners along the walls, a mini Christmas tree on a nearby table.

J2H: Santa's elves have been busy.

J2H: I'm coming, I'm coming!

J2H walks down the hall in the direction Dexter has walked and watches the duck walks through a small gap in the door. He reaches the door and pushes it open, walking in to see Melody laying asleep on the sofa. From the corner of his eye, he spies Simpson walking towards him, walking as softly as the big man possibly can. He speaks to J2H in a soft voice.

Simpson: Good evening sir. Dinner shall be ready soon, I trust your day was ok?

J2H: Not too bad Simpson, very interesting to say the least. What's wrong with Melody?

Simpson: She's just been tired a lot today sir. I'm sure it's just the change in temperature.

J2H: Fair enough. I hate December, it's the worst month of the year.

Simpson just nods his head slightly before leaving the room. J2H looks around the room to see a huge Christmas tree in the corner of the room, decorated in blue and silver, on the ground around in, piles of fake snow, and presents. A glance towards the fireplace shows a Christmas scene, wise men figurines crowded around a manger in a stable setting with an angel hanging from the wall. The walls are decorated brightly with tinsels and Christmas decorations. On another wall hangs a small toy sleigh, with Santa sitting in it, being pulled across the wall by reindeers. J2H smiles as he looks down at Melody.

J2H: Someone has made this place look seriously Christmassy.

J2H moves over to the sofa where Melody lies, leaning down and kissing her on the forehead. A smile crosses the lips of Melody as her eyes start to open. J2H walks around her and sits at the end of the sofa, barely enough space for him to sit down and not disturb her. Melody tiredly sits up and spins her legs to the floor, changing positions and putting her head on his shoulder. He quickly wraps his arm around her shoulder as she opens her eyes narrowly, trying to adjust to the light, and looks at him.

Melody: Mr Huntington-Hawkes.

J2H: Mrs Huntington-Hawkes.

A smile crosses the young blondes face as she purses out her lips, her husband moving his head towards her and planting his lips softly on hers, pressing down for just a few seconds before pulling away from her.

Melody: I'll never get tired of being called that.

J2H: I hope not, because you're kinda stuck with me now.

She looks up at him with a smile as she moves herself closer.

Melody: How was your day?

J2H: Strange babe, very strange. I got a video call from Christian Underwood, he told me SCW was closing down soon.

Melody sits up straight on the sofa, looking at J2H with a look of disbelief on her face. She took knew the importance of SCW. Without it, she knew she wouldn't be in the house, who knows where she would have been, who she would have been sharing the sofa with, what she would have been doing. Her end game was to be with James from the minute she saw him, she knew that this was the place she wanted to be forever from the second she fell in love with him that she wanted his ring on her finger, she knew without SCW, that wouldn't have happened.

Melody: What? I can't believe it, I thought it would last forever. Why is it closing?

J2H: Something to do with Mark's motivation being stolen, whatever that means, and Christian not able to do it alone. They want me to go back for Climax Control 200 but I'm not so sure.

Melody moves her head back towards J2H's shoulder, pressing her lips against his neck for a quick second.

Melody: Why not? We spoke about returning to wrestling one day.

J2H: Because I realised I don't need it. Life couldn't get any better than it is now. I get to spend my nights with you. We don't have to go out and be the people on the screen anymore, we don't have to tell people to watch this show, or buy stuff from the SCW site when we're trying to be a normal couple. We're making money like crazy without having to wake up hurt. Let's be honest, we could move the office to the house and never have to leave if we wanted. Wrestling helped me but I don't need it anymore.

Melody: It's one match, it will be good for you to say goodbye to the fans.

J2H: Been there, done that. Don't really wanna do it again.

Melody pulls herself closer to J2H, her hand across his chest

Melody: Did he say what kinda match he wanted you in?  

J2H: Survivor series with other SCW legends, Nick Jones and Jordan Williams were mentioned.

Her eyes grow wide as she hears those two name, sitting up and looking at him.

Melody: Jam, if they asked you to come back with those legends, then they clearly want to put on a good show. Maybe you should do it to stand in the ring with those guys.  

J2H: I think you should get on that card too then. If I gotta hurt and spend the next day in bed because of being thrown around the ring, I think you should be joining me all achy and shit too.

Melody: I'd join ya anyway, but I can't wrestle anymore.

J2H: You can probably out wrestle me. They want the crowd leaving that show happy, they won't leave happier than you back in the ring and kicking the hell out of someone.

Melody: Babe, I really can't wrestle anymore.

J2H: Why not? You're Melody Grace Huntington-Hawkes, you can do anything you want to do.

Melody: Because...

Melody leans in to whisper something in J2H's ear. He lowers his eyebrows and nods as Melody speaks. She pulls her head away and looks at him waiting for a response.

J2H: Good enough reason. I was wrong though, life really can get better.

The two share a smile as Simpson walks in to the room.

Simpson: Dinner is served.

J2H gets to his feet, holding his hand down towards Melody and helping her to her feet and wrapping his arms around her, holding her tight. He pulls he head back and kisses her softly on the lips.

J2H: Today is a good day.

Melody smiles at her husband as he picks her off her feet, twirling her around before placing her back on the floor, wrapping his arms around the young blonde as the scene cuts to black.

Of course I said yes to Christian's offer.

J2H stands in a room in his house, wrestling memorabilia hanging from the walls, a replica of the SCW World championship in a glass case next to him.

J2H: This thing right here, I made famous again. This thing right here with me, this is what SCW is gonna be remembered for the most.

He taps the glass case containing the belt.

J2H: This thing right here, is why I will always be immortal in SCW history and nothing will change that.

He pauses for a second, collecting his thoughts.

J2H: But one more big match, legends of the ring returning, then I got the call to say who these legends were. I hear I'm teaming with Nick Jones, I didn't know he was even still alive, Goth, I wonder if he's still pissy that I beat him to win this thing?

J2H looks at the championship belt.

J2H: Kain, thought he musta got over his last lose the title rage quit, um, I mean break and Geno Jr, a guy who somehow got pushed way before his time and lucked up winning this belt. Still, five men, something in common, all former SCW World champions and then I looked at the opponents and well, I laughed.

He tries to hide a smile on his face.

J2H: Tom Dudely? First off, I thought what is a Tom Dudely because I only know champions and you Tom Dudely, you have never been a champion. How the fuck did you get put in this match? Why does anyone still have your phone number? What was people thinking when they thought you'd actually make a good addition to this match? Let me make this clear to you Tom, you've spent your whole career trying to be someone but look at you, you're a no one. You've been wrestling before I was even born and I've done so much more than you could ever have imagined. I'm not sure how you got in this match, but I'm gonna show you the difference in class between us. Stick your old school up ya ass bro, because it didn't work then and it ain't gonna work now. Make sure you wear a name tag bro, it's the only way these fans are going to remember who the fuck you are. I'm just glad for Google so I got to find out who you are.

He smirks, looking deep down the camera.

J2H: Then I see Bo Dreamwolf on that team. Now I know Bo well, when I went to Austin Parker to turn me in to the god you see before you, Bo was my training partner, the anti Austin. While Austin barked, Bo put his arm around your shoulder to give you a little help and advice. You remember how quickly I progressed Bo? You remember how quickly I stepped things up and become better than you, right? You were the seasoned vet when I showed up, didn't take long for me to become much better then you. I remember having that Roulette title once or twice, but I knew I was destined for more, I knew I was going to go higher and I did. I went far beyond what you ever could. Think of Austin as a proud daddy. He had two sons, one son was the runt of the little while the other was everything a pops could want. Oh how the tables have turned Bo, because the old man looks at me prouder than he ever could look at you. I became the favorite, I became the golden child because I turned out better than you. I get to show ya pops choice is justified on Sunday.

He pauses for a few seconds.

J2H: I saw the name Jordan Williams against me too. I wondered, Same Jordan Williams who came back for Blast From The Past and crashed out early. I remember something you said back then Jordan, that you're not the Jordan Williams from the past, you can't fly around the ring like you used to, you have to wrestle smarter, not the way it used to be. If that was the case then, what's the case now? Do you need helping to the ring? Would you like be to send Simpson to you to push you down to the ring so I can beat you and send you back to your assisted care living facility? I mean come on Jordan, you was a legend twenty years ago, but now, not so much. I kinda feel sad that we all know this is one of your last matches, yes, I say one of them cause I know you signed up for two, I have ears everywhere, but are you gonna be able to step in to that match after watching this one back, knowing you just can't do it anymore? It's gonna be a pleasure to beat you, don't worry,, I'll try end it nice and quick for ya, so you can recover in time for an early bird special on Monday.

That cocky, arrogant smirk crosses his face.

J2H: Ah, Spike Staggs, a man who once kicked the shit outta me, then told the world to put me on TV, remember that Spike? Trust me, I remember it well, so well, like it was yesterday. See this man clearly saw something in me. He saw I wasn't willing to quit at the first sign of a beating, he knew I was the one that could have a future here and fucking hell bro, was you right, or was you right? I know deep down though Spike, something is eating at ya. I know you thought way back when this place opened it's doors and you walked in, you thought when people thought of SCW, they'd think of Spike Staggs. Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. People don't think of you anymore, they haven't thought of you in a long time. The fans wasn't even excited at your return because your own son ruined the Staggs name here long after you walked away. Everything you built, he systematically ripped apart dicking around backstage acting like a prick with the Bad Boys. He killed your good name and some Sunday, I will end the Staggs legacy in SCW once and for all, the only Staggs that will come out of Sunday with any chance of keeping any credibility to the Staggs name will be your wife.

He turns his head away from the camera for a second before looking back.

J2H: And now the last name, the deluded man who thinks I'm his buddy, Despayre.

He grits his teeth.

J2H: Oh the history with Despayre. The countless times I've beat this man and made him cry like a bitch backstage, yet has the balls to think I'm his friend?

J2H slowly shakes his head.

J2H: You'd think you'd have been happy for you "friend" even when he beats you but no, cry on, have regrets about not being world champion, boo hoo Despayre. I beat you because I was so much better than you could dream of. I beat you because there was nothing you could do to ever be better than me, and this is gonna be no fucking different at all. Get the tissues ready Despayre because one more time, you will be in the ring with me, one more time, you will lose to me, one more time you'll be crying on your daddy's shoulder wondering why you couldn't beat me, one more time, you'll regret stepping in the ring with me.  

He waves a finger at the camera.

J2H: You may be the most popular guy in the ring, you may be the one's the fans want to see win, you may be their hero, the melter of the coldest hearts in SCW, but none of that will help you beat me.

He takes a deep breath.

J2H: I don't give a fuck who else survives on my team, because all that matters is I will. I will be the one standing with a raised arm at the end of the match, I will be the one who is gonna taste that victory once more, because I deserve it more than anyone they can pull out of the retirement home.

He looks seriously down the camera.

J2H: I'll make this place go out on top, because SCW was the house that J2H built!  

He pauses for a second.

J2H: It was the place I kept up to the highest level possible when I was champion and I ain't saying Calvin Harris is a bad champion, but this place wouldn't be closing if I was still the champ, just saying.

A cocky look passes his face.

J2H: I made this place what it was, I made this place mean something and for one night only J2H is in the house that he built and has no intentions of laying down. I am the one who made SCW tick, I am the one the fans are coming out to see, I am the one who people are paying money for on Sunday. Trust me, the rating are gonna go flying through the roof when I show the world just what they've been missing.  

He runs his hand over his chin.

J2H: It doesn't matter if it's Tom Dudely, Bo Dreamwolf, Jordan Williams, Spike Staggs, Despayre, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Goofy or Popeye, the facts don't change, the ending don't change, it's never changed, it's what I spent years of my life doing. I will win, it's that simple, I don't turn up to lose and why the fuck would this be any different at all?

He smiles down the camera.

J2H: Spoiler alert, it won't be, J2H wins.

A sharp inhale comes from J2H as he looks down the camera for the last time.

J2H: You should know what I say, I do and I'm saying that nothing changes here, not a thing. I walk in to that ring with everyone in awe of me, can't believe I'm actually there, piss their pants in excitement, watch me put on a show and walk out with my arm raised high and looking down at some chump. That's what's gonna happen on Sunday. Ten top guys in one match, only one J2H.

He smirks again.

J2H: That's real talk bitches!

The camera fades to black.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:48:23 AM by Mark Ward »
>