Author Topic: Loyalty  (Read 370 times)

Offline The Jersey Devil Diva

• View Profile
    • Joanne Canelli
Loyalty
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »
 Link to Song for RP: Sad Song

Act 1: The one that got away

"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence."
Colin Powell

\'user

The scene opens on the beautiful Jersey Shore. The sun was starting to set for another day, and the pink and reds filled the sky, as the midnight blue started to take it over. The moon started to rise over the city, as the sun set over the river that separated New York and Jersey. The massive homes in Jersey Shore lights were starting to come to life giving the house a warm glow from the windows only casting shadows of those within. The camera pans over to the long deep brown brick walls that ran around the Canelli estate grounds seemed to stretch on forever, until it reached the back of the manor. There was only one light that was on in the manor burned brightly in the office of the Don herself. She sat in the high backed black leather chair going over a few things after the last meeting of the day. She sat alone as "Power Ballad" by Shawn Coleman begins to play on the radio. She sits up and smiles as she leans back in the chair. It reminded her of a more simpler time, when all she had to worry about was what she was going to do with the next 48 hours of the weekend before she had to go back to school on Monday. She closes her eyes as it begins to play, and lets her mind wander...

The scene reopens on a smoke filled club somewhere in Jersey. It was crowded, and a hair band was on stage. We soon see a young Joanne no more then 18 with frizzed hair, a low cut top, a short black leather skirt, and a pair of high heeled shoes. Her makeup was done in the usual 80's fashion of way to much on a face. Her legs were covered in spandex tights, with a leather jacket over her arms. The band starts to play a cover of "Power Ballad" and the lead singer had long silver hair, teezed making it shimmer in the bright lights of the stage. Joanne stares at him as he begins to sing. Her heart pounded in her chest, as she watches him play the cherry red guitar he played. It was like he was singing just to her, and he could be the one. She leans over to her friend who was dressed in a deep red dress that came up just past her thigh and she smiled softly.

Joanne: Who is he?

Red: I don't know, but the crowd loves him.

Joanne: I think I do too... Gawd he's hot.

Voice: Boss? Hey boss?

Joanne shakes from the thought, and she opens her eyes seeing Rude and Reno standing on either side of her. She blushes slightly, and gets to her feet.

Reno: We knocked but you didn't answer, and we thought we would come and check on you.

Joanne: Thanks... I was just umm... Thinkin' about someone. I have to go and make a call. Excuse me.
Joanne walks out of the office and starts up the staircase toward her room. She still had feelings for HIM but she had moved on. The feelings she had would always be there, after all he was her first, and you never forget your first. Her mind was reeling with thoughts about everything including her match, and about the side that she was going to choose. Mark had already spoken with her, and Erik had sent her flowers with a message attached. They both wanted her loyalty, and who wouldn't? She was the Bombshell Roulette Champion after all. She knew she had to make a choice whether if she kept her title against Faith or not. Joanne begins to dial the phone, and sighs, falling back on the bed waiting for someone to pick up on the other end. It is soon picked up, and Joanne smiles to herself.

Voice: Hello?

Joanne: Hey it's me...

Joanne? It's good to hear from you... I've been watching, and I have to say congratulations are in order. Your second match and you became a champion. But I have a feeling that isn't why you called is it?

Joanne smiled to herself. He knew her all to well. When she thought about him she usually called, unless it was for business. She sighs as she sits up, and looks over at a picture that sat on the dresser of her and the silver haired man. They looked happy and in love without a care in the world.

Joanne: No... Power Ballad came on the radio and I... I got thinkin' about you and me back then. I don't know why I'm even doin' this...

Seph: I think I do... It's the same reason that I stare at your picture every night and think of what could have been. Why I still long for your touch, your kisses, just to have you in my arms again.

Joanne: I wish you were here. I need you tonight. I know I have Reno but sometimes I wish you were still here with me instead.

Seph: You know we can't Joanne...I mean I would love nothing more then to spend the night with you in my arms. Hearing your heartbeat always made me smile, and the feel of your skin against mine, made me feel alive again.

Joanne: I can still remember the first time we met. I knew then I didn't want anyone else. I wanted you more than anyone, and I had you. But then... Gawd I don't know what happened. I loved you but...

Seph: I know... I will always love you Joanne, and that will never change no matter who you or I are with at the time.

Tears fall down Joanne's cheeks, as she picks up the picture and sits back on the bed.

Joanne: I know. I love you too... Just promise me when the time comes that you'll take me away from all of this. When I take my last breath I want you there with me.

Seph: You know I will be there when that happens. Goodbye for now Joanne. It was good speaking with you again.

Joanne: You too...

Joanne hangs up, and falls back on the bed and sobs still clutching the picture in her arms. Seph would always be the one that got away, and she did regret that moment in her life. She had killed people, sold drugs, even trafficked illegal goods, but that was nothing compared to this. She turns over and faces the window staring out into the night, wondering if he was looking back at her somewhere. She closes her eyes as the tears continue to fall, and falls into a restless sleep as the scene fades to black.

Act 2: Choices

The scene opens on the Canelli estate on another bright and beautiful cool spring day. The guards made their rounds, watching for any trouble that could come from anywhere. The sun was shinning brightly over the house and a new day had begun. The camera soon focuses on a quiet corner of the house where we see Joanne in a large gym standing in front of a black punching bag. She hits it a few times, and speeds up, as it swings around her. Her match was just two days away and she wasn't going to lose her title just yet. Joanne side steps the swinging bag and hits it sending it back toward the wall.

Joanne: I know what you're thinkin', and yes I know punchin' bags can't hit back, so why am I sparin' with it? It's simple. I know Faith has speed on her side, and agility and I'm not goin' to let that stand in my way. I know how to take you down Faith. You stood in that very ring against me and Karina, and I managed to walk away with the title, while you were left with nothin'. This is the first title I have earned in this fed, and I don't plan on losin' it this soon. I've worked my ass off to get where I am in this business and I haven't missed a step since I've joined the SCW have I? I won my first two matches, and gained a title, but Faith what have you done since your debut here? Anythin' or did you go suck Hot Stuff's dick to get where you are? I mean you do seem like the type to do it. Of course half of the Diva's do... The one's that sided with him at least.

Joanne smiles and hits the punching back once more, and moves around it in an almost fluid movement before kicking it with a roundhouse kick, causing it to swing back a bit more.

Joanne: Faith you should learned the first time that we met in the middle of that ring, that I don't play games, and that I am just that damn good at whatever I do. The Bombshell Roulette title will remain with me until I decide to lose it. Then and only then will I give it up. Until then it's staying with me. I've never been one that gives up easily on anythin' that I do, and this is no different for me. Sunday night hopefully this will be the last time that you're stupid enough to get into that ring with me Faith, because if not, the next time we meet you won't be walkin' out of that ring the same way you went in.

Joanne smirks as she hits the punching bag once again, sending it flying across the room. As it lands it breaks and all of the sand spills out of it. She walks to the window that overlooks the massive backyard with beads of sweat starting to slide down her face.

Joanne: Now as for the choice that I have to make between who's die I'm on... Both sides have sent me gifts, money, flowers, candy and I have to say thank you to both Mr. Ward, and Mr. Staggs, but I can't let those thin's sway my decision, and you think it will. I know most of the Diva's in the SCW would be flattered with two handsome men fightin' over them, but not me. This is a really big choice and I'm not goin' to jump at the first offer that is made. I've learned over the time I've been the head of a family that you have to prove your trust to everyone around you, and so far there is only one person that I really trust within the hallowed halls of the SCW. But Sunday night all will be revealed, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait and see which side I picked.

Joanne folds her arms in front of her as she stares out, watching the guards make their rounds for morning. For almost 16 years she had been in charge and had been nearly killed by people she thought she could trust, and she had learned her lesson well. Now she had to make a choice and one she had already made.

Joanne: Faith I just have a few more thin's to say to you and I hope you actually listen to me. Sunday night you can try and do everythin' you can to stop me and take the title from me, but nothin' is goin' to work. I know your moves, I know how you think when you're in the ring. I'm not goin' to back down, and I'm not goin' to let you get the upper hand. I'm a champion and I don't plan on losin' any time soon. We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass! See you soon Faith!

Joanne turns and looks at the camera with a smirk forming on her ruby red lips, and heads for the door or the gym. She turns off the lights, and heads out as the scene fades to black.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:15:30 PM by The Jersey Devil Diva »
>

"We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass!"

Hits: 14  Survivors: 13

Current Bombshell Internet Champion
Bombshell Tag Champion
Bombshell Roulette Champion x 1