Author Topic: Time for gold  (Read 291 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
Time for gold
« on: April 27, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »

15 April 2018

Las Vegas NV

Sam’s Town

Joshua is seen backstage walking as he is stopped by Pussy Willow wanting to ask a few questions.

“Ladies and Gentlemen I am here with Joshua Acquin.  Tough loss this week and going out in the first round again this year.  How do you feel about the loss?”

Joshua shakes his head at Ms. Willow.

“How do I feel about the loss?  That is the leading question you have for me?  I hate taking a loss but losing in the first round stings.  I know how I feel and I can only guess how Jessie feels about the loss.  But I know that we both will bounce back.  I know I am here in SCW long term and Jessie is going between SCW and Honor Wrestling, but I think we will be seeing her more here.  She has unfinished business and tonight just added to it.”

“So since Jessie took the loss do you blame her for the loss?”

“That’s a funny question because this is a team where no blame on one person cannot be blamed.”

“What is next for you in SCW?”

“Well there is that championship that just was vacated.  Looking around I am really the only one here in SCW that deserves it.  So Mark and Christian I am telling you to make the right choice and not have a match to decide the next SCW Roulette Champion.  Just hand it over to me.  That is what I deserve more than anyone else here in SCW.  Come on I am a two time SCW Tag Team Champion.  I am also Mr. Sin City.  That is more than most of the people here in SCW that were knocked out this round.”

“Thank you for your time Joshua.”

--------

Joshua Acquin’s house

Las Vegas NV

Joshua is seen on his couch watching TV when his daughter walks into the room and sits next to him.

“Hey sweetheart what’s going on?”

“Nothing at all dad.”

“Homework done?”

“Of course.”

“It seems like you want something from me.  You have your driver’s license, but you can’t drive my car.”

“No not that dad.  I want to become a wrestler like you.”

Joshua sighs at the thought of his daughter becoming a wrestler.  But he doesn’t want to stop her dreams.

“Alright I have some rules.  First you will not be in a match till you are 18.  You will be in a training environment till then.  Second I will be your head trainer and people I will appoint to you will also be a trainer for you. Third you will need to know that you may get hurt and that is not my intentions but if I am going to train you, I don’t hold back because I go by if women want to do this they have to be willing to go all out.  Now if you are hurt or close I will stop because that is not my intention to hurt anyone in training.  You still want to do it?”

Madison thinks about what her dad said.

“Alright I can do that dad.  When do we start?”

“Well let me change into some gym stuff and you should do the same so we can get working.  I will also make some calls and we will head down to the school.”

--------

Joshua Acquin’s Wrestling School

Las Vegas NV

Joshua parks his BMW outside and opens the trunk and grabs his bag out of it and walks in with his daughter carrying her bag.

“Meet me in the weight room I need to do some things in my office real fast”

With that Joshua walks into his office.  Sitting in his office was his brother and sister.  Joshua gives them both a hug and sits with them.

“Thanks for coming down today.  Madi wants to be a wrestler like I am.  I told her she had to do it my way more or less.  I want her to go through the training before we think about her having a match.”

“Joshua are you worried about her getting hurt?  Look at me I am your little sister and I haven’t been hurt yet.”

“Very funny Ash.  The thing is I don’t know if she is doing this and wants to do it or what.  I was trying to get Amy down here but she is busy today.  So I am having you two here to help me.  Train her properly.  But at the same time I don’t want it to be easy for her.  I have seen a lot of second generation stars get there on there fathers or mothers and fall flat when they can’t perform.  So we are going to go through and help her out but not hinder her.”

The three are in agreement with what has been said.  They head out of the office and into the weight room where Madison is waiting for them.

“Madi you know your uncle and aunt.  They are going to help me when I am not here.  I was going to have another friend of mine that you know.  She is out of town right now.  So we are going to lift some weights and then later we will hit the ring and do some work there.  Then we will finish up with some cardio.”

After they get done with weightlifting they go to the ring.  Joshua and Austin get into the ring.

“Now we are going to start easy today Austin and I are going to show you some basic moves and we will go from there.”

They go over moves and for an hour they work in the ring.  When they get done with that they go to the treadmill and Joshua straps on a elevation training mask and looks over at his daughter getting ready to run.

“Dad what is that thing you are wearing?”

Joshua thinks for a minute before speaking.

“It’s the latest fashion trend.”

Joshua laughs at the joke as his daughter rolls her eyes.

“Madi it is for training and help with stamina.  It is a elevation mask, it restricts the flow to simulate a higher altitude and until I see where you are in that aspect I am not going to make you wear one.  I need one to keep in tip top shape.”

Joshua starts up his treadmill and starts running.  After about 30 minutes of running Joshua hops off and starts to stretch along with his daughter.  Joshua goes to the locker room and directs his daughter to the female locker room.  After changing Joshua heads to the office where his brother and sister are sitting waiting for him.

Austin speaks first to Joshua.

“Joshua I got to ask with SCW back how much time are you going to have for this and your LFL team?”

“Austin I have a team of people with the Burn to help run that.  As far as here I have you two whom I trust can train her.”

“You think Ash and I can train her?  What about our lives?”

“Guys you two will have lives.  I have other friends that can come in and do a session with her.  But I am also thinking this is a fad.”

“Alright I know I am willing to do it and I am sure Ash is as well.  Don’t think we will take it easy on her.”

“I wouldn’t expect for you too.”

Ashlynn nods her head in approval as Austin walks out of the room.

“Ash I have to ask since you have worked and wrestled how does Madi look?”

Ashlynn thinks about what she is going to say and begins to speak.

“Joshua she is good for her age.  Strong as an ox, but she can work on getting her stamina up.  You can tell she is a  rookie.  But give me time with her and she will give you a run for your money.”

Joshua and Ashlynn share a laugh at the thought.

“Anyway Joshua where is my invite to your guys wedding?”

Joshua goes to his desk and pulls out an envelope that has Ashlynn’s name on it.

“You know how I am with mailing things out.  But I will tell you I sent them out within the last week so you are probably one of the first to get this.”

Austin walks back into the room .

“Joshua what is this that you have a championship match this week?  I thought you said you talked to them about giving it to you.”

Joshua laughs.

“You know I have to hand it to them they are business first and they had their eyes out to get the best ratings they can.  However putting a rookie in this match in his first match is bullshit.  I work hard for the company and they seem to put everything against me so I can’t win any singles gold.”

“Yeah it seems weird that it is a ladder match.”

“It doesn’t matter I will be the next SCW Roulette Champion.”

---------

Phoenix AZ

KMVP-FM

“This is Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.  This is Steve and I am here with the LFL Phoenix Burn owner Joshua Acquin.  Joshua last week the Burn took their first loss of the season, putting them at 2-1 on this young season.  This week they are back home and playing the Denver Diva’s how do you feel about the chances for a bounce back?”

“First off thank you for having me on your show.  Secondly your question you asked is a question that you know the answer for.  I feel pretty great that we will win.  We just had a couple of bad turnovers in Baltimore and we have worked this week on those issues.”

“Now Joshua for the casual sports fan they may not have heard about the LFL.  What do you have to say to those people?”

“You know what Steve I tell them, think about arena football but with women.”

“Ok another thing that some fans have an issue with is the uniforms for the players.  It is basically bras and panties out there.  How do you feel about that?”

“Well I am one of the few owners that have put in to have the uniforms changed.  I want to see them in more of a leggings, or yoga pants.  Then have a top kind of along the lines of a football jersey and more padding.  I want to prevent injuries and let the players have longer careers.”

“So I know some teams do giveaways at the game.  Are you going to have any?”

“This week we are going to have  dollar beer night where all beer is a dollar per cup.”

“Are these cups small ones to bring us in?”

“No I hate when people do that.  They will be the full size beer cups and it goes until the fourth quarter of the game.”

“Very well.  Well thank you for being here today Joshua.  Good luck the rest of the season.”

--------------

“Jekyll and Hyde” by Five Finger Death Punch hits the PA system as Joshua comes out on stage slowly making his way to the ring.  The fans boo him as he taunts them going down the ramp.  Once he gets to the ring he gets on the turnbuckle and taunts them more.  Joshua goes to the edge of the ring and motions for a microphone.

“So Mark and Christian have decided not to hand me the SCW Roulette Championship.  They want to make a match.  Not just any type of match, they are going against what the roulette division is with matches. When was the wheel spun for a ladder match?  I have seen that wheel and I know that space for the ladder match is so small it never hits.  So now we are to believe that this spin it came up?”

Joshua paces in the ring.

“Let's look who I am in this match with.  We have the veteran Chris Crippler.  Who in the first round made such a disappointing showing they gave Amy Mars...I mean Santino a new partner.  Now they are giving him this championship match?  Now yes I did lose but I had a great showing.  Seems like they are willing to give anyone a championship match here.  Then we have the butcher of the english language Quinton Cross.  My goodness get this man a dictionary for his birthday.  This man butchers the english language so bad people’s ears bleed.  I don’t know what’s worse a person speaking from New York or him talking.  Then we fill out the match with rookies?  I think that with some it is their second match here in SCW, maybe ever.  Caleb Storm I am going to have to put a warning out for.  It will be my own storm warning, you will be grounded so your high flying shit will not happen.  I will hurt you so you can’t climb that ladder.  Nick Steen you are in your third match out of wrestling school.  Seems like a nice guy but his volume control needs some work.  You can’t go around yelling and screaming every 2.3 seconds.  I think when Caleb gave you that blue thunder bomb might have knock some more things loose on you.  Ty West welcome to your second match here and here is your championship match.  Where is the coming up and earning your championship matches?  I love how people come here and within their first two matches they have a championship match.  I am going to enjoy hurting the rookies in this match.”

Joshua stops to think what to say.

“Chris let's take the others out of this match early and we can decide between us who will get this championship.  I see you more deserving than the other three in match.  We have faced off before and on that night I drew the short straw and loss.  This time I am going to be the one climbing the ladder and unhooking that championship.  When that happens that championship will have a nice long run on me.  I will be the 36th SCW Roulette Championship.  Let me put it to you this way I will hold the Roulette Championship for a record breaking 155 days to break a two way tie.  That will be September 28, two days from my birthday.  This will be a great birthday present.  So I am going to break the current record held by Equinox and Goth.  True I loss to Equinox’s team in the Blast From the Past. But that was a miscommunication between my partner and myself.  I have read where I have blamed Jessie for the loss when that is the furthest thing from the truth.  It is a team event and we win as a team and we lose as a team.”

Joshua paces in the ring.

“Some people have also said I should be Amy’s replacement partner.  I am going to say I was upset when they didn’t choose me to replace Chris.  But after I thought about it, Wyatt is one hell of a talent here in SCW.  But this Sunday I am going to climb the ladder and become the new SCW Roulette Champion.  I will hold it and make it mean something to hold it here in SCW.”

“Jekyll and Hyde” hits the PA as Joshua rolls out of the ring and walks to the back laughing as fans boo at him.