Author Topic: Working to a big match  (Read 298 times)

Offline Joshua Acquin

• View Profile
    • Joshua Acquin
Working to a big match
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »
 Posted on joshuaacquin.com

I am still hurt that SCW is going to be closing their doors.  I still remember my first match at CC48.  During this time I was splitting my time between SCW and GIW.  I only did two matched at that time before going back to GIW.  After a few months and broken promises from GIW I signed exclusively with SCW.  My debut for the second time was at My Bloody Valentine.  I won the SCW Tag Team Championship shortly thereafter.  I have made some great friends in the back.  Even the ones that I spar with on twitter and even the bosses.  You have to remember it is all character and I try to stay in character while in the arenas we go to.  But outside I am on that will give the shirt off my back for anyone.  Even ones that I have fought in the ring.  SCW was a place I was able to grow and excel at entertaining fans.  Weather they loved me or hated me I did it all for them.  Anyone back in the back I will vouch for, they are major talent and any fed that gets them gets an all-star with them.  I hope to be able to wrestle some of the SCW stars wherever they go.  Be it me going to the company as a one off match or a short term contract.  It also doesn’t have to be a one on one match I am open to tagging with any SCW star.
With that said I am excited for CC200.  Mark and Chris are pulling out all the stops and getting all the veterans of SCW back and it can create dream matches.  Those people that say so and so could beat so and so.  Now we may see that.  I know in SCW I have great friend and we will stay in touch.  I am grateful for Mark and Chris giving me a chance in SCW.  Also for not firing me for pushing the envelope from time to time.  The next month I will enjoy the last few shows and go out and perform for the fans that show up.

Joshua Acquin

===

“So people would like to say I have gotten into a match that I can’t win.  My mouth has gotten me a match that I have to win in order to get what I want.  Well I have  to say I hate it when others use my name.  Question my motives into why I am doing something.  Amy is a good friend, she is like my sister and I am like her brother.  If there is one thing people have got to know about me is how I like to give great gifts and I am one that will go out of my way to ensure that people know that I care.  Why do I do this?  I do it because I am Joshua Acquin.”

Joshua paces around the ring.

“Now as I have stated before someone has use my name that I don’t know nor respect.  However this person is a female and SCW doesn’t allow male vs female matches.  However I know two women that would love to help me out and this same female tag team has a male counterpart.  No I am not talking about the Bad Boys and Girls.  I am talking of a group that is lower than they were.  Now I have to find a partner and I am at no shortage of people looking to help me.  I also would like to point out that I am a two time SCW Tag Team Champion in my own right.”

Joshua raises up one finger on his hand.

“Only one of the members of the London Underground had the gall to respond to my tweet and also step up and challenge me to a one on one match.  Boy I think you are getting in over your head.  You think you are going to grace me with your presence and come over to the singles realm?  You don’t know what you are getting into for this match.  You will have no one watching your back.  You have to do the whole match on your own and  no one to tag if you get tired.  No one to break up a pin attempt.  No one able to help you get to the rope to break up a submission hold.  It will be me, you, and no one else.  I will enjoy taking you for a ride around this ring.”

Joshua waits for the fans to quiet down.

“I have been on both sides of the tag team and singles scene and I will let you know one thing.  You are not ready for me.  I have been in this ring for a long time.  I have had matches that people hurt watching what happens in them.  I have gotten scars all over from my matches I have had.  I had a match with the ropes replaced with razor wire.  I have had a match where I have had a mirror broken over my face.  I have given my body for everyone here.”

Joshua rest for a moment taking a sip of water.

“In my time here at SCW I have faced almost everyone on the roster.  Hall of Famers, soon to be Hall Of Famers, pretenders, one timers.  My question to you is who are you?  I have an idea along with the match at CC200 why not think of this while you sip your tea and munch on your stones.  London Underground put both Tag Championship up.”

Joshua waits for the fans to stop cheering an booing from what he lastsaid.

“Now people are asking who will I choose for my partner at CC200 when I win this match.  Will I go with an oldie as in Lucan Frost or heaven forbid Steve Ramon?  Will I take my brother Austin in the match?  Will I take James into the match?  Will I… You know what when it happens you all will know and the London Underground will become the London Overground as they will be back over in London.”

Joshua laughs before regaining his composure.

“Enough about that but I will tell you Ms. Elliot funny thing is how England’s most eligible bachelor didn’t choose a Brit.  He chose an American.  You guys still can’t get over losing the 13 colonies to good old George Washington.  Then you had a go at us again in 1812 and got your asses handed to you again.  Then World War I and World War II we had to save you.  You know what I think we could make a deal for some land swapping give us the Turks and Caicos Islands and the British Virgin Islands and I think we could part with California, Oregon, and Washington state.  That will give you about three times as much land as before.  But you have to keep the people that live there.  They have the same views as most of you have so it is a win win all around.”

Joshua takes a deep breath before he speaks again.

“Given What will happen shortly to SCW, people have asked me what I plan on doing.  I don’t fully know yet.  Am I going to retire? Short answer no, I don’t plan on that.  I am here till the end, I still have a contracted to work here and I have enjoyed it.  Are there things I have regreated doing here in SCW?  Hell no I would do everything as I did before.  I am an entertainer and as long as I put on a good show for the fans I could care less about wins and losses.  Sure losses hurt a little bit but it is part of the show.  Am I mad that I only got to hold the Tag Team Championships?  No, I have came close to a singles belt but as longs as it is a good show is all that matters to me.”