Author Topic: AUSTIN JAMES MERCER v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
AUSTIN JAMES MERCER v HELLUVA BOTTOM CARTER
« on: February 27, 2023, 02:43:07 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline HBCarter

• The Hardcore Bottom
    • View Profile
    • Sin City Wrestling
The Chronicles Of Carter Act 1; Scene 1
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 08:27:29 PM »
The Chronicles of Carter
Act 1; Scene 1

Carter stood in front of the full-length mirror in the bedroom that Miles Kasey had allowed him to stay in for as long as he wished, until he had saved up enough to once again have a place to call his own. Carter had gotten out of the shower in the adjoined bathroom not ninety minutes ago, and had taken a painstaking amount of time just deciding what to wear. He was cutting this close, as he had finally decided on a lavender, button-up shirt, dark gray dress slacks and a matching pair of dress shoes that had only seen the light of day once, maybe twice before this day. And just in case anyone out there was wondering…

No, Carter was not getting ready for a date with Miles. Not this early in the day, although one could be forgiven for coming to such a conclusion. Carter had spent more time getting ready today than he had for any evening out with his boyfriend; reason being that while Carter loved looking nice for his man, even expected it of himself, Miles was not the judgmental sort and would be just as happy at his not wearing anything as he would be with him dressed up - and we mean that! But where he was going, well - he was going to be judged. In fact, not only was it expected, but he was paying the person to do so.

Trust me, you’ll understand soon enough.

Running the fingers of both hands through his freshly washed, lavender scented hair, Carter reached over blindly to grab the fine tooth comb to run one last time through his blonde tresses before he considered himself satisfied. Setting the comb down, he took a deep breath and slowly let it out, not looking forward to where he was going and for what reasons. This day was not his own idea, but a personal request of his mother’s, seconded by Grams which only sealed the deal further.

Grabbing his purple, faux fur jacket with white and gold accents from the back of the chair, Carter took the garment in the bend of his arm and exited his bedroom. He stepped out into the hallway and made his way toward the foyer when he heard the tell-tale whistle from Miles that did his ego proud, as Miles was appreciative of what he was laying his eyes on. In fact, Miles came up from behind Carter and snaked his muscled arms around his waist from behind, reeling him in for a close cuddle.

“Now how come you don’t dress up for me like this more often?” Miles teased, his chin nestled on the curve between Carter’s neck and shoulder.

To which Carter answered cheekily, “Mostly because it seems pointless to get dressed up when you usually have me out of my clothes in record time anyway!”

“Hunh…” Miles paused for a moment, before he nodded in a relenting gesture of acknowledgement, saying “Fair point.” Before finally prying himself away and going back across the living room to retrieve his gym bag. Miles was something of a gym rat, hitting the weights several times a week in order to maintain his taut, impressive physique. So color him surprised when Carter had informed him that this time he would be unable to go with. Carter always did his work outs at the GO Gym, but that fact never stopped him from attending Miles’s workout sessions – usually with a pair of binoculars and something cool to drink to keep from overheating.

"You sure you don't want to go to the gym with me?" Miles asked, standing upright and turning about face with that familiar coy twinkle in his sapphire-blue eyes. The corner of his lips turned upward as he offered, "We could do that trick with the mats while I do my squats?"

THAT certainly caught Carter's attention at full spring- er, swing, as he stood upright and asked with an arched eyebrow, "The same trick that almost cost you your gym membership?"

Miles chuckled as he walked past Carter, pausing long enough to whisper in his ear, "It would have been so worth it!" Gaining an involuntary shudder from the delightful chill running up the spine of young Carter.

“Well, you know I’d love to.” Carter admitted. “But I’ve had this doctor’s appointment scheduled two weeks ago.” As he slipped an arm into his jacket sleeve, allowing Miles to ask him, “Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?”

“It’s not necessary.” Carter replied, turning around to face a concerned Miles. “It’s not for anything serious. If it was, I’d tell you.”

“Promise?”

“Cross my heart!” Carter laughed as Miles pulled him into his arms for a quick cuddle. Miles held him tight and said, “Well, so long as you’ll be at the doctor’s, make sure to get up to date on your vaccines.”

“That came from out of nowhere!” Carter laughed. “Why do I need to get updated on that?”

“Well, you know how I have to head home to London for that show this coming week?” Miles asked, to which Carter nodded that he indeed did remember. Miles competing in his home city of London for the first time in what had to be forever was a big enough deal, but tack onto that he was a participant in the PWS: Apex Demon’s Rum Rumble just made the excitement soaring toward the heavens above.

“Well,” Miles answered thoughtfully, with a touch of hope on his face. “I was thinking that if you didn’t have any other commitments, that maybe you’d like to go with me?”

“Go with you?” Carter’s eyebrows slowly rose toward the hairline as Miles’s words were sinking in. “You want me to go with you to London?”

Miles didn’t answer outright. He had little to no need. The smile on his face spoke volumes. Carter seemed uncharacteristically speechless, prompting Miles to laugh and ask, “So? You told me once you’ve never been…”

“I know, Miles.” Carter started to stammer. “B-but I’m supposed to be saving for my own place and…”

“Ugh!” Miles threw his head back and rolled his eyes, doing so both to show his amusement and to hide the disappointment at the idea of Carter feeling the need or desire to move out and into his own place. Having him here with him in Vegas had been nothing short of fulfilling in heart and soul. “I figured you’d play the money card but that’s not something you need to worry about!”

“Miles, you’re not paying my way.” Carter shook his head. “You know me. If I can’t pay my own way for something, then I just don’t do it.”

“Well, I AM paying for our flight to New York.” Miles stated matter-of-factly, not giving Carter the chance to deny the fact. “But that’s the beauty of being on the in with people who have their own private jets. I already got the all-clear. Vegas to New York, and then New York to London where you can be my personal cheerleader…”

Carter quipped, “I prefer to think of myself as your athletic supporter.” And causing Miles to choke on whatever he was going to say next. Miles just smiled and shook his head at Carter’s wit before continuing, “So? You’re going with me?”

Carter found it damn near impossible to say no to Miles on any given day under any circumstance, even if he wanted to - and in this case? He didn’t want to say anything of the sort. Carter found himself feeling that smoldering sense of warmth whenever Miles had him in his arms. Carter just nodded, that simple gesture being more than enough. Until, that is, he piped up with, “But I’m NOT eating steak and kidney pie!”

“Oh come on!” Miles pouted. “You told me you wanted to try authentic British food and that’s a must!”

Carter cringed, “Hey, say what you will about Ari’s cooking but at least she stays away from the urinary tract!”

“Hey!” Miles playfully slapped him on the ass before stealing a kiss and ushering him toward the door so that he wouldn’t be any later for his doctor’s appointment than he already was.

“I hate this. I didn’t lie to Miles, but I wasn’t entirely honest either. I am going to the doctor - a doctor rather, but for different reasons than I’m sure he thinks. Gabriel and Odette expect an annual physical for the use of their gym, even from students who had long since graduated, but I had that done at the very start of the year. Dropped my drawers, coughed - the whole routine. And while the doctor said I could use more muscle on my body for the hell I put myself through inside of the ring, that’s not something I’m really looking to accomplish. But I digress…”

“I didn’t tell Miles about this and what’s been troubling me because that lovely man has a heart the size of the state of Nevada, and if he thought anything was wrong, he’d do whatever it took to make things right. Which isn’t a bad thing when it comes to a boyfriend or even a friend. But when one of those things he does to make you feel better is to take your pain and your problems and make both his own - well, that’s where I start acting the protective role myself. With as much hell as I’ve been through since last year, this was just something I had to do and I didn’t want him feeling that he had to step in and protect me from something that right now, I can’t even put a finger on. The problem is, right now even I don’t know what’s wrong with me deep down. I can’t put him through any more unnecessary drama. I won’t.”

“Carter McKinney?” The voice drew Carter’s attention up from his phone and toward the older woman standing at the open office door. Carter stood up and she smiled a welcoming smile as she stepped back and gave him the space to walk into her office, closing the door behind her…

Gail Delacore
LMHC - NCC

“Austin James Mercer.”

“Three words I never thought I’d hear after my introductions with the words ‘and his opponent’! And for that, I have to admit I had been eternally grateful. There was a point in time that I would have said I was looking forward to getting my hands on Austin - pun intended. There was a point in time where I have to say I wouldn’t be as worried then as I am now at stepping inside of the ring against him. Not for confidence or arrogance on my part in believing I’d win, but more so for personal preservation. A couple of years ago, I would say with confidence that were I up against Austin, he’d fight to win but he wouldn’t go out of his way to hurt me or any opponent that he set foot inside of the ring with. Unfortunately, I can’t say that any longer.”

“Austin now fits the moniker perfectly as a monster here in SCW. His stature, his strength - and just his general ‘go out there and main every opponent’ attitude that he carries with him these days. Austin wants to hurt anyone he’s up against, taking his own anger and pain and frustrations out on any poor schmo he’s booked against with the misguided belief that if he has to be in pain emotionally, then his opponents have to suffer physically. And unfortunately – this time I’m the poor schmo.”

“Austin… what happened to you? You’ve changed, and not for the better. I mean, granted I didn’t know you personally before save for random locker room chatter and that was all just hearsay from my days in SCU. By the time they closed down and SCW snatched me up, it was already too late to say or do anything that might offer you any comfort from friend or peer alike. I hate to admit it but I’m not a friend, because I can’t say I really know you as a person. Just as a peer, but I can say what I do see, what I have come to know… man? It scares me. Not because of what you could do to me in our match, and that is a little intimidating I admit, but because of the road you’ve been down with no end in sight! You’ve even practically abandoned your own friends in Wolfslair, Austin! Alex and Alicia and Miles and Lachlan … they’ve been there for you through the good times and the bad and you’ve turned your nose up at them! They’re your brothers and sisters… you have an entire locker room filled with men who respect you and would be there to help if you’d just let them - myself included! But the only thing you seem to be interested in is driving people away, and the faster and more pain inflicted, the better! You’re better than that, Austin! Better than this! The things you’ve done to the men you've been up against, the battered bodies and broken bones … that’s not the real you. The pain that you inflict on others who are just trying to earn a living the exact same way that you are – do you seriously think that will help? Do you think it’s going to accomplish anything - make you feel any better? You have a hole inside of you, a hole that you think violence is going to fill. But all that violence is going to manage is to make that gaping void bigger and bigger with no hope of healing it.”

“But here’s the thing; intimidated as I am and I won’t lie and say I’m not concerned, I am not going to just roll over and show belly. If you thought there was any chance of that happening, then you haven’t paid even the slightest bit of attention. I haven’t even been a full fledged member of the SCW roster for a full year yet, but I am pretty proud of everything that I’ve managed to accomplish so far. I’ve gotten a few wins against some credible vets and former champions. ‘Bulldog’ Bill Barnhart? My match against him showed I can handle a fight with a grizzled veteran who is as great a brawler as he is a technical wrestler. And my latest singles win? Against Vinnie? Austin, he is the same size and weight as you are, and then take a look at me; I’m half his size. I’m half YOUR size! And I still won! Granted, you might have more of a killer instinct than what Vinnie has, but the fact is I was able to go all David on that Goliath and if I could do it once to the man that had your number, I can do it to the man himself!”

“Do you know what the key is to beating your fears, Austin? It’s not burying them deep down. It’s facing them, and beating them. The real Austin James Mercer is still in there - somewhere. I’m going to find the man I joked with and bring him back out if I have to do it kicking and screaming.’

"The bravest thing you can be is yourself."

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Pain
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 08:49:02 PM »
Crossing the line

The lightning crashed, the rain fell. The room was quiet, dead, no one was home.

The sound of a car engine and the headlights give us a clue as to an arrival. The doors slam shut, two of them, voices from outside get closer and closer as keys jingle and the door opens, two men step in. The taller one laughs and turns flicking on the lights. They take off their jackets and move through the room.

Two single beds, an old television. A telephone on a nightstand and a door going into a small bathroom. This was a motel room, a low budget one.

The walls were yellowed on top, the smoke detector was hanging as someone had disabled it to smoke in the room, which aided in the yellowing off the roof and the walls. The furniture was chipped, the finish was peeling off the nightstand and the door to the bathroom was damaged, the plywood was coming off the frame. The taller of the two men sat down on his bed, gtrabbing his phone and flicking through it. ”Man, I can’t believe we had to put up with that shit, what was the deasl with that Detective…what was his name?...”

The other one scoffed as he moved to the bathroom door, before entering answering his friend. ”Paloma.”

The taller one laughed and grunted. ”Yeah, thats it. The dude was such a dick, he grilled me for hours man…what about you?”

”They left me in a room with just that annoying ass two way mirror, I didn’t know if they were watching me….but I almost fell asleep, joke was on them.” He went to open the door, pushing it forward, he turned facing the bathroom before exclaiming. ”HEY WHO THE FU-” A loud smacking sound is heard echoing through the room, the sound of skin and bone cracking against one another. The man stumbles back and lands on the floor, the taller one shoots up and moves forward before being hit with a shot from something harder than skin and bone.

A wooden baseball bat.

He falls down, unconscious as the other one tries to scrambled to his feet getting to the door, as he pulls it back a large hand shoots out, slamming it shut before spinning him around and hitting him with the baseball bat too causing everything to go black.

”Hey princess…time to wake up”

The second man stirs, groaning, opening his eyes. ”Why…what…the fuck is this?” He struggles, pushing against the chair to get up, unable to movie it takes a few moments for him to realise he is bound to it, his hands behind his back. He keeps struggling before a large man in front of him laughs. ”Who the fuck arr you?” He turns and looks at the taller mabn, also bound to a chair but still unconscious. ”Tez?....TEZ WHAT THE SHIT?” A third chair scraps along the floor, with ease it gets spun around and planted in front of the first man, away from his friend Tez. The large man, dressed in black jeans, a button up white shirt and a black leather jacket over his shoulders.

”Shhhh…let your friend sleep…”

”What do you want man? Who are you?”

He takes a deep breath in and leans forward, clasping his hands together and shaking his head. ”Who am I?....interesting question. I suppose I can tell you a name, what I do as a job, the things in my life that formed me. Or I could tell you who I am to you He pauses, turning his head as the guy looks at him confused. His eyes move sideways looking at Tez, a hand flies up, slapping him in the face. ”Hey, focus. We have a few things to talk about.”

His breathing becomes labored, his chest heaves as he shakes his head. ”Like what man? Like what? What do you want?

”What do I want?” He nods slowly and laughs under his breath, running a hand through his hair. ”Well, I want a happy family. I want my wife back, I want my children to have a mother…I want my smile back…” He speaks through his teeth in a increasingly aggressive and unhinged manner. The other man stumbles, having no idea what to say as he looks away. ”Can you give that to me?...Ryan?”

The realization hit him, this guy knew his name, he knew who he was. This was not random, it was targeted. ”Come on man, I have no idea what you want, I can’t…”

”Shhhh” He reaches out, patting Ryan on the head. ”You are going to tell me everything you know about Lisa Mercer.”

He swallowed hard, he looked over at Tez then back to Austin. ”I have no idea who that is man” Another slap, harder this time. ”What the shit man? I told you I dunno Lisa Mercer” This time it was a closed fist, his head snapped back, blood started to drip from his nose.

”You know, if you are going to lie to me, you could atleast do a better job.” Austin pushed off the chair and got to his feet moving to the side of the bed grabbing the baseball bat and tapping it on the edge of the bedframe. ”I want you to ask yourself something Ryan, if you fail to tell me, and then I wake Terry boy over there up, and he sees what I have done to you…will he be more eager to tell me what I want to know? Do you think?” Ryan swallowed hard and looked over at Tez, Austin raised the baseball bat up, placing it on Ryans shoulder. His jaw shook, his body followed.

”Ok.//I=I’ll talk..”

Crush

”Did you all think I was done?”

Austin paced back and forth, he seemed to be angry, anxious, annoyed even.

”I lost to Calvin Harris and I heard all these whispers that Austin James Mercer was done in SCW. I lost to a former world champion and the world was ending. It’s funny to me, cause when have I ever said that wins or losses mattered to me? My goals, my aspirations, my outlook has nothing to do with if I win or lose. It is testing them. I test everyone I gat in the ring with, I tested  Mac, I tested ALexander Raven and I tested Calvin as well as Osbourne. This is my position in the company and it is one that I have chosen.”

“I will do this until I choose to be or do something different.”

“Until I choose to go for something else. But, right now, my life is a mess of contradictions and moments of sadness and anger. I am angry all the time and I try so hard to hide it, to pull it back and to do everything I can to curb it. I hold back in the ring because it is sacred. The ring is a place where competition should happen. Fair, unbiased competition where you enter and the better man or more talented man leaves with their arm raised and their perseverance rewarded.”

“But, is that what really happens? Is this sport really the one my family was such a part of for years? I could have been anything. Done anything. My father wanted something more for me, sent me to the best schools, the best opportunities. He got out of wrestling, he never wanted me in it and now I know why. Just because you want something, just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should get it or do it.”

Austin growls and shakes his head.

”Sometimes you have to do things you may not want to do. I called out Ken Davison, I called out Chris Page and they both ran from me. Despite my string of losses, despite my patchy record in the competition side of things they still ran. Because they know what others do. I’m a fucking monster. I’m not the king of monster like Masque de lune, I’m not like the various masked wannabes who have come and gone recently from this company. I’m something else entirely.”

“I look like everyone else. Even with the tattoos and hair change, if you see me walking down the street the comments might be that I am a “big” guy. But aside from that I just look like a man. A regular guy who is living his life. Especially when I asm with my kids, my sister, my friends….not so much them…I took myself away.”

“But, I look like all of you.”

“This is a mistake that Carter will make.”

“See, I know Carter. I know Carter better than many of you. And not just from the obvious. See, this kid, for months he has had a playful back and forth with me. Making comments, having a laugh about my physical appearance. Well, atleast he did…before I cut my hair, before I decided to get a little ink and shave my beard.”

Austin shook his head and looked away.

”I’ll be clear on this. I don’t want to face you Carter. It’s not because I don’t think you have the talent to beat me, or the talent to walk away with your head high. But the test I talked about is a test through pain and fire. And the fact we are facing each other at Blaze of glory is a little fitting. But, I don’t want to hurt you Carter. I don’t want to go into this match and test you. Because..each time is a test for me to.”

“I test my resolve in holding back. Don’t you get that? Against Osbourne, Mac, Calvin, the others….if I hurt them I wouldn’t care, cause deep down I don’t like them. But you Carter? I like you. I always have. And I like Miles. And I don’t want to make him sad, to make him regret being a part of Wolfslair or a part of the brotherhood we have always had.”

“And if I can’t hold back, if I walk away from Blaze of glory with your blood on my hands, that is what will happen.”

“The thing is, I don’t even need to beat you for that to happen Carter. You could win, you could beat me, but if I don’t hold back, if I don’t pass my test, well….I’ll break you. I’ll hurt you, I will destroy you. And that will be the real tragedy, because I am the worse kind of monster. See, others who have destroyed…hurt…maimed, they don’t care what they do Carter. But I do…I care…and that is pain…”
>