Author Topic: GOTH (c) v MALACHI - Roulette Title  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
GOTH (c) v MALACHI - Roulette Title
« on: February 27, 2023, 02:42:41 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
Re: GOTH (c) v MALACHI - Roulette Title
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 05:41:59 PM »
OOC: Tried something new as the opening part is at certain points similar to the first rp i posted for Melissa. but with a twist that it evolves around what Goth is doing at points when he is alone instead of what Melissa did and was thinking. i hope you will enjoy nonetheless

After the Go Home show – Goth’s perspective

February 26th 2023

It’s late at night, hours after the final Climax Control has ended we see Melissa and Goth get out of the limo and enter their hotel room. Goth picks up the room key while Melissa walks towards the elevator with a disappointed look on her face. Goth turns around as he sees Melissa standing there in front of the elevator, he knew that pose oh so well and decides to do the same thing that he has always done for her in moments like these. He picks up his cell phone and checks for some late messages and notices a message from Kim Pain, telling that they will bring the pain in the Blast From The Past tournament. This causes him to smile as he puts the phone back into his pocket and walks up towards Melissa.

Melissa is waiting for the elevator doors to open as Goth stands next to her, he remains silent as he knows that in this mood that she is in that she is better left alone. So instead he just stares ahead of him, admiring logo of the hotel that was etched into the elevator doors. He had always been a man that loved subtle details like that as it would always distract him from things happening around him. He looks through the corner of his eyes towards Melissa, noticing her biting her lower lip. That is one of the bad habits that she started to do when she was in a bad mood. He wanted to say something, but decides not to when the elevator doors open and the two of them enter the elevator.

Goth presses the button to the top floor to where their hotel room is at as they stand there silently. They had decided to stay the night here before heading over towards the Saviors club house that they had been building in the middle of the Nevada desert. But Melissa always preferred to stay in a hotel after a show before heading “home”. Goth himself had never seen the point of this, the club house was only an hour drive away, but had caved in after understanding why it had meant so much for Melissa.

The elevator doors reopen a few seconds after they had closed on the ground floor, Goth drags the suitcases behind him as Melissa is checking on some messages that she had apparently missed on her cell phone. Goth starts to search the inside pocket with one hand to find the key to their hotel room while dragging along the suitcase. He hears a soft chuckle from Melissa as he looks over his shoulder and notices her smiling at her phone. Assuming that she must have received a text message from Chris Page for the tournament drawing as he remembers being on the phone with him during the drawing that happened. He was glad that he and Melissa had gotten fellow Saviors as their tag team partners int his tournament to crown a new number one contender for both world titles, even though secretly he had wished that he and Melissa had come out of the pairing together.

Goth takes a few more steps before standing still in front of the hotel room door, he looks over his shoulder one more time as he notices that Melissa is several feet behind him as she was clearly distracted by the use of her phone. He shakes his head before turning his attention back towards the door as he pushes the hotel key into the slot to open the door towards their hotel room before turning around and allowing Melissa to enter the hotel room first before him. She gives him a peck on the cheek as this is something she would always do for him before heading over towards the bedroom to fall on top of their bed.

“Want something special to drink Mel??”

He pushes his head inside the bedroom to see if she wants something to drink, but doesn’t even wait for her to answer as he already knows that she wants hot chocolate. He smiles as he heads over towards the coffee machine that also creates some delicious hot chocolate. He enters the ingredients inside the machine before turning it on and waits for it to be ready to pour in some delicious hot chocolate that he knows Melissa would enjoy.  He turns around and looks around the hotel room, he already got bored from the hotel room that they stayed in, he preferred to stay either at home in Manhattan or the Saviors club house as these places  are custom made for his and Melissa’s needs. No matter how much the hotels try to comply to their needs, they never fully make it. His thoughts get distracted when he hears the sound of the coffee machine ending and watches the hot chocolate being poured into the special created cup. He smiles as he grabs the cup of hot chocolate, he smells the flavour that comes from it before turning his head towards the bedroom as he heads over to present her the cup of chocolate.

“Here’s your hot chocolate sweetheart.”

Goth says before giving her a soft kiss on her cheek, she returns the kiss with a smile as she accepts the glass of hot chocolate. Goth walks back to the hotel room as he prepares himself a cup of orange juice, craving for the taste of orange juice as the arena they were staying in didn’t had any. He pours in the cup before turning his head as he hears Melissa talking to someone about him.

“Hi hun, I’m doing fine. Your dad and I just got back in the hotel after the show in Sin City Wrestling. Just relaxing a little and thought I would call my favourite man of the household.”

“I heard that!!!”

He hears them laugh ts his comment as this causes him to smile, he turns his attention towards a pan to boil some soup while he takes a sip from his orange juice. He grabs his cell phone and responds to Kim’s message by sending her a Youtube clip from Judas Priest’s classic “Pain Killer”, knowing that she would enjoy this. He takes a sip from his orange juice before hearing a response on his phone, causing him to look at a GIF of an angry granny screaming. This causes him to laugh as he responds towards her and then puts his phone away into his back pocket before turning his attention towards the soup

“That would take only a few more moments.”

He takes another sip from his cup of orange juice, he walks towards the television and turns on the tv, surfing through some sports channels before turning off the television and throws the remote control on a sofa. He walks around the hotel room before turning his attention back to the pan of soup and notices that it is ready as he pours it inside two bowls for him and Melissa before turning his attention towards the bedroom as he enters it.

“So what’s up with Gerrit?”

He asks Melissa as he hands her a bowl of soup, she grabs it while placing the cup of chocolate on the nightstand next to her.

“He was asking if he could visit us at a show one day, I told him that I would ask you if he could spend the weekend of the show with us. Oh and he would love it if Kim and Kat would pick him up.”

The two share a laugh at the final comment as Goth sits down next to her as the two of them enjoy their own bowl of soup.

“I think that could be arranged, we just have to make sure that he is handcuffed with these two ladies.”

This causes Melissa to burst out in laughter as she nearly spat out some soup that she just put inside her mouth just as Goth made his comment. Goth smiles as he notices Melissa staring at him before shaking her head.

“Poor Gerrit, if he only knew how vicious Kim could be.”

“I am sure that he already knows after watching what she did in that match against Seleana Zdunich. I am sure that none of the ladies in that fatal fourway wants any piece of Kim.”

The two remain silent as they eat their soup and drink their hot chocolate as the shot slowly fades.

The next day

Goth is at the airport, waiting board on the airplane to Manhattan, New York. He wears his patented black Armani suit and black sunglasses while carrying a small suitcase. Every five he checks on his watch to see how much more time he needs to wait before boarding the airplane, a nervous twitch that he showcases when he flies back home to visit the grave of his dead wife. Something that he does every few months when his busy schedule allows him to do so, searching for that emotional connection that he had shared with her for a majority of his life.

We see Goth turn his head sideways as he heard some voices, afraid that he was being recognized by fans. Only to sigh of relief as he notices that a couple has jumped into each other’s arms as one of them has exited the portal from the airplane.

“Stop losing your sanity Gerrit.”

He says to himself as he scratches the back of his neck, trying to collect his thoughts as he is very tired from a bad night of sleeping. He finally decides to take a seat on an empty bench that gives him a clear view of the portal that he has to enter in 30 minutes, he slowly sits down as he casually looks from left to right whether some people had noticed him. He neve made an issue of taking some to spend time with his fans, but this moment is just too emotional for him. Knowing that today is his deceased wife’s birthday and he wanted to spent some time with her before focussing on his first Roulette title defence. He reaches down into he pocket of his jacket and grabs his cell phone to check for messages. He notices a sweet message from Melissa, wishing him luck with the trip as she was planning to work out with Kim Pain.

He smiles, he could not have asked for anyone better than her. Throughout the years that he and Melissa had been together has brought them really close together, something that he had considered to be a blessing from above. He looks a bit longer on the screen of his cell phone as he suddenly notices a shadow fall over him, causing him to slowly look upwards.

“Forgive me sir, is this from you?”

A young man stands in front of Goth, somewhere in his early 20’s holding a rather expensive watch in his hands that Goth recognizes to be his. His reaction is to lift his hand towards his wrist where his watch needs to be and feels nothing but his wrist.

“Yes, thank you. How?”

The young man hands him the watch with a smile upon his face before sitting down next to Goth as he quickly puts the watch back around his wrist.

“I had noticed you taking the watch off your wrist when you were washing your hands after leaving the toilet, but you forgot to put it back on again.”

Goth remembers that moment and indeed realizes that he had walked away without concerning himself about his watch. He places his hands to his head and groans in anguish.

“You okay sir?”

The young man asks as his gaze is filled with genuine concern as Goth raises his head from his hands with a nod .

“Yeah, I am alright. Thank you…”

Goth says, clearly lying as he immediately gets up from the bench and walks towards the portal. He realizes that there is still some more time left before he can board on the plane, but he didn’t wanted to get into a conversation with anyone else. He turns around a corner and leans with his back against the wall while letting out a sigh. He places a hand around the wrist where he feels the wrist still attached to it. His wrist is shaking as he is sweating and breathing heavy. The thought that he nearly had lost the watch that he had received from his deceased wife caused him to burst out in tears. The watch was his favourite one as it was a memory to his wife, as she had given this to him on their 15 year anniversary, it was the last anniversary that they had shared before she was diagnosed with cancer.

“Calm down Gerrit, we had an angel watching over us.”

He shakes his head and blinks his eyes, he feels his throat dry up as he looks around to see if he can find something to drink when realizes that it is finally time for him to board the airplane. He cocks his head from left to right, taking a deep breath before walking towards boarding the plane.

Manhattan, New York

Goth is standing in front of the gave of his wife, he had placed several flowers in the vase that stands in front of the headstone, admiring the picture that he himself had picked out to have been placed inside the headstone behind glass. He has his hands behind his back, holding on to his black gloves in his left hand while trying to keep him from crying in front of the woman he had loved for such a long time.

“Hello Chantal.”

It’s the same opening sentence that he always used when visiting his deceased wife’s grave, as if she is waiting for him to talk to her on he deathbed. It was something that he had done quite some time when the moment had come that she was unable to openly respond to him during he final days of he life. He had shared so much time with her, hoping against better judgment that somehow his love would give her the energy to fight against this terrible disease. He knew now that it was a selfish deed, but then again he had only loved her throughout his life and was afraid to head on with his life without her.

“I want you to know that Melissa and I are going to marry this year…..”

The words come from his lips with a certain amount of doubt and nerves, as if he feels like he is betraying the love of the woman that he shared his life with. Quickly reminding himself that she had told him that he had to find love with someone else, words that had slapped him in the face harder than any blast he had received from whatever wrestler he had faced in his career. But he knows now that she was right, she had often told him that he had too much love to share and it would be a waste if he never got to share it with someone else. Someone like Melissa.

“It had taken me a long time to finally have the opportunity to ask her, we got….. distracted a few times.”

He starts to laugh at the mere mention of the distractions as Candy somehow managed to interfere with them.

“I’m sure that you had a front row seat up there while watching us fail.   ]”

He pinks a tear away while chuckling to himself, holding on tight to his wrist of the hand that is holding on to the gloves. He looks up in the sky, trying to blink the tears out of his eyes before letting out a real big sigh.

“It’s so fucking conflicting for me at times Chantal, you left this world and I couldn’t contain myself anymore. I blamed the world at first for what has happened to you, then I blamed myself. And all I could remember was those words of you telling me to find new love.”

He is struggling to keep his tears away as finally the tears start to flow as he puts his left hand to his face. He remains silent for a few minutes before inhaling deeply and looks back at the headstone once more.

“I didn’t wanted to leave your loving memory for someone else, but I know now that I was merely an idiot. I have enough love for everyone, including you my dear beloved wife. And that’s why I finally asked her, that’s why I finally found the courage and strength to move on with my life. So that’s why I am here, to thank you in believing in me.”

He remains standing there, staring at the loving picture of his deceased wife, his facial expression is a mixture of emotions and still trying to maintain a tough look.

“I am also here to tell you first, that I intend to wrestle until the moment is right for me to finally retire for good. To walk away from Sin City Wrestling for good as an active competitor. To be there for my son, to be there for the career of Melissa… to be there for the rest of the Saviors and CCPE. But until that moment comes there is still a few things I need to do. To maintain Roulette champion as long as possible, to win the Blast From The Past and headline shows as once again a world heavyweight champion. And if someone had told me this shortly before or after your passing, I would have told them that they were crazy. I would have told them that they needed to get the fuck out of my life. But here I am Chantal, renewed… some say that I am better than I have ever been before. And I have this all to thank to one person, that’s you.”

Goth kneels as he grabs something out of his pocket, he holds it in his hands as it is hidden for the camera to see. He stares at it for a few moments before attaching it to the headstone near the picture of his wife before walking off. The camera turns towards the grave as we see a silver necklace of an angel dangling around the picture of his dead wife before the shot slowly fades.

Roulette Title Defence

We are back at the clubhouse from the Saviors as Goth is sitting down on his king sized bed, Melissa has left to do some stuff with his son as he is sitting there bare chested and looking down at the Roulette championship belt.

“I never thought I would end up being the one that has held the most title reigns in this company, it still feels so surreal to me. And I am sure that if you ask the casual fans what wrestler would have held the most titles?? Then I am sure that I would not have been their number one option.”

Goth lowers his face, takes a deep sigh as he pulls back his hair with both hands while never tearing his eyes away from his championship belt.

“I’m no J2H, I’m no Kris Ryans, I am no Gabriel, Jack Washington, no fancy wrestler that has got something that would allow the imagination of the fans go wild. And if I could be honest with myself?? I really don’t care anymore. There was a moment in time that I would’ve cared, that I would have stated the obvious that I am just as big or even bigger than any of these names. But that’s because it felt as if reality was slipping through my fingers and I couldn’t stop it even if I wanted to. It actually started to hurt me that nobody was referring me as a legend like those other names. Nobody wants to have a once in a lifetime match against me…. Because in their eyes my time has passed or I never had it in the first place.”

“And you know what?? I started to believe that.”

Goth reaches his right hand forward, grabs hold of the leather strap and lifts the belt up high from one end of the belt as the other nearly touches the bedsheets.

“this is the fourth time that I am holding this belt as champion, four times. It’s funny how I remember hearing Melissa tell Jessie Salco that she will be stuck forever in that division… and look at me now?? I guess life does have a way to showcase irony in a strange way doesn’t it? But to me it is something completely different.”

He holds the championship belt only inches in front of his face as his face shows no sign of emotion whatsoever.

“This belt represents another opportunity for me, I mean since returning to the company I have held the Mixed tag team championships, Internet title and now this one. I just hope that my fortune will be a more awarding one than the others…. Not to have them lost at the first title defence like the other two.”

He grinds his teeth in anguish as he shakes his head.

“But of course I can tell the world that today is a different day, that the past is the past and the future looks bright. But then I would be a hypocrite wouldn’t I??? I would be telling myself that there’s no chance in hell for me to lose this belt, only to realize that I need to go through this when I face you for this championship belt in a matter of just days don’t we Malachi?? A returning name from the days of SCU, I could say a lot of things to you Malachi. But firs tof all, I should say welcome. “

“Now that I have shown you respect and a few nice words makes me realize that I can finally get to the point, the point of telling you what you can expect this coming Sunday. T’he question I need to ask is, are you ready???”

He closes his eyes after draping the championship belt back on the bed in front of him as he leans against the pillows and spreads his hair all across it.

”What can you expect? I’m not going to talk about how I am going to beat you, humiliate you and slap on whatever wrestling move that I could think off. Because quite frankly, I get bored listening to people as if they are a broken record and have no damn passion in their hearts. Passion that people have doubted me from since I returned to wrestling in late 2021. Telling me that it was nice to have seen me on show 300 of this company, but that I needed to go back to anonymity…. Because I would not mount to anything resembling of what I had done in the past.”

“I don’t know how you would react to things like that after being in this industry since 2003…. But that was something that I allowed to mentally break me in the last few months before my eventual retirement. Nowadays?? I will just accept that the views of these young kids these days are not what I had been taught when I was that young. But what do they know I ask you??”

“And then I look at you, a returning house hold name from SCU. A multi champion, a man that has been undefeated since his return. Facing someone that I thought would have been next in line for this title…. But I guess I just have to say that I was happily surprised to see that there is still fight and passion in people to become a champion. But that is where the nice words ends my friend.”

Goth closes his hands to fists as he tenses his arms as a shiver runs down his spine before him letting out a sigh and smiles.

“You see Malachi, even though some people would say that this title reign is beneath me. That it is beneath my hall of fame career to hold a lower tier championship belt. And to people like that I have got only one thing to say, that all of them can just go to hell. Because I don’t give a shit whether this is a lower tier, mid card belt or whatever in between. It is my direction BACK to the world title…. And all I can do to make things interesting is just roll the dice and watch whether the ball ends up on red… or black.”

Goth refers to the roulette wheel significantly present upon the championship belt, referring to the roulette wheel that gets spun before every single match in determine the stipulation of the match.

“It will all be a mere guess on whether it will be a simple all out brawl, a wrestling clinic or merely the fact that I have to draw first blood to walk away from this match STILL Roulette champion. What a joyful occasion would that be, to have the bells ring and nearly angels singing while doves fly off with a flower in their beaks…. Representing peace in our hearts and souls.”

Goth suddenly bursts out in laughter after uttering those words.

“AND THAT’S EXACTLY WHERE I DIFFERANGE!!! Because who cares about peace and quiet?? Only sentimental fools that believe that their careers are onloy beginning!!! Are you one of those Malachi??? Or are you merely riding the coattails of what you once were back in the day???”

“I have to admit, I have not much recollection of your past accomplishments in SCU. The few names that I remember were the names of those who I used to have fought alongside or against in the past. Those who I merely have accepted as people that wanted to wind down their careers in a fashion that made me sick. People like Lord Raab, oh yeah… the man that once was a world and internet champion. A man that was once referred and respected for his viciousness. Now a man that earns scrap to remain relevant and buy himself something to eat.”

“And what is it in these words that resembles to you Malachi?? Nothing, nothing instead of just merely a memory. Because every single time that I heard your name, was the mere fact that I could not help but think what I would have done to a man like Raab. A man that I considered a friend!! A trustworthy man!! A man that I invested time and energy in, hoping that one day he could take over from me…. And he ran like a little bitch. I guess now why a mask comes in handy for him don’t we???”

“And those feelings will be interjected upon my desire to beat you Malachi. Call it sado masochistic… call it whatever you want… all that I get from it is satisfaction and nothing more than pleasure. Pleasure to know that when I beat the living shit out of you, that I would not look back at a career that could have meant something, but more the mere satisfaction knowing that I have been right all along.”

He shows a sinister smile on his face before looking down at the championship belt.

“Has it ever crossed your mind that this would be the direction that this conversation I am trying to start would turn to Malachi?? Of course you would be unable to think past the thought of whether you should turn left or right. Because these are the simple questions that people like you could ask themselves and remain relevant. To have people look at you and say that this was the man that thought Goth in his first title defence. See Malachi, I already made you even more relevant than Lord Raab would ever be if he ever dared to step foot inside this company once again. “

“Even people like Amy Santino, a woman that I respect… so nothing but good thoughts and vibes towards her. But that should have never been the direction that she should have gone through. To lower themselves for people like you…. Because that’s what legends of this company willing did to themselves in the hope of having one home grown talent make it in this company. I guess you are one of the new names that try their best to find a pot of gold to take home with them.”

“If I can give you some good advice Malachi…, keep on searching. Try once more as Spring is in the air and everyone gets a little bit crazy as if they got butterflies int heir stomachs. Because this time you will survive the cold winter days that I will bring to the dance and crush your hopes and dreams in an instant. So please, entertain me with the thought that I could be wrong… And I will show the world why I am the man that holds this Roulette championship.”

With that the shot fades as Goth can be seen smiling sadistically.

>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
    • Malachi
Re: GOTH (c) v MALACHI - Roulette Title
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:42:22 PM »
March 9
Manhattan, New York

He still couldn’t get over the sight of the ornate industrial-style building that housed his friend Mattie Cormier’s new fashion design studio. It was hard to believe to Malachi that the feisty Latina girl that used to hang around backstage at wrestling shows sewing gear for him and his friends and family in the wrestling world now had her own fashion house, and was poised to unveil her debut collection to the world. Even if people thought of him as a grumpy asshole, he’d always had a soft spot for Mattie, and thought of her almost like a little sister. Of course, it helped that she was best friends with his wife and his actual sister, as well.

When he arrived at the studio, he was surprised to find it completely empty. With a puzzled expression on his face, he took a few tentative steps inside, wondering if he got the days mixed up. “Hello?” he called out, his voice echoing in the empty space.

The sound of heels above him had him looking up towards the lofted office space, and he was confused to see not Mattie, but rather her assistant Claire above him. She gave him a bright smile and a wave. “Hey Mal! Come on up!

He shrugged his shoulders and headed up the staircase at the side of the studio, walking towards Mattie’s studio where Claire was standing, her iPad as always in hand. “Sorry about the lack of…well, anyone. While Ms. Cormier was away in London this past week, she gave all the designers some time off. They’d been working tons of hours to get her first collection out.

That’s kind of her,” he said. “But I thought she was due back now? Pretty sure today was the day she wanted me to come by for the fitting of my new gear.

Oh, she’s back. Just running a little late, is all. Probably still recovering from the jet lag.” Claire clutched the iPad to her chest, her big brown eyes blinking slowly at him. “If you like, I can get you started. I know where Ms. Cormier has your new gear stashed. You can start to try it on. I’m sure she’ll be here in a little bit.

Mal gave a shrug of his shoulders. “Well, beats standing around, I guess. Lead the way.

A bright smile appeared on her face as she took the lead towards the back of the loft where the changing rooms were. He remembered it from the last time he had been here with Bella…just before the pay-per-view that had changed the trajectory of their lives. The memory brought a soft smile to his face as they made their way past the kitchen/cafeteria area.

Do you want a drink or something before we get started?” Claire asked, gesturing to the room.

Mal shook his head. “Nah, I’m set.

They continued on to the fitting area, and Claire walked over to a set of doors against the far right wall. She typed a code into an electronic keypad and pulled on the door handle, revealing a wardrobe stuffed full of what appeared to be wrestling gear. All different colours and types of fabric could be seen, and Mal let out a low whistle. “Hard to believe she still has time to make all this stuff for us when she’s a big time fashion designer now.

Well, a lot of this is stuff she’s made over the years. Things she’s had ideas for, but no one in particular in mind to wear them. She keeps them for just the right occasions…at least, that’s what she tells me.” Claire rifled through a few hangers, pulling some things out and immediately putting them back. “Ah, here it is!” She lifted out one hanger that had a mid-length sleeveless hooded jacket in a deep green colour hanging from it. Claire opened the zipper on the jacket and in a clear bag attached to the hanger was a matching pair of trunks in his preferred style as well as kickpads to go over his boots and knee pads as well. She held it up with a flourish. “Ta-da! Ms. Cormier’s latest piece de resistance!

Mal took the hanger from her hands, staring at the gear in awe. “Just when I think she couldn’t do any better, she goes and proves me wrong.” He chuckled. “I swear, that woman must have made a deal with the Devil or something, with the talent she has.

Claire giggled a bit. “Well, don’t just stand there! Try it on!” She gave him a gentle push in the direction of the changing stalls, and he walked over to them. Locking the door behind him, he quickly changed out of his street clothes and into the new gear. He left off the kick pads and knee pads for the time being, but as he slipped the jacket over his arms to settle it across his shoulders, he already knew this may well be one of his favourite sets of gear so far. It fit perfectly, and the material felt luxurious but also durable. He unlocked the door and stepped out into the main area, making his way over to the set of mirrors on the far side of the room.

He heard a gasp behind him, and turned to see Claire with her hands over her mouth and her brown eyes wide. “Oh my gosh! You look amazing! One of Ms. Cormier’s finest works to date!

When Claire walked up to approach him, her foot became tangled in a pile of random fabric that had been on the floor, and she began to fall forward with a little scream. But quick as a flash, Mal had darted forward and tried to catch her before she hit the floor. But as he did so, he ended up tumbling himself, and the two of them landed together on the floor, him on his back and her on his chest. She looked up at him almost shyly. “Are you OK? I can’t believe I just did that! I’m such a klutz!

I’m fine. Professional wrestler, remember?” He gave a wink. “Are you OK, though?

I think so. My foot got caught in that fabric, and I think I might have twisted my ankle a bit.” She was still lying on his chest, her hands pressed against him. He felt a little awkward, so he gently shifted her off to the side so that he could sit up. For a moment, he thought he caught a look of disappointment across her face, but then she looked down to her foot and gently touched it with her hand, wincing slightly. “Yeah, it’s a bit sore. Do you think you could help me to the kitchen so I can get some ice for it?

Yeah, of course.” He got to his feet and lifted her up into his arms, carrying her out of the dressing room and out into the hallway. They had just rounded the corner to go to the kitchen, when a light cough drew their attention. They glanced up to see Mattie standing just in front of them, coffee in hand and an eyebrow raised.

Oh, Ms. Cormier!” Claire squeaked in surprise, her cheeks flushing slightly pink. “Mal got here a bit early, so I just thought I’d get him to start trying on the new gear, and then I tripped and I twisted my ankle, and he was just helping me to -

Mattie held up a hand, and Claire stopped mid-sentence. “I told you I was just in line at Starbucks and I would be here soon.” She let out a sigh. “Well, what’s done is done. Better get some ice on that ankle. I’ll be in the dressing room when you’re done, Mal, so I can see how this gear fits.

Mal gave a nod and walked into the kitchen, gently placing Claire down on a chair. He rummaged around in the drawers and found a small plastic bag, which he filled up with ice from the dispenser on the front of one of the fridges. He walked over and knelt down in front of Claire to rest the bag of ice on the ankle that she had propped up on another chair, and she gave him an apologetic smile. “I hope Ms. Cormier isn’t too mad at you. I just thought I was helping.

Mal gave her a reassuring pat on her shoulder. “It’ll be fine, don’t worry. I’ll just say it was my idea.

She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, though it seemed dangerously close to his lips and lasted just a few seconds too long. “Thank you.

He straightened up and with an awkward smile, he turned and headed out of the kitchen and back to the dressing room.

—-----

A little while later…

Arriving back at his townhouse, Mal tried to put the odd incident with Claire out of his mind as he typed in the passcode on the electronic lock and let himself into the house. Immediately he heard the scrabble of dog paws on the hardwood and he smiled as Luka came dashing towards him. She slid to a stop right in front of him, tail thumping against the side table as she barked a couple of times.

Heya, Loony Luka,” he said as he slid off his boots, reaching down to scratch behind her ears. “Where’s Mama at?

Immediately Luka took off for the living room, and Mal followed after her. He saw the back of Bella’s head as she sat on the couch, but as he walked around to sit beside her, he noticed that she wasn’t alone…

His eyes went wide as he gaped at the swaddled bundle in her arms. “Um, pardon the language…but what the fuck is that?

She glanced up at him sharply. “Shhh! I just got him to sleep!

And just who is ‘him’, exactly?” Mal said, his voice lower as he sat down beside his wife.

This is Dax, Kallie and Aiden’s little one” Bella cooed, as she turned her gaze back to the sleeping baby in her arms. “Kallie asked me to watch him for a couple hours while she and Aiden went to work out.

He raised an eyebrow over one eye, giving her an incredulous look. “And you’re telling me that in the entire city of New York, with all the people they know, they had no one else to watch him?

I think it was a whole Wolfslair thing at the gym today. Her, Aiden, Alicia, Johanna…they all went in. And, well, since I’m kind of out of commission for the next year or so…” She gave him a sly look. “Besides, it’ll give us a bit more practice!” She turned towards him and gently extended her arms out towards him. “Here. You didn’t really hold Cruz while we were down visiting Lach and Sierra, so here’s your chance.

He rolled his eyes. “Bella, I know how to hold a baby,” he said, as she gently placed the swaddled infant in his arms. He looked down, and despite himself a soft smile came over his face. “I’ll admit it, the little guy’s pretty cute.

Bella laid her head on his shoulder as she looked down at Dax with him, running her hand along the top of his head. “Just think, this will be us soon. You, me, and our own little one in our arms.” She rubbed her other hand along her slightly swollen belly.

He looked back up at her, a smile forming across his face as he leaned in to kiss her sweetly. “I can’t wait.

—----

Three wins, no losses. Gotta say, it’s a good feeling walking into Blaze of Glory with that record.

With a slightly cocky smirk gracing his face, Malachi sat up on the rooftop patio of his New York townhome. The sky was coloured a dark grey with low-hanging clouds that looked as if they were about to dump snow at any moment, and a light breeze carried a chill through the air. But the fire crackling away in the firepit in front of Malachi kept him warm enough, the orange light reflecting in his bright blue eyes. He slid his hands into the pockets of his winter coat as he turned towards the camera.

But what’s going to make that feeling even better is when I walk out of Blaze of Glory with a new piece of hardware and become the new SCW Roulette Champion. The thing is Goth…you don’t need this title. You’ve done it all in this company already. The only reason you’re still here is pure narcissism. You want to keep clinging to the good ol’ glory days. Your eyes are so clouded with nostalgia that you can’t see the future passing you by.

A lift of his shoulder in a half-shrug. “Harsh? Maybe. But considering how I used to be, this is actually kind of tame for me, you have to admit. All I’m doing is pointing out facts. You have a whole roster of hungry young talent, eager to climb the ranks and make their name, but when you have some old-timer gatekeeping the way it’s a bit frustrating to say the least. So I’m here to bulldoze the roadblock and open the path for the new generation to take over.

He shifted his weight from side to side, the snow under his feet crunching. “If I’m being completely honest, I actually wasn’t expecting my first title shot quite so soon after making my comeback. I figured I’d have to build up a little more steam. After all, it’s been two years since the last time I competed here in SCW. Not that I’ve been slacking off by any means, but I figured I’d need a bit more momentum on my side before going on my first title run, despite the fact that I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m coming for all the gold this year. Not to mention, I am currently undefeated since making my return, including one of the toughest matches I’ve had to date at the last Climax Control against HBC. And now…I’ve got all the momentum on my side, and I’m not about to slow down.

Much like my brother did before me, I’m not walking into this match thinking it’s going to be a cakewalk by any means. There is a reason you’re a decorated champion and a hall of famer, after all. I saw the war you went through with Lachlan, and I will admit, you still have a hell of a fight in you. And I know that you’re going to fight tooth and nail to keep that title around your waist. But I’ve never been more determined, more focused on anything in my life right now. Like Lachlan before he won the Internet title off you last year, I haven’t held singles gold in SCW yet…but that’s all going to change on Sunday. By the end of this year, I guarantee that my championship record is going to be a mile long, and it all starts at Blaze of Glory when I become the new SCW Roulette Champion.

He took a power stance in the centre of the camera frame, folding his arms across his chest and widening his feet slightly. The firelight washed over him and gave him an almost otherworldly glow as he spoke. “And one thing I promise when I do become champion - I am going to elevate that title. Right now, it’s looked at as nothing more than a gimmicky bottom-tier belt, an afterthought.” He shook his head, a hard glint of determination flashing in his blue eyes. “Not under my reign. A championship is only as good as its champion, and I plan on being the best damn champion in this entire company. Bar none.

So Goth, I want you to come prepared. I want you to come ready for the biggest fight you’ve ever had. Because when it’s all said and done and that final bell rings at the end of the match, you’ll know without a shadow of a doubt that your time is up, and my time is just getting started.

He raised a hand to run his thumb along his throat in his signature gesture, before the camera focused in on the roaring flames before slowly fading out to black.