Author Topic: A rush to get started  (Read 414 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
A rush to get started
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »
 Stephen Callaway sits on a director’s chair as the scene opens. Behind him hangs a large, red SCW banner. Callaway turns and looks at the banner.

Stephen Callaway
Like it? What I like is that it’s an anagram of my initials. Stephen Wilbur Callaway, Sin City Wrestling. SWC, SCW. It’s funny. It’s also fitting given that this is my initial match here in SCW.

It’s also appropriate that his name is Rush.

See about a week ago I was getting ready to compete in what would become my final match for another promotion. Within that week I’ve had meetings with SCW, prepared for my last match, competed in said last match, signed a contract with SCW and I am now about to head to Aruba to compete for SCW in my first match with them. It’s safe to say the last week has gone by in a bit of a rush.

Because this is my first Chair Chat about my first match in SCW, I want to get something out of my system. I am here to be the SCW Heavyweight Champion. See, someone once told me ‘if you are not in a company to be the heavyweight champion of that company, why are you there?’. I am not here to friends with the boys in the back, management or the crew. I’m not here to join some Facebook group chat. Wrestling is a very much a solo sport.
"

He stops talking to drink from a Batman mug.

Stephen Callaway
I want to Rush to the top as quick as I can. I’m not here to make friends. I’m here to make money. I’m here to make dates. I’m here to make my way to the very top of SCW. I am here to be the franchise player of SCW. I am here to be the reason others come here. I want to be the star that they all gravitate toward. I want to be the one they all want to face.

But I can’t change the world overnight even if I want to. This Sunday is step one. At least that’s the plan. It’s my intention to take Alex Rush and to RUSH right through the wannabe rocker. Al, you may be a fun rocker and you may not take life seriously. I’m the same. The difference being is that when that bell rings on Sunday, I take it very seriously. You might be a day younger and an inch shorter than me but you are not me. You can hang around and make jokes and laughs singing ‘Let’s have fun’ all you want but when the bell rings at the end of our match, I’ll be the one laughing. Laughing at you as you lay on the mat clutching your jaw. While you stroke the furry wall of your caved in chin, I’ll be the one with my arm raised in victory listening to The Clap coming from the crowd.”

He stands up and walks out of shot.