Author Topic: Cutting a promo...not today. Giving thanks instead  (Read 370 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Cutting a promo...not today. Giving thanks instead
« on: December 15, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
 A desk can be seen where a shadowy figure is sitting, shuffling a stack of papers as a countdown can be heard.  Suddenly the lights flash on to reveal a cheesy looking host who looks into the camera and begins to speak through a handlebar moustache.  

Show host Connor Murphy:  Sin City Wrestling’s doors will be closing and the very last Climax Control has invited back some very strong alumni.  But we are here to talk about a bombshell that has done it all…

The host moves to look into another camera to continue to speak.  Suddenly over his shoulder, an image begins to appear.

Show host Connor Murphy:  Now when it comes to bombshells in Sin City Wrestling, some of the names we are going to hear at Climax Control two hundred would bring a smile to even the most hardened fans.  Names like Odette Stevens, Keira Fisher, Roxi Johnston, Misty to name a few…

Suddenly a voice can be heard over the announcer and a woman walks onto the set waving her hands and shaking her head.  SCW Bombshell Vixen Staggs looks at the man then the camera and crosses her arms over her chest.

Vixen:  What in the hell are you doing Connor?  I am supposed to be getting ready to head to the final ever Climax Control and here you are playing news anchor.  I thought I asked you to find me something to talk about my career, not do a cheesy this is your life.

Show host Connor Murphy:  But Vixen, come on, you know you live for shit like this.  And besides, how many people can honestly say that they have done the things you have.  So why not live a little, toot your own horn yanno.

Vixen starts to pace slowly as she thinks of what is said to her.  Stopping and turning back to Connor Murphy who is fighting now to slowly and painlessly pull off the moustache.  Moving towards the desk, Vixen leans over it with a muffled “may I” before reaching over and pulling the hair from the top lip of Connor.

Show host Connor Murphy:  Holy hell that HURT!

Vixen:  You are lucky I don’t add to the pain.  Now if you don’t mind, I would like to speak to the fans that I am sure are watching right now.   So why don’t you just allez-y and let me do what I need to do?

Grumbling, Connor gets to his feet and moves off, his hand over his mouth while trying to rub the pain from his upper lip.  Vixen watches him go then turns to the camera and smiles.

Vixen:  Sorry you had to see that but I don’t want this to have any glitz or glamour to it.  I don’t want to hype something that is digging right into the middle of the feels for me…

Vixen brings a hand to her chest, covering her heart as she lets her voice trail off slightly.  Coughing back emotion she begins to speak once more.

Vixen:  All week long we have heard about the fact that SCW is closing its doors and how it changed lives and how the superstars and bombshells are coming back for one last hurrah.  And I am one of them of course.  Wild horses wouldn’t keep me away from the ring this Sunday.  But I don’t want to talk about being in that ring.  I don’t want to talk about facing friends and enemies on Sunday.  I definitely don’t want to talk about the end.

Vixen stops again, her face wreathed in a half smile as a thoughtful look is given to the camera.

Vixen:  I want to take this time to say thank you.  Don’t get me wrong, I am going to be coming for one hell of a fight and I am looking for the win but more than that, I want to use this time to talk about how grateful I am to SCW.

Vixen:  First off, I am grateful to SCW for taking in a battle scarred and hurt former soldier who didn’t know where she was going but knew that she wanted to be something special.  Sin City Wrestling gave me a purpose but it gave me so much more.  Truth be told if it wasn’t for SCW I wouldn’t have what I have today.  The many friends I had made, the people that have come into my life for a reason, a season or a lifetime and especially for introducing me to the love of my life Spike.

She smiles at that and chuckles slightly.  Leaning back as she sits on the desk to continue to speak.

Vixen:  So let me take this opportunity to finally let the world know my thoughts about this company and to get to say what I have always wanted to.  First off, thank you.  Thank you to Mark Ward and Christian Underwood for giving me the opportunity to do what I love.  If it wasn’t for you two, I would never have been able to do what I have done and achieved what I have.  You inspired me to be my best in that ring and rewarded me with your trust and faith to carry the titles I won in this company.  You gave me purpose and when I was in a dark place you saved me.

Vixen:  Then of course, there are my fellow bombshells…thanks to you, I know I have been able to stand toe to toe in that ring with the best in the world.  You taught me humility and courage and dedication.  You also taught me that I needed to be my best but to also look past the win or loss and be part of a sisterhood of bombshells.  For all the great matches, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Vixen:  My second last thank you goes out to my love, my life, Spike Staggs.  Mon amour, thank you for seeing something in me both as a wrestler and as your wife.  I love you and Eden and Kit and Bijou.

Vixen stops to blow a kiss to the camera.  Taking a slow final breath, she looks into the camera.

Vixen:  Finally, thank you to the fans, all of you out there watching and cheering me.  You took to your heart a woman that was ready to give it her all for you and still is.  Thank you for giving me a career to be proud of and believing in me when I didn’t even believe in myself.

Vixen:  This may be the end of an era and the doors may be closing but I will never ever forget SCW.  And come Sunday, I am going to be riding into the sunset after giving you the fans and everyone at SCW a hell of a sendoff.  

With that, Vixen stands and moves toward the camera and reaching up, sends the feed to snow with the pressing of a button.
>