Author Topic: Forging A Deal?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Jordan Williams

• View Profile
    • Jordan "PS"Williams
Forging A Deal?
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
 “Today, I expected to just chill at the hotel, but I got a call from an old friend, Rick Meadows. He and his regular tag team partner and best friend, Ken Hoyt were on tour for a local Japanese promotion and they had an off day, so they invited to pick me up and to have a few drinks with them at the Jindaiji Botanical Gardens and discuss the possibility of them signing with SCW.”

The scene opens up to a shot inside Jordan’s luxurious hotel room. A loud pound on the door is heard. Jordan gets a perturbed look on his face as he walks to answer it. He opens up the door and his friends Rick and Ken greet him.

Jordan: “Yo, what’s up guys?”

Rick and Ken fist bump Jordan on their way into the room.

Jordan: “Did you hear me invite you in? I could have a girl in here naked and you guys just barge in.”

Rick: “Yeah, someone other than your wife.” he says bluntly, yet with a smile.

Ken plops down on the couch and turns on the TV as Jordan says: “Low blow, dick…I mean Rick!” Jordan turns to Ken and says: “Make yourself at home, Ken. You always do.”

Ken: “Oh, I’m sorry, you don’t mind, do you?”

Jordan: “What the hell does it matter now?” he says as Ken just laughs.

Rick: “Pretty nice room, you got here.”

Jordan: “Yeah, it’s not bad.”

Rick: “Nah, actually it looks like shit. You’re Jordan fuckin’ Williams. You should be staying in the penthouse…cheapskate.”

Jordan: “Hey, SCW can only afford so much. They can’t put everyone up in the penthouse. Mark took care of me, he made sure I got a great room.” he says in a somewhat defensive tone.

Rick: “Hey don’t get your panties in a bunch, I’m just bustin’ your balls.”

Jordan: “Good, I was about to say…”

Rick: “But, really, this is a shit hole.”

Jordan stares at Rick dumbfounded. Rick is notorious for his blunt commentary and rudeness.

Jordan: “Oh, I forgot, Rick. It’s that time of month, you’re on the rag.”

Rick playfully punches Jordan in the shoulder as Jordan heads into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Ken to Rick: “This is a great place, Rick. You act like you’re a king or something.”

Rick: “No…What do you know? You think sleeping in a cardboard box, in the rain is livable conditions. You hippy!”

Ken: “I’m not a hippy, I’m just a free spirit. Just  because I can afford to live in nice places, doesn’t  mean that I have to.”

Rick: “Look man, your Dad was a highly successful software engineer for Apple. You’ve made great money wrestling, you don’t need to live in a fucking trailer every time we go back home to Seattle!”

Jordan walks out of the bathroom as Ken says: “It’s not a trailer, it’s a motor home. Big difference.”

Jordan: “Oh, not this argument again!” he says as he shakes his head.

Rick: “What!? Ken is an idiot Jordan, and you know it. Ken is 30 years old, with a sizable bank account and he lives in a fuckin‘ trailer!”

Jordan: “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

Ken: “Absolutely. I’m not obligated to anything. I can travel anywhere, anytime.”

Rick rolls his eyes and says: “It’s 2012 and you don’t even own a cell phone for Christ’s sake!”

Ken sits up and says: “Big deal, society went thousands of years without cell phones.”

Jordan laughs as Rick puts his face in his palm and says: “I give up. I don’t know how we’re best friends. We barely have anything in common!”

Jordan: “Okay, ladies, let’s stop arguing and let’s go.”

Ken turns off the TV and walks over to the dining room table and sees Jordan has a half eat piece of pizza. Ken takes the pizza and eats it.

Rick: “Why the hell do you do that?”

Ken: “What? Its better than it going to waste.” he turns to Jordan and says: “You were going to throw this away, huh?”

Jordan: “Yes, considering it’s been there for two days, but by all means, eat it!”

Ken shrugs his shoulders as Rick looks disgusted. Ken eats the pizza in two more bites.

Jordan: “Hold on though, Ken. You’re not going to this place, looking like that, are you?”

Ken looks at his clothes which consists of a grey wife beater with soy sauce and ketchup stains on it and matching sweat pants, with old running shoes.

Ken: “What’s wrong with this? This is my day off!”

Rick: “I don’t get you, I really don’t. You dress like a bum, yet you shave twice a day. Why don’t you complete the look and grow a beard and don’t cut your hair for six months. Then you can look like a Pearl Jam reject.”

Ken: “Fuck off, Rick. Like you have style.” he says as the scene fades out.

The scene opens up Jindaiji Botanical Garden in Chofu an hour later. Ken, Rick and Jordan are sitting at a table drinking wine and talking about wrestling. Jordan is smoking a cigar as well.

Rick: “So I want to hear more about SCW. They’re an indy that runs world tours?”

Jordan shrugs his shoulders and says: “If you want to look at it that way. Hey, overseas promoters see that we have the best talent in the world and they want us to bring it to their fans, because we draw so well.”

Rick: “Then why don’t they go national?”

Jordan: “I don’t know, man.”

Rick: “What do you mean, you don’t know? You’re best friends with the owner!”

Jordan: “Yeah, but I’m not all up in his business either. All I know, my check clears, he books me, I show up, do my job and go home and see my family. This was the most time I’ve hung out with him since I came here in January.”

Ken: “Well, if they’re doing big business and running successful tours, eventually they have to go national.”

Jordan: “That would be the evolution I suppose. I think Christian likes it being grounded the way it is.”

Rick and Ken nod their head.

Jordan: “They have virtually no tag teams outside of Gabriel and Despayre. So, you guys would be a welcome addition.”

Ken: “And they’ll let us keep our Japanese bookings?”

Jordan: “Sure, I work Japan part time, they understand that it’s your full time gig, they’ll never stand in the way of your bookings.”

Ken: “We want to work exclusively as a tag team.”

Jordan: “They’re aware of that. Its about time though that America sees the most technically skilled team since Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard!”

Rick scoffs and says: “Shit, we’re better than Arn and Tully. We have double team moves for days.”

Ken: “You got that right!”

Jordan: “You realized you just disrespected Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard right?”

Rick: “We’re not, but we are that confident in our ability as a team.”

Jordan: “There’s never a sort change of cocky, arrogant pricks in wrestling, huh?”

Ken: “They’re a dime a dozen!”

Rick and Jordan smile, then Rick says: “Well, tell Christian and Mark we’re definitely interested.”

Jordan takes a puff of his cigar and blows out the smoke and nods his head.

Ken bites his nail before asking: “So you and Mark are wrestling Chippendale and Thunder?”

Jordan: “Yes sir!”

Ken: “That’s great!”

Rick: “I thought Chippendale was injured?” he asks.

Jordan: “The nagging ones healed. There’s worries about concussions and the like. I mean we all worry about that. But I think he’s more likely to get one easily since he’s had a lot in his days.”

Rick” We’ll definitely be in the house for that match. TSSA was one of those teams we studied. So, hopefully they can wrestle like they did all those years ago.”

Jordan: “It’ll be a classic.”

Ken reclines in his seat and puts his feet on the table: “Whatever happened to Power & Precision? Ben and Titan were great.”

Rick: “Hey Ken, we’re not in your fucking trailer! Get your feet off the table, you fuckin’ bum!”

Ken: “You’re such an asshole. What do you care?”

Rick: “We’re in a public place, you dumb ass. You got your dirty ass shoes on the table!”

Ken: “Oh relax. It can be cleaned off.”

Jordan: “You two should get married. I’ve been telling you that for years! You’re like a married couple!”

Rick and Ken both shout: “Fuck you!”

Jordan: “Just proved my point!”

Jordan laughs as Rick and Ken shoot him the middle finger.

Jordan: “There’s never a dull moment around you two.”

Rick: “Hey, I can’t help it if that bastard does shit that annoys me.”

Ken: “You annoy me too, Rick. You’re always talking shit and being rude.”

Rick: “Big deal! You’re too nice!”

Jordan: “You guys would make a great buddy cop film! Two cops that are the opposites come together and through all their differences, they manage to make a great team! Its like the plot to all cop movies, basically!”

The scene fades out as the three continue arguing.  
<a href="http://s198.beta.photobucket.com/user/mikesjohnson3/media/JordanWilliamsgraphic_zps5ceeaa19.png.html" target="_blank">>[/url]