Author Topic: What's the Matter Amy-Jayne?  (Read 329 times)

Offline Trishelle Jordan

• View Profile
    • Christina Bentley
What's the Matter Amy-Jayne?
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
 W H A T ‘ S. T H E. M A T T E R. A M Y – J A Y N E ??

Isn’t life a funny little thing? Every single day, every single hour, every single minute, there is always something that happens that treats our emotions like proverbial puppets on a string. From happiness and triumph, to tragedy and sorrow. The world cripples us and our emotions become part of a meandering river. My entire life has been a meandering river, but the world hasn’t been the catalyst. When you have a catalyst by the name of Lacey Bentley, you don’t need the world to make your emotions go “full circle”

P L E A S E. B E. H O N E S T

Everyone has one of those little bucket lists. You know, those lists of things you want to do or places you want to see before you kick that proverbial bucket. Well, I have lived one of those lives that you could have seen on Life Styles of the Rich and Famous back in the day. Since I always had everything I wanted growing up, I was able to see any place that my little heart desired. Well, that was until I realized I have never been to the “Land of the Rising Sun”. Japan has always been a dream of mine, though I never really knew why. Imagine my surprise when I found that I would be making my first televised debut for Sin City Wrestling at Into the Void V. Forget the fact that debuting at the biggest pay-per-view of the year is exciting, but what about it happening in Japan? Now, that is something to be amazed by.

It was a usually sunny day in Hollywood, California. There was clearly nothing better to be done on this particular day than to lay out poolside. Of course, that is exactly what Christina Bentley would do. Outside of her less than modest home, Christina laid poolside in her white bikini. In her lounge chair, she is clearly comfortable as she has her eyes covered by her Gucci sunglasses. The only sounds that could immediately heard was that of the birds chirping. For the first time since she had arrived back from Tokyo, Christina felt like she was at peace in her life. Japan was a dream, but it was also the most hectic experience of her life. For every sight that she saw, her mother would make her train. For every piece of sushi that she ingested, that was another round of squats that she would have to perform. Sufficive it to say, Christina had to work out in Tokyo like she was in the main event, when she wasn’t even on the card. She couldn’t let her mother’s outrageous workout regimen affect her however. Christina knew that it was being done for the best. At least, that’s what she thought her mother would say if she had ever mustered the courage to ask her. She couldn’t let that small fact worry her, especially when it was something that she knew she should have been used to by now. After all these years, she knew that Lacey would take any opportunity to be a buzzkill. At the end of the day, you can’t cry over spilled milk. It was a brand new day, and it was one that Christina had been looking forward to for quite some time. For the first time in nearly three years, Christina was about to reunite with the two women that she started her wrestling training with. Sarah and Reese were both amazing women. They both knew exactly what they were doing, and so far it proved to be successful. Sarah Robinson and Reese Spencer had both made their names in wrestling, which is something that Christina hadn’t done… yet. With the sound of the gates opening, Christina reaches up and pulls down her sunglasses. An elated smile comes over her face as she sees both Reese and Sarah walking towards the pool. Both women looked as great as they always had. Reese wearing a ruby red swimsuit, and Sarah wearing a black swimsuit herself. Both women return Christina’s gleaming smile as they walk over to the lounge chairs. Christina jolts up from her chair and immediately extends her arms out and hugs both of the women.

C H R I S T I N A
“You two actually made it!”

Reese simply returned the smile that she got from Christina. She pulled away from the hug as she placed her hands onto her hips.

R E E S E
“Like I’d miss seeing my girl for the world. Seriously, I haven’t seen you in forever."

S A R A H
“Really, it’s been way too long. I think we’re both just happy to finally see you making moves in the wrestling ring. I’m sure that Lacey is ecstatic that you’re finally getting back into the family business.”

A look of unease comes over Christina’s face. If faces could tell a story, it was obvious that Christina wasn’t exactly happy about Lacey’s involvement.

C H R I S T I N A
“I obviously love my mother, she’s just a little… much sometimes. I know she means well, but she totally ruined my Tokyo dreams.”

As Reese and Sarah both look at each other slightly puzzled, it was obvious that neither of them really wanted to push the issue any further. After a moment of almost radio silence, Sarah blurts out.

S A R A H
“So what exactly happened? I mean I understand if you don’t actually want to discuss it or whatever, but still.”

Christina simply shakes her head. After a moment, she places her hands onto her hips.

C H R I S T I N A
“She just didn’t give me a chance to enjoy myself. She turned everything into a training session. I didn’t even compete in Japan. I really don’t understand what she thought she was doing. I get that I have to be in tip-top shape for when I actually do compete, but that wasn’t the time obviously. I swear, I should have never agreed to let her tag along for my journey like that. She’ll be my damn death. I mean all I wanted to see were a few sites, and she turned that into a workout session. Anytime I ate sushi, she’d make me work out. I couldn’t even sleep past 8 AM without her making me go work out. I wasn’t on the card, but she was making me work out like I was in the damn main event.”

Reese lets out a subtle laugh as she crosses her arms over her ample chest.

R E E S E
“It sounds like she wants you to be successful, but that’s a tad bit ridiculous. I mean, maybe you should tell her that you don’t want her with you?”

S A R A H
“Absolutely, but you know she won’t take that well. Lacey would never take that well. She still wants to be able to cling onto her glory. I don’t think she realizes that things in this business have changed.”

Christina takes a deep breath.

C H R I S T I N A
“I guess you’re right. I swear, you girls are the brain trust I always wanted!”
As all three girls embrace in a hug, but Christina cannot staring off into space. She knew that the conversation had to be had, but she knew that it wouldn’t be easy.

A N. A M P L I F I E D. B R A I N. T R U S T

I knew it had to be done, but it honestly scared me to death. I’ve never been someone to push my limits when it came to Lacey. She was my mother, but she was more than that. She was like my best friend. All of my life was spent making sure that she was happy with the person that I had become. With every mistake that I made, she treated my like her friend, giving me good advice without lambasting my like a parent typically should. I definitely respected her for not completely punishing me when I was younger, but it definitely had its drawbacks. Now, she’s still more of a friend than a mother, but I know that if I bring up my grievance, she’ll never forgive me.

It was a great day to be in Las Vegas, Nevada. With Climax Control three days away, it was time to make it to the site of the one hundred fiftieth edition of Climax Control where Christina Bentley was going to be making her debut. As she sat on her hotel room bed, she had her hands above her head. With the obvious aim or rest, Christina was at peace in the situation. She knew that the one thing that she needed was a few measly minutes to just close her eyes, and meditate on the match in which she was going to be having on Sunday. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on her hotel room door. She took a deep breath, then opened her eyes. Then, she crept out of the bed and walked over to the door. Looking through the peephole, she took a deep breath as she opened it. On the other side of the door, Lacey stood with a large smile on her face, and a large binder in her arms. Lacey quickly enters the room as she goes over to the bed, and throws the binder onto it.

L A C E Y
“Christina baby, you’re going to love what I have for you! You wouldn’t believe the amount of bids I had from seamstresses that want to create your gear! I swear, I have some of the best in the business itching to give you the chance to wear their designs. Well, wear your designs and wrestle in them. It’s like the best mutualistic relationship ever. You wear banging gear, they get their shit seen on television. I mean…”

Not quite allowing her mother to finish her thought, Christina interjects. She takes hold of the binder and quickly begins to thumb through it.

C H R I S T I N A
“Mom, I ummm appreciate that you wanted to do all of that for me. I just ummm... don’t really like any of these designs. I mean with all due respect, I like the person that I found to do my designs like two months ago. These are very, blasé. I really enjoyed Mia’s designs that she did.”

A look of disappointment comes over Lacey’s face. As she crosses her arms over her chest as she looks straight at Christina.

L A C E Y
“Are you serious? I found you legitimate fashion designers wanting to do your gear! You should be absolutely honored that they want to do your gear, just like they did mine.”

C H R I S T I N A
“Mom, I don’t want to wear clothing from 1999. I am sorry for saying it like that, I just don’t care about those designs. Don’t take that the wrong way, it’s just not something that I’d ever wear to be completely honest.”

Lacey takes her hands off her hips, and then she grabs the binder from the bed and aggressively closes it.

L A C E Y
“Oh, that’s completely fine. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do Christina, I just wanted to really make sure that you had the best gear ever. I mean Mia’s stuff is fine… I guess. I just really wanted you to have some of the best… that’s all. I promise, I’m not going to overstep like this ever again.”

Lacey then storms over towards the door. Christina takes a deep breath as Lacey quickly leaves the room.

C H R I S T I N A
“Such a damn drama queen.”

Christina crosses her arms over her chest as she then sits back down onto the bed. She then takes her deep breath, and closes her eyes. She knew that it was time to get the meditation she needed, because it was the only chance she was going to get.

I. H E A R. Y O U. C O U N T I N G. S H E E P. A G A I N. A M Y – J A Y N E

“The stage was set, the debut was near. The feel of intensity could be felt in the air!”

A lingering voice could be heard coupled with a pitch black screen that you’d normally expect to be seen with radio silence.

“… Did someone forget to turn the lights on again?!?!”

Then, the sound of two claps could be heard. The claps were spaced out by about two seconds, then like magic the lights come on. Now, two thrones could be seen. On the right, Christina Bentley sat with a smile on her face. The fresh faced beauty had a right leg crossed over her left. Her hands clasped together over her knee. She then turns to her left where her mother Lacey has a less than enthusiastic look on her beautiful face. Lacey has her legs both planted on the floor, then she turns her attention towards her daughter.

”Can you feel it? I mean, the intensity is deafening. I know that it’s a big deal when you debut in a wrestling promotion, but this is different. I will be debuting for the illustrious Sin City Wrestling. Not only will it be SCW, it will be SCW’s one hundred fiftieth edition of their flagship broadcast, Climax Control. Never in my life did I think that I’d be making a wrestling debut at a show that will be that big. I mean, every time I think about it, I just didn’t know if I’d be able to sleep. I mean I’ve tried everything to get some sleep. You know, the trick of warm milk… that didn’t exactly work. I tried counting down from one hundred that was a blast! I mean, I hope you can all tell my sarcasm in that, it was boring as all hell. There is way too much thought that goes into counting backwards. I mean one hundred… ninety-nine… ninety-eight… ninety-seven… ninety-six… ninety-five… you get the point! It takes a lot of thought sometimes to do all of that counting! Don’t get me wrong, I never thought that I was going to get any sleep, but I finally found something that I could do that helped me out a ton!”

A smirk comes over Lacey’s face. As she sits back into her chair. She then crosses her right leg over her left.

”Now baby, I have to ask. What did you to fall asleep? I’ve been trying myself but the excitement just hasn’t allowed for me to get my eight hours of beauty sleep. I’m quite perplexed by that, so really… what have you done?”

Christina then uncrosses her legs, and springs up from her throne. She then walks around the room for a moment, almost pacing. Then, she stops dead center and places her hands onto her hips.

”Mom don’t call me crazy, but I have started counting sheep. Yeah, I know that sounds really strange. However, it’s really helped. I mean one sheep, two sheep, three sheep… it’s amazing. I mean, I’m sure my opponent from Climax Control really did the same. I mean Amy-Jayne, I’m sure that you have the same nerves that I do. That sense of anticipation is getting to you just as much as I have. Think about it, you know that the nerves are racking, you’re stepping onto the grandest stage so far in your career, much like me.”

Christina takes her hands off of her hips. Then, she walks over to her mother’s throne, and places her right hand onto the top of that throne. Lacey smiles as she reaches up and touches her daughter’s arm.

”We both were first seen at Into The Void Five by the SCW Universe. Neither of us wrestled, but I’m willing to wager that we both made some kind of lasting impression. I mean you had a nice little interview, I had that nice little argument with Madam copyright infringement, Veronica Taylor. I mean really, it was such a great damn night. We both got to see the sights and sounds of Tokyo, Japan. We both probably had that authentic sushi, probably wore those amazing robes. I mean really, it was a great experience. However, that’s now in the past, and we are each other’s future. At Climax Control, we are both going to step into the ring. We are going to step into that ring, and we are both going to finally be able to get all of those nerves out. We are going to step into the ring and have what I’m sure will be the best matches of our young careers. We are going to step into the bombshell division and put our names in the stones of history. We are going to steal the damn show, and you know that. Here’s what you don’t know…”

Christina then steps away from the back of her mother’s throne. She then crosses back in front of her mother and smiles at the camera. Then, she takes her seat once again. Crossing her legs once again, she places her hands onto the arms of the throne. After a moment, she begins to speak once more.

”You don’t know that I’m going to win. I am more than sure that you’re going to put forth a valiant effort, but that isn’t enough Amy. I’m going to put my best foot forward, and I’m going to cement my legacy with a win. I am going to start the Bentley regime in grand fashion. I am more than prepared for the opportunity to show the entire world with Christina Bentley can do. I am more than sure that you’re going to take me to my limit, but I know that you’re not going to beat me. I have waited me entire life for this moment, and you’re not going to take my moment away from me. So Amy, here’s a little trick. Remember how I said count sheep? I suggest that when you’re on your back in the middle of that ring, you should count down from three.”

Confidence begins to exude from Christina’s face. Once again, she stands up from the throne and begins to speak.

”When I am on top of you for that cover, you count down Three… Two… One, and it will all be over. I promise, it will be painless! See you at Climax Control, you’ll be counting sheep again, Amy-Jayne!”

Lacey stands up and walks over to her daughter. She then places her right hand onto her daughter’s shoulder as the scene fades out.