Author Topic: Chapter 17: Ride the lightning  (Read 249 times)

Offline The Seraphinas

• View Profile
    • Lucy Seraphina
Chapter 17: Ride the lightning
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
 Book 1: Silent Shadow
Chapter 17: Ride the lightning
~Part 1: Post hunt (#NP: “Face it later” from Final Fantasy XIII)~
I opened my eyes and looked around to find myself back in my room. Lucien was asleep in a chair to my right. In my left arm an IV dripping blood made me shiver.

Lucy: D-did we get him?

Both Michael and Rachel didn’t say anything. Rachel tossed my brother’s lighter and it hit him square in the forehead. Lucien jolted awake.

Lucien: Hey sleepy head.

Lucy: Did we get him?

Lucien: No, he got away. He somehow teleported out and Mel and I were taking care of you.

Lucy: Should have went after him.

Lucien: No, we weren’t about to lose you.

Michael looked at the machine and was writing down my vitals. Rachel sat next to me on the bed and I could tell she was crying more than normal. She pulled me into a hug causing me to look in shock.

Rachel: We could have lost you. I don’t want you to leave me too!

I hugged her back.

Lucy: I’m not going anywhere I promise.

Rachel sniffed.

Rachel: Good cause you got a match soon. [/i]

I looked around and saw Maxim in the door way.

Maxim: You gonna be okay?

I nodded again.

Lucy: Yeah.

Maxim: Good, Lucien, Rei let’s go. Mikey if something happens, call us.

Michael nodded and the three of them walk out. I sigh and feel my head hit the back of the pillow.

Lucy: I almost had him…we could have ended this now Michael but no! Alexander…he used some sort of spell. I…I remember Lucien ran over to me. My head was burning like someone was trying to kill the earth below me. I felt like I was dying…Michael, he’s a necromancer. I know he is and we need to stop him.

~Part 2: At war. (#NP: “Take out the gunman” by: Chevelle)~
Claudia Seraphina’s POV

I heard the alarm go off and I knew it all started. I knew I would have to find a good hiding spot and it wouldn’t be hard. I mean I’m only five-four and this place was short people friendly. It would be simple for this. Get to the enemy’s base and snipe them out and, survive. I was good at this but not as good as Mel. Sadly she wasn’t here this time but that’s okay.

Lucy: Alright guys let’s move out!

That right there is my cousin Lucy Seraphina. She’s the leader of the Assassin squad for the magi-blood. She’s a wrestler and a Hall of Famer as well. My cousin isn’t normal though in the term of magi-blood standards. At a young age Lucy ended up getting a mutation which caused her to become a vampire of sorts. Now I know a lot of you that don’t know us is calling bullshit right now.

Maxim: I’ll stay back and guard base. You three go out and get them. Remember it’s five on four.

That’s my older brother Maxim, in the assassins he’s ranted two or three. I forgot which though…my brother is a weird one though! He tends not to share with me what happens on his missions. I don’t ask because I know the answer now and that’s “Don’t worry about it.” Regardless Maxim is good at what he does.

Aliceandrea: We know, we’ll take them down. We’re the top three assassins and we have Claudia with us.

Last on my team is Aliceandrea Rosangela, my half cousin. She’s the co-founder of the assassin squad. You could tell she’s a Rosangela, she’s got that fiery temper. But with that said the clock started to count down from fifteen minutes. We had to do this in fifteen minutes and pray no one would be gone by the end of it. Aliceandrea took the low area on the left hand while Lucy took the right. Maxim was hiding behind wall and I took it up on the high area.

Claudia: Alright guys, stay alert. These guys aren’t fucking around this time.

My microphone earpiece popped out as I scanned the area. I didn’t see any signs of movement and I had a feeling three of them were moving downstairs while two were guarding their base. I saw one of the usual spots I would hide at and moved in. It was on right hand side of the arena between the red area (my team) and the green team. I still didn’t see any movement…I wasn’t sure if I should have felt relived or worried. The enemy wasn’t stupid by any means.

Lucy: Fuck!

The sounds of lasers were going off and I knew it was going down.

Maxim: Hold your place Claudia!

Claudia: But-

Aliceandrea: Hold your position! Lucy take cover!

Seven lives…that’s how many we got before we’re out.

Lucy: I’m down to five! I think I got Uri out!

Uriella Abaddon is another half cousin of mine. More on her another time. I hear the clock say that five minutes have passed. Well this is what happens when you’re playing fast warfare. Right now I couldn’t care less on what the others would say. I could hear Claude Lajoie taunt the girls below as I swiftly moved to my other hiding spot. This was the best spot because I had the access view of the ramp and the green’s base. I scouted the area below and I was right. I saw it was Claude’s twin Stefan and Aina Gabrielle. That meant Claude, Lucien (Lucy’s twin), Gabe Valhalla (Aina’s cousin) were on the floor. I could see Stefan and Aina standing there, guns in hand.

Claudia: Score?

Maxim: We’re in the lead, 1500 to 500.

Aliceandrea: I think we need to take them out. Lucy let’s go like crazy, Maxim move up. Claudia…you know what to do. Stay alive because if we’re out, you could win us this.

Claudia: I’m on it.

Lucy: Charge!

~Normal POV~
Aliceandrea and Lucy charged off with Maxim behind them. Uriella was out and was walking back to the base. They let out some shots as Claude and Lucien were trying to take cover.

Lucy: Give them hell!

Lucy hid behind a wall, Maxim was up on the ramp while Aliceandrea was on the other side of Lucy.

Lucien: Come out where ever you are!

Lucy: I’m pinned down.

Aliceandrea: What about you Max?

Maxim: I’m snipping from above, trying to get a good shot.

Aliceandrea rolled her eyes and sighed. She walked out from behind her spot.

Aliceandrea: GEOLOGY IS NOT A REAL SCIENCE!

Lucy: Did she just pull a Sheldon Cooper?

Maxim: She did.

Lucien and Claude start to shoot her and Maxim was able to get a clear shot. Lucy started to fire and Aliceandrea was out. Lucien and Claude couldn’t react fast enough. Maxim and Lucy were able to snipe them out quickly.

GAME OVER! RED TEAM VICTORY!

The four let out a cheer.

Lucy: Go Claudia!

And from above them Claudia smiled.

~Part 3: AngelClanBlog.MB (#NP: “Bring back the sun” by: Our Lady Peace.)~
Okay before any of you ask…no I have no idea what’s going on with Mel. I really don’t! She seems fine but her last entry seemed…different. I couldn’t tell you in all honesty. I’m just praying that everything is going to be alright and that we’ll come up on top for this match. I know we’re facing Mercedes and Team Hero…we’re teaming with Kate Steel.

I’m certain Kate isn’t a real fan of us but it’s whatever. And like Mel said we have respect for her. I’ve faced Kate in the ring before and she has come a long way. That’s why she’s champ, she worked hard for it. For this match though I’m hoping that I can trust her. I mean she’s friends with Crystal…do I have to say anything else?

Kate, I hope I can trust you. If you show any signs of not…you’ll find out what’ll happen. We need to work as a team for this! This isn’t some picnic you can skip out on.

I’m hungry damn!

Anyways Kate. I’m at least giving you the benefit of a doubt in this.

Mel, I hope you’re ready for this match. We need you to be but I’ll never doubt you. For years you’ve been the leader of the Clan and you’ve helped us grow as people. To be honest you’re one of the best siblings to have. You’ve always encouraged me to be the best I can. You know I have your back in this! Let’s go out there with Kate and win this.

So…Mercedes and Team Hero. I love my job.

I've been pretty clear how much I love being a wrestler. I work hard, just like everyone else who punches a time clock or turns in their time on a worksheet. But when it comes to doing my job, I'm guilty of bringing my personal life into my professional life on certain occasions.

It can be something as hand wringing as trying to figure out how to pay the necessary bill to keep your house warm while finding a way to come up with the necessary money to give to your son or daughter to take in to their teacher at school so they can go on the class field trip to the Children's Museum of Science and Energy or something as stressful as finding a way to take care of an elderly relative that can no longer care for themselves, whether it be the self-sacrifice of you are a family member to take them in or place them in a facility where that care can be given around the clock.

I know I have to be the best I can be.

You know what else I'm afraid of? That such an idea has fueled my desperation to the point that I'm doing everything I can do to make everyone believe that I am what I say I am and that I can do what I say I can do. And when I fail out of that desperation, when I'm unable to back up my words and actions, it gives more weight to everything the critics have said about my abilities. Those fears are real, and they have forced me to take a hard look at myself and where I stand in my career.

I’m scared that I’ll end up frenzing in the middle of the ring thanks to what I am…

I know that I am going to get the very best of every single person that I step in the ring with and I am fine with that.

I hope you lot can bring your all. If you don’t you’ll be taken down. I’m an assassin; I’m a wisdom angel, a magi-blood and curse with vampirism. This is me and you can love me or hate me. I couldn’t careless! But you three know for a fact that when I step into the ring I’m planning on taking everyone down. If I fall, I’m bringing you with me.

In the ring I’m just that woman who is here to be the best. Good luck everyone.

Fade to black.