Author Topic: “About fucking time!”  (Read 251 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“About fucking time!”
« on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »
 (The characters of Amy Marshall and Melody Grace where used with the permission of their respective handlers)

It took her three years but Jessie has finally won another single’s title as she beat Mercedes at Blaze of Glory to win the Bombshell Internet Championship and whilst she was wrong about the win making her a Triple Crown Winner it didn’t matter in the end because she had captured the Bombshell Internet Championship for the first time.

It didn’t take her long for Jessie to keep a promise she made about the Internet Championship either, in the weeks leading up to her Bombshell Internet Championship Match against Mercedes she promised to grant Melody Grace the first shot at the Internet Championship should she win it since Melody had pinned Mercedes at the last Climax Control before Blaze of Glory in a Tag Team Match that also featured Candy Overton and Mercedes, a match that served to build up the matches between Jessie and Mercedes and Melody and Candy at Blaze of Glory, and now at the first Climax Control of the Japanese Tour the title match was set as part of a double main event (as much as Mark would like to say otherwise) but the question was, can Jessie avenge her previous reign as the Bombshell Roulette Champion which was cut short?

Karaoke bar, Nagasaki, Japan
Friday 22nd of April 2016. 18:00pm

It’s been an insane couple of weeks!

I knew Mercedes was going to be a tough fight heading into the title match at Blaze of Glory, in fact if I can be honest I didn’t think I was going to walk out of Phoenix the champ after Blaze of Glory and that Mercedes would break her Blaze of Glory losing streak.

The fans in the arena and watching at home know what happened, I hit Mercedes with the Circle Pit and the Wall of Death to win the Bombshell Internet Championship for the first time in my career and whilst I was wrong about being a Triple Crown Champion as a result of the match it didn’t matter to me, all that mattered was the fact that I had won my first title in three long years. Needless to say the celebration was epic.

*flashback*

I hit the Wall of Death and covered Mercedes for the three count, that much you know unless you were at ringside and saw Shane and Jake getting pretty animated as I covered Mercedes, hell Jake even threw up the Devil Horns in time with the count and before I know it the match was over and I had won the Bombshell Internet Championship.

“Winner of this match and your NEEWWW bombshell Internet champion... JESSIE SALCO!!” Justin’s words echoed through the arena as Jasmine left the ring to get my brand new title and Jake and Shane climbed into the ring with massive grins on their faces, at first I thought it was a dream and that I was about the wake-up any second now, once the boys hugged me and I got the title from Jasmine I knew it was all too real.

“YOU DID IT JESSIE! YOU WON THE TITLE!” Shane screamed out of pure joy not really caring if that was caught on the cameras or not, Jake didn’t say anything but he didn’t need too, the look on his face said it all and my only regret was that I didn’t win the title in Miami so that my whole adopted family could be there but who knows? Maybe they will be when I finally win the World Bombshell Title!

After the boys hoisted me onto their shoulders in celebration (though Jake had to kneel a bit due to the obvious height difference between Jake and Shane) we headed to the backstage area with my new title in hand and big grins on our faces, I had to admit, I did get a bit emotional as it all set in and I eventually just hoisted the title over my shoulder so I could take care of any tears that came down my cheeks a bit easier but thankfully the cameras didn’t catch that and we headed backstage and, as I expected, Amy was waiting for us with an even bigger grin on her face, if that was possible, than the ones on ours.

“Congrats Jess!” Amy said as she walked up to us, I returned the grin before exchanging a fist bump. “Let’s hope Melanie can win the Main Event next!”

“Let’s hope so, I like Sam, don’t get me wrong but I’m rooting for Melanie to win the match.” I responded as I looked down at my title. “Now I just have to worry about my first challenger.” I added and Amy shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it just yet, I know you said on Twitter that you’d give Melody the shot because she got the pin on Mercedes two weeks ago but you’ve got another week to go before the next Climax Control and you don’t have to challenge her right away.” Amy pointed out with a grin before we heard a pair of footsteps approaching us and Amy looked up. “Speak of the devil and she will appear.” Amy said as she nodded behind me and I turned around…...right into a tight hug from Melody.

“Congrats Jess!” Melody said with a big grin on her face and, in spite of the tightness of the hug I grinned, may as well bask in the moment, right? “You definitely deserve it!”

“Maybe but I don’t think the bosses will appreciate their new Internet Champion suffocating due to a tight hug!” Jake joked and Melody laughed a bit before letting go off the hug. “I’m guessing Melanie and Lucy have similar greetings waiting for her?”

“I haven’t seen them but I think it’s a safe bet!” Melody responded with a shrug as she stepped back. “Anyway, not to ruin the moment or anything but didn’t you make a promise after the tag match two weeks ago?”

“That I’d give you the first shot at the title should I beat Mercedes at Blaze of Glory, yeah, I know.” I responded with a nod as I adjusted the title’s position on my shoulder. “And you know what? I intend to keep that promise, how about the first Climax Control of the Japan tour?”

“You think Mark will allow it considering Melody’s recent troubles with him?” Shane chimed in with a frown on my face and I shook my head.

“Even if he wants to screw Melody at every turn, yes, I realize how dirty that sounds, shut up.” I said once I saw the looks on Jake, Shane and Amy’s faces. “Come on, Jessie vs. Melody? We’ll easily steal the show with a match worthy of a Main Event!”

“Which probably won’t be the Main Event because Mark’s an asshole but that’s beside the point.” Jake said as he shook his head. “Anyway, we’ll worry about that once the Japan tour starts, for now let’s celebrate!” Jake added and we grinned before walking off.

*back to present day*

Flash forward two weeks and the match between me and Melody was made official when the card for the first Climax Control of the Japan tour was announced and, just as Shane predicted, our match wasn’t the main event, instead the main event was a men’s division tag team match between the teams of Connor Murphy and Casey Williams and Travis Nathanial Andrews and Dmitri and considering what happened between Casey and Dmitri at the end of the Internet Championship match at Blaze of Glory that was bound to be an explosive situation.

But that wasn’t what I had on my mind going into Climax Control, nope, it was my match off course and no, you don’t get any prizes for guessing correctly.

Anyway it’s time I set the scene, following Amy’s advice on Twitter the other day we decided to just pick out a random Karaoke Bar and go in and whilst Amy doesn’t have a high opinion of anime it has proven useful in this case as Jake taught himself Japanese just so he could watch the anime without having to read subtitles to understand it.

Yeah, he’s that kind of anime fan but we have found a use for his fluency in Japanese!

Basically we’re at a local karaoke club and Jake’s been helping us translate the Japanese to English and it’s a typical Karaoke set-list, the heaviest tracks on it are by Alice Cooper and Bon Jovi and Shane flat out refused to sing anything by Bon Jovi which we agreed too and neither of us are any good at singing Alice Cooper so we’re sticking to the softer stuff.

With a metal twist off course, the results have been……mixed…….

“I can’t wait to get back to America.” I commented with a groan as Jake finished his cover of “Every Step You Take” by The Police and whilst the song is both wildly misunderstood by idiots who don’t think about the lyrics and overplayed the death metal twist did give it a good twist and amused the crowd. “Yes, even though we’ve only been in Japan for a few days now.”

“Give it until the end of the tour and you won’t want to leave.” Shane commented with a shrug as Jake returned to our booth and sat down. “Besides Jake can’t get enough of the tentacle anime.”

“I said before, the correct term is hentei.” Jake responded with a whisper mostly because we were in a public place but also because of the music that was playing. “And besides, I can import the stuff just as easy.”

“Yeah I’m never looking at your anime collection if I can help it.” I responded with a deadpan expression on my face and Jake shrugged. “Anyway, I know we came out here to chill out ahead of my first title defense in three years but I still need to focus on Melody.”

“We know and you’ll get your chance soon, we signed up to do a metal duet of Livin’ La Vida Loca.” Jake responded and upon seeing the funny look I was giving them Shane nodded in response. “You can go outside and do your promo then.”

“Yeah I guess, I kinda wish that I didn’t need the cameraman because that sounds epic!” I responded with a laugh as a couple of other patrons took to the stage. “But alas I have a promo to do and I’m not doing it all on my IPhone!”

“Well you could but the video quality would suck!” Shane responded and I nodded in agreement.

“Exactly!” I responded with a grin before taking a sip of my drink, a few minutes passed and Jake and Shane where called up to the stage. “See you guys after my promo, don’t sign me up for any songs whilst I’m done.”

“Would we do that?” Shane asked with a grin and I gave him a knowing look causing him to sigh in annoyance. “Your right, we would.”

“Don’t worry, we wouldn’t sign you up to sing Baby by Justin Bieber.” Jake responded and I shuddered in response before leaving the bar, the street outside the bar was pretty deserted aside from a couple of people who had clearly gotten drunk way to early for their own good but regardless I got ready to do my first promo as the new Internet Champion.

“It’s been two weeks since I won the title from Mercedes at Blaze of Glory and yet it still feels surreal to hold a single’s title again! Then again the fact that it’s been three years since I last held a single’s title before this one might have something to do with it but that’s not what’s important right now, this week on Climax Control I have a promise to upkeep!”

And it involves another old friend of mine!

“Melody, we’ve had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster, let’s be honest with ourselves here! First I pretended to beat you up to get a match with Odette Ryder fresh off of her showing her true colors a couple of Blaze of Glories ago but then we’re buddies again and this week we’re facing off one on one for the first time ever with the Bombshell Internet Championship on the line and all because I’m a woman of my word, I said that I’ll give you the first shot if I beat Mercedes since you beat her first two weeks before Blaze of Glory but that doesn’t mean I’ll drop the belt without a fight!”

It’s that simple.

“It’s like I said on Twitter, i hope you’re ready for war Melody because I’m not losing this belt without a fight and you know what? Tommy Knocks was right for once, don’t get used to that feeling Tommy, I haven’t had the best luck when it comes to winning and holding titles so far in my SCW career but this Sunday I’ll break that tradition when I retain the title over you Melody!”

Pretty sure I just heard Tommy turn his TV off.

“Going into this year I had two goals in mind, one: win a title for fuck’s sake! Two: hold onto that title for fuck’s sake and yes, that is my exact wording! I’ve already accomplished one of those goals and, well just look at the picture in front of you!” I said as held up my title. “You want this title Melody? Too bad because I am not losing it on my first defense and after I beat you I’ll move on to bigger and better competition, don’t get me wrong Melody, you’re a great wrestler but not good enough to beat me!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!”

“Going into Blaze of Glory this was my belt to win and this week it’s my belt to retain for the first time! Melody you basically earned this match because you pinned the now former Bombshell Internet Champion Mercedes Vargas at the last show before Blaze of Glory but I won’t go down as easily as Mercedes did, keep this in mind Melody, I’d make a better politician than most of the current US Candidates because I follow through on promises and when I beat you I’ll follow through on that promise as well This is the Heavy Metal Angel Jessie Salco signing off, see you at Climax Control Melody!”

I went back inside the club as the scene fades.