Author Topic: Chapter 2: Glass shards  (Read 249 times)

Offline MelanieGabrielle

• View Profile
    • Melanie Gabrielle
Chapter 2: Glass shards
« on: July 10, 2015, 11:53:59 PM »
 Book 1: Crimson Blitz
Chapter 2: Glass shards (Aka We're not gonna take it)
A loud scream would have shaken the castle if it were an Earth quake. No one was home besides two people and these two people were in one of the many bathrooms. Samuel Devereux walked in with small tweezers as he carefully walked around Melanie Gabrielle who was lying on the rug; face down. You could see glass shards all over her black angel wing with a bit of blood coming out of it. Samuel let out a loud audio sigh and Mel turned her head to look at her husband. Alright sitting next to her was an empty bowl and another bowl with water in it. Her tank top was rolled up to her neck and shoulders and her hair was off to her right side.

Samuel: I’m not mad at you.

Melanie: I know.

Samuel: I’m just worried about you.

Melanie: I know.

Samuel lit a match to Mel’s oil warmer. The candle started to catch fire and Sam tossed the match into the toilet’s bowl. Samuel bent over on the left side of Mel and he eyed her tattoo. But it wasn’t what people really believe it to be. Yes it was a tattoo but Mel had it enchanted so she could actually use it. If it wasn’t for that back piece she would have been hurt even worse.

Samuel: I figured it would help you stay calm.

Melanie: thank you.

The scent of roses filled her noise and Sam could see that it was calming her breathing down.

Samuel: Okay I’m gonna get these shards out of your wings. After that I want you to pop them out to make sure I got all of them. Then you’re getting in the tub after that. Do you understand?

Mel only nodded. Sam went to one of the shards on the outside of the tattoo. Carefully he grabbed onto a shard and he heard Mel huff and probably she winced when he pulled it out. He tossed it the empty bowl and rinsed the tweezers in the bowl with water.

Samuel: Are you okay?

Again she nodded. Sam guessed she had about ten to forty or even fifty shards in her wings.

Samuel: So tell me what happened, how the heck did you get glass in your back?

Melanie: Okay so this is what all happened. I ended up having to go on a hunt alone; my partner had to pull out last moment because of a family emergency. What I didn’t know was how bad it was going to be. We thought this was going to be a simple “go in and get rid of the issue” but it wasn’t that. I ended up falling into a trap; a witch ended up summing a werewolf and it basically threw me out of a third story window. I summoned up my wings figuring I’d be able to stop myself from falling but I was too late. I swear that the fall was a bit slower though. So I ended up falling onto the ground with my wings taking the glass in them. I didn’t feel a thing until they were back into their tattoo state. It was so painful I nearly passed out before being able to teleport back home. Thankfully you were home, in a way I wish it was Michael but you’re doing a good job honestly.

Mel smiled at him and Sam just kept taking the shards out.

Melanie: Just I didn’t know and I don’t blame you if you’re-

Samuel: Melanie, I’m not mad at you. Please don’t think that I am. Worried yes, mad no.

Melanie: Don’t be, that’s my job.

Samuel: To worry?

Mel for the third time.

Samuel: You don’t need to Mel, when I married you I promised you everything. I even promised that your worry is mine. So when you are worried, I am too. You’re not alone in this and you’ll never be. I will always have your back.

Melanie: Thanks.

Samuel: Anytime.

Melanie: How much more do you got?

Samuel: Just the right wing now. You going to be okay?

Melanie: Yeah I just want this to be over with. Um…do you think you could make me some tea after you finish?

Samuel: Sure, whatever you want Mel.

Melanie: Thanks. Oh Athena’s at my Father’s house for the week. I guess he wanted to be with her.

Samuel: I heard, that’s fine. Plus I’ve been wanting some private time with you.

Sam winked causing a chuckle from his wife.

Melanie: Oh you naughty man!

The couple laughed.

Melanie: Done yet?!

Samuel: Yes, yes I’m done. Alright you get in and I’ll get that tea. Passion fruit I’m guessing?

Mel nodded getting up. Samuel grabbed the two bowls and exited the room. A few minutes later Sam had return with the cup in hand. He knocked on the bathroom door but it opens itself.

Melanie: Stay with me?

Samuel: If my Queen wishes it, it’s granted.

Samuel handed Mel the cup and Mel took a sip from it. She smiled tasting the sweetness of it on her tongue.

Melanie: You’re on your a-game Sam. You even put the herbs in the bath water and you got the tea right.

Samuel: I do pay attention to you.

Mel smiled up at him.

Melanie: I thank God. You know Lucy has been killing it as of late!

Samuel: I've noticed that. I'm proud of you both. You two have shut up anyone who has dared to disrespect you both. They should pay attention and note that you don't flaunt your accomplishments every single week like some you'd face before. You always back up what you say just as much. You both have grown since you started and I'm happy I could be in your life.

Mel blushed.

Melanie: Thank you; it's been fun these past years. It's not wise provoking me either. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I make a better ally than an enemy. It never turns out good for them. The Clan is a group you want on your side or you can end up in Hel itself.

They both chuckle.

Samuel: Alright so what about this week?

Melanie: I'm facing Twister Sister.

Sam and Mel look at each. You could tell they were resisting laughing. The two of them were proud metal heads and they were trying not to go there.

Sam: I'm trying not to even go there.

Melanie: You know what...fuck it. WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT! No we ain't gonna take it anymore!

Sam couldn't help but to laugh.

Melanie: We've got the right to choose and there ain't no way we'll loose momentum. No I am going to the ring and keep up this streak Lucy has help build up. I'm not going to let my little sister down and this is our life, this is our song!

Sam: Here we go.

Melanie: I'll fight the powers that be. Just don't think you'll pick up an easy win. You don't know me, you don't belong! I know people think that I'm probably weak, that I'm easy and that I won't do anything here in SCW. But you know I'll fight and you'll see! Lucy and I aren't going to take it! I promise we're going to be here in SCW and I swear if I see any pledge pins on anyone, I'm gonna smack the shit outta them!

Sam by this time is on the floor losing it.

Melanie: Hey focus! I know Twisted Sister isn't an easy woman either. She cut the shit out of Jess during "Into the void". She reminds me of Lucien but in a chick form.

Sam: Wait you mean to tell me we're facing a psychopath? But instead of fire, we're dealing with barbwire...wait wouldn't that be Crow instead?

Mel nodded.

Melanie: Okay good point! But yeah this metal chick isn't someone we should tread lightly. She wants to win this match but she's going up against a woman who can handle herself in the ring. I've been in worse types of matches like the Inferno matches and I got burned and trust me...it wasn't fun. Lucy's been in barbed wire she says it's a bitch. But this is a normal match. So all you got to work with is yourself. I'm confident that I can do this Sam and I know you feel the same. I'm going into this match and I'm going to fight like we're in a mosh pit and win. Losing isn't an option and I won't let anyone stop me. I know when to fight clean and when to fight dirty and if you think for a second Twisted Sister that I won't come into this match without rocking. You see I can be metal and you can't kill the metal! I'll strike you down a vicious blow and not think twice. I'm not in pain, you see the glass shards in my back aren't the worst pain I've been in. Barbwire if you even try to use it won't even hurt either. Nothing hurts worse than seeing your love ones die before your eyes.

Mel sighed.

Mel: Good luck and let's rock.

Fade to black.
user posted image