Author Topic: A burning desire  (Read 263 times)

Offline Ryan Keys

• View Profile
    • Ryan Keys
A burning desire
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »
 One O'clock in the morning
Ryan’s apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
[Off Camera]

Ryan was tired. His back was sore, and the gentle sting from where his skin was burned still remained after so long. It had been a long week after the events of Blaze of Glory and he was glad to be finally home to sleep in his own bed. He placed the shot glass in the sink and decided he would wash it in the morning. A bit of whiskey every now and again helped him sleep better after each grueling match that seem to get worse each coming week. Bare chested and wearing a pair of black boxers Ryan trudged wearily back in his bedroom, his feet barely lifting up from the ground.  Just as soon as he was about to belly flop onto his bed, the doorbell sounded.

Fuck. Who the hell could it be that time of night?  Fuck it! It wasn’t even night, it was past one in the morning. Ryan hoped that who ever it was would go away but the bell sounded persistently again.

“Comin’!” He yelled as he almost trips over a shirt that was too small to be his and walks wearily to the door. Whoever it was better had a good reason or he was going to cuss them the hell out.

Opening the door he found James Arthur Coleman standing there. He was wearing cut off jeans and a black hoodie. On his feet were his favorite nike sneakers. But more importantly he noticed a shiner starting to form around James’s right eye.

“What the fuck happened to you?” Ryan hoped to hell James didn’t go and get himself caught up in any shit. He prayed that he had an accident with some gym equipment or hit himself with the toothpaste cap.

“Can I come in?” James looked up at him shyly from underneath the black hood.

“Yeah man, c’mon. Jesus.” Ryan ushered James in and then closed and locked the door. “ And take off those shoes. You’re getting mud all over the floor.”

James took off his sneakers and placed them by the front door. Then he paddled barefoot to Ryan’s couch and sat. He stared at the wall right in front of him and said nothing.

Ryan sat next to James looking at him. Waiting for type of explanation as to why he was at his door so early in the morning, and more importantly what happened to him.

“So you want to tell me what’s going on?” Ryan asked.

James’s face was tense, almost as if he was mad but Ryan could sense some sadness there also. What the hell happened to him?

“So are you gonna talk?”Ryan inquired a few minutes later. He was tired.  His back ached. He wanted to sleep and James wasn’t responding.

Ryan stood up. “Okay fine. Don’t talk. Couch is yours or whatever, I’m going to bed.” He turned to make his way to the bedroom when James said something that made him stop dead in his tracks.

â€œI met your uncle.”

Ryan stood still as if he was frozen in time. No, he couldn’t have heard right. James didn’t just say what he thought he heard him say.

He turned around and looked at the back of the hooded figure sitting on his couch. “I’m sorry, I think I have something crazy stuck in my ears. What did you just say?” His voice low and uncertain.

James pulled the hoodie off his head. His dark brown hair was damp and disheveled. He ran his hair through it and took a deep breath. “I said that I met your uncle.”

Ryan walked back to the couch. His face contorted with confusion. “You met… MY uncle.” There were so many things wrong with that sentence. Starting with the fact that Ryan’s uncle had been in prison for as long as he can remember.

James looked up at him and nodded his head. “Yeah, I did.”

Ryan sat down on a nearby breakfast bar stool. ”Well I guess that explains the black eye.”

He looked at James and it seemed that he was almost on the verge of tears.

”But wait a minute,”Ryan said. “How the hell did you meet him? He’s been in prison.I mean I guess they might have left him out, but they would have told me about it first. And even then, how would he know you knew me?”

“I don’t know!” James practically yelled.

He came to his feet and walked to Ryan. “He took Melissa.” The words came out Hoarsely over a choked back tear but Ryan heard them clearly.

Ryan felt the blood blood rush straight out of his body. “He took her?”

James nodded.

“Fuck… I need a drink.” Ryan brushed part James went over to the kitchen sink. Guess he would have to clean the glass now.

As he rinsed off the glass he felt James eyes boring through him. He went over the cabinet and took down the Jack Daniels and poured himself a shot and raised the glass to his lips.

“So are you just going to stand there and drink?”

Ryan snapped at him. “What the fuck do you expect me to do? My uncle is a psychopath that was put away before I could even walk and now you come over telling me that he’s out, took my one of my friends, most definitely hit you and could possibly know where I am. What the hell do you expect from me?”  Ryan slammed the glass down on the counter, spilling some of the liquid over the sides.

“To do something.” James said slowly.

“Like what James!? The man’s crazy. Look what he did to you. And he’s got Melissa who’s probably scared out of her mind right now.”

“I tried to fight him off.” James gritted his teeth. “I just couldn’t do it by myself.”

Ryan exhales slowly. “Okay… then what’s the plan?”

\'user

“As Blaze of Glory ends it’s unforgiving flames die down with it. One by one those flames scorched a few men and singed their dreams of being a champion. Yet one man’s dreams burned so brightly that some say he burned himself. He blinded himself at the sight of his goal and left himself open to his next gruesome fate. How much more can this man take? Is not the question people should be asking. How much more is this man willing to endure to get what he been fighting for? It’s the question that should be asked. Ryan Keys has endured one career ending match one after the other, and even though most haven’t gone in his favor the lessons he’s learn burn deep inside him."

"The burns on his body heal, yet the fire inside him can never go away. Now with his goal so close to him again his flames burn brighter than ever. He’s put his body through a lot of pain, and now he’s planning to dish it out the next time he steps inside the ring. And at Climax control he has his eyes set on extinguishing another man's fire. Only then will his fire settle down once he sees the blackened remains of another man’s reign, only then will he be satisfied until he craves more… The list of potential victims grown larger by the hour.”  

"A burning desire"
Fire Station 6 - Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
[On Camera]

The heat of the work environment pales in comparison that is the heat inside the fire station currently.  It’s unbearable, steamy, most likely someone left the sauna door open in the locker room. Through the stations corridors  a single pair of footsteps can be heard, a small stride of work boots coming nearer and nearer. It was until a few moments ago that a man came into full view. Dressed from head to toe in an official fireman uniform did Ryan Keys stroll into the scene. His face is dirtied with the dark remains of ashes staining his skin while sweat slowly pours down his body. Removing his jacket the undershirt he wear clings to his muscular body, his inked arms are covered in ashes as he enters the stations locker room.

Sliding off the suspenders over his shoulders he tugs off the saturated fabric that his shirt. The rest of his uniform is worn and tattered, a visual result of how hard he’s worked to get the job done. The pants already have a few tears, as the yellow color is faded by the ashes over them. Taking off his gloves he tosses them down to the bench where he sits to rest his exhausted body. There's an audible groan when he works the kinks out of his aching muscles, protesting every movement he makes, but even though he’s tired Ryan would never give up.

With another deep groan he leaned back and caught his breath. Changing his focus with a smirk to those that are watching.

"Man it's hot in here. Not sure if it's the locker room, the burns on my body, or this uniform. Since I'm not not for a guy that wears a lot of clothes I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's the uniform. And yet, it goes so well with this fantasy I'm trying to create this week. One out of a long list of fantasies I know a lot of people have with me in them. But there is no denying it. I look good in uniform."

He rests his head against the concrete wall as he stares at the camera. His lips always smiling in ways a lot of people can misinterpret.

"But tonight I'm not here to show off how good I look as a fireman, no. I'm dressed this way on purpose, just to give an extra something to that old record that is me talking about Steve Ramone, and how two weeks ago I came so close to becoming the SCW Roulette champion again. Every little thing was going great. I arrived at Stockton only getting lost once, my ring gear was all laced up nice and tight, and I even got to swing around on the scaffolding as a warm up. But what I didn't count on was that Blaze of glory was only going to get hotter once my match came up."

Ryan leans forward off the wall  as his hand goes down to unlace his worn boots, tugging at each string harshly like he's done so many times with his own ring boots.

"When the roulette wheel started to spin I already knew that it was going to be a long night. It was already long enough with the bosses calling out names and making the weirdest teams I've ever heard of. Then again I don't like teaming up so I didn't pay that much attention to it. Back to the wheel I didn't see a single normal match on it, at least no normal matches four guys could have in the ring, I mean leather strap matches and street matches are alright, but what the hell is a fulfill you fantasy match? That one was kinda weird. Still I would have pulled for that one to win the roulette of the one that did. An Inferno match. Now that's just great, right? You let a man that went through a Hardcore Bourbon Street Bar Brawl at Inception one week and Barbed Wire Massacre Match the next. So when the four of us got doused down with fire repellent it sunk into me that I would have had to pull off something special. And I did. I barely saw Shipman. The current champion TNA feel for the old matrix move, the only one left was Steve Ramone who just loves to ruin a good thing going."

He takes off his boots and sets them down on the floor with a thud as he leans his elbows against his thighs. With the stare he shakes his head as the heat builds up inside him at the thought of Steve. Rolling his shoulders he rests his body just to cool off.

"There are no words that can describe the fire building up inside me just by the sound of that name. The rage, the understandable anger that anyone that has ever faced Steve gets easily just by looking at him. And I would gladly hate to wrestle with this guy... if only it wasn't so damn fun. Steve brings out the best and worst in people, and all that does is lite a fire inside, an unspoken desire to shut him up and give him what he deserves. But he can't make it that easy, can he? No, even if you get as close to finishing him as I did at the PPV that snake slithers off. If he doesn't he has his dog and bodyguards to do his work for him. So you can understand what kind of mentality one has to have when facing him. Just like a forest fire burning brightly there is no hesitating, as soon as you find an opening you take it and hope that nothing pops up to ruin things. And just like that fire it takes a while and a lot of hard work to extinguish it."

Getting to his feet Ryan slowly walks closer to the camera, letting it roam over his worked body that he's managed to build up even more since the last time. A simple visual of how ready Ryan is. He smirks once the camera focuses on his face.

"Steve if you think I had no business challenging you in the past then you better think again. No only have I showed you that my business is to challenge you, but I've showed you how ready I am, I've showed you how much fight I have in me and I've showed you how brightly my fire burns each and every time I get inside that ring. I've proven that I can beat you, and more than that I've proven that I can beat you three times in a row. I'm sure you don't remember that, right Steve? Well if you don't I'm more than happy to burn the memory that is my beating you into that small brain of yous. I'm ready to extinguish this small reign you got going on, because everyone knows that my fire is big enough to put yours down before it even starts."

Ryan steps back a bit to grab a towel from off the rack and slowly stars to unbutton his pants, revealing the deep V-cut going down to his groin. With a subtle smirk he raises a brow before he starts to walk, but only stops for a second.

"This next part is only for paying customers only."

Just like that the camera cuts off the footage, ending this porting of the promo while a different kind of video was about to be shot a few minutes from there.

user posted image[/center …]