Author Topic: Sinking Ship  (Read 248 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
Sinking Ship
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »
 \'user

THE SETBACK
SCENE ONE

From head to toe Calvin was covered in sweat, it was even dripping from those long dark locks of his. His body was aching, he was in a little of pain, but most of all he felt nothing more than embarrassment. Stepping down the steps of the gorilla position, Calvin was hoping that he wasn’t going to have to see any of the people that worked for the company. Granted that was next to impossible considering that it was a show and more importantly it was a Supershow at that. Course the reason for that is because he didn’t want anyone to see that look of embarrassment overcoming those usually handsome features.

All of this embarrassment was coming from what had happened out in the ring seconds ago. Calvin found himself in the ring with a man by the name of Dax Brackett. Don’t worry if the name doesn’t ring a bell. He is a virtually a nobody, and that was the problem. Calvin had quite possibly one of the easiest matches of his career. If anything it would have seemed as if he was being handed a win by the company that employed him or maybe it was part of some sick joke all along. Because what happened was Calvin ended up being defeated by a man that literally meant nothing to wrestling business.

Calvin was meant to be a young kid with a famous last name, but more importantly than that. He was creating his own name. It was a name that was pretty much out there and remembered, but now it was going to be a name that was clowned on and made fun of going forward. All because of this loss. This loss was going to stick with him for quite sometime. It wouldn’t be something that was forgotten anytime soon and that was the worst part about it. He simply wasn’t going to be able to escape it. Even if it was a fluke, the point remained he lost and that’s all that people were going to remember.

I can’t fucking believe it!

He couldn’t prevent himself from speaking out loud as he had started to make his way down the hall. That’s just how frustrated he was with the situation at hand. How could he have let this happen? How could he have dropped the ball against such a worthless person? Quickly the thought that maybe he had lost his edge had crossed through his mind. Something that hadn’t been that uncommon as of late. Considering the fact that for the last several months of his wrestling career simply hadn’t been what he had hoped, what he had wanted, and what he had expected. This was just adding to the already high stacked pile of disappointments.

In that moment Calvin came to a stop right outside of the personal locker room. He gripped a hold of the door handle starting to turn it to the side in order to allow himself into the locker room. At the same exact time though a familiar face to the Sin City Wrestling Universe found herself. She was a brunette woman with a rather nice... well you get the point... and she happened to go by the name of Ms. Rocky Mountains. She didn’t come alone though as she had a camera crew with her. It was clear she had intentions of getting an inside scoop of some kind.

Calvin...

No...

You don’t even know what I’m going to say.

The answer is no!

All I want is a few...

Before she could finish her statement. Calvin had already turned the knob all the way and pushing the locker room door shut allowing himself on the inside. The loud BANG sound of the door being slammed shut is what had truly cut her off. The point being driven home that he truly had no intentions of speaking to her about anything. Within the confines of the locker room, Calvin had his body pressed up against the door preventing anyone from even attempting to open and coming inside. His head was hanging low just a little bit. Sighing heavily in frustration.

This was exactly what he wanted to avoid. Going forward it was going to be people asking question after question and constantly bringing up tonight. Escaping just wasn’t going to be an option for him. Pushing himself away from the wall he proceeded to push himself off the wall and make his way over towards the steel chair where his gym bag was sitting. Tossing the gym bag out of the chair and to the floor. He was left with just one option. Pack his things and head on home for the night. He would have to go home, look his girlfriend, and his daughter in the eyes to admit that he was a failure.

Sure it wouldn’t matter to them at the end of the day. They were going to love him all the same. Yet to him going home after being away, just to say that he failed. That made him feel worse than he did. Not only did he drop the ball against someone that wasn’t worth a damn, but now he had to admit that he was without a doubt a failure. All in all this had just not been his night, but the sooner than he could get the hell out of the arena and the sooner he could hop on a plane. The sooner he could at least begin to get some sleep and right now that was the only thing he was looking forward to as well as the only positive to his night.

SINKING SHIP
SCENE TWO

From Seattle, Washington to Reno, Nevada wasn’t that bad of a flight. An hour and some change depending on the weather. That’s exactly why Calvin Harris had waited until this morning to leave his home. Granted, he was all packed up the night before. So it didn’t involve him being up extra early. Good thing was he could catch a flight at ten in the morning and find himself in Reno around noon. Reasoning behind the flight that had everything to do with Sin City Wrestling. Back in October, not long after Pure Amusement Wrestling folded. Calvin decided it wasn’t done wrestling yet and he wasn’t going to let his passion be killed.

Making a couple of phone calls and getting in contact with the right people had brought the man into Sin City Wrestling. From the story he told, he got quite the deal which resulted in some big cash for him. However his time in the company was quickly becoming a joke. In fact most people were forgetting that he even worked for the company. Only two matches in and in those matches, he hadn’t impressed enough to have his name all over the banners. Almost started to appear as if Calvin being in Sin City Wrestling wasn’t exactly the best choice for him. Something that he was starting to see more than others.

FADE IN

The moment the scene found itself fading in thanks to an official SCW camera crew. Right away the focal point became the man that was commonly referred to as “The Martyr” also known as Calvin Harris. He found himself in the middle of the SCW ring. Seemed like he was the only one in the building at this point. By the light from the outside beeming into the empty building it was safe to say that it was still fairly early. That being said Calvin found himself leaning against the ropes a little bit. His narrowed dark eyes finding the lens of the cameras as he spoke in a cold manner.

Was it meant to be some kind of joke?

That question was sure to leave people with a confused expression on their face. Not really sure of what he was referring to, but the good news was with him having a big mouth. It wouldn’t be long before he was speaking again.

The entire build up for my match this week. The thing that people have been talking about. The one situation that everyone is talking about is how whomever promoted the match on the website seemed to take a shot at me. Seemed to have taken a little jab at me. The match in which I came up short in at High Stakes is what the focus was. Citing how I lost the match and how I’m going to be going into Climax Control with an zero and one record. Yeah... sounds like someone was aiming to get some big time laughs at my expense.

A good amount of frustration was heard in his voice while pushing himself off the ropes. Shaking his head just a little bit pacing around the ring a few times. Only to stop seconds later with that same glaring expression and look right back at the camera addressing the viewers.

However there’s a little bit a problem with that. First and foremost, the problem is whomever is in charge of the SCW website. Whomever is in charge of rewriting little blurbs to help hype the matches. It seems to me they’re completely incapable of doing their job, well at least doing their job correctly. Because of one they stated that High Stakes was my debut match to Sin City Wrestling. That’s completely false. My debut took place on October 30th. Just a little over a month ago, I had my first match in Sin City Wrestling against Caleb Houston. And not only did I have my first match. I knocked out Caleb Houston in front of thousands of people... which means I walked away that night with a victory!

He put heavy emphasis on the word victory. For a good reason one would have to assume, and sure enough that would be the case.

To which brings me to the next point. It was hyped up that I was going into this match with a zero and one record, but that can’t be the case if I had my hand raised in victory on the Halloween Edition of Climax Control. That would mean that I am walking into this match with a record of one and one. Yes, one win and one loss. Granted it should be two wins and zero losses. I could go on and on about how I shouldn’t have lost to a guy that isn’t even going to be around going forward. I could go on and on about how biased the official was during that match. I could go on and on about how biased the people running this joint are. But honestly, it isn’t going to do me any good. Fact of the matter is at the end of the day I still loss and I have to deal with that. However the point is... If you’re going to shit talk me, at least get your fucking facts right!

A little bit more rage came out of the twenty eight year old man. Sure sounded like this situation had gotten under his skin, quite possibly more than it should have.

And I know there are going to be a ton of people wondering why exactly I am wasting my time on a detail that is so minor? It’s simple, I do not stand for my name being tarnished. I do not stand for my legacy taking a hit. I do not stand for my reputation being ruined. By some editor of a website making up crystal clear lies about me is going to do nothing but tarnish my name and ruin reputation. It’s bad enough that I am already taking a hit by being in association with Sin City Wrestling. It’s very much like the Titanic. The company is a sinking ship. Have you actually bothered to look around at what is going on in this company?

You’ve got men that are meant to be in power at odds with one another. You’ve got some of the worst bottom of the barrel talent, not only working here but are “names” in this company. And people who have no business being in a wrestling ring to begin with are champions that are meant to represent this company. What in the hell is wrong with you people? How the hell have you survived this long? And when the hell do you plan on getting your act together? Sinking ships are eventually going to fill with water and they’re going to drown. Is that what you want? Do you want to be that brave captain that goes down with your ship?

There was a slight raise in his eyebrow as he addressed the camera and more so the viewers. Surely the words that he was using was bound to get under the skin of people. Those people were the ones that were in charge of everything, but at the same time. Based on the way he was carrying himself. It should have been pretty clear that he wasn’t too concerned with upsetting anyone or getting under anyone’s skin. After all they had gotten under his already.

Like I said I know I’m tarnishing my name and my reputation by even being associated with the company, but at the exact same time. I can save my name and my reputation, by being the man that saves this sinking ship. Yet at the same time the only way that can be done is by being given opportunities I deserve and by having my time here utilize in the best way. The only way that can be done is by being in matches that have importance and being up against these so called “names” so I can prove that they’re trash. By getting championship chances against these so called champions that way I can out-wrestle  and prove they should have never been holding gold in the first place.

By no means were those comments going to come off as shocking, Calvin had made himself out to be quite the arrogant young man. His reputation spoke for itself everywhere he went. He was a man that truly believed that he was the greatest gift that had ever been put on earth and there was no getting him to reconsider the idea.

If I am in the main event, people are going to be more inclined to pay more attention. If I find myself draped in gold, people are going to be more inclined to pay tickets to see a real champion and a real wrestler, but instead you people choose to stick me in matches that have no important and do zero for me. Case and point, the match you’ve got me in on Climax Control. Like what in the hell do I gain from being in the ring with Matt Spears? What does that do for me? What does that do for the company? Do you people even truly think about booking or do you just slap a match together and go “Ehhh, that’s good enough?” Because that’s what it seems like.

In a matter of seconds the sound of rage that had consumed him had changed to the sound of disappointment. Quite possibly mixed with a little bit of shame at the same time.

Well, I’ve been dealt the hand I’ve been dealt and I’ve got two options. I can either deal with it and do what I do best, or I can complain about it and watch as nothing gets done... which in reality leaves me with one option. I’m going to deal with it. As you can see I’ve shown up. I’m here. I’m going to climb into the ring and I’m going to wrestle this Matt Spears kid, but I assure you that it isn’t going be very pretty. As a matter of fact Sin City Wrestling. I can promise you this much. The kid’s blood is going to be on your hands. I’m not going to be the one taking responsibility for anything that happens to him tonight, even if it is coming by my hand.

Why should I be the one that takes responsibility for it? I’m not the one that told you to book me against a kid that isn’t going to provide me any competition. I’m not the one that told you to put me in the ring with someone that hasn’t been seen in the ring in a couple of months. It isn’t my fault at all that you have decided to continue to waste my talents and not put me in positions that I rightfully deserve to be in. Therefore you’re leaving me with no other options than to make sure that I hurt Matt Spears. Not only hurt him, but leave him in a position that is essentially going to be the end of his run here in SCW.

With a small shrug of his shoulders, Calvin was making it clear that he didn’t truly care too much for the opponent that he was going to be in the ring with, but not just that. He was also making it more than clear that he didn’t have too much care for the well being of his opponent either. Made it sound like there was some very wicked things that he was planning in the back of his head.

Trust me Spears, I know that you think that you’re something special. After all you’re connected to this supposed Elders faction to which each and every single one of you think that you’re so great gift to wrestling. To be honest, I don’t know what’s so great about a bunch of Asians that are banded together. I’m sure that there’s some story to this and one that Confucius himself might considered interesting. I on the other hand don’t know the story, I don’t care to know the story, and even if I did know the story. It wouldn’t be interesting to me. Point still is that you’re going to go into this match on cloud nine because you’ve got this aura, all this clout, and all this hype around you. Then in a matter of seconds I’m going to be the one that burst your little bubble when I kick you in the face!

There was a certain amount of confidence that oozed right out of him upon making that statement. That statement was surely going to force Spears to go into this match on his toes.

You claim to be from the same city I am from. Good ol’ Chicago, Illinois but here tonight we’re going to see just how much Chicago blood runs through your veins. For you see I’ve never met anyone from that city that’s a coward. I’ve never met anyone from that city that doesn’t know how to fight and I’ve never met anyone from that city that doesn’t actually know their way around the ring. Call it a gut feeling if you want, but something tells me there’s a good reason why you hide behind four other people. Something tells me there is a reason why you are aligned with people instead of being on your own.

Something just tells me that you aren’t the type of man that knows his way around the wrestling ring and that you aren’t the type of man that knows how to fight. If that hunch I have turns out to be correct, then this night is going to be so much more fun than it was originally planned out to be. Because in that case I am going to take my time with putting you away. Some animals like to play with their prey before devouring it. I’ve heard people call that cruel, but that’s just how it works sometimes. I intend on being like an animal that plays with his prey before I devour you, Spears.

That’s exactly why you can expect me to not kick you in the face just once. I’m not going to kick you in the face just twice. No, I’m going to kick you in the face a couple different times. Much like I plan to beat my fist into your face a few times as well. And then when you're bleeding from the nose. When your eyes are swelled up to the point that you can’t see. I’m going to step back and watch you flop around the ring in a panic, looking for your way out. Yes, I am going to give you the chance to try and make a run for it. Sit back and watch it all with a smirk on my face.

To back up his statement, he let that sinister smirk of his start to cross his lips.

Then when you do manage to find your way out of the ring. I’ll let you start to crawl up the ramp with the intentions of escaping. I’ll let you get all the way to the top of the ramp before I stomp down on your ankle and shatter it into pieces leaving you in pain and agony. To which I’ll grab you by your hair, I’ll pull you up to the one good foot you have left, and I’ll take you right back to this hell hole they call a professional wrestling. I’ll toss your worthless behind back into the ropes and that’s when I’ll end it. That’s when I shall end your pain and suffering.

In front of all your Elders. In front of the max two hundred people that come to these shows. I’ll drop you straight on your head and neck with the Art of Betrayal before rolling you over and letting you look up at the bright lights while the referee counts the three. Then the last thing you’re going to see before your body finally gives under all the pain and before you pass out in the center of the ring. You’re going to see me standing over you with my hand raised in victory. You’ll see what a true winner looks like. You’ll get the chance to see the man that’s going to lead Sin City Wrestling to the promise land.

His smirk had gotten a little bigger as it was a matter of Calvin truly believing everything that he was letting come out of his mouth at that particular moment. Surely, Spears would have a different story to tell and surely other people would be hell bent on stating that those were false claims. Yet again there wasn’t going to be anyone that changed that mindset.

I’ve always known that no one is going to do it for you. You’ve got to go out and do it all yourself. In order to be the success than I know I can be then I have to take matters into my own hands. Tonight will mark the era of the Martyr officially beginning!

For that very brief moment, Calvin kept those dark eyes of his focused on the cameras making sure that his last words would be the ones that were heavily focused on. In that moment though the cameras found themselves starting to zoom out just featuring Calvin in the ring by himself. Only for a few seconds later for the cameras to officially end their recording.

FADE OUT

For nearly two months now Calvin hadn't been able to make the impact that he seemed to have been wanting to make. For the past two months Calvin has been looked at as just another guy on the Sin City Wrestling roster. For the last two months, Calvin hasn't been able to stand out on his own and to be the superstar that he claims that he is. Why was that? Well that was a question that didn't have an answer. Not a concrete answer anyway and one that wouldn't be satisfying to him or even the fans. He would blame it on others and the fans would blame it all on him. It would be nothing more than a matter of going around and around and around. Nothing would get solved that way, but from the final words that he had left with the Sin City Wrestling made it seem like he was a man that was going to turn it all around and if that was the case all hell might break loose.