Author Topic: {{HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER}}  (Read 299 times)

Offline Giani Di Luca

• View Profile
{{HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER}}
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:58:24 PM »
 ”I can’t help but feel… like things are actually startin’ to look up for me.  I’m finally startin’ to get the fans on my side.  I’m openin’ my mind up to the possibilities that I might not be as perfect as I once thought, and… Okay.  Who am I kiddin’ with that last part?  I’m the “Reflection of Perfection”, baby… But I legit feel like I’ve done some things that was probably pretty shitty over the last several months.  I can admit to that now, thanks to ya help, doc.  Even if I spent all of Sunday night with a bag of frozen peas on each nut, it was kinda liberatin’ to call out Spike Staggs and apologize like that…”

{Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger}
Club LAX – Post Climax Control

The last of the fans are filing out of the club as they set up for their nightly musical entertainment.  The ring crew has the ropes taken down from the turnbuckles already, and they are working on disassembling the rest of the ring.  One man stands with a clipboard in his hand as he pulls a walkie talkie from his pocket.  It crackles as he speaks indistinctly into it.  Some of the SCW roster has sat back to enjoy a few drinks on the house while catching up with one another, as well as some of the behind-the-scenes crew.  Coming from the make-shift backstage area is Giani Di Luca.  He has his gym bag slung over his shoulder as he looks around at all of the disapproving faces.  He can’t help but bow his head, deflecting the negativity he had become accustomed to over the last several months.  He dodges the busy crew running around, collecting wires and the like, trying to simply stay out of everyone’s way.  His eyes rise for a moment as he spots Misty standing by the bar.  A meek smile spreads over his face as he weaves around, on his way to speak to the former Queen of the Damned.  A glimmer of what he had once felt for her had resonated, even if it were only visible as a twinkle in his eye and a half smile.  As he gets closer to her, he looks up, putting on his usual confident smile.  He opens up his mouth to shout out her name in hopes of catching her attention.

Giani:  Missss-

He stops himself when he sees the scruffy blonde guy that walks up to her.  He sees the genuine happiness in her smile, and he can’t help but think that this guy needed to shave because blonde hair and a red beard just looked ridiculous.  And the tattered baggy jeans died off with Cobain.  And who was he fooling with that hoodie that just happened to advertise some obscure band that nobody, perhaps even this douchebag, had even heard of.  The jealousy boils within him as he balls his fists up at his side.  Nearly every ounce of his being compelled him to walk over to this pseudo asshole and knock his front teeth down his throat and clear out of his ass.  But that tiny piece of him couldn’t stand the idea of taking that smile from Misty’s face… not again.  He stifles a growl as he simply lowers his head and continues toward the door.  This was one night that he would not be staying until the bar closed down.  He might have very well been the first of the SCW talent to have left for the night… well, other than Mercedes Vargas.  He feels the sweet relief of the door.  The reverie that awaits him on the other side brushes over his entire body as he places his hand on the black gate-like door.  No sooner than he felt the cold wrought iron in his hand, he also felt a cold hand grip onto his shoulder.  He simply stops himself as he takes a deep breath, ready to deal with someone he had very likely pissed off at some point over the last year.  He turns around, and who should he find but…

Spike:  Where the hell do you think you are going?

Those fucking sunglasses… It’s not even daylight outside, and who would want to take a picture of… awww forget it.

Giani:  I’m doin’ what every person here wants me to do.  I’m walkin’ outta the door.  Unfortunately for them, it is only for the night.

Spike slowly lifts the sunglasses off of his face, letting them rest on his forehead, pushing back his messy spiked black hair back a bit.  His eyes are locked on one of the least expected places of Giani… the NXT shirt he is still wearing underneath his hoodie.  Giani blushes just a little bit as he looks down at it.  There are several silently exchanged words between the two before anyone actually spoke up.

Giani:  Look, I bought it at the merch table, and I thought it would help make my statement more powerful.  I guess you had the louder statement of the evenin’ though, dawg…

Spike slowly looks up to the genuine expression upon Giani’s face.  He narrows his eyes as he studies the look for some sort of flaw, can’t seem to find one.  Spike opens his mouth, showing off his pearly white teeth as he chuckles through a shit-eating grin.

Spike:  Yeah, I’m surprised they didn’t pop out of your mouth like a Nerf gun. But, something doesn’t sit right with me.  I can’t put a finger on it exactly, but I know you’re lying.

Giani:  See… I don’t know why I even bothered.  Everybody just wants to see the worst in me, and no matter what I do, they always will.  The fans shift with the drop of a dime, but nobody else wants to believe that maybe I’m not Satan.

Spike waits patiently for Giani to continue, but Giani reacts by turning around and going for the door once more.  He pops open the door, but doesn’t get one foot out into the hall before Spike leans forward, practically whispering in his ear.

Spike:  The shirt… you didn’t just buy it from the merch table.  That design went out of print nearly a year ago, shortly after you joined NXT.  You held onto the one I gave you, even with all of the shit you and I went through?  After all of the shit you talked on NXT?

Giani simply shrugs his shoulders.  He continues out into the hallway, walking away from Spike, almost as if he were in a hurry.  However, Spike is relentless in his pursuit of answers.  He follows Giani about half way down the corridor, getting in front of him to stop him from going any further.

Spike:  You… you said you burned this.  You said that NXT was worthless, yet you held onto this shirt.  What’s your game, Di Luca?

Giani:  Goddamn it!  Is it so hard to believe that I might have actually changed, bro?  You know what?  I didn’t lie when I said that ya crew of misfits was worthless.  Ya girlfriend is only spank material for nerdy gamer kids livin’ in their momma’s basement.

Spike:  Yeah, she just got lucky three times to become the first Bombshell Grand Slam Champion.  She didn’t nearly kill Parand Ara.  You’re right, she’s *air quotes* worthless…

Giani:  What about Jessie Salco?  Ya can’t get her out of her hotel room unless ya dangle a three way opp in front of her.  She can’t win a match to save her life.  But, who should we really blame here?  Maybe ya own piss poor management?

Spike’s nostrils flare up as he looks dead into Giani’s eyes.  This time, Giani shows no remorse.  Spike simply shakes his head, looking up at the ceiling as he laughs under his breath.  He tries to stifle his laughter as he looks back at Giani.  He wants to form an argument, but before he can, Giani continues on.

Giani:  I ain’t tryin’ to pick no fight with ya, but I wasn’t lyin’ when I said ya had surrounded yaself with a bunch of losers and quitters.  Half of Sin City Wrestlin’ was part of NXT, it seems like.  Misty, Casey Williams, Jordan Williams, Aleksei Koji, myself, Odette Ryder, Derek Thorne, Ben Jordan, Mickey Carroll… everybody but ya brother, ohhh wait!

Spike:  Is there a point to reminding me of my own failures.  I’m not about to give up on those who have been loyal to me for the better part of a year, or longer.  If you are playing some game to get me to call it quits, then you are sorely mistaken “bro”…

Giani:  Exactly the opposite, bro.  NXT is shit right now.  Ya can’t deny it.  Ya got absolutely fuck all to draw the fans in.  Unless ya plannin’ on lacin’ up ya boots again, ya got jack shit besides a big fat “maybe” from Simon Jones.  Yeah, Vixen’s got a title right now, but one half of the Bombshell Tag Team Titles is almost worse than havin’ no title at all.

Spike doesn’t want to admit that Giani is right, and the look on his face seems as if it could possibly kill.  However, he sighs, rubbing at his temples as he closes his eyes tightly.  Spike growls out loud before slamming a fist into the wall.  He takes a moment to compose himself before turning back to Giani, still trying to regulate his breathing.

Spike:  In your infinite wisdom, how can we fix this?  I won’t give up on Vixen or Jessie until they give up on me like everyone else did.  I’m willing to listen to whatever you have to say, Giani.

Giani:  No kicks to the balls?

Spike:  No kicks to the balls, I promise, man…

Giani sets his bag down on the ground next to the wall as a bit of a smile creeps onto his face.  He rolls up the sleeves of his jacket, showing off his toned forearms that are the size of medieval clubs as he looks right at Spike.

Giani:  Well, right now, no one cares about a stable of two chicks led by a retired World and Heavyweight Champion.  But… what if, say… the Number One Contender to SCW’s Heavyweight Championship were to get behind ya stable?  Then, maybe that Number One Contender wins the top title in this company.  I share some of the credit and maybe we get a couple of people interested in OUR little group?

Spike:  Are you talking about whoring out your standing to draw attention to the New X-Tremes once again?

Giani:  For the master manipulator, ya sure don’t catch on too quick, do ya?  That’s only part of what I’m talkin’ about.  If a stable of one dude and two chicks run rampant over this motherfuckin’ place, people are gonna have to pay attention.  I’m not talkin’ about just the attention though.  I’m talkin’ about domination.  Pure… domination.

Spike listens to what Giani is saying, and it actually makes sense.  He has an odd feeling about this, but he can’t seem to find it in him to turn down the opportunity to once again rise to the top.  And what this could do for Vixen’s career was all he could think about.  He slowly nods his head.  Giani sticks out his hand as Spike just stares at it.  He takes a deep breath before gripping it tightly, giving it a firm shake.  Both men share a bit of a laugh as the scene slowly fades out.

”It felt so good to make amends with Spike.  I would be lyin’ if I said I was only doin’ this to help him, Vixen, and Jessie Salco out.  I will go back to bein’ trained by a two time World Heavyweight Champion, and man who has held the belt I’m shootin’ for.  If I can return to my former glory, bein’ surrounded by misfits like myself, it would be a true underdog story.  Who doesn’t love one of those?  I never said that I didn’t have a flair for dramatics.  Plus, it makes me feel good doin’ a bit of charity.  Or, maybe it’s the fact that I am makin’ up for all the crap I put my mentor through.  Imagine if these plans I got rollin’ around in my head pan out.  The New X-Tremes will be on top of Sin City Wrestlin’.  It’s a win-win-win-win situation for all of us.

“But there is somethin’ a little more pressin’ at the moment.  The card for the 66th edition of Climax Control features yours truly. I’m gonna blow the roof off of the Convention Center…”

{Blah Blah Blah}
Reno Sparks Convention Center

Just a few short days before Climax Control invades Reno, the convention center is totally empty.  The parking lot is bare with the exception of a black Escalade parked near the front door.  A man stands against the wall right next to the large door, huddled up inside of his hoodie with a cigarette hanging from his lips.  He exhales a large cloud of smoke with his arms folded across his chest.  A black van with the Sin City Wrestling emblem printed on the side pulls up next to the Escalade.  After a moment, the door opens up and a blonde woman steps out wearing a fur-lined pink ski jacket and skin tight black pants.  She can see her breath as a cameraman follows her.  She walks over to the man standing in front of the building, rushing along so that she can get out of the cold as soon as possible.

PW:  Giani!  Hi, thanks for having me, but couldn’t we do this somewhere… warmer?

Giani tilts his hood back a little bit to reveal his face.  His eyes are covered by sunglasses which he lifts up a bit to admire the frame of Ms. Willow.  He smirks as he drops the cigarette to the ground, stomping it out as he exhales, allowing the wind to carry the smoke off.

Giani:  No… This has to be said right here.  It’s the only thing that makes sense.

PW:  I’m not sure I understand…

Giani:  It’s simple.  Right now, this place is completely empty, right?  In a few short days, this place is goin’ to be packed.  I’m goin’ to fill every single seat in this place with my talent and charisma.  As each week goes on, more and more people pay to see me fist pump and kick ass.  That’s a fact.

Giani can’t help but notice Pussy’s eyes roll as she shivers a bit.  He looks as if he is offended, but he refuses to say anything about it.  Instead, he looks over to the camera as the sun reflects off of his sunglasses.

Giani:  The fans can see that I’m a changed man.  They can see that I’m not completely full of myself… well, no more than I ever was when they loved me.  I’m not even gonna bitch about the fact that my match isn’t the Main Event.  I understand that ya can’t have a Main Event with suck asses like Goth and Kain involved.

PW:  Can I remind you that Goth is our SCW Heavyweight Champion?  That’s kind of a big deal that could make someone worthy of Main Event status…

Giani:  I know, it’s a travesty isn’t it?  How the hell did that happen once, let alone twice?  Some people are just born lucky, I guess.  Or maybe it has somethin’ to do with touching the SCW Tag Team Championships.  I mean, look at the history.  Half of the first ever tag champs in SCW went on to get the SCW Heavyweight Championship not long after losin’ the belt.  Jordan Williams did the same exact thing.  Not to mention that douchebag, Kevin Carter.  There’s a direct line between the Tag belts and the Heavyweight belt.  One half of the majority of former Tag Team Champions have gone on to capture that belt.

Giani lifts his glasses up to properly read Pussy’s expression.  She takes in what he is saying, and she almost seems impressed by this point.  She has to focus on the interview, so she shakes this off.

PW:  I understand what you are saying, but what does that have to do with this match?  And why did you have to be out here to tell me this?

Giani:  It has everythin’ to do with this match.  Goth’s luck just ran out when me and James lost the tag belts.  The second, the very freakin’ second, I lost that belt, my luck has changed for the better.  First time I step back from vacation, I’m in a match where I defeated three other guys, all former champions with *air quotes* good reputations.  I don’t really buy that, but whatever.  I’m destined to defeat Goth, takin’ that title away from him, and Sunday I will be givin’ the fans a taste of that.

Giani lowers his sunglasses once again, playing it cool as he leans against the wall.  He slides his hands into his pockets on his hoodie, keeping them there as he puts the bottom of one foot against the wall.

PW:  I get it now.  But, this wouldn’t be the first time that you’ve faced Goth.

Giani:  Yeah, each and every time I have, I defeated him.  He has not gotten a win over me… ever.  I plan on keepin’ it that way.  Now, someone I only faced just two weeks ago was Kain.  I gotta admit, he put up a better fight than I thought he would have.  But, one thing I said two weeks ago is that he is a decent street fighter.  He proved that.  We was in his element then.  We was fightin’ in a graveyard then.  This time?  We’re gonna be inside of that ring.  MY ring.  The ring that I dominate each and every time I step foot inside of it.  Kain might be able to handle his in the ring, but that doesn’t mean shit when ya come in and face someone of my caliber.  I’m a freakin’ boss in that ring!

PW:  As much as some fans might still be skeptical of you, there is no denying that your win/loss record is pretty impressive.  A little fun fact, did you realize that you’ve defeated two men who hold, or have held the SCW Heavyweight Champions?

Giani smirks.  He slowly nods his head as he lets out his signature laugh, pulling his hands out of his jacket.  He pulls the hood of his jacket back just enough to allow part of his faux hawk to poke out from underneath it.  He leans off of the wall to lean down near the microphone in Pussy’s hand.

Giani:  Really?  Two?  You can’t think of anyone else?  I’ve defeated the last four consecutive Heavyweight Champions, if ya don’t count Kevin Carter, cause most folks don’t.  Not only that, but I also defeated Nick Jones.  I also knocked the piss outta Spike Staggs a few times, and I put Gabriel out of action.  I have a history with that belt, even if I never had a shot at it.  See, ya tryin’ to trick me.  I wasn’t done talkin’ about Kain, but ya distracted me with my favorite topic… my swag.  My sheer awesomeness…

PW:  Is there something you would like to add about Kain?

Giani:  I’m gonna be generous here to prove my loyalty to the fans.  I’m gonna give Kain another second of undeserved air time.  My words are valuable ya know… Even if I’m trash talkin’ him, it’s still gonna boost his fanfare.  And trust me, that piece of shit could use all the help he can get.  He likes to play tough, puttin’ on that badass persona, but deep inside, he’s nothin’ but a scared little boy.  I’ve faced people like him in the past.  Hell, everyone in “Boring” @$$ Championship Wrestlin’… see how I avoided copyright infringement there…everyone in that place had the same gimmick.  I mowed over the majority of their roster before gettin’ bored and tellin’ them where they could stick the belt no one could take off of me.  I’ve been there and done that with twenty other Kain’s, not to mention he couldn’t even take me down in his own environment, so how is going to do when he comes up against the two men who dominated that Graveyard Match?

As soon as Giani finishes that part of his rant, he leans against the wall again.  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cigarette, placing it to his lips.  He lights it, inhaling deeply before exhaling a large cloud of smoke that gets carried off by the wind.

PW:  Well, it seems like you have some pretty strong opinions about your opponents.  You’ve defeated Goth and Kain both, but you’ve also defeated your partner for this week.  How do you think your egos will be able to coexist?

Giani:  It’s simple.  Nick Jones better stay outta my way and keep his goons out of the equation.  I proved to him that I can play just as dirty as him to secure a win, but it was just that… proving a point to him.  Givin’ him a taste of his own medicine.

PW:  You sure it wasn’t just to get the Number One Contendership?

Giani scoffs at the insinuation of Pussy.  He takes another deep drag from his cigarette, politely blowing it away from her face.  He leans off of the wall, taking a defensive stance as he puffs out his chest.

Giani:  Yeah, I’m pretty sure, P-Dubs.  Somebody needed to show him how it feels to be screwed outta an opportunity like that.  I was the one to do just that.  But I’ve proved that I can defeat anyone without cheatin’.  He hasn’t.  But he’s lucky this week, cause he’s teamed with the “Italian Stallion”, the “Reflection of Perfection”, Giani Di Luca.  That’s like a guaranteed win.  As long as he don’t screw it up by addin’ his friends to the equation, he can leave it to me to guarantee our hands held up in victory.  And if he don’t cross me durin’ our match, I won’t have to lay him out, like I did two weeks ago.  Now, I have every intention of playin’ nice with Nick as long as he does the same.  The problem is that he isn’t know for doin’ this, so I’m prepared.  I got a friend of my own who will be watchin’ my back, and he’s someone who has had plenty of experience with Nick Jones in the past.  Need a hint?

Pussy nods her head.  Giani unzips his hoodie, showing off the classic NXT designed t-shirt.  She looks shocked, and a bit skeptical as she studies the shirt.

Giani:  As of five days ago, I came to an agreement with Spike Staggs.  I need a crew to roll with, and he don’t want NXT to die.  NXT might not have the best record, but Spike Staggs is the resident badass.  Vixen and Jessie Salco are hot enough to roll alongside two bad motherfuckers like us, so what’s the problem?

PW:  There’s no problem with that, but it’s just a little bit of a shock after how badly you’ve downed the New X-Tremes over the last several months.  It’s also a stable that Nick Jones has had plenty of bad things to say about.  Don’t you think it might not help your working relationship to wear the NXT arm band during your match?

Giani:  Look, everyone knows that NXT has been a dyin’ breed since I left, but now that I’m back, that’s all we need to dominate.  If Nick Jones don’t like it, then he’s welcome to take it up with me, but not until we defeat Kain and Goth, cause let’s face it… how embarrassin’ would it be for us to both have a loss to those two jackasses?  He knows it just as well as I do.  I’m not ashamed to represent NXT, and I don’t care how Nick, or anybody for that matter, feels about it.  If ya don’t like it, then… FUHGEDDABOUDIT!  I’ll prove on Sunday how one man can revive a dead horse like NXT, cause I’m just that damn good…

With that, Giani raises an eyebrow and walks off screen.  The camera focuses in on Pussy who fights back the urge to say something, but she can only do so for so long.  She raises a hand up and cups it around her mouth, shouting at Giani.

PW:  I might have to cut that last part off since that’s Jordan William’s trademark ending statement!  Literally… he has it trademarked!

She sighs as a door slams in the distance.  An engine starts as she rolls her eyes.  She runs her fingers over her throat as a sign for the camera to turn off as we fade out.

”Sin City Wrestlin’ is gonna learn real damn quick that I’m on my way to the top.  I was held down long enough by what other people wanted me to do.  I’m no longer someone’s goon squad.  I’m the golden boy now, and the sky’s the limit for me.  With nothin’ holdin’ me back, no loyalties, no bunk ass Tag Team Championships… I’m gonna show this place what Giani Di Luca was destined to do.  Take a good look at the last SCW Heavyweight Champion ya ever gonna see, cause I’m gonna hold this title until I’m old and gray.  This week is just another steppin’ stone to my greatness when I defeat Goth, once again, only this time it will be in my pursuit of that belt.  I’m gonna give the fans a good show this week, and then in a few short weeks, I’m gonna give them a champion they can finally respect…”

{I got my speakers on Wrecked!}

{fin}

>