Author Topic: ¤ CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY  (Read 394 times)

Offline Kevin Carter

• View Profile
    • Kevin Carter
¤ CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »
 In the last couple of months The Main Attraction of SCW aka Kevin Carter hadn’t been seen a whole lot. That had quite a bit to do with Kevin joining Team Erik and attempting to steal the SCW Heavyweight Championship with the Going For Gold briefcase. At one point Kevin had seemingly successfully cashed in despite the rules and when this happened. The very next night Kevin was  stripped of the title and then SUSPENDED by Matt Ward for an undetermined amount of time.

Carter wasn’t heard from for months. He was quite quiet on twitter. Only making a few references to how Erik Staggs didn’t stand up for him like he should have. A little later on Ward announced a bounty on the head of Erik Staggs for a certain amount of money. What was shocking was when Kevin Carter returned to SCW to collect that bounty himself. It shocked the entire SCW world. The very next Climax Control, Kevin cut a promo on why he did what he did and vowed to make Erik pay.

That was the last heard from him at least until now. It was announced that on the July 7th 2013 Climax Control, Kevin Carter would be returning to action for the first time in nearly three months. His opponent would be none other than Drake Green whom was coming off a big win at Into The Void II. Drake wasn’t around during the time that Kevin was red hot. It’s going to be interesting to see how the two interact with each other when they do step into the ring with each other.

A lot of questions come into mind though when this match is discussed. People wonder if Kevin has ring rust and if he’s going to be ready to come back after spending time out of the ring. People wonder if Green is ready for this kind of challenge considering how good Kevin was once before. People wonder what would happen for the winner. Would that put them in contention for the title? Well all of these questions and more would have their answers this coming Climax Control.

¤ STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM

For the last three months where SCW Sensation, Kevin Carter wasn’t in the ring due to his suspension. When he wasn’t busy with other business related situations. He found himself in the gym working hard and keeping himself in the best shape he could be in. He digged looking good and he knew his soon to be wife dug it too.

Speaking of which Kevin found himself laying under the bench press doing his usual reps when he felt someone suddenly plop down on his lap catching him a tad bit off guard. He sat the bar down quite quickly and leaned his head up to see Amy sitting there on his lap.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Well hey there, something I can help you with?”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“No not really, I just happen to hear somewhere that when a woman sits on a man’s lap when he’s doing his reps. For whatever reason it causes his testosterone to rise and therefore causes him to perform better in his workout which leads to better and faster results.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Haha, is that so? Well in that case go ahead and enjoy your spot for the time being. Sadly though I don’t think the results are going to get any better than they are. I’m the most physically jacked person that isn’t on the juice.”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“Mmmm, you sir are.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Hey now, I know where you’re mind is going. We’re in a public gym. Can’t happen.”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“Being in public has never been a problem for us before.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Touche babe, touche.”

With that being said Kevin grabbed a hold of the bar and lifted it up off its resting point. He then went right back into his reputations with Amy staying put and carrying on a conversation with him like it wasn’t a big deal at all.

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“So, I got some good news.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“I happen to know who you’re opponent is for Climax Control as I just got off the phone with Mark whom informed me so I could inform you.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Please tell me it’s either Simon for the World Championship, or that Son’s of Anarchy moron, Jericho Hill. I’d be cool with either one.”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“Oh... well in this case it might be bad news for you because it isn’t either one of those guys. Instead it’s Drake.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“The Rapper? What the...”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“No, no not the rapper. Why on earth would you assume that? I’m talking about Drake Green, one of SCW’s newest members.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Oh well... that’s cool I guess?”

After finishing his final rep Kevin put the bar right back down on the resting point as he pushed himself up which forced Amy to hop off his lap. He reached down grabbing his towel off the floor and starting to wipe himself down before looking up at his woman.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“I don’t exactly know anything about the guy, and honestly I don’t get the point of booking me against him. If he’s a new kid on the block and I’m someone that was that close to the Main Event before my suspension. You’d think logically, I’d be put back in the spot I once had.”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“Well you know how the business is... things change. People come and people go. You couldn’t be around so in a weird way you lost your spot but it isn’t lost for good. All you have to do is get into the ring with Drake, beat him, and I’m sure it’ll open up the doors that you need opened.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“That might be the case Amy, and that’s fine. However the fact still remains I don’t feel like I should have to do it all over again. I lost everything that I had thanks to Erik and now I have to re-earn it? That’s a bunch of bullshit. It pisses me off to no end but you know me. I won’t make a big deal out of it. I’ll go out and do what I need to do because I’m talented enough and because I can get the job done. Doesn’t change the fact it’s still frustrating.”

¤ AMY MARSHALL
-- the future ms carter
“Believe me I understand it’s frustrating, but like you said. You can get the job done. You’ve always been able to get the job done. That’s why you were blowing right on past the ranks like it wasn’t a big deal just a few short months ago. Now just do it again. Beat Drake, beat Jericho, and beat whomever else is in front of you until you’re standing in the middle of a SCW ring with the Heavyweight Championship slung over that shoulder of yours. You can do it, and everyone else knows you can.”

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“It was never a matter of if I could do it. It was just a matter of when I was going to do it, but if this is how it’s going to be. If I have to essentially start at the bottom and work my way back to the top. Then so be it, but this time around there’s no one telling me what to do and when to do it. I let Erik pull the strings once before but now I’m going to be fully in charge and I can guarantee you SCW has never seen anything like what I’m about to do in my return.”

No doubt about it Kevin was a focused man. He knew what he wanted and he knew what the goal was. Nothing and no one was going to stop him from getting there. Sure it wasn’t going to be an easy road or anything but nothing anyone ever wanted in life was an actual easy road. When you wanted something you had to work extremely hard to obtain it and that’s what the Main Attraction was going to have to do, now more than ever before.

¤ CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY

We happened to be a few days away from Sin City Wrestling’s Climax Control event and the thing that happened to be on the minds of a lot of people would be the return of the Main Attraction, Kevin Carter. It would be Kevin taking on Drake Green and it was a match that had managed to generate a lot of buzz. With it being Kevin’s first match back in about three months people were wondering just exactly what would be bringing to the table. Well they were about to find out.

Cue the cameras turning on and standing there in an empty room with a smirk on his face was none other than Kevin himself. He still looked like he was in the best shape of his life. He still looked like the same guy. Same aura to him. Same confidence and what not about him. That was just noticed by seeing him stand there. With that being said though as Kev was never one to shy away from having something to say he looked directly at the cameras and began to fill the world in.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Over the last three months I’ve had a lot of time to think about things. I had a chance to realize a couple of things too. Starting with the fact that Erik Staggs never had my back, never respected me, and never had the intentions of giving me the things he promised me when I hopped on board to fight SCW. I was so blinded and so stupid that I believed that and it eventually cost me my shot at the SCW Heavyweight Championship after my blood sweat and tears earned me that shot with the Going For Gold briefcase.”

He paused for a second as the look on his face said it all. Just taking a second to remember everything that he had prior to it all being taken away from him due to his own actions in favor of someone that he at once believed was his friend and was the man that would get him somewhere, but Kev clearly learned his lesson and that was the most important factor.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Of course by the time I realized that it was too late because I had been stripped of my shot and suspended from this company. However when I did realize it and when I did see the opportunity to get some revenge I did just that with Hot Stuff’s little bounty on Erik’s head. You know speaking of Hot Stuff, I realized a few things about him in my time away too. Starting with the fact that he’s not such a bad guy. All he wants is what is best for Sin City Wrestling and I can’t blame him for that. As a matter of fact I respect the hell out of him for that. Because now days there’s a lot of promoters that don’t give a damn about their company or what’s best for it thus why this business is going to shit like it is.”

Seemingly once again Kevin hit the nail on the head. He and Hot Stuff had never seen eye to eye with each other due to the obvious nature of everything that was going on around them at the time. Again though with being a man that had changed his outlook and woken up so to speak. He was able to see the big picture and therefore it helped him put the past behind him with Hot Stuff.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“After talking to the guy and realizing that I was wrong all along. I offered my apologies. Like a man he took them, we shook hands, and then he lifted my suspension. Which leads me standing here before you at this very moment. I’m officially coming back to SCW as of the 7th of this month and I couldn’t be more excited. But in my time away I have noticed a couple of things. I’ve noticed that we’ve got a new SCW Heavyweight Champion of Simon Jones and I can assure you that in the near future he and I are going to have some words. I’ve also noticed there’s some new talent around here. Guys like Jericho Hill - whom quite honestly is nothing more than an asshole with a shitty ass Sons of Anarchy slash Aces and Eights gimmick. There’s going to come a day where I kick his teeth in.”

Kevin just smirked at the cameras a little bit with that smug look of his. For whatever reason it was obvious that Kevin wasn’t the biggest supporter of Jericho Hill. From those words it actually looked like he’d be looking for a fight sometime in the near future with him. As long as nothing major happened there would likely be a time and place.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“And then there’s my opponent Drake Green. He’s not exactly new to the wrestling world. It seems from my knowledge ACW knows him quite well considering the fact he holds one of their championships. He is however new to SCW since I’ve been away. I haven’t exactly had the time to really sit down and do the research that I have needed to do in order to make sure that I knew what I was up against. Sometimes that just happens, but I was in attendance at Into The Void II and what I did see from him I was a fan of. Not to mention seeing him put Jericho in his place was a plus. Kudos for at least doing that much right.”

The Main Attraction gave a little wink towards the cameras with making that statement. It was kind of hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or if he actually meant what he said. He was always so good at blurring the lines like that. Guess in the long run it didn’t make a difference either way.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“But that’s all I know about him and that very well could put me at a disadvantage going into this match. While on the flip side to it I know how good I am. I know I can adapt to any style that is thrown at me. I’m multi-talented inside that ring for a reason. Because there’s so many different styles out there for a reason. You need to be ready for anything and everything. I can tell you that deep down in my heart and deep down in my gut I am prepared for anything and everything Drake Green brings to the table on Sunday Night. But the question at hand is Drake ready for what I have in store for him? Is he talented all the way around? Does he even know who I am and what I’m about?”

He stood there with this look on his face as if he was trying to figure out the answer himself. Nine times out of ten when new kids rolled into a promotion where someone wasn’t around at the time they came in. They didn’t do too much digging into the history and finding things out that needed to be found out. That usually ended up costing them could be the case with Drake, just a matter of time till we found out.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“I think it’s safe to say that Drake most likely doesn’t know a whole lot about me. As a matter of fact I think its even safer to say that he didn’t bother to do the research. I mean why should he? He has no idea that I even existed and even if he did he probably had the same mentality a lot of people had which would be me never returning to SCW. That’s fine, that’s not something I blame him for or something I hold against him. But Drake does need to come to terms with a few things and does need to understand that this isn’t a walk in the park. This is in fact the real deal - no pun or gimmick infringement intended.”

It shouldn’t have been too hard to put two and two together there with Kevin making a little joke at the expense of Drake. Of course jokes were jokes and they didn’t really mean a whole lot unless someone took it out of context or made a big deal out of it. Drake didn’t seem to be that type of person and even if he was it wasn’t like Kevin would give a damn.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“I won’t stand here and bore you with too many facts. However I will point out the most important. Fact, I’ve been doing this longer than you. Fact, I was undefeated as a world champion for two years. Fact, when I came to SCW I had a rocket ship under my ass. I was the hottest thing going for this company. Fact, in the time that I have been here. I’ve never been beaten. I’ve never had my shoulders pinned to the mat. I’ve never been forced to tap out. Many tried and many failed. Fact, I was this close and I mean this close to finally achieving the goal of becoming the SCW Heavyweight Champion. Fact, now that I’m back I am on a mission to get that close again. Not only get that close again, but I will win that title. Oh and the last fact as well as the most important, nothing and NO ONE is going to stop me. It doesn’t matter if it’s you, or anyone else on this roster. Hell it can be someone from other rosters. I’m bulldozing through them all one at a time to get where I need to be and to get what I want most. Because that’s the only way you ever progress in a situation like this.”

Thing was Kevin had been around the business for years. He knew what it took to get to certain levels and knew what it took to get where he needed to be. After all he had done it once before for two years something he had pointed out. He craved being at the top so much that now that he was back he wasn’t going to let anyone or anything stop him.

¤ KEVIN CARTER
-- the main attraction
“Just a little something to process over the next couple of days Drake, but I am sure it won’t be a walk in the park. I’m sure you’ve got a few things up your sleeve and I am sure that you’re going to give it everything you’ve got... I’m just confident that I’m BIGGER, BADDER, and most of all BETTER than you. No offense of course but, I guess we’ll see soon enough eh?”

With that being said Kevin just smirked while looking into the cameras. On his end there was nothing else that needed to be said. He put it out there the way he felt it needed to be put out there. Now it was just a matter of seeing if he could get the job done like he said he would have spending all that time away or if Drake would be able to stop him dead in his tracks. On that note the cameras proceeded to fade on out to static leaving the entire world known as Sin City Wrestling wondering and waiting for it all unfold.