Author Topic: Here I Go Again!  (Read 493 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
Here I Go Again!
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:04:32 PM »
Into The Void IX. June 7th, 2020. That was the last time that Bobbie Dahl competed inside the SCW six-sided ring. To those of you who don’t remember, allow me to give you a slight refresher. For months prior to that, Bobbie Dahl had an on-going feud with former World Bombshell Champion, Alicia Lukas. Well, not only Alicia Lukas, but the entire Bombshell roster. It was for that reason that Bobbie would eventually be a co-winner for feud of the year, but that is not important at the moment. You see, Bobbie’s feud with Alicia had finally come to a head at Into The Void IX, and despite hoping for a different outcome that saw Bobbie defeating Alicia and proving she wasn’t the failure that so many thought her to be, she walked away defeated. Alicia had beat her. But added to that was the personal demons Bobbie was battling, and on the first Climax Control following the supershow, Bobbie had announced that that match was her last...at least for the time being.

With her loving and supportive boyfriend, Artie, by her side she had told everyone watching that her break was only temporary. She didn’t know how long she would be away, but this was not permanent. But what many don’t know is that in Bobbie’s mind, that wasn’t entirely the truth. Because despite loving her career as a professional wrestler, she had become burned out and deflated after failing to achieve the success she wanted. And in her mind, she didn’t see herself wanting to come back, nor did she see anyone even caring about her returning later on down the line. She would just fade in the background being forgotten, and she was okay with that. All she needed was to completely fix things not only with Artie and his family, but with her own as well.

And she did. The next several months following were perhaps some of the happiest she had had in a long time. It wasn’t an easy road to making up for the way she had treated everyone, but because they all knew the demons she had allowed to take over, they eventually forgave her. But the most important person to her, of course, was Artie. Because over the years, they had been supportive of each other not only as best friends, but eventually as it had finally blossomed into their long overdue love story. And while he would forgive her for how she acted in the months before her latest departure from SCW, she would find it hard to forgive herself.

Fast forward to the end of 2020- the wildest and most difficult year for perhaps everyone because of the pandemic. Because of the events in the world over the span of the entire year, everyone wanted to end 2020 on a high note, saying good riddance to a horrible year, and welcome 2021 with a positive outlook. And at first, Bobbie didn’t have any specific plans on just how that would look for her or her family, but the idea definitely came to her at the perfect time. You’ll all understand why this is important later on. For now, just sit back and enjoy a little flashback…

Christmas Eve 2020
The Dahl Family Home- Coal City, Illinoi
Bobbie Pops The Question!

The holidays were once again in full swing, and compared to last year, the atmosphere in the Dahl household was much more relaxed. You see last year, everyone was dealing with Bobbie’s sudden attitude change, and it made it difficult to enjoy their family time. Not only that, but Bobbie had very nearly burned a bridge with Artie’s family around Thanksgiving, and they had refused to be around her for Christmas.

So when they had agreed to join Bobbie’s family for dinner on Christmas Eve, Bobbie’s mother, Barbie, was thrilled. And, of course, relieved. She loved Artie like her own son, and despite the strained relationship Bobbie had with Artie’s parents earlier in the year, she still had a close friendship with them as well. So Barbie was ecstatic when Bobbie had mended fences and they all came together for Christmas- doing their best to social distance and stay safe during the ongoing pandemic.

Following a fulfilling and delicious dinner consisting of Bobbie’s favorite Ham and various side dishes, they are all taking the moment to just chat amongst themselves as the recover from the filling dinner. Bobbie and Artie’s nearly six month old Bernese Mountain Dog puppy, Loki, also roams around between them, begging for attention when he can get it. But to be honest, he doesn’t need to do any begging, as they all gladly pet him and love up on him without him having to even be asked. Bobbie and Artie’s parents each shared laughs as Loki made his rounds for attention, and while Artie started to doze off into his food induced coma, Bobbie just looked around the room at her family.

Artier’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Miller, finally got a break from Loki as he was now by Bobbie’s parents, his tail wagging non-stop as they each pet him with smiles on their faces. Mr. and Mrs. Miller were cuddled up close to one another, finishing off their glasses of wine. They looked rather content and each cracked an amused smile as they looked towards Artie as his eyes fluttered as he drifted off. Then Bobbie turned her attention to her parents. The amazing people who had raised her and dealt with her ridiculous attitude this last year. And while Loki wasn’t exactly a “human child”, the love they clearly showed for their “grandpuppy” was how she imagined they would be if she and Artie were to ever actually have a child of their own. After all, animals are just as much family!

And then she turned her attention to Artie. Her special Artie. He had been a part of her life for longer than she could even remember at this point, and after everything she had put him through over the last couple of years, she felt she didn’t deserve him. But she was glad she had him anyway, and she promised herself quietly that she would never take it for granted ever again. She would never do anything to jeopardize what she had with Artie, or her family, because they were what kept her going and what made her the woman she is today.

As she stared at Artie, an idea soon sparked in her mind. A crazy, unbelievable, absolutely brilliant idea that she simply had to run with. It was a spur of the moment decision, but under the circumstances, it was perfect, but there was only one problem. She wasn’t prepared in the slightest! And what she suddenly got the urge to do, rarely worked out in spur of the moment situations. She jumped up from her spot on the sofa, causing Artie to nearly jump out of his own skin and fall off the sofa in the process. All eyes quickly landed on her as she gripped her head, quickly formulating a plan.

Artie: Bobbie? What happened? What’s going on?

She looked down at him, panicked.

Bobbie: YOU! STAY RIGHT THERE! I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!

And she quickly rushed out of the living room and into the kitchen first. Artie looked around between Bobbie’s parents and then his own, each shaking their heads clueless to what was now going on. They could all hear Bobbie start loudly rummaging through drawers in the kitchen and as Artie was going to go see what she was up to, her mother held up a hand and stopped him.

Barbie: I will handle this one, Artie. You just stay right there.

And she patted her husband’s knee gently before standing up and heading into the kitchen. Bobbie’s father, Ken, just shook his head and stifled a laugh, sure that they would all soon find out what Bobbie’s latest random episode was about. But Bobbie’s mother would find out first as she joined her daughter in the kitchen to find her anxiously searching through different drawers, trying to find something.

Barbie: Bobbie. What are you doing? Have you lost your--

Bobbie: There has to be something I can use! But what?!

Barbie folded her arms and let out a sigh.

Barbie: Use for what? Bobbie, would you stop for a second and look at me?

Bobbie stopped, but only for a second. She was still in a complete panic, as she just stared around, trying to think of something.

Barbie: What is going on? Everything was perfectly fine in there and now you’re acting all...crazy. What are you looking for?

Bobbie: A...ring!

She said ring in as much of a hushed voice as she could, which only confused her mother more. Barbie shook her head and stepped closer to Bobbie.

Barbie: A ring? What ring?

Bobbie: Shhhh! Don’t say that so loud! And I’m not looking for a specific ring! I’m looking for something to use as a ring! There has to be something in one of these junk drawers!

Barbie couldn’t help but let a laugh escape as Bobbie started going through the closest junk drawer again. Bobbie was looking for something to use as a ring? Why?

Barbie: Bobbie, you need to explain a little better on why exactly you’re trying to find something to use as a…

Before she even finished that sentence, Barbie suddenly figured out what Bobbie was thinking. Her eyes went wide and she approached her daughter, grabbing her hands and stopping her.

Barbie: You’re going to do what I think you are, aren’t you?

Bobbie: I can’t propose without a ring! Right?! This just totally sprang to me! I have to do it, Ma!

Barbie: A spur of the moment proposal? Honey, I’m all for you doing things out of the norm by proposing but why not plan something special?

Bobbie laughed loudly as she looked down into the open junk drawer. She was about to respond to her mother when something caught her eye and another lightbulb went off in her head. She reached into the drawer and pulled out a...zip tie?!

Bobbie: Ah-ha! This should work!

Barbie: A zip tie? Bobbie, think about this…

Bobbie: Ma, you think about it. When has anything about mine and Artie’s relationship been even remotely normal?! I’m not one to plan something special, because that just ain’t me! This is me! And a zip tie is perfect...for now! I’m gonna do it!

And before Barbie could talk it through further with Bobbie, her daughter just rushed back into the living room. Barbie had to follow quickly behind her to avoid missing anything of what is sure to be the most unique proposal she would ever witness or even think about. Once Bobbie reappeared in the living room with the zip tie in hand, everyone was staring at her again. She rushed over and stood in front of Artie, reaching down and pulling him up to his feet. Barbie returned to her place sitting next to Bobbie’s father, and just shook her head when he gave her a questioning look. Artie’s parents remained quiet, mostly because they were more confused than anyone.

Artie: W-what is going on? What is the zip tie for?

Bobbie: Gimme your hand.

Bobbie’s mother let out a laugh.

Barbie: Oh! I need my phone to record this…

Artie: Bobbie...you’re freaking me out. What--

Bobbie: Just gimme your hand! Not your right one...your left!

She had to swat away his right hand as he started to lift it, and then reached down, grabbing his left hand. He stared at her still completely confused while her father quickly realized what she was about to do. He went wide-eyed and looked at his wife, who was now recording the whole thing on her phone.

Artie: W-what are you...Why are you putting that on my finger? I’m...really confused right now.

Bobbie: We’ve never done things the normal way, right Artie? We were friends for way too damn long before both of us finally got the courage to do what we should have done a long time ago by making our relationship official. Right?

Artie cracked a smile and laughed.

Artie: Well, I think that was more your fault than mine, but...sure.

Bobbie: We’ve known each other long enough and know absolutely everything about each other. We’re practically family already. And I know I’ve been a royal pain in the ass this last year, and stood by me through it all because you knew it wasn’t me.

Artie nods. He’s still slightly confused, but gets more of an idea where she is going with this. His parents are now well aware of what is about to take place and the smile on his mother’s face stretches from ear to ear. Bobbie puts the zip tie around his left ring finger, waiting a second before she loops it tighter.

Artie: Bobbie...what are you doing? You...you can’t be serious, right?

Bobbie: Why wouldn’t I be?! I want us to make things officially official! What do you say?! Let’s get hitched?!

Bobbie’s father lets out a laugh at his daughter’s unusual version of a proposal. She had never done things as other people would, so this shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise to him, yet he was still amused. Artie stared down at his finger and let out an awkward laugh before looking back up to Bobbie.

Artie: A zip tie? Really?

Bobbie: I had nothing else to use! We can get a real ring later. I just didn’t want to do this without something in place of a ring! So...what do you say?

Artie scratches his head for a moment, really thinking his answer through properly. Loki is standing at their feet, looking up at his “parents”, panting and wagging his tail happily. Artie then looks back into Bobbie’s eyes and then...shrugs.

Artie: Okay…

Bobbie: Really?!

Artie: Yeah. Sure. Let’s get married!

Bobbie lets out a holler before she wraps her arms around Artie, squeezes him tight and then lifts him up in a big Bobbie Bear Hug and spins around, jumping for joy! Artie’s mother lets out a happy squeal and claps, while both of their father’s do the same. Bobbie’s mother tries to contain her excitement as she is still recording.

Ken: This really shouldn’t come as a surprise that when these two finally got engaged that it would be our daughter that popped the question.

Loki is hopping up and down excitedly, following Bobbie and Artie as she spins him around. She ends up placing him back down on his feet and Loki squeezes himself in between them. The both crouch down and show their “baby” the love and attention he is seeking. The rest of the family begins to celebrate the newly engaged couple, and Barbie and Mrs. Miller are already looking forward to planning the wedding. Well...as much of a wedding that can be held if the pandemic is still a factor when the time comes.

Let’s flash forward to the present, shall we? While only a few months had passed since Bobbie and Artie’s engagement, and plenty has happened since that time, all of that in between stuff can be revealed later, right? So let’s jump ahead to after Blaze of Glory and the events that transpired that night. After remaining hidden backstage through much of the night, there to quietly support her close friend Fenris as he headed into his match against Austin James Mercer, she soon found herself in a situation she thought she wouldn’t. She made a decision that would no doubt catapult her back to the active roster.

Following Bella Madison’s match against Courtney Pierce, Bobbie found herself coming out to essentially save both bombshells from what could have been a severe attack that could have left both women hurting worse than they were. GO Gym graduate, Tempest had once again stormed her way to the ring and attacked both women and before she could do further damage, Bobbie intervened and gave Tempest the challenge that no one else had as of yet. And while Tempest had been given a slight taste of her own medicine, Bobbie didn’t exactly walk away unscathed, either. After the show Bobbie had gone out for a few drinks with Bella and Courtney before returning to her and Artie’s room at the Saxon Hotel. It was their home away from home while in Las Vegas, as they still hadn’t made the decision to officially move here yet. It had gotten put on hold after Bobbie decided to step back from SCW, so now that she would be returning to active competition, that topic would probably come up sooner rather than later.

Four days after Blaze of Glory, on April Fool’s Day of all days, Bobbie would send out a tweet that was soon to backfire on her. With little warning, and what many have so far assumed was an April Fool’s Day joke, Bobbie announced that she and Artie had gone and gotten “hitched Las Vegas style.” What exactly that meant was yet to be seen or explained, but Bobbie was insisting that it was indeed the truth and NOT a joke. The fallout from that decision? Was about to come back to bite her in the face at this very moment…

Monday April 5th
Saxon Hotel
Barbie Puts Her Foot Down…

Bobbie and Artie had yet to return “home” to Illinois at this moment in time, given the fact that she was now back on the active roster and found herself possibly getting booked anytime. While she wasn’t booked in a return match this upcoming Sunday, she did need to be in Vegas for the show regardless, so they decided to stay put for a while before heading back to Illinois. Their boy Loki was being looked after by both their parents, but they missed him terribly so a solution to being separated from him would have to be dealt with sooner rather than later. But...all in due time.

The pair are about to head out, simply to get out of the hotel room for a bit. With Artie behind her, Bobbie grabs the door handle, swings it open and both get the shock of their lives. Bobbie’s parents, Barbie and Ken, are standing just outside their room and Barbie had obviously just been preparing to knock on their door. When they are finally face to face, Barbie’s eyes narrow and she points to her daughter angrily. Ken just grins and waves to Artie as the boys stay quiet.

Barbie: Roberta Jean Dahl! So help me God if you and Artie eloped!

Bobbie’s jaw drops and she takes a step back, nearly knocking poor Artie down.

Bobbie: Ma! What the hell are you two doing here?!

Barbie: Don’t you try and avoid the question, Bobbie. And don’t give me any worries about travelling during the pandemic and all. You know the both of us have had both of our vaccine doses. Hello Artie, sweetie.

Artie just waves and remains nervously quiet. Bobbie looks around them and in both directions, and continues to avoid her mother’s question.

Bobbie: Where is Loki?!

Barbie: Artie’s parents have him. He’s just fine. Quit. Avoiding.

Bobbie: You mean to tell me you travelled all the way here just to confront me and Artie because you don’t believe we got married?! Can we not do this here right now?!

Barbie nods before pushing past Bobbie and Artie and inviting herself into their room. Bobbie follows behind her in frustration and Ken just approaches Artie, placing a calm hand on his shoulder.

Ken: If this was all a joke, son, there’s still time to run…

Artie laughs awkwardly but Ken is obviously dead serious. They step into the room and close the door behind them as Bobbie and her mother continue to argue.

Barbie: I’m honestly not sure what I believe, but given the fact you haven’t confirmed without a doubt that your supposed wedding was real, my gut is telling me it’s all a joke you refuse to admit to. I just don’t know why, but if it isn’t a joke, I swear, Bobbie…

Bobbie: Artie, remind me to give Fenris a good smack upside the head next time I see him! This is all his fault!

Barbie: You’ll do no such thing! All I can say is thank goodness for that sweet Kristjan boy, or I wouldn’t know anything!

Artie laughs and lets out a snort, causing everyone to look in his direction. He shakes his head apologetically and remains quiet as Bobbie turns her focus back to her mother. Bobbie lets out a laugh herself.

Bobbie: Wait, are we talking about Fenris here or Aron? Because sweet and Kristjan don’t typically go in the same sentence…

Barbie: QUIT AVOIDING, BOBBIE! YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH RIGHT NOW!

Artie: Bobbie, just tell her the--

Bobbie: YOU KNOW WHAT?! FINE! IT WAS ALL A JOKE! There! Are you happy?! It was originally meant as a joke but I just insisted it was the truth because no one seemed to give a shit either way! And that sweet Kristjan boy you mentioned?! He called Artie a dumbass when he thought it was true! You know what, since it doesn’t even matter at this point and everyone thinks it’s true now...Artie, we might as well just go and get hitched today! That’s what we’ll do!

She attempts to grab Artie’s hand and drag him out of the hotel room, but he quickly jumps away, practically hiding behind his future father-in-law for protection. Ken just shakes his head, looking slightly behind him at Artie as if asking “seriously, son?”

Barbie: You will do no such thing, Bobbie! Regardless if this pandemic is still going on, and the fact you will now be spending most of your time in Las Vegas again, the two of you will have a somewhat normal wedding. Lord knows you deserve that!

Bobbie: We can have whatever type of wedding we want, Ma. And if we want to go to the local chapel and get married by an Elvis impersonator, then we damn well have that right! Right, Artie?!

Artie’s eyes go wide and he would clearly rather be anywhere but there at that moment.

Artie: I, uh…

Barbie: Artie, honey, this is your wedding, too. Don’t let Bobbie make the decisions for the both of you…

Bobbie: UGH! This wouldn’t even be discussed right now if Fenris hadn’t stuck his nose where it didn’t belong! Fine! We’ll do things your way, Ma! I’ll let you three stay here and continue the wedding planning! I’m going for a walk! AND DON’T FOLLOW ME!

Bobbie then storms out of the room, leaving everyone else in stunned silence. Barbie folds her arms and lets out a huff before turning back to her husband and Artie. Artie has stepped away from Ken, breathing easier now, but Ken is just shaking his head with an amused grin on his face.

Ken: Ooh these next few months are going to be so fun, lemme tell ya.

Artie: I think we have very different definitions of fun, Mr. Dahl…

Ken lets out a loud laugh before patting Artie on the back. Barbie cracks a smile before approaching Artie with open arms to give him a big hug as the three of them enjoy their unexpected reunion, and obey Bobbie’s wishes of not following her. If this confrontation was any indication of the upcoming wedding plans, then Ken was indeed right. It was about to get even more interesting than this confrontation had been.

Here I go again, people! That’s right! After almost a year out of action, I’m once again making my return to the Sin City wrestling ring! Now, let me tell you this could just be temporary depending on how I feel after I finish what I started with Tempest, but who knows. Maybe I’ll stick around and try and accomplish what I wasn’t able to accomplish last time, but we shall see! That all remains to be seen, and I’m not focusing too far into the future just yet!

I know when I made my triumphant return at Blaze of Glory and stood up to that monstrous woman, it seemed like I hadn’t missed a beat, but let me tell you being away from the ring for so long does put you at a disadvantage! I mean, I tried to stay as active as I could so I didn’t exactly get out of shape, but I’m sure I’ll feel just a tad bit “rusty” for a week, maybe two. But that doesn’t mean I’m not glad to be back! I know I wasn’t completely gone this entire last year, because I popped back up on shows every now and then, but you know as well as I do that it’s not the same by just being there.

Anyway, I’ve gotta focus before I get too far off track here! I know how much people looooove to complain about that shit, so I’ll do my best to behave and focus my attention where it needs to be. I’m back in action this week! That’s right! My very first match in ten months and hot damn does it feel good! After this long, I wasn’t sure I would be coming back, especially now that I’m in the thick of wedding planning, but oh how quickly things have changed! And while I’d love nothing more than to focus on Tempest and kicking her ass, she’s not who I’m facing this week. Nope! I’m facing this Maki chick of all people.

I’m not gonna lie here. She may not exactly be “new” to SCW, but she only appeared in SCW after I stepped away. I’ve seen bits and pieces of her work here and there and I’ll admit, the woman is definitely not someone I’m going to take lightly, but as scary as she is and can be, she’s been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride since joining SCW. Her feud with Jessie Salco was entertaining as hell to watch, but I thought for sure she’d easily feed Jessie Salco a bloody defeat at the end of that, but boy was I wrong. She let Jessie beat her! Jessie Salco of all people!!

I’m probably going to get scolded for this and honestly, maybe I have no room to talk, because Jessie Salco has at least tasted SCW gold despite it not being the World Bombshell Championship. She’s been in SCW since damn near the beginning and has yet to win the top title, and has become the brunt of jokes anyone will dish out. So...losing to her in a war like they had? Well, it’s not exactly something you want on your record! And Maki shouldn’t worry because I’m not going to turn this into going on a tangent about Jessie Salco. I’m solely focused on Maki, because she’s the first hurdle in my way on my return run here.

You know what, now that I mention it, I just realized something! This Maki chick had the nerve to tweet at me the other day telling me “eyes on what’s in front of you” when I was involved in a bit of a back and forth exchange with Andrea Hernandez. As if I wasn’t focusing any of my attention on this match against her! And you know what she went and did after that?! She looked past ME and entertained the thought of fighting Sierra! And need I remind everyone that Sierra is a woman that I beat!

Look, I know it seems at times I have the attention span of a fruit fly, but when I have a match coming up, I know what I need to do. And basically telling me to have my eyes forward, only to go on and essentially pull the same shit, makes you look like a hypocrite, am I right?! So, Maki, you better have your eyes forward this week, because while it’s clear you’re focused on fighting Sierra or even now Chrystaltina Hildunich or whatever her name is at the moment, I’ve got intentions of using you to send a very big message to a woman that has proven to be much more intimidating than you have been as of yet.

You’ve got a hell of a lot of potential, Maki. Don’t get me wrong! I’ve looked you up and found that you’ve held championships in other companies, but like me...you’ve yet to do the same in SCW so any of your past accomplishments mean absolute squat to me! I don’t care if I’m facing you, or that freak demon friend of yours. I’ve gotta make this one count, because I know everyone will be expecting me to walk with the loss in this one. But I can’t let that happen! I don’t think it will be easy, either, but once I get back into the ring and start throwing a few punches here, a body slam there and topping it all off with a BOBBIE Bomb, your ass will be burnt toast!

I didn’t have a problem with you before this week, Maki. In fact, what I saw of you, despite being weirder than even I’ve ever been, I’ve liked what I’ve seen and hoped you would one day win SCW gold. But...you’re not quite there. And you won’t be if you continue to focus on the Jessie Salcos or the Cystaltina Hildunichs wars with no real substance. Set your mind to it and go after what I know you’re capable of, otherwise...you’ll be the next running joke around this place and trust me, you don’t want to be that, honey!

I’m looking forward to going toe-to-toe with you, Maki! Win or lose(and I plan to win, btw), this will be a test for the both of us, and not only that, but we’ll have at least a few eyes watching us backstage, right? It’s not going to be one of those bathroom break matches so many people disrespectfully refer to it as, so let’s go out there and show everyone what we can do, yeah?!

And then after my hand is raised in victory, and your split personality or demon or whatever fails to secure you a win in this one, I can move on to facing Tempest and you can move on to...well, whoever it is that you’d rather face between Sierra and Crystaltina. Tough decision there if you ask me, but hey...the decision is yours, right?!

Good luck, Maki! I’ll see you and any alter ego you want to bring with you on Sunday!
>