Author Topic: “Five Years in the Making.”  (Read 947 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Five Years in the Making.”
« on: March 09, 2021, 08:41:08 PM »
(Keira was used with her handler’s permission)

Things had been quiet for Jessie since her win over Courtney Pierce at the beginning of the Supercard Cycle, at least from an in ring standpoint because outside of the ring? Jessie has been a busy woman! Char Kwan began targeting her after the match against Courtney because in Char’s eyes, Jessie had cost her the match against Evie Jordan and the two women had been going back and forth ever since.

So, what else did Jessie have in mind? Well, whilst all that was going on, Mark Ward decided to award Jessie with a World Bombshell Championship shot against the winner of the match between Keira Fisher and Christina Rose, Christina would end up winning that encounter in a match that literally came down to the last second and their match was scheduled for the last Climax Control before Blaze of Glory.

For now, Jessie and Christina’s matches at Blaze of Glory were set in stone, Jessie had challenged Char to a Falls Count Anywhere Match at the show and Christina was embroiled in a nasty feud with Amber Ryan for the title but if Jessie won tonight then that could change everything, can Jessie finally fulfil her four year long quest to become a World Bombshell Champion and beat Christina Rose for the title? And what would the title change mean for Blaze of Glory?

Backstage at Climax Control 293, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 21st of February 2021, 23:00pm

It’s been a hell of a match so far.

There u was standing by the curtain watching the action unfold, I had already told the production crew to have my theme ready to play once the match was over (and cleared it with the bosses) and now it was just a matter of waiting.

Well, we literally couldn’t wait any longer because the clock was ticking down faster than anyone expected, including the participants in the match.

“What the hell is with the timekeeping for this match?!” I wondered out loud as I watched the match enter its final minute, somehow, I doubted that the bosses would let this go to a time limit draw and was anticipating seeing either Mark or Christian walking towards the entrance ramp any second now, however if they were on their way over it would end up being for naught.

“THE WINNER OF THE MATCH AT 19:59 SECONDS AND STILL SCW WORLD BOMBSHELL CHAMPION, CHRISTINA ROSE!” Justin’s announcements could usually be heard from space so I could hear it clear as day from my position and sure enough, the first few seconds of Meganerd were interrupted by “Unsainted” and I made my way out to the top of the entrance ramp to deliver my message to the retaining champ.

*ten minutes later*

By now most of the roster had left or, in my case, gathering up all the shit I needed, and, in this case, it included a copy of the contract I signed with Mark earlier, don’t get me wrong, there’s no bullshit attached, and I sent a copy to my lawyer who confirmed that it was legit, but it was still good to have a copy on hand.

Just as I finished gathering up my stuff the door opened, and I looked up. “Tough luck out there.” I commented once I saw Keira standing across from me. “I reckon you would’ve had her beat with another ten minutes.”

“It was a close one, tough to stay concentrated when the match is literally down to the final minute.” Keira nodded in agreement before she closed the door behind her. “Still, there’s one thing that’s been eating at me, between how quickly time seemed to pass and your appearance at the end, it seemed like you had a hand in that.”

“What? Do you think I can control time or some shit? I know you’re a super hero and all Keira but come on!” I scoffed as I walked up to the blonde woman. “I was hanging around the door to the entrance ramp from the moment you and Keira were in the ring following your entrances and I was just as surprised as you are about how quickly the time flew by.” I added and Keira paused before nodding.

“That’s good enough for me.” Keira responded before frowning. “Only now it falls to you to prevent Amber from challenging for the World Bombshell Championship.”

“No offence Keira but I’ll be looking out for my own interests come match time.” I responded as I shook my head. “I’ve been trying to win this damn title since 2017 and now that you’ve had your time in the sun with that title, I think it’s my turn! And if I keep Amber out of the World Bombshell Title picture then it’s nothing but a happy coincidence.”

“That’s fine, I thought that’d be your response anyway.” Keira nodded in understanding as she moved to the side. “But even if you win, Amber could still be the challenger, it will just mean that she’ll challenge you instead of Christina.”

“And her team’s still in the Blast from the Past Tournament, in fact many think that Amber and Despayre are the favourites to win.” I pointed out and Keira nodded in agreement. “Personally? My money’s on Myra and Mac, Mac was undefeated before he left, and Myra’s had the Internet Title in a vice like grip.”

“I agree. It’s either Amber and Despayre or Mac and Myra that I can see winning, preferably Myra’s team.” Keira nodded in agreement before she motioned to the door. “I think we’d better get going.”

“Agreed.” I nodded before I followed Keira out of the building, Jake and Shane were already waiting for me in the parking lot, so it wasn’t long before we were off home.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 9th of March, 18:00pm

It’s been a busy couple of weeks since Christina’s last title match.

My title match against Christina is set in stone, don’t let the card preview fool you because I wouldn’t have been so willing to sign it otherwise, but I’ve had my attention diverted two ways since the cycle started, on top of my upcoming World Bombshell Title Match Char Kwan has been a thorn in my side because I, and I quote, cost her the match against Evie Jordan which she claims she would’ve won otherwise.

Let me put it this way, one’s a failed Mixed Tag Team Wrestler trying to make it as a singles star and the other’s Evie Jordan.

“Great, Kreator’s headlining Bloodstock and it might be the one year I can’t attend, fucking COVID-19.” I grumbled under my breath as I read the announcement from Bloodstock this morning, off course there was other stuff to it like the band dropouts and the additions but that was the last thing on my mind, the first thing, well take a guess! “I can’t focus on that though, my match with Christina takes priority.”

“Are you developing psychic powers by any chance Jessie?” Shane asked as he walked into the kitchen and sure enough, Keira was behind him. “Because Keira just showed up to help you train.”

“Off course she did,” I responded with a grin before I stood up to greet Keira, I had heard the doorbell going off, but I just assumed that it was the mailman. “I’m not sure if I really need this Keira, I’ve beaten Christina before.” I said as I walked up to her and Keira shook her head.

“You beat her when she wasn’t champion, not when she was a champion, or do I need to remind you off your first match against her?” Keira pointed out and as much as I hated to admit it, she was right, and I lead her down to the home gym. “Besides, Christina’s a lot more focussed thanks to the feud with Amber and as good as you are, you need all the help you can get.” Keira added before we entered the ring.

“Maybe, but I’ve changed a lot since that first title match as well.” I pointed out as we started sparring in the ring. “Ironically, with a little help from Sin.”

“At least that saga was good for something.” Keira responded with an annoyed sigh as we continued to spar, and the boys watched on. “There is one question though, are you prepared for Char trying to cost you the match?”

“I’m fucking expecting it at this point.” I responded with a scoff as we exchanged holds, once I was out of that hold I continued. “She’s talented enough to be a decent challenge come Blaze of Glory but on the other hand? She’s delusional enough to think that she could’ve beaten Evie in that Street Fight, meaning that she’s that much more dangerous! Then again, I’m not sure if that’s Super Nintendo Chalmers feeding bullshit to her or not.”

“Wouldn’t be surprised if it was, and that nickname for her manager still makes me and Roxi chuckle.” Keira admitted before she called for a break and I backed away from her. “Even so, I won the World Bombshell Championship after years of trying last year, maybe this will be your year.”

“Maybe.” I nodded in agreement as I did some shadow boxing to warm up. “And if I win the title on Sunday, then how will that effect the Supercard? Wouldn’t be the first time my title win changed the bosses plans.”

“That was your third Roulette Title win, right?” Keira asked when she realized what I was talking about and I shrugged, honestly? They’ve kinda blurred together right now with the only exception being my most recent one for obvious reasons. “Or was that your second?”

“Do I look like Mercedes Vargas? I’m not SCW’s historian!” I pointed out and Keira chuckled in response. “I’d ask her, but I think they’re still picking out bits of ladder from her and Violet.”

“After that fall at the end of the ladder match? It wouldn’t surprise me.” Keira nodded in agreement before we resumed sparring.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 9th of March 2021. 21:00pm

*promo time*

I’ve been planning this promo out since Christina retained the title over Keira Fisher a few weeks ago so yeah, I’m ready for this.

“I may not be Mercedes Vargas, but I’m still going to give you a history lesson! High Stakes VI, 20th of November 2016, do you remember that date Christina? You should, it was the last time we fought for the SCW World Bombshell Championship and on that faithful night at the Golen Centre in Los Angeles, California you beat me to retain the title, since then? I’ve been fighting tooth and nail to get back into that position and now after I beat Evie Jordan in the Chamber of Extreme, I’m getting that chance.”

And I’m not letting it go to waste.

“The reason I bring that match up is simple, I’m not the same wrestler you defended the title against five years ago, back then I was still riding off the high of winning the Bombshell Internet Championship for the first and only time and I thought that I could win the World Bombshell Championship the same way, so, what’s changed? Title shot ban and I’ve ranted enough about that saga of my career in SCW but whilst I put up with that, I watched you get opportunity after opportunity that you consistently fucked up.”

There’s a word for that.

“I’m not here to rant about the hypocrisy of certain people, I’m here to talk about how I’m going to win this match and after watching you get so many opportunities? This match has been five years in the making, oh sure, you can say that you were just accepting the matches as you got them but how exactly did you get the shot that started this reign again? It’s at the tip of my tongue but I can’t find words, oh, wait, no it isn’t!”

I said as I shook my head.

“You took a page out of my playbook, you went to Mark Ward and by hook or by crook, you got the title opportunity against Keira at the first PPV of the year, now I’m not saying that this just reeks of hypocrisy, but I can’t help but find it funny how the same thing that I’ve been lambasted for since 2016 is suddenly perfectly fine the moment that someone whose schizophrenic does it! Only real difference is your attempt worked and you defended your title in your first defence.”

What a coincidence.

“I will give you credit for getting past the first major hurdle of every new champion Christina, I’ve failed to get past that more times than I care to count, but that’s where the credit ends and this Sunday is when your title reign ends, how this will affect the Blaze of Glory Card is yet to be seen but this Sunday marks the day where I end a five year odyssey to win the World Bombshell Championship, it's just funny how this saga of my life will finally against the woman who I first challenged for the title back in 2016!”

It’s that simple.

“This Sunday is when I finally achieve my destiny and become a grand slam champion after five years of trying! I’ve already beaten you once before Christina, or do I need to remind you off the time you entered the Chamber of Extreme with me a few years ago? I beat you on that day and this Sunday history will repeat for one of us as I pin your shoulders down for the three count and win that title, everything afterwards? We’ll have to wait until Blaze of Glory to find out, won’t we?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Time and again, you got opportunities handed to you on a silver platter Christina whilst I had to scratch and claw to even get a sniff at the title following the title shot ban but this Sunday the reign that you started by copying my tactics from back in the day will come to an end after I beat you to win the title that I’ve been after for the past five years of my life! This is the “Unsainted Angel” Jessie Salco signing off with messages for Char Kwan and Christina, Christina? Your reign ends this Sunday, Char? If you know what’s good for you, stay out of this match!”

I walked off as the scene fade.