Author Topic: Emotional overdrive, Vixen's on the edge  (Read 838 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Emotional overdrive, Vixen's on the edge
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »
 It has been a long interesting few weeks.  Considering that Vixen was on tour with Sin City Wrestling and currently they were in South America, having time to one’s self might be difficult.   For Vixen, it is darn right impossible but for the current NWA Cruiserweight champion, time to one’s self needed to be found.

\'user

The pulsing hum of a vibrating phone can be heard along with the accompanying beat of the Imperial death march theme plays as a woman straddles a bench, an ice pack on her shoulder.  After Climax Control had gone off the air, Vixen was trying to relax in the empty locker room that had been commandeered by NXT.  But the insistent pulsing and song gets her attention like nothing else.  Only one reason could be playing that song…

It had happened years ago.  The fight…the fire…it was all a big painful blur to Vixen who had only been young when it happened.  Her mother had saved her from a beating from a drunk and violent father at the cost of her own life.  Dousing herself and her husband had been a reactionary instinctive move for Vixen’s mother as she wielded the rye bottle to fight off Vixen’s father.  What couldn’t have been predicted was the tumble the pair made into the lit fireplace or the ensuing blaze of inferno that had happened.

That was the last she had seen of her mother forever and “family” for close to twenty years.  Most of that life was spent bouncing from foster home to foster home until Vixen was seventeen and given the choice of jail or the army.  

It was in the army she had found her brother and reconnected but it was when she began wrestling that she once again found her father.  It wasn’t by choice but there was nothing she could do about it since Devlin was the one to bring them back together.

Vixen stepped out of the truck and looked at the rather institutional building that Devlin had parked in front of.  He killed the engine and exited the vehicle, slamming the door and walking around to stand beside Vixen.

“I don’t know why you brought me here,” she mutters at her brother, her arms crossing over her chest and her eyes hidden behind a pair of silvered shades.  Dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a light tee, Vixen is intent on staying away from the building like it holds some kind of deadly fate within its walls.  “There is nothing I have to say to him you know.”

Devlin looks at his younger sister with a look of disgust on his face.  “You know he still is your father,” he replies as he brushes his hand though his hair, pushing the longish strands out of his face.  “Besides Vix, he told me that he wants to apologize for…”

“For what Dev…killing our mother or letting me get put into the foster system?” she returns with a smirk.  Pulling the shades outwards, she pushes them up over her forehead to hold back her long dark hair back.

“Vix, he’s changed.  And you have too.  So why not just talk to him once huh?  Bury the hatchet so to speak.”

Vixen moves to lean against the bumper of the truck with a shake of her head, muttering under her breath as she pulls out a small silvered case and opens it to reveal a light pink lip gloss that she rubs her finger into then traces that finger over her fuller lower lip.  

“Well?” demands her brother as she once again pulls the shades down to cover her eyes.  Her smile widens slightly as she shakes her head negatively.  Waving his hand at his sister, he just huffs angrily and heads towards the door as Vixen walks near him only as far as the front steps where she plants herself with a sigh.  “Last chance,” he says only to be waved away by Vixen.

Reaching out to the phone as if it was a viper coiled to strike, Vixen brings it to her ear after pressing the answer button.  “Hello,” she says with a soft whisper as her other hand brings the ice to the bench.  Listening to the person on the other end of the phone, she takes a slow breath as she listens.  “It’s that bad?” she asks as she begins to nod.  “You have called Devlin right?  Okay, I will be there tomorrow.”

Spike walks in to see Vixen methodically push the disconnect button and then let her hand fall into her lap.  Moving to straddle the bench behind her, he says nothing as he pulls Vixen to lean back into him, offering his strength that she draws on as she looks up at him, a teary half smile on her face.

“You all right babe?” he murmurs as his hands snake around her to hold her.  Her hands creep up to clutch his arms as she turns her face into his neck, a hiccup of a sob escaping.  “Who was on the phone?” he asks softly.

“It was the nursing home where my father was cared for.  He took a turn for the worse and they are calling the family in,” she says.  “They called Dev and me since we are the only family he has left.”

“So, you want me to come with you?” he asks, the words rumbling in his chest under her ear.

“No you have match against Sean Jackson to get ready for as well as Jordan Williams.  I’ll be back in St. Louis very soon.  From the sound of it…my father isn’t going to make it this time,” she says, another sob escaping.  Brushing at her tears, she chokes on a soft chuckle.  “I don’t even like him very much,” she confesses.  “So I don’t know why I am crying.”

Spike says nothing but leans in to kiss Vixen then pull her into a strong embrace.  With his hand caressing along her hair, he murmurs quietly as Vixen collapses in sobs.  The pair sit there for what seems like a long time but only moments have passed.  Vixen raises herself up and wipes at her reddened cheeks.  “I guess I better get to the airport if I am going to make it home to see him.  If I don’t , Dev will kick my ass,” she adds teasingly, the joking nature at odds with the sadness still on her face.”  Caressing Spike’s face, she leans in and presses her lips to his.  “Come to see me off?” she asks softly against his lips.”

“You know it,” he replies as the pair gets to their feet.  Vixen reaches down to the floor where her bag is resting and zips it up.  The pair head towards the door and leave the locker room.  Heading to the garage, they climb into the vehicle there and tell the driver to head towards the airport.

\'user

On the plane, Vixen lays her head back.  Even though her thoughts are with her father, one bit of her mind is focused on the Hostile Takeover match she was booked in.  The main event is a battle for it all between Team Erik’s Bombshells Misty, the Fallen and Necra and Team SCW made up of Faith, Roxi Johnson, Odette and herself with all titles on the line.  A grin crosses her face as Vixen pushes her seat back and prepared to relax as the plane flies through the velvety night sky.

With her eyes closed, she could imagine what will be said about the Team SCW bombshells.  With each title on the line, the alignments we quite interesting.  Odette put herself in the line of fire for Misty’s bombshell title, a title that Vixen still held the rematch clause for.  Faith was paired with Necra for the Bombshell Roulette and the Fallen were the intended target of Roxi and Vixen.  

Thinking back to the match she had against the Fallen in recent history, Vixen’s face tightens with determination on what she needed to do to win the match this time.  Fighting against that pair was going to be very serious and when she did get the pair in the ring, she was going to have to focus on the goal and that was taking both Gothika and Raynin out of commission.  There was going to be no room for errors, not this time, not when she had more to think about.  This wasn’t just a chance at a title again, it was a battle for control and she was going to be damned if she was going to let Misty and Raynin and Gothika and Necra have the control.

One thought tickled the back of her mind for a moment.  With Odette leading the charge, would people think that Vixen was taking herself out of the leading of the Bombshells in SCW.  A chuckle from Vixen drew the attention of a few people nearby.  

”Misty’s probably going to have a fit thinking that now that Odette is coming after her in the ring, that I am sliding into the background but the best part about that is that yes, I am not coming after my title like I should.  I am going for something a little bit more prestigious and a little bit more out there.  I am going to win this match in the cage to keep power in SCW’s hands for the bombshells and I am going to be the very first grandslam champion.”

Vixen unconsciously rubbed her hands together as she sighs with pleasure at that thought.  

“I have to applaud Odette though, she and I have been putting NXT at the top of both the Bombshell division and SCW.  We are the faces of the Bombshells that will lead SCW into battle against Misty and her so called minions that think that after this match in the cage at Hostile takeover, they will control it all.  I am not someone that will make it that easy for her and neither is Odette.  So when we step in the cage, we are going to enjoy giving Misty what she deserves,  enjoy the beating that Faith is going to lay on Necra and enjoy the absolute destruction of the Fallen that Roxi and I are going to accomplish.  This cage match is going to play right into the extreme nature of NXT.”

Vixen smiles then yawns as finally her adrenaline fades.  Settling back, she slowly slips into sleep, her body twitching slightly as she starts to dream.

{Vixen is standing in a room where a bed is seen, the body on it covered from head to toe in a blank white sheet.  She moves closer, watching as stains begin to appear.  The shroudlike cloth darkens with a rusty brown spot of blood that spreads slowly.  Half afraid to pull the covering back, Vixen reaches for the edge and lightly tugs on it.  With bated breath, she yanks at the covering which reveals Vixen herself covered in blood.  

“She put up a good fight but it was just too much for her,” a voice says, the cockiness of it ringing in the darkness a few feet from the bed.  “But every time she faces me, it is the same thing every time.  I beat her like a red headed step child and still she thinks that she is good enough to replace me.”  Stepping into the light, Misty smirks as she holds the title by the prone Vixen’s head.  “I keep telling you Vix that you are nothing compared to me.”

A pair of women move out of the shadows at the foot of the bed, the Bombshell tag titles resting on their shoulders side by side.  “She never knew that we knew she was the weakest link,” says Raynin.  “Odette should have never put her against us.”

Necra gets her own words in as she steps into the light.  “Nothing but a reaped soul,” she intones with a sneer.

Vixen watches as all four surround her prone body.  Anger rushes through her as she fights to get to her body.  Suddenly she takes a running leap into it, the body arching as a flash of light shoots out of her chest to engulf the four women.  Screams of pain and surprise escape them as Vixen rises phoenixlike from the gurney to take in the now shrivelled women.

“I am going to keep rising and keep burning you into nothingness,” says Vixen only to see the gnarled hands reach for her.  Her spirit stirs, her triumphant smile crossing her face as a final flame incinerates everything in the room.}

Vixen fights awake at the touch on her body as the stewardess leans over her.  “Miss, we are approaching Ottawa International Airport,” she says, “you need to fasten your seatbelt.”

Vixen nods and sits up, fastening her seatbelt and gripping the armrest.  The plane comes in and once it touches down, taxies towards the terminal.  After it stops, the passengers disembark and head down the skyway.  Vixen is one of the last few off and hangs back as she slowly makes her way into the terminal where she spies Devlin waiting for her, a solemn look on his face.

“I don’t believe it,” he says softly.  “You sure you want to do this?”

“It’s time…and he can’t go without some kind of forgiveness,” replies Vixen as the siblings move towards the doors.  “Between you and me though Dev, I thought this upcoming match I have at Hostile takeover is harder but facing him is going to be harder.”

“Let’s get it over with then,” says Devlin.

The pair leaves the airport and climb into the back of a Blueline taxi, directing it to the Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus.  A half an hour later, the pair are sitting at the bedside of a man covered in scarred skin.  His chest inflates and deflates with the ventilator as the sound of beeping adds its own tempo to the room.  Vixen wipes at her eyes as she lays one hand near the man’s but doesn’t take the final step to clasp his hand.  With her head down, she doesn’t see the man open his eyes and take in his daughter.

“Vixen…forgive me”  

The raspy paper thin voice brings her head up to look at the man who spoke.   Eyes blank with the pain bore into hers as she leans forward.  “I..” she begins only to be stopped by the choking on her tears.  “I do forgive you,” she whispers.

A smile is hidden by the oxygen mask before the man’s eyes close again.  Suddenly, the beep turns into a consistant whine.  Vixen’s eyes fill with tears as Devlin puts his hands on her shoulder to pull her back.  “It’s over,” he says to her as he pulls her in for a hug.  We are going to have to make plans for him.”

Vixen nods.  “I have to get back to St. Louis to see Spike too…” she replies.  “He’s going to need to get ready for Sean Jackson and I can help him with that.”  Vixen takes a deep breath and turns to walk out of the hospital room.  Devlin watches her with concern as he follows slowly.  By the time he exits the room, Vixen is nowhere to be seen.

\'user

Video log of Vixen

“Ladies, here I am posting this very difficult promotion of our match.  Right now you would think that with my father dying tonight I would be lost.  That my mind wouldn’t be in the match but you would be dead wrong…pardon the pun.

I am more focused now than I have ever been.  I have realized that life is too short to worry about regrets and it is too short not to take everything at full throttle.  I sat back and I held myself back because I had too much baggage with my life and now I realize that I can’t hold back anymore.  I have been fighting a losing battle with myself over not being everything I could be.  I have been fighting the fact that I have had to suck up being taken advantage of, of being put down and held down by women that think they are better than me.  And the worse part of that is I LET them !  

No more!

I am not going to let Misty or the Fallen or Necra beat me at Hostile Takeover.  No, that night I am going to work out all my frustrations on the poor pathetic bombshells who deluded themselves into thinking that Vixen isn’t the most dangerous woman in this match.  I have nothing to hold back for, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Revenge, payback, call it what you want, I am coming for the tag titles, the win and to utterly destroy Team Erik and keep the titles with the Team SCW…where they belong in the first place.

I am serving notice right now…this isn’t the funloving Vixen you are facing in the ring.  This is a feral animal who wants to exorcise the pain and anger and frustration that I am feeling, that I have been feeling for the longest time in SCW.  So ladies, I hope your insurance policy has been paid up because the way I feel right now…you are going to need it.”

With that, Vixen reaches for the record button and sends the image to snow.
>