Author Topic: Vixen's mental struggle playing on her doubts  (Read 832 times)

Offline Vixen

• The Fox
    • View Profile
    • Vixen
Vixen's mental struggle playing on her doubts
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:49:49 PM »
 The Blaze of Glory card had been announced and already it was shaping up to be one of those so called barnburner slobberknockers of a night, quite fitting if you equate a blaze of glory and fire.

Speaking about being on fire, one of the matches booked for that night has Vixen defending her belt against Misty. The last time that these two women faced off for the title, Misty held it, Vixen sought it and came up short in the match. History was about to repeat itself or will this match be a little different?

\'user

The room is filled with a soft mistiness from a recent shower. Sitting at the old fashioned vanity desk, Vixen can be seen with her hair pulled up into hot curlers, dressed scantily in a soft lace and satin teddy that leaves a lot to the imagination. Looking into the mirror, she slowly brushes powder across her face, the light peachy colour accenting her cheeks as her large black rimmed eyes shine with a touch of glittery gold and pale pink. Turning her head one way then another, she passes the brush over her cheek one last time. Satisfied, she puts the brush on the table top in front of her and then reaches for a curler in her hair.

From the side, a soft voice can be heard. The woman is holding up a silvery white lace dress that Vixen looks at in the mirror. “How about this one?” the woman asks with a slight shake of the dress. Vixen’s head tilts to the left for a moment before she shakes her head.

“I can’t wear that one, I look too virginal Ang,” jokes Vixen. “Besides, do you really think that I want to look that way when I go out with Spike? When I do that it confuses too many people.” Vixen adds laughter to that comment which only makes the woman shake her head and then put the dress away.

“You know what Vix, you are as hard to pick clothes for as Dev,” says Angelique, Vixen’s sister in law as she reaches inside the closet where clothing can be seen, pulling out a short burgundy dress with a fringe of gold along the short skirt.

Vixen takes one look at the dress and nods enthusiastically. “He won’t be able to resist this,” she states as she gets to her feet. With one curl teasing her cheek, she moves to Angelique and takes the dress to hold it up in front of her. “This I like,” she adds as she sways slightly to and fro.

“You know, these glamour shots can also be in lingerie like what you have on,” adds a pregnant Angelique who moves awkwardly towards the camera and small area arranged with velvet curtains hanging from a stand and small columns placed strategically around. “You look pretty hot in that outfit…even with the curlers…” Angelique teases as she picks up a small Nikon camera and looks through the viewer. “Just don’t tell Dev I told you so okay? He still hasn’t gotten over the fact that I play for both teams even though I love only him. Hell I married the guy,” she insists with a wry grin on her face.

Vixen raises one skeptical eyebrow at that comment then shakes her head. “Really?” she questions as she hangs up the dress on the Japanese screen that stands in the corner, a nod to a change room for the photoshoot. Angelique is still intent on setting up her camera but manages to shoot a couple of glances at Vixen who has moved back to the vanity and picked up a ruby red lipstick that she glides over her bottom lip. “So…” says Vixen, still intent on emphasizing her lips.

“So what?” replies Angelique, “sounds like you are trying to change the subject. You know, you might be better off talking about this supercard coming up. Isn’t it your first title defense of the Bombshell title?”

Once she is satisfied, she straightens again and moves towards Angelique as she nods her head. “Yeah, it is totally going to be one hell of a fight literally and figuratively, especially considering who I am facing for the belt.”

“Speaking of,” Angelique says, “you never mentioned who you are facing. Is it someone tough to beat? Have you two got history?” The pregnant woman is surprised as Vixen lets a soft bark of laughter escape her. “Oh great, I make you laugh when I try to show an interest in what you do,” complains Angelique with a sniff. She motions at Vixen to step into the set.

Grabbing a pair of black stockings and high heeled mary jane shoes, Vixen steps on the set without replying and sets the shoes on a column and drapes one stocking on them before sitting on a nearby chair as she begins to roll up the stocking then slides her pointed foot into the toe and rolls the stocking up her leg. Angelique can’t help but watch each tug and slide of the silken stocking up the leg, softly licking her lips as Vixen straightens her leg and attaches the teddy’s straps to the top of the stocking. Angelique smiles as Vixen reaches for the other stocking, putting it on her bare leg before standing to straighten both. Sliding her feet into the shoes, she leans over and brings one upward to put the clasp over her instep and fasten the shoe closed then fastening the other.

Angelique reaches for a pair of red satin gloves that match the teddy, she walks up to Vixen with a questioning look on her face. “Tell me about your opponent,” she offers as Vixen begins to pull on her gloves. “It might make you feel better to get it off your chest.”

Vixen nods as she picks up the final prop that Angelique had there. “I’m facing Misty,” answers Vixen, hanging her head as she checks herself, appearing to dismiss the idea that she was anything but nervous about her match up. Angelique flicks her tongue against her teeth as she tilts Vixen’s chin up.

“MISTY is your opponent?” asks Angelique. “Isn’t she the one that…”

“Yes she is,” interrupts Vixen as she shakes out her hair. Angelique takes the hint and moves back to where she had set down her camera. “She’s the one that last time I faced her with the Bombshell title on the line, I lost to her. And trust me if I know Misty, she is going to be all over that thought like a fat kid on a cupcake. I know that she is probably going to bring up the fact that when I face her, I have yet to beat her and that she has my number when it counts.”

“But Vixen, this counts and it is you that is the champion this time, not her,” Angelique replies as she takes her first picture of Vixen in the lingerie.  “Don’t you worry Vix, I got faith for you winning this match.”  Motioning for Vixen to assume another pose and then begins to take her picture again.  After a few frames, Angelique can’t help but see that Vixen’s worry is coming out in the pictures.  Putting the camera down, she moves to grasp Vixen by the shoulders and gives her a shake.  “Come on Vixen, pull out of it.  You aren’t going to let Misty’s attitude affect your confidence are you?  So what, she beat you before.  But that was before you were champion and she can’t beat you now that you are champion right?”

Vixen’s shakes her head sadly.  “She did beat me when I was a champion.  She was the one that knocked me out of the Blast from the Past tournament.  I am not going to be fooling myself to think that she isn’t going to be coming at me with everything she has.  This is her chance to be a three time champion and humiliate me.  I don’t know what she would want more.”  

The defeat that colours Vixen’s voice makes Angelique shake her again.  Vixen fights off the hands of her sister in law and taking a deep breath, moves back to the set and poses again.  Angelique gives her a look which brings a smile to Vixen’s lips.  “I get it Ang, I really get it,” exclaims Vixen, her hands open wide.  “Misty is looking for me to be down on myself about this and if I beat myself, she won’t have to beat me at all.  Well, I am not going to let her do that to me, not this time.  I AM the bombshell champion and I will be the bombshell champion when the match is over.”  

Angelique smiles as Vixen tucks one curl back at her temple then picking up the cigarette holder again, she puts one knee on the table and looks demurely downward as Angelique begins to snap her pictures.  

\'user

Suddenly, she squeaks in surprise as a splash of water puddles around her feet.  Vixen rushes towards her sister in law, screaming for Devlin who slams the room door open.  He takes in Vixen in her lingerie and blushing, turns towards Angelique.   Realizing that she is in labour, he rushes to his wife as Vixen rushes to the princess phone by the bed and dials 911.  Getting the operator, she tells them what is happening.  Once she puts the phone down again, she grabs a silken robe to wrap around herself as the scene fades out with a scream from Angelique.

\'user

Dressed in a pair of silky pajamas, a hot cup of tea at her left elbow, Vixen is catching up on her social media.  Usually found on twitter, she has been too busy to even look on her Twitter account let alone check out Facebook, Linked in and email.  At the other end of the bed, Spike can be seen relaxing, watching Vixen who has her hair pulled up in a messy topknot.

“So, what is the Fox’s response to all the social media posts?” asks a semi-serious Spike as he motions a microphone at Vixen who just laughs and tosses the small stuffed bear sitting on the bed at the man.  “Come on babe, wanna give me the exclusive on just what the Bombshell champion is thinking and feeling in advance of the biggest challenge to her title to date.”

Vixen shakes her head as Spike crawls up the bed to lounge beside Vixen, looking down at the laptop sitting on the rumpled bedspread.  “If you must know, I am thinking you are crazy and feel like you need to focus on just how you are going to be dealing with a champion,” Vixen teases before leaning over to softly plant a slow kiss on the lips of Spike.  The sound of an incoming email breaks the two apart.

“So not saved by the bell this time,” mumbles Spike as Vixen snuggles down beside him and presses the mousepad to open the email.  Inside is a link that she clicks which sends her to youtube video.  On it, Spike and Misty can be seen during their wedding ceremony.  Suddenly, a looped image of Misty hitting Spike between the legs plays as “Cher Lloyd’s “Want you back” begins to play.

“What the f…” says Spike as his attention is grabbed.  Vixen holds up a hand.  “Let’s see what this is all about shall we?” she replies, watching the screen and not catching the glare from Spike.

The song continues to play, the video showing instances where Misty and Spike had encounters backstage as well as clips of Vixen and Spike.  Each time the words “Want you back” are heard, the image of Spike and Misty in some kind of embrace can be seen.  Spike’s anger is slow to rise but Vixen’s boils over as she snaps her finger on the mousepad and turns the video off.

“I wonder who thought they would be funny sending me that,” grumbles Vixen as she opens the email and reads the address it was sent from.  “Queensfool, why am I not surprised,” she adds as she opens the email fully to read the message under the link.  “Oh get this.”  Vixen coughs before reading the message.  “It says here that ‘Queen Misty is going to reign all over your title and the Bombshells once again.’  Can you believe it?” says Vixen with a giggle.  “I guess I must be making someone nervous.”

Spike takes a slow breath.  “There is a good chance that most people are going to be rooting for Misty after all she is someone that could be thought of as the toughest woman in SCW.  But I want you to remember that she may think she is all that but she is beatable.  Odette did beat her badly and at Blaze of Glory, you are going to do the same thing babe.”

Vixen leans back, her head falling heavily on the pillow behind her.  “Spike , seriously, I know what I have to do.  I want to be able to relax about this but I know that she is going to be giving me a beating I won’t forget.  And I also know that Misty is going to be talking about how she beat me last time.”

“She did beat you Vix,” Spike says as leans on his hand to look at Vixen who turns her head to smile at him.  

“Yes, she retained her title facing me but she also had to cheat to get that win,” argues Vixen who sits up and then closes the email.  Without saying anything else, she gets to her feet and heads towards the door of the room.  “I’ll be right back,” she offers over her shoulder before leaving the room and heading towards the kitchen of her apartment.  

Once there, she stands with her hands on the counter looking into the sink as she fights for some breath as nerves cause an anxiety attack.   Vixen doesn’t see Spike who comes up behind her and wraps her in his arms from behind.  “Babe, are you all right?” he asks, instinctively resting his chin on her shoulder, offering his strength.

“I have to be Spike,” Vixen mutters in a panicky voice.  This is my second title that I have defended and I don’t want to be seen as someone that is just a transitional champion.”  Vixen’s hands move to caress Spike’s forearms.  “I want to prove that I belong as champion.”

“Where is this coming from?” Spike asks as he turns Vixen into an embrace.  “You haven’t ever been this…I don’t know…scared.”

“This is Misty and she is the measuring stick everyone in the division is measured against.  I haven’t ever been at her level without having to deal with the fact that when I have gotten her in the ring, I have always come up short.   I know that this show is important and I know that I am going to have to fight the battle of my life,” moans Vixen.

“There is a reason you are the first lady of NXT,” Spike says, his finger under her chin to raise her eyes to his.  “You were the one that I scouted and recruited.  I didn’t offer it to Misty, I offered it to you.  And after the supercard, when you retain, you are going to be the one standing tall and Misty will just be a bad memory for the both of us,” he offers before leaning in and matching his lips to Vixen’s.  Pulling back, he smirks and takes a breath.  “Now I want you to repeat after me.”

Vixen raises an eyebrow as she slowly replies with a drawn out okay.

“I am Vixen Lefebvre and I am the bombshell champion,” Spike says with confidence.

“I am Vixen Lefebvre and I am the bombshell champion,” mimics Vixen with a smile.

“And I am going to kick that no good for nothing Misty’s…” he continues only to get a giggle from Vixen.  “Say it…”

“And I am going to kick that no good for nothing Misty’s…” says Vixen still unable to stop her giggles.

“…Ass like the royal pain she is in it.”

“Spike be serious,” comments Vixen only to be given a glare as Spike motions for her to repeat what he said.  ““And I am going to kick that no good for nothing Misty’s…Ass like the royal pain she is in it.”

“There, feel better?” he asks as he puts an arm around the neck of Vixen as she collapses against him.  Vixen nods as she smiles slightly before reaching for the cookie jar sitting nearby.  Opening the lid, she can see that it is empty with a piece of paper with the letters IOU on it and a JS in the corner.  Vixen turns to Spike once more.  “When was Jamie here?” she asks as she waves the IOU.  “You gotta tell him that I don’t mind sharing but he’s gotta leave me some too.”  Closing the jar, she sighs and then goes towards the fridge as the scene fades out.

\'user

Vixen’s Vlog can be seen on a board where a camera is focused on.  Stepping into the shot and sitting down is Vixen who begins to speak into the camera.

“This week on the vlog I am not going to be the fun and games Vixen you have come to know and love.  No this week I am going to be hard and direct in what I want to talk about and let me tell you that I am taking this very seriously.

Misty is getting the shot at my title and trust me when I tell you that I have spent more time worrying about what is going to happen and then Spike put it all into perspective for me.   He reminded me that it is my title and that I am not only as tough as Misty, I am just as skilled and just as dangerous.  We both know that the two of us have a history and both of us are capable of hurting each other.  

I know that she is probably thinking that I am not at her level, that her only challenge in SCW is Odette or Roxanne.  Well, I hope she keeps thinking that.  Because when she does that she will be totally underestimating a woman that is definitely looked at as the underdog in this match.  Interesting huh…the champion is the underdog in a match that she would be the odds on favourite.  But say the name Misty and the odds flip.”

Vixen slowly lifts the title into view.

”I like those odds Misty.  I like playing long shots and this is one hell of one.  I am glad that it is you that I make my first title defense against.  Because beating you will give me the boost I need to realize that I am one of the best in the federation.  You did put me in a place of doubt and mistrust of my skills but after the supercard, that doubt and mistrust will be exorcised by the one two three of the referee counting your shoulders to the mat.”

With that comment, the power seems to shut off sending everything to snow on the feed.
>