Author Topic: Cuttin' a promo  (Read 833 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
Cuttin' a promo
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »
 It’s already eighty-four degrees at only eight in the morning at Earl Wilson Stadium on the UNLV campus.  There is already plenty of activity as the SCW ring crew is attempting to finish setting up for tonight’s supercard, Into The Void, before the heat really sets it. The forecast says it’s going to get up to one oh six today. The pieces of the six-sided ring are stacked where second base normally sits, still waiting to be assembled. The stage has been completed and a majority of the ring hands are currently focused on putting together the ramp. If they measured correctly, the ramp should end just past the pitcher’s mound. There doesn’t appear to be a single person that isn’t busy being productive. Except one man. He occupies a seat about halfway up the seats, just watching the action on the field. His feet are propped up on the seat in front of him. The Stetson hat that rests upon his head gives away his identity before we can even see his face. The view switches to a camera that is pointed right at Wyatt Peterson in the seats. Wyatt keeps his gaze locked onto the field as he starts to talk.

Wyatt: Tom’s been sendin’ me text messages for the last couple a weeks. He knows exactly what buttons tah push tah get into mah head. He knows all a mah strengths an’ weaknesses. He’s kinda like the Lex Luthor tah mah Superman. He has the ability and know how tah use me against me.

The corner of Wyatt’s lip curls into a bit of a half-smile.

Wyatt: The thing that he don’t realize is that ah’m not the same guy anymore. Mah injury and his turn on me changed the way ah think. Sure, that don’t change mah physical abilities, but it does mean that he can’t get into mah head. Ah know that if ah wanna git him in the ring, ah’m gonna hafta keep mah head on straight and git through his three goons later tonight. Ah’m not gonna discount the three guys that he put together. They’re all good talents and will make this match tonight a helluva challenge.

Wyatt brings his feet down off of the seat in front of him and shifts his body to face the camera.

Wyatt: Ah mean, look The Jackal Adam Smith. Ah can see why Tom picked ‘im. He’s been around for a while, which means that he knows his way ‘round a ring. Another thing that Tom probably likes is that Smith was trained by the Hardcore Legend Mick Foley. Tom said ‘imself that ah ain’t hardcore enough. The Jackal is probably supposed to teach me a lesson.

Wyatt makes quotation marks with his fingers  as he says “teach me a lesson”.

Wyatt: Honestly, ah ain’t seen nothin’ from Smith lately. Ah don’t think he’s too committed tah the match. That work’s fer me though. It’s one less guy that ah’d have tah worry about durin’ the match.

Wyatt reaches into the pocket of his shirt and pulls out a handkerchief. He lifts his Stetson a few inches off of his head and wipes the sweat off of his brow using the handkerchief. He places it back into his pocket before continuing.

Wyatt: Then there’s that other guy. The Brand. Maybe it was True Brit. Ah can’t keep up with his damn name changes. Ah think his actual name is Johnny Brown. All ah really know ‘bout this guy is that he don’t give a damn about nothing but money. He always seems tah be advertisin’ fer somethin’ just tah make a quick buck. That, an’ he’s got a funny accent and uses funny words. He thinks soccer is football.

Wyatt chuckles.

Wyatt: Ya know what really cracks me up about guys like Johnny Brown? They seem tah have it in their head that ah’m the one who turned on Tom. Ah don’ see how anyone with a brain could see it that way. It’s perdy obvious that it was the other way around. Ah can see what Tom likes ‘bout him though. He’s got a bit of a mean streak. He shows a toughness that very few men are able tah bring tah the ring. Tom probably offered him a hefty bonus tah beat me. Ah have no doubt that Johnny’s gonna bring it all just tah make his money.

Wyatt pauses to collect his thoughts before continuing.

Wyatt: Tom’s best pick though? That had tah have been Goth. That is one scary lookin’ dude. He’s the kinda guy that haunts people’s nightmares.

Wyatt shivers at the sheer thought of Goth.

Wyatt: As much as that dude creeps me out though, ah’ve gotta do whatever it takes tah get mah match with Tom.  Ah wasn’t able tah watch his last promo because of his creepiness, but ah did listen tah it. He made some good points. The one that really stuck out ta me was when he said that ah was lookin’ past this match. Ah was lookin’ completely past these opponents tah mah match with Tom. At first, ah laughed this off, but then ah really thought ‘bout it an’ realized that he was right. Ah was so wrapped up in getting’ mah hands on Tom that Goth, Johnny Brown, and Adam Smith were an afterthought. Ah should really thank Goth fer helpin’ me get mah head in the game. Ah’ll hafta remember tah do that when ah see him tonight.

Wyatt takes his hat off again and starts fanning himself with it.

Wyatt: Man! It’s hotter than two squirrels screwin’ on a wool sock.

After a couple of more fans, Wyatt replaces the hat on his head.

Wyatt: Ah sure am grateful fer the Surf Boys comin’ out tah help me. Some people have been sayin’ that they were stupid fer stickin’ their noses in the middle of mah mess. Ah don’ think that’s the case though. Ah say that they’re real men fer doin’ it. Most of the chicken sh*ts in the back jus’ sat there with their thumbs up their asses while Tom an’ his boys beat me up in the ring. The Surf Boys may not have the most up here...

Wyatt taps on his head.

Wyatt: …but they more than make up fer it with what they’ve got in here.

Wyatt points at his chest where his heart would be.

Wyatt: Until a couple of weeks ago, ah’d never really had any contact with any of the guys on Tom’s team. Ah never had any problem with them. Ah didn’t really like ‘em, but ah didn’t have a problem with ‘em. But now, with them bein’ the only thing between me an’ Tom, they’re even higher on mah sh*t list than that jumbo sized jackass, Casey Williams. Ah thought the world of Tom. He seemed like a real class act. He was willin’ tah take me under his wing an’ teach me the industry. Ah’ll always have a soft spot fer her fer what he did fer me.

Wyatt looks down at the ground for a moment to gain his composure. His eyes are emotionless as he lifts his head to stare directly into the camera.

Wyatt: Tom, this message is fer you. Ah never did anything tah you tah deserve what you did. Ah’d been nothin’ but a loyal friend tah ya. Actually, scratch that, we were more than friends. We were brothers. When ya attacked me a month ago, it broke mah heart. Yeah, ah know it makes me sound like a winey little bitch, but it’s a fact. Then, the next week, when ya came out there and started actin’ like an assh*le tah everyone, it made me realize that ah don’t need ya. You hardened mah heart tah where all ah see when ah see ya is red. Tonight, ah’m gonna take out yer boys. No matter how hard ya try to stop it, me, Narly, an’ Radical are gonna win this match. Then… well… then It’s yer turn.

Wyatt stands up from his seat and starts jogging down the stairs to the field. Once he reaches the bottom, Wyatt hops the barricade and goes into the dugout. Disappearing to prepare for the biggest match of his short career.
user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)