Author Topic: Wyatt's Candid Interview  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
Wyatt's Candid Interview
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »
 The Twitter craze has hit Sin City Wrestling (@SCWrestling1). Everyone from “Hot Stuff” Mark Ward (@SCWBossHS) all the way down to the Surf Boys (@TheSurfBoys) have found their way onto the social network. The last several days have been filled with tweets back and forth about who has the bigger penis and who’s the biggest slut in SCW. A couple of people have just been laughing at banter while trying to not draw any heat their direction. One person that falls into that category is “Big Country” Wyatt Peterson (@BigCountrySCW). He’s been using Twitter to promote any appearances that he’s making, trying to make people laugh, or informing the world of the size of his bowel movements.

This morning, his manager and travel partner, Tom Dudely (@SinCityDudely) was in their hotel room checking out the latest Twitter feed on his cell phone while Wyatt was shaving his face at the sink.

Tom: Did you see that one of The Aristocrats released their promo?

Wyatt drags his cheap disposable razor across his cheek and rinses it in the running water.

Wyatt: Yeah, ah saw that on Twitter this morning. It was right there with the promotin’ of “Stop Cyber Bullying” at Blaze of Glory and the announcement about the NWA Women’s Title announcement. Maybe ya should get Leah tah come out of retirement for it.

Tom shakes his head.

Tom: No chance. Leah made it very clear that she’s retired for good. She may show up to watch a show but she’ll never compete in the ring again.

Wyatt drags the razor across his face again.

Wyatt: That’s too bad. Ah would love tah see her put on her wrasslin’ spandex again.

Wyatt drags the cheap razor down his cheek. He jolts a little as he nicks himself.

Wyatt: Damn cheap razors!

Wyatt places the razor on the counter and gets his hand wet to wipe away a drop of blood that was starting to form. He rinses it down the sink and continues to shave like nothing happened.  Tom continues to scroll through the Twitter feed on his phone until he sees something that catches his interest.

Tom: Umm… Wyatt?

Wyatt: Yeah?

Tom: What’s this about a candid interview you did a couple of weeks back?

Wyatt: What ‘bout it? It was the night we won the tag titles. You were in the shower and ah was doin’ mah post match stretchin’. Some guy who runs the SCW website wanted tah get some thought. Ah didn’ think it would be a problem.

Tom: I sure as hell hope not. Image is extremely important. We’ve been trying to build you up as a tough Texan who isn’t afraid of anything. You didn’t ruin that did you?

Wyatt doesn’t answer. He puts down his razor and turns off the water. Wyatt uses a hand towel to dry his face.

Tom: Wyatt…

Without saying a word, Wyatt walks over to his luggage and pulls out a couple of pieces of paper that are stapled together. He walks over to Tom and hands them to him.

Wyatt: Ya can judge it fer yerself. They wanted tah know the real Wyatt Peterson so ah gave it tah them. This is the copy they sent me a couple a days ago.

Tom eyes Wyatt nervously before looking at the paper.

<hr width=50%>

The Real Big Country
By: James Mercer

Wyatt has just gotten the biggest win of his short career. He and his partner, Sean Williams, have just defeated Jamie Staggs and Rage in a rematch from December 2 Dismember to become the second SCW Tag Team Champions in SCW history. I find Wyatt stretching in the locker room. The sweat is still dripping down his giant physique. He notices me and nods towards me in acknowledgement as he continues stretching. I walk right up to him.

James: Mr. Peterson. I’m James Mercer. Can I get an interview with you for SCWrestling.net?

Wyatt stops stretching and smiles at me. Between his smile and his accent, he can charm the pants off of a Jehovah’s Witness.

Wyatt: Normally, Tom deals with the promo stuff, but I don’t think it’ll hurt anything.

James: Great! SCW fans want to know the real Wyatt Peterson.

Wyatt nods absentmindedly as he takes in this information.

Wyatt: I think I can do that.

James: First thing, you and Sean just had your rematch from December 2 Dismember where you guys lost to Jamie Staggs and Rage. What made you think this time around would have been any different?

Wyatt: Well, to be honest, I didn’t.

James: What do you mean that you didn’t?

Wyatt: I went into this match willing to give it my all. I mean, who doesn’t want to have some SCW gold. I just honestly couldn’t see us winning.

James: You seemed so sure of yourself in the ring though.

Wyatt: It’s one of those things that Tom taught me. He said that, no matter how unconfident I am, I can’t let anyone else know about it. He calls it a game face.

James: Do you think that this “game face” helps you perform better in the ring?

Wyatt: I do. I think that between me showing confidence and my size, I get into my opponents head. That gives me a bit of an advantage, I think. It definitely helped us tonight.

Wyatt pulls the SCW Tag Team Championship belt out of his duffle bag and hangs it over his glossy shoulder. The light in the locker room hits the belt at the perfect angle to show off its shine. Wyatt’s smile is from ear to ear as he looks at the belt.

James: You look like you’re pretty happy with your accomplishment tonight.

Wyatt: How could I not be? I’ve been wrestling for less than a year. This is my first taste of gold.

James: There’s been buzz in the locker room about you and Sean not getting along. They’re saying that you’re not a real team. What do you have to say about that?

Wyatt: Sean’s a good guy. He’s had his fair share of problems in his past but he’s trying to put them behind him and start fresh here in SCW. I don’t know what people come up with this crap about us not getting along. We may not be best friends, but there ain’t no tension there either. Outside of the ring, we both have our own things going on. In the ring, we work together pretty well. Our styles complement each other. (Wyatt slaps his large hand on the faceplate of the title belt.) I think we’re doing just fine.

James: That’s good to know. Now that you’ve attained the tag team titles, who’s your biggest threats?

Wyatt: There are a few good teams here in SCW. Jamie and Rage pushed me and Sean to our limits tonight, so they’re definitely up there. Sinful Obsession have never lost so they can be considered a top contender. I can’t think of any others right now.

James: What about The Aristocrats? They’ve been making some noise.

Wyatt: Yeah, I’ve seen them around. I like the Hangman guy. I don’t think they’re too much of a threat yet. I mean they’re good, but I don’t think they’ve done enough to be worried about yet.

James: Are you sure? It was announced right after your match that you and Sean will be defending the tag titles against them at Blaze of Glory.

Wyatt: Really? Why hadn’t anyone told me yet?

James: It was just announced about fifteen minutes ago.

Wyatt: That’s probably why. Hangman is good. Very similar to me. He’s big, strong, and Texan. It’d be fun to get into the ring with him. The other guy, what’s his name?

James: “Big” Steve Scanlon.

Wyatt: Scanlon. That’s right. He’s a bit of a pip squeak in my opinion. He's short and thick. Seems kinda slimy. From what I’ve seen of him, I don’t think he could wrestle his way out of a paper bag. He talks a big game, but if they were able to beat me and Sean, it would be because of Hangman, not Scanlon.

James: If you were able to wrestle anyone in SCW one on one, who would it be?

Wyatt: Thanks for limiting it to SCW. It’s hard enough to choose just from within SCW with the talent we have here, I could never pick one if I could choose anyone from anywhere. As far as in SCW though, I would have to say it has to be Casey Williams.

I was taken aback by this answer. I had to probe further.

James: You’re telling me that if you could choose ANYONE in SCW… Hot Stuff Mark Ward, Christian Underwood, Spike Staggs, anyone…  you would choose Casey Williams?

Wyatt: I know, it’s probably not the answer most people would expect, but I am usually in the ring with people who are smaller than me. Any of the wrestling legends you named would be amazing to compete against, but me and Casey have been having a bit of a pissing match about who’s the biggest, most badass guy in SCW. We’ve both taken the other out at one time or another. I think it would be good to just put us in a ring and let us decide once and for all who the better man is.

James: That was extremely well thought out. I’m actually kind of surprised.

Wyatt: I do think. I’m not stupid.

James: No, of course not. Are you willing to do some word association?

Wyatt: Sure.

James: I’m going to say something and you call out the first SCW superstar that comes to mind.

Wyatt: Ok.

James: Hot.

Wyatt: Brooklyn Carter.

James: Cold.

Wyatt: Lucian Frost.

James: Big.

Wyatt: Hangman.

James: Small.

Wyatt: Scanlon.

James: Fresh.

Wyatt: Veronica Taylor.

James: Musty.

Wyatt: Misty.

James: Hardcore.

Wyatt: Spike Staggs.

James: Wimpy.

Wyatt: That kid that got beat by the teddy bear. What was his name?

James: James Huntington-Hawkes III?

Wyatt: Yeah, that guy.

James: That wraps up the interview. Thank you for your time.

Wyatt: It was my pleasure.

Wyatt flashes his smile again as I get up and start to leave the locker room. The last think I see before I leave is Wyatt's bare ass walking into the shower area wearing nothing but a towel around his neck. I couldn’t help but think to myself about how bright this kid’s future is.

<hr width=50%>

Tom finishes reading the interview. He looks up at Wyatt and just shakes his head.

Tom: This is horrible. If this thing goes live, it’ll ruin your image as a confident big man. I need to get Mark on the phone to try to stop this.

Tom scrolls through the contact list in his phone. He finds the one he’s looking for and pushes it. He puts the phone to his ear.

Tom: Mark, this is Tom Dudely. I wanted to talk to you about Wyatt’s candid interview that’s supposed to go live today. It can’t be released.

HS: Why the hell not? It’s a damn good read.

Tom: I have worked extremely hard trying to make Wyatt appear to be a confident big man who fears no one. This interview can ruin all of that.

HS: It would really make us look bad if we don’t release this. It’s already been announced on Twitter and it’s gotten a decent response.

Tom: I’ll tell you what. How about I have Wyatt come in right now and do another interview? We can get it done and have it up by the end of the night.

There is silence from Mark Ward’s end of the line. After a few moments, he breaks the silent.

HS: Let me think about it. In the meantime, keep your eyes on the Twitter feed.

Tom: Thanks, Mark. I’ll have Wyatt there as soon as you give me the word.

Tom ends the call and looks to Wyatt.

Tom: I can’t believe you’d do that.

Wyatt: Ah still don’ see a problem with it. It makes me seem like more of a human.

Tom: We don’t want that. We want people to fear you.

Tom glances at the interview in his hand.

Tom: People wouldn’t fear this man.

Tom tosses the interview onto the bed. The scene fades.

user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)