Author Topic: See you shaking with...  (Read 2989 times)

Offline LauraPhoenix

• View Profile
See you shaking with...
« on: September 08, 2023, 11:42:19 PM »
August 12th

It had been several hours since Bella’s water had broken. In fact, she had left Nick home with Aaron several hours before that after she got a call from her oldest.

Bella had only been a few days away from her actual due date, but if you ever talk to any woman who has ever given birth, those damn kids will show up when they want.

Bella’s water broke in the wee hours of the morning when instead of waking her or Mal from their sleep to get her a simple glass of water and in turn, turned the entire place into bedlam. There was no doubt before that Bella was indeed in labor when she had all kinds of issues even being comfortable but now, Mal was rushing around to grab shoes for them both while Bella partially freaked out about the mess that was now on the kitchen floor.

Thank the heavens that she was there, she assured them both that not only would she clean up the mess but take care of Luka and Salem and would meet them at the hospital as soon as she possibly could.

Thankfully by the early afternoon Malachi’s sister, Alanah had come to relieve her of animal duty and shooed her off to the hospital.

There, Laura had been waiting for this moment for what felt like an eternity. The floor was filled with the soft glow of lights that had made the entire floor welcoming and calming, and the air was filled with the scent of fresh flowers, a testament to the new life that had just entered the world. She stood outside the hospital room door, her heart fluttering with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Bella had given birth to her beautiful baby girl, Máire, just a short while ago. Laura had given her daughter and son-in-law some space to bond with their newborn, but now, she couldn't wait any longer. She had to meet her granddaughter.

Taking a deep breath, she gently pushed open the door and stepped into the room. The sight that greeted her was nothing short of magical. Bella, looking tired but radiant, was cradling the tiny bundle in her arms. Máire, with her tiny fists and button nose, was a perfect blend of her parents.

Bella looked up and smiled as Laura entered, her eyes reflecting a deep sense of contentment. "Mom, come meet your granddaughter."

Laura's heart swelled with emotion as she walked closer to the bedside. She reached out, her hands trembling slightly, and Bella carefully placed Máire into her arms. The moment their eyes met was pure magic.

Máire's little blue eyes blinked open, and she gazed up at her grandmother with a sense of wonder that only infants possess. Laura's heart melted at the sight of this precious life that was now a part of their family.

Just then, the door opened once again, and Nick walked in, his face filled with a mixture of pride and joy. "I couldn't wait any longer," he said, his voice filled with love. "I had to see my granddaughter."

Laura looked up at Nick, her eyes shining with happiness. "Nick, meet Máire," she said, her voice filled with tenderness. "Our beautiful granddaughter."

Nick walked over and stood beside Laura, gazing down at Máire with awe. "She's perfect," he whispered.

Máire let out a soft, cooing sound in response, capturing her grandfather's heart in an instant. Laura gently rocked their granddaughter in her arms, and Nick reached out to touch her tiny fingers.

"Hey there, Máire," Laura whispered, her voice filled with tenderness. "You've already brought so much love into our lives. Your mom and dad are going to be amazing parents, and we're going to be the best grandparents you could ever ask for."

Bella watched her parents with a soft, knowing smile. She could see the love and wonder in their eyes, and it filled her with happiness to know that her daughter was already surrounded by so much love.

Laura continued to hold Máire, her gaze fixed on the tiny, perfect face in her arms. "You know, Máire, you've already brought so much light into our lives. Your mom and dad are going to be amazing parents, and your grandparents are going to spoil you rotten."

Bella chuckled, a hint of tears in her eyes. "I have no doubt about that. I can’t wait until you bring Aaron by for him to meet his new baby niece."

Oh you should have heard him earlier. I caught him practicing in a mirror, holding one of his stuffed bears like a baby and saying, ‘Meet my niece, Máire.’. If I had remembered my phone I would have got him on video.” Nick said as he placed a gentle kiss on his daughter’s head, “You feeling alright, kid?

Bella smiled as she looked over towards her mother, wondering if she would ever let her granddaughter go, “Exhausted but yeah.

Just then a knock came to the door and a nurse popped her head in, “Hey, sorry to disturb you all and I know you have all been waiting so long but visiting hours were over a while ago.”

Laura whimpered a bit, “But- We just-

Nick held up his hand and smiled gently at the nurse, “Thanks for letting us know, I’ll peel the little one out her grandmother’s arms and we’ll be out of here soon.

The nurse smiled knowingly as Nick carefully took Máire from Laura’s arms and placed a gentle peck on her head before gently placing her into Bella’s arms. Laura looked like she was about to burst into tears for a moment before she gave Bella a quick hug, “Don’t worry mom, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to hold her again tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.

I know, just...” Laura swallowed something like a sob that almost escaped and looked at them both, “I’m proud of you and I love you.

I love you too. Both of you. I’ll see you tomorrow?

Absolutely.” Nick said as he wrapped his arm around Laura’s shoulders and began to usher them out of the room to leave Bella, Máire and Mal to themselves for the night. Laura knew that she was in great hands but her baby just had a baby of her own.

Once Nick got her into the elevator it was there that her tears finally fell and Nick hugged her tightly as they descended the floors.

In the back of her mind, Laura remembered how she used to dream that she would have had that kind of moment with her own mom when Bella was born. But she didn’t. She didn’t even have that when Aaron was born either because by then her own mother had lost her battle to cancer just 2 years prior.

The emotional wave had hit so suddenly that it wrecked her very being and Nick knew that.

I know, babe.” he simply said as his wife’s tears stained the shirt he wore as she held on to him for dear life, “I know.

Sept 6th, little over 3 weeks later.

As she approached the front door, she couldn't help but reflect on the whirlwind of emotions that had come with Máire's birth. The joy, the tears, the sleepless nights—all of it was part of the beautiful chaos of welcoming a new life into the world.

She rang the doorbell and waited, the flowers in her hand trembling ever so slightly. It wasn't long before the door opened, and Mal greeted her with a warm smile. "Hey, Laura, come on in."

Laura stepped inside, her heart swelling as she caught a glimpse of Máire in Mal's arms, nestled in a soft baby blanket. The sight of her tiny granddaughter filled her with a profound sense of love and happiness.

Mal led her into the living room, where Bella was sitting on the couch, her eyes heavy with exhaustion but a bright smile on her face. "Mom, you made it."

Laura moved closer, her eyes fixed on the precious bundle in Bella's arms. "Of course, I wouldn't miss this for the world." She leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on Bella's forehead before turning her attention to Máire and Mal. “Okay, daddy, I know that little girl has you wrapped around that tiny pinky finger, but you better pass her over to her grandma.

Mal just rolled his eyes as the baby stirred, her blue eyes blinking open as if sensing her grandmother's presence. Laura's heart skipped a beat as she carefully reached out and gently cradled Máire in her arms. The baby let out a soft, contented sigh, and Laura's heart melted.

"She's grown so much in just a few short weeks," Laura whispered, her voice filled with wonder as she gazed down at Máire's tiny face.

Bella nodded, her eyes filled with pride and affection. "Yeah, she's a little bundle of energy, that's for sure."

Mal joined them, his arm wrapping around Bella's shoulders as they watched Laura with their daughter. "We can't thank you enough for all your help, Laur. Having you here during these first weeks has been a lifesaver. Between you and my mum and Alanah, we’ve been able to keep things calm. Even with Luka and Salem being genuinely curious about her."

Laura smiled warmly, feeling a deep sense of happiness and fulfillment. "Hey, it’s what we grandmother’s do best. Besides, it's been my pleasure, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Máire is a blessing, and being a part of her life is a gift I treasure."

Laura marveled at how seamlessly Bella and Mal had embraced their roles as parents, their love for Máire shining through in every moment. Bella’s ability to be organized and Mal’s ability to make sure that just in case something was off, he would be there for what she would need.

You two have this down to a science, from the looks of it.” Laura said later in the evening, helping clean up from just a small dinner, “Makes me feel better getting back into things this weekend.

You both need to stop freaking out about this! Mal is having fits of his own,” Bella nodded over as he was carefully placing Máire down in the bassinet that they had out in the living room.

That caused Mal to stand up straight and glare in her general direction before walking over to them both, “Hey, I have every right to be cautious about leaving my girls behind.

And it’s not like Aunties Mattie and Alanah won’t be here.” Bella said, trying to keep her voice down, to not wake her daughter. She sighs as she sits back “I’m feeling great, in fact I’m even wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans again. I’d workout if I didn’t think you two wouldn’t have a complete meltdown. I had a baby, not major surgery and I’d thank ya both to remember that.

Laura sits forward and looks at Bella, “Hey, sorry kid. You can’t help but for us to worry about you just a bit. We don’t want you to rush it and end up having something bad happen. Enjoy this time and let us worry just a little bit. You just spent 40 weeks growing a whole human and bringing her into the world.

She is right, love.

I know! It’s like when I’m sick, though and you know how much fun I am when that happens.” Bella pouts, “But I do appreciate you both and everyone making sure we’re both ok.

Laura reaches out and takes her daughter’s hand, “You are welcome. I wish I had had this with my own mother, especially with you. Or any of this.

But you did with Aaron, mom. And I know all of this is dragging up all these horrible memories but at the end of it all, you and gram were able to heal and she did everything she could to make up for what happened. None of it was her fault or your fault and even though grandpa was guilty as absolute sin, we forgave him too.

Laura takes a big breath out that she didn’t even know she was holding and nods, “Yeah, we did. Still doesn’t mean I can’t be just a tad upset that I missed all this with you. If I get overbearing again, tell me?

Deal.

Antica-

The sun dipped below the Los Angeles skyline, casting long shadows across the bustling city. Laura Phoenix stood on the rooftop of her hotel, a cool breeze rustling her hair as she gazed out at the sprawling urban landscape. In just a few days, she would step into the SCW ring for a match that carried immense significance.

Below her, the city's lights began to twinkle, creating a tapestry of brilliance that seemed to stretch on forever. It was a stark contrast to the bright lights of the wrestling world, yet there was a connection between the two. Both were arenas where dreams were pursued, where legends were made, and where the human spirit persevered.

"On Sunday, I step into that ring not just as Laura Phoenix, the veteran wrestler, but as someone who's carried the weight of this industry on her shoulders for years. I've faced opponents of all sizes, strengths, and styles. I've bled, sweat, and shed tears in pursuit of this passion. And tonight, I face Aleesha Jones for the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship.

It's no secret that the Internet Championship represents a new era in wrestling. It's about connecting with the fans, about embracing change, and about evolving with the times. And here I am, after a month away from the ring, presented with an opportunity that could redefine my legacy. I gotta thank the ‘Queen’ herself, Zoey Lukas, for giving me this very interesting opportunity.

Aleesha, you're one of the brightest stars in this business. You've brought a level of athleticism and innovation that has pushed the boundaries of what's possible in that ring. But tonight, I'm not just facing you as an opponent; I'm facing you as a symbol of change, as a testament to the enduring spirit of this sport.

Winning the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship isn't just about adding another title to my collection. It's about proving that age, time away, and the doubters mean nothing when you have heart, experience, and an unbreakable connection with the fans. It's about telling every young wrestler out there that no dream is too big, no challenge is too daunting.

Tonight, I carry the hopes and dreams of all those who've supported me throughout my career. I carry the memory of every match, every sacrifice, and every moment that brought me to this point. And I carry the belief that tonight, I can make history.

Aleesha, you're a phenomenal champion, but know this: I'm not here to take your place. I'm here to share this spotlight with you, to elevate this championship, and to remind the world that in the world of professional wrestling, legends never truly retire. They evolve, they adapt, and they keep fighting.

So, let's make this match a classic, Aleesha. Let's give these fans a match they'll never forget, a match that will be talked about for years to come. And may the best woman win, but make no mistake, I'm here to win, to inspire, and to prove that the Bombshell Internet Champion is a symbol of excellence, resilience, and the undying spirit of professional wrestling. Let's do this."

-pation.