Author Topic: Embers of Change  (Read 1262 times)

Offline LauraPhoenix

• View Profile
Embers of Change
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:17:26 PM »
Embers of Change

The once bustling office of PWS:Apex was now eerily quiet as Laura Phoenix sat behind her desk, surrounded by boxes containing her personal belongings. The news of the promotion shutting down had hit her, just like everyone else, hard, leaving her with a mix of emotions. Uncertainty filled the air as she wondered what her next move should be.

Nick, who had been by her side throughout the majority of her wrestling career and her time as the general manager, stepped into the office, concern etched on his face. "How are you holding up, babe?"

Laura mustered a half-smile, trying to mask her disappointment. "I'll be alright, Nick. It's just... it's tough to see something you've put so much heart into come to an end."

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, offering a comforting embrace. "You did a great job, Laura. Your dedication and hard work were evident in everything you did for PWS:Apex. But sometimes, change is an opportunity for something even greater."

She sighed, resting her head against his chest. "I know, but it's hard not to feel a sense of loss right now."

Nick gently lifted her chin, making her look into his eyes. "Remember, you're not defined by a single role or job. You're Laura “Phoenix” Madison, a strong and talented woman who has achieved so much in wrestling and beyond. This is just another chapter in your life, and you have the power to turn it into something amazing."

Laura nodded, feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the uncertainty. "I know, you're right. I can't let this setback hold me back. I've faced challenges in the ring, and I've always come out stronger. But...it just...I feel like I failed everyone here. You, Bella, the amount of talent that depended on me to keep this place alive. For the longest time, this was home for a lot of people that really felt like they didn’t belong or they weren’t sure where to really go. I prided myself on being a beacon  that I never had. And instead it just slipped through my hands and I couldn’t do anything about it."

“We all could have done something,” Nick said with a touch of sadness, “Sometimes though things just need to end.”

“Yeah, I guess. I gotta finish up. Bella and Mal are coming over to the house for dinner, and I’m debating between astronomical amounts of cheese or the colonel,” she said as she looked around the room.

“Knowing that girl, get both and we’ll buffet it.” Nick said with a smirk, “I’ll go grab you another box and we’ll get out of here.”

With a swift kiss he left her to continue packing the last of her belongings. As she did, she couldn't help but think about her passion for wrestling and her desire to make a positive impact on the industry, it was one of the reasons that she became a general manager after she had retired the first time.

She turned and saw a picture of her and Bella and Alanah, following the match that would give her daughter her very first singles title run with the United Title in PWS.

A few hours later...

“OH I remember this!” Bella said, pulling that very same picture out of the box that Laura brought home.

The aroma of a delicious meal filled the Madison household as Laura and Bella sat together at the dining table. Nick, ever the supportive husband, had taken a moment to pick up both the cheesy extravaganza of a good ole fashion New York style grease in a box pizza and a bucket of fried chicken, offering comfort in the form of indulgent food.

"I still can't believe it's all over," Bella said, a touch of sadness in her voice as she served herself some macaroni and cheese. "PWS:Apex was like a second home for so many of us."

Laura nodded, taking a bite of her fried chicken, her thoughts momentarily drifting back to her time as the general manager. "It was a place where dreams came true for many young talents, a platform to showcase their skills and chase their passion for wrestling."

Bella glanced at her mother, seeing the mixture of emotions on her face. "Mom, I hope you don't blame yourself for what happened. You were doing the best you could, juggling your responsibilities as a mother and a general manager."

Laura set down her fork, looking into Bella's eyes. "You know, sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision to focus on wrestling more. Maybe if I had put more effort into managing PWS:Apex, things would have turned out differently."

Bella reached out and held her mother's hand, offering a reassuring squeeze. "Mom, you can't blame yourself for everything. You were doing what you thought was best for you and your career. And let's not forget how much you've achieved in wrestling. You've inspired so many people, including me."

Laura's eyes glistened with tears, touched by her daughter's words. "Thank you, sweetie. Your support means everything to me. It's just hard not to feel like I let everyone down, especially those young talents who were counting on PWS:Apex to be their launching pad."

Bella smiled warmly, her love and understanding shining through. "You didn't let anyone down, Mom. Sometimes, things just don't work out the way we want them to. But that doesn't mean it's the end. You still have so much to offer in wrestling and beyond."

Laura took a deep breath, feeling a weight being lifted off her shoulders. "You're right. I shouldn't let this setback define me. I've faced challenges before, and I've always come out stronger. I need to take this as an opportunity to explore new paths and find new ways to make a positive impact."

Bella nodded, a sense of pride evident in her eyes. "That's the spirit, Mom! You've always been a fighter, and I know you'll overcome this too. PWS:Apex might be gone, but you still have so much to offer to the wrestling world."

Laura smiled gratefully at her daughter, feeling a renewed sense of purpose. "Thank you, Bella. Your belief in me means more than you know. And speaking of belief, you have your own match coming up, don't you?"

Bella's eyes lit up, the conversation shifting to her own wrestling career, which was put on hold for the obvious 37 weeks and counting that was soon to be Laura’s very first granddaughter, "Yes, I do! And I'm going to give it my all, just like you always have. You've been my inspiration since I was a little girl, and I want to make you proud."

"You've already made me incredibly proud, Bella," Laura said, her voice filled with love and admiration. "You're talented, passionate, and driven. I have no doubt you'll make your mark in the wrestling world, just like I know you'll be an amazing mother."

Bella blushed slightly while rubbing her still growing mid-section, feeling the love and support from her mother. "Thanks, Mom."

“Just do me a favor, and don’t pop when I’m on the other side of the world?”

“Hey, it's bad enough Mal is going to be gone a week before she’s due. Thankfully, it looks like I’m gonna be spending the weekend with Alanah so I’ll be in good hands.”

“Sure, you around your niece and nephews and Jack...that’s not gonna be stressful at all.” Laura laughed.

“Like being here, around my little brother and dad and Mal who are currently having another deep discussion about sports yet again??”

“HOW CAN YOU CALL IT FOOTBALL WHEN YOU BARELY EVER KICK THE BALL?!?”

Mother and daughter stare at each other.

“I’ll get the wine for ya.” Bella says pulling herself up and Laura just sighing.

“Maybe a trip to China is exactly what I need.”

Embers of Change - Embrace The Future

Laura Phoenix stood at the edge of the Great Wall of China, the vastness of the ancient structure mirroring the emotions swirling within her. This was no ordinary match; it was a moment of truth, a chance to prove herself once again. Julianna DiMaria, a rising star in SCW, had already shown her prowess in the ring, and Laura knew she couldn't underestimate her.

As the wind whispered through the historic stones, Laura took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the moment settling on her shoulders. She had faced countless opponents throughout her illustrious career, but there was something different about this encounter. It wasn't just about winning a match; it was about embracing change and embracing the future.

Julianna represented the next generation of talent, the future of wrestling. And as she looked at the Great Wall stretching into the distance, Laura realized that she, too, was a part of that future. Her journey in wrestling had been a rollercoaster of triumphs and setbacks, but she had always emerged stronger and more determined.

"I stand here, at the Great Wall of China, ready to face Julianna DiMaria, a force to be reckoned with in the wrestling world. And as I stand on this historic monument, I can't help but reflect on my own journey," Laura spoke, her voice strong and resolute.

"For all my accomplishments, there's one area where I've come up short recently—capturing singles gold. It's a goal that has eluded me, and it's a void I am eager to fill," she admitted, her eyes holding a touch of vulnerability.

"Throughout my career, I've encountered obstacles that seemed insurmountable, faced challenges that tested my limits. But every time, I rose above them. I embraced change, adapted, and became a better wrestler, a better person. And this weekend, I stand here, ready to face Julianna, not as an end but as a new beginning."

Laura's eyes gleamed with determination as she continued, "Julianna, you're talented, there's no denying that. But know this, I didn't come all the way to China just to be defeated. I came here to prove that the embers of change burn within me, that my passion for wrestling is as fierce as ever."

"The Great Wall stands tall, an enduring symbol of strength and resilience. And just like this ancient wonder, I will stand tall in that ring. I will show you, the fans, and the wrestling world that Laura Phoenix is not done yet. I have more to give, more to achieve, and more to inspire."

She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the energy of the moment surrounding her. "So, Julianna, bring your best because I'm bringing mine. This isn't just a match; it's a clash of generations, a testament to the ever-changing landscape of wrestling. And when that bell rings, know that I will fight with all my heart and soul, leaving nothing behind."

Laura opened her eyes, her gaze unwavering. "I am ready for this challenge, ready to embrace change, and ready to create a legacy that will stand the test of time, just like the Great Wall. On Sunday, I step into the ring with you, Julianna, and together, we will create a moment that will be etched into the history of wrestling."

"China, it's an honor to stand here in the presence of such rich history and tradition," Laura spoke, her voice filled with appreciation for the moment. "The Great Wall is a testament to the strength and resilience of generations past, and it serves as an inspiration for what lies ahead."

She took a moment to collect her thoughts, the weight of her upcoming match with Julianna DiMaria evident in her gaze.

"In a few days, I'll be facing Julianna, a talented newcomer who's made a name for herself in SCW. I've watched her rise, and I have to give credit where it's due—she's proven herself to be a formidable competitor. But, in the ring, experience and passion can be the difference-makers."

Laura's eyes flickered with a glint of fire as she continued, "I won't deny that my recent journey has seen its challenges. I haven't captured singles gold, and that's something that has been gnawing at me. But you know what? It's also fueled a fire within me, a hunger to reclaim my spot at the top."

"This match isn't just about titles or rankings; it's about proving to myself that I still have what it takes to excel in this industry. I've faced setbacks before, and every time, I've come back stronger. This time will be no different."

She paused, looking out at the vastness of the Great Wall, drawing inspiration from the historical wonder.

"I stand here, ready to embrace the future, ready to take on the challenges that come my way. Julianna, I respect you, and I know you'll bring your best to the ring. But let me make one thing clear—I won't hold back, and I won't back down."

A determined smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she spoke, "This is my moment, and I intend to seize it. China, get ready for a match that will be a celebration of wrestling, a testament to the spirit of competition, and a showcase of the enduring legacy of the Phoenix."

Laura's eyes met the camera's lens with unwavering intensity, her message to the world crystal clear.

"To all the fans who have supported me throughout my career, I say this—I won't let you down. This match is for you, for everyone who believes in the power of change, in the strength of the human spirit."

With that, Laura Phoenix left the interview, her heart ablaze with determination and a newfound sense of purpose. As the sun dipped below the horizon, it marked the end of one chapter and the beginning of another—an epic clash awaited, and the world would bear witness to the phoenix's rise.