Author Topic: Globe Trotting Mama  (Read 1136 times)

Offline LauraPhoenix

• View Profile
Globe Trotting Mama
« on: July 14, 2023, 11:49:31 PM »
Globe Trotting Momma

Summer Xxxtreme had come and gone and despite the loss, Laura was in a pretty decent mood.

One of the benefits of being a vet is you understand that you cannot win them all and the style of match was legit a first for even her and her 20 year career. But the experience of the whole time on the Princess, she finally understood why Bella kept ranting and raving about the experience and her daughter’s subsequent remorse about not being able to attend this year.

Even her husband enjoyed the time they spent aboard the cruise ship, without their son who was spending some quality time with his grandfather while they were away. It was almost like a second honeymoon for them, which said a lot seeing as their 10th wedding anniversary was in just little over 2 months away. That and an early celebration of Laura’s 41st birthday, which as soon as Fenris got wind of that, he promised Bella that his mother would have one of the better celebrations that she would more than likely forget, but the video footage would live on forever.

They would get home, reunited with Aaron and a simple family celebration of her birthday quickly followed, which thankfully she didn’t have to plan at all. She didn’t have a plan at all but to just go back to work, hit the gym and be a mom for a whole week.

...and then an interesting chance popped up. One that she just could not resist.

And now she finds herself packing, and her husband is watching his wife with amusement.

“But we just got home!”

“I know we did, and we had a lot of fun on that ship,” Laura said as she stepped out of her side of their rather large walk-in closet, dropping a choice of clothing into one of the 2 large suitcases she was going to bring with her.

He just looked down with a sigh, “We were supposed to not keep doing the globe trotting thing. Remember? Retired?”

Laura could sense her husband’s ever growing frustration as she situated her bag off to the side, sitting gently on his lap and wrapping her arms around her husband’s neck, “But Nick, I couldn’t turn this opportunity down. For one, it’s Rome. And for two, it’s a true one on one shot at Jessie with hopefully no other outside influence and factors. It is the Roulette Title and we are at the mercy of that wheel that picks the stipulation but I have to try this again.”

Nick just shook his head, his wife’s fire for the ring was definitely reignited and there was going to be no deterring her from this path, “Ok, well do I need to also remind you that our daughter is little over 4 weeks away from giving birth to our first grandbaby?”

“I am well aware and I will do my damndest to make sure that we are there for it but she also made it known that she only wants Mal with her. I have to respect her wishes but I also told her that I would be there if something happened,” Laura said, pulling herself up to her feet and looking down at Nick with her hand on his grizzled face. He was still as handsome as the day they married, “I’m not about to abandon her but she understands what I need to do. Actually I was rather hoping that you and Aaron would like to join me on this tour a little bit. He’s been to England and Japan when he was just a baby but this could be it for me and having you both there...”

Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from down the hall that sent both Nick and Laura running from their room and into the upstairs office where Aaron had managed to climb up onto the desk and while standing at the corner he was spinning the globe that was pulled across the room. He had knocked over a lamp and a side table in the attempt that had sent books and papers flying and the area rug pulled up as well.

“Aaron Levi Madison!” Laura let out after seeing the mess but then she looked around and noticed his little suitcase they had bought him, sitting on the couch. Nick made his way over to the boy, laughing a bit but trying to keep a stern face while Laura walked over to the case, opening it and seeing everything he could possibly need for the trip and even some things he didn’t but it also included his favorite stuffed animal, “Bud? What the heck happened here?”

“I wanted to see where we’re going! I got all packed myself but I decided I needed to look at the ball and see where it was but...” he looked around, “I made a big mess. I’m sorry, mommy. I’m sorry, daddy.”

“Dude, you just scared the crap out of us. That’s all.” Nick said, giving his son a quick hug, “Gotta admire the tenacity though.”

Laura laughed as she set the side table up and walked over to them, “Gets that in spades from the both of us.” 

Aaron reaches over and spins the globe fast a few times, “So show me! Where are we going?”

Laura gives Nick a look and he knows he has been completely outvoted in the plans. He just nods and she reaches up and stops it from spinning and turns it ever so slightly, pointing at there location now, “So this is where we are now. And-” with a slight right turn she stops and points at Italy, more specifically, Rome, “And this is where it all begins for us, bubba.”

Aaron’s little eyes squint, trying to read the words, “Ro- ...Ro-may?”

“Close. It’s the home of many a battle, some for game, some for freedom and some for their life.” Nick said.

And with a glint in her eye, Laura looked at the men in her life, “Some of the greatest battles happened right there. In the colosseum of Rome.”

A Heartfelt Conversation

Laura and Bella sat across from each other in a cozy corner of their favorite coffee shop. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, creating a comforting atmosphere as they delved into their conversation.

Bella looked at her mother, concern etched on her face. "Mom, I've been thinking a lot about your decision to accept the open challenge. It's a risky move, and I worry about your well-being. You've already been through so much."

Laura reached out and took Bella's hand, offering her a reassuring smile. "I appreciate your concern, sweetie. I truly do. But sometimes, we have to take risks to achieve what we desire. This open challenge is an opportunity for me to prove myself, to show that I still have what it takes. It's not just about the championship; it's about reclaiming my own sense of strength and purpose."

Bella's worry lingered, her voice filled with maternal protectiveness. "I know you're strong, Mom, but we both know the wrestling world can be brutal. I don't want you to get hurt, especially with Máire on the way."

Laura's eyes softened with understanding, her love for her daughter shining through. "I understand your concern, Bella. But being a mother doesn't mean giving up on our dreams. It means finding a balance, pursuing our passions while still prioritizing our family. I want Máire to grow up knowing that she can chase her dreams fearlessly."

Bella's gaze shifted, her worry blending with understanding. "I suppose I just need to trust that you'll take care of yourself. I've seen your dedication and resilience throughout the years. I know you won't take unnecessary risks."

Laura squeezed Bella's hand gently, a gesture of gratitude for her understanding. "Thank you for having faith in me, Bella. I promise you, I'll take every precaution to stay safe. I have Nick watching out for me, and I've been training rigorously. This decision wasn't made lightly."

Bella's expression softened, a mix of concern and love. "I just want you to be okay, Mom. You've always been my role model, and I worry about you."

Laura smiled warmly, her voice filled with love. "I appreciate your concern, sweetheart. Your support means the world to me. I'll do everything in my power to come back to you safe and sound."

They sat in silence for a moment, the bond between them growing stronger. The hum of conversation and the comforting presence of the coffee shop enveloped them, reminding them of the love and connection they shared.

Bella finally broke the silence with a soft smile. "Well, Mom, if anyone can overcome the challenges and come out victorious, it's you. Just promise me that you'll be careful, okay?"

Laura nodded, her eyes shining with determination. "I promise, Bella. I'll give it my all, but I'll also prioritize my well-being. You and Máire are my world, and I'll always come back to you."

They shared a heartfelt moment, their love and support evident in their connection. With renewed determination and the unwavering support of her daughter, Laura prepared to face the challenges that awaited her. Together, they would navigate the intricacies of motherhood and the pursuit of their dreams, knowing that their bond would always be a source of strength and love.

The Greatest Battles

“You dared to call it. You called your shot, Jessie.”

The Colosseum stood before Laura Phoenix, a testament to the magnificence of the ancient world. Alone within the colossal structure, its towering walls and haunting echoes enveloped her. The air was filled with a sense of reverence and history, a perfect backdrop for her moment of redemption.

Dressed in her Roman warrior-inspired attire, Laura stood in the center of the arena, her armor glistening under the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the ancient arches. The stillness of the Colosseum embraced her, offering a sacred solitude that fueled her determination.

With her helmet held firmly under her arm, Laura took a deep breath, drawing in the energy of the storied arena. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to become one with the spirit of the warriors who had once graced these hallowed grounds.

"In this majestic Colosseum, where legends were born and battles etched into eternity, I stand alone," she whispered, her voice resonating with the weight of her conviction. "Tonight, I face a challenge that will define my legacy and forge a path to redemption."

As her words echoed through the ancient structure, Laura's mind traveled back to her previous encounter with Jessie Salco and Mercades Vargas at Summer Xxxtreme. The memory of defeat stung slightly, but in this moment, she drew strength from it. It was a reminder of the hard work, sacrifice, and unwavering determination that had brought her to this point.

"The taste of defeat lingers like a bitter fruit on my tongue, but it fuels the fire within me," she continued, her voice growing stronger. "It has pushed me to not be afraid of the unknown. I have trained harder. I have had to dig deeper, and to rise above the ashes of past failures. Two veteran warriors, like us, know that no amount of defeat will ever hold us down for very long. We either let it eat us alive from the inside, or we can let it slide off into the gutter with all the blood, sweat and tears, letting it absorb into the earth while we just keep on fighting...forever."

The weight of the Colosseum seemed to embrace Laura, amplifying her resolve. She visualized the upcoming battle, the fierce clash against an opponent who had tasted victory before. But this time, things would be different.

"Jessie Salco, I heard your challenge, and I accepted it with unwavering determination," she declared, her words carried by the stillness of the Colosseum. "Within these ancient walls, I summon the warrior within me, ready to face you with every fiber of my being. But I cannot help but be slightly disappointed in you Jess. You seem to think that a part of life makes you weak. I heard all about your words towards an innocent woman. Look, I know there isn’t a soul in SCW that actually likes Gabriel Wank, but you have to admire the woman that raised such a brazen individual....no matter how much we all know in a place such as this, he would be the first to be fed to the proverbial lions. If I had any advice to give? Don’t take the low hanging fruit. It makes you look weak and fresh meat to the ones that are even hungrier than we are."

Laura's gaze swept across the empty stands, imagining the crowd that would soon fill them, roaring with anticipation. But in this solitary moment, it was just her and the weight of her own aspirations. The Colosseum became her sanctuary, a sacred space where she could focus solely on the battle ahead.

"Sunday night, Jessie, within this arena of history and glory, I will claim what is rightfully mine," Laura vowed, her voice filled with unyielding determination. "I will rise above the past, etching my name into the annals of that Roulette championship history as a symbol of not only redemption but as glorious triumph."

The echoes of her words reverberated through the Colosseum, becoming part of the tapestry of its ancient stories. Laura Phoenix, alone in the grandeur of The Colosseum, stood ready to face Jessie Salco, armed with her indomitable spirit and a hunger for victory that could not be extinguished.

The scene was set, the stage was hers, and within the timeless embrace of The Colosseum, Laura Phoenix stood as a warrior, ready to seize her moment of redemption.